Support Requests (1 Viewer)

Trciky1024

Portal Member
December 12, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
When changing the volume via MPiV its change the system volume which is picked up by EG.
So I have thought again about temp workaround for the volume control, as EG is getting the volume controls, I will setup 3 tasks, one to monitor for 0-10 and loop with volume down, 11-89 stop volume control and finally 90-100 increase volume and loop. this is a simple work around.

Like the idea of plus / minus buttons as an options instead of slider. much easier for me to manage, keep up the good work.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Btw, whay is th most common way to send commands to Eventghost, by tcp/ip or http requests?

Trciky1024

Portal Member
    December 12, 2012
    Home Country
    i m no programmer but do work in IT, I would think that you would look at the Network Event Receiver (this uses TCP/IP) or build a module from scratch to allow EG to show events.
    currently there is a module called Event Ghost Plus for MP that sends commands to EG for status updates on pages etc. I would guess its worth looking at this module and see if it can be reverse engineered?

EG used Python for scripts which I have no idea about but fingers crossed someone does.

Side note, none of the options for the power button work, very sad.

Trciky1024

Portal Member
    December 12, 2012
    Home Country
    I'm happy with that, most commands that enter EG start with the service name . function I.E. MPiV.VolUp[DOUBLEPOST=1445627590][/DOUBLEPOST]ok that is really easy, I have just tested it, loaded Web Server, configured root folder as "/" and port to 1234, then issued http://127.0.0.1:124?TEST and this gave me an event in EG called HTTP.TEST[]

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know that @Shukuyen did some work in WifiRemote regarding plugin for receievers so e.g. volume could be sent to them instead of MediaPortal. Not sure how far he got.

Hey there,

in the latest WifiRemote there is support for network devices. The only concrete integration is for the Pioneer VSX-921 AV receiver, as this is what I have here. If you have a receiver that has a network API let me know and I may be able to integrate that. With my receiver I can change the volume and mute/unmute it via WifiRemote.

Trciky1024

Portal Member
    December 12, 2012
    Home Country
    that is interesting, that must mean the wifiremote I downloaded from the extension installer is not the latest, this also might be interesting as I have a VSX-924, but I would still prefer to have CIC control via EG as of the power requirements that turns on and off all devices.

Are we not able to amend wifiremote to instead of issuing command to the AMP but add a dropdown for EG?

Also how do you mute? there is no mute button in MPiV, I think Johanj is looking into having an option for slider / and or buttons with some sort of EG support.

Trciky1024

Portal Member
    December 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Johanj / Shukuyen

I can see looking at wifiremote beta release code you have hard coded the connection to the Pioneer AMP and then setup control. as you are looking to expand this control would it be possible add eventghost as a hardware plugin?

Now my thoughts are this. EG support plugins for most receivers now, so EG can control my Pioneer over IP if I wanted.
    I have tested the connection works to EG if we have the web browser plugin installed, so when you install you setup a port (i.e. 1234), Event Prefix (i.e. HTTP) and authentication if required. we can then issue local events to the browser.

i.e.
    127.0.0.1:1234?WIFIremote.volup -> triggers event WIFIremote.volup in EG.

We can have events for volup, vol down, mute and any other events that we need to home automation.

We would need to configure the following fields within the hardware section:
    ipaddress of EG machine (default to 127.0.0.1)
    port used by webserver (default to 1234)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think you mix up things. Shukuyen can add a tcp/ip system to communicate with receivers over tcp/ip. What I suggested for MPiV and Eventghost was using HTTP to the EG webserver. tcp/up and HTTP are different things. And you also already can get the volume in EG when seding volume to WifiRemote so what would this extension of WifiRemote give you additionally?

I can see the benefit if adding a generic http sytem with custom commands in MPiV and that we send events and the custom commands when different things happen in MPiV, e.g. changing activity or client. This will not happen fast, don't expect anything within weeks/months.

Trciky1024

Portal Member
    December 12, 2012
    Home Country
    all I'm thinking it to make a single point that deals with the breakout to 3rd party devices/applications, this would save time and deployment through apple.
    The volume control I have right now is not great as whilst I do see it I need to create a script to deal with it. not easy as all I get reported is system volume changed. so I think have to interrogate the system to what the actual volume is. then I have to work out to go up or down.

Sorry, I'm being inpatient. I guess I'm thinking that to modify wifiremote would be quicker

Users who are viewing this thread