Support Requests (2 Viewers)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sending events to Eventghost will take some time. I have added the system together with other systems. (We will use OpenHAB for our own Home Contol needs). But its quite work to handle the systems in a generic way so they can be configured in the gui etc. and we cant release anything before this is done. In short, too many projects and too litle time to play.:unsure:

Trciky1024

Portal Member
    December 12, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Home automation is a different solution really, I trigger event from Event Ghost for my Vera but looking at OpenHab Vera integration, I think they can work together. So I would not waste time with EG here (unless other users have requested this, but you can only trigger scenes and not control anything else. i.e. light brightness etc)

Honestly speaking the only Event Ghost trigger are power and volume controls as these trigger LibCEC events to control AMP, TV power and volume. I don't think I'm alone here?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    We control tvs, projectors, receivers, apple tvs etc directly from iviewer in our own setups. But that is on off things and not something we can support in MPiV. The integration with house heating, lights, blinds etc is not done yet but started on. Cant say if this will be added to the public app but sending events to OpenHAB or EG can at least be added.

Trciky1024

Portal Member
    December 12, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    that I understand as you will have to account for so many variables. I look forward to progress. If you require testers please let me know.

eb1965

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2006
    Bramsche (Osnabrueck)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have two questions with the view of thumbs in MPIV.

First:
    I have about one hundred music albums. Only by one (!) of them (...the first on in the list), i can see an artist-picture on the left side:

IMG_0122.PNG

No other artist in my list get's a picture, this field is in general empty.
    My question is: where is the place in MP, where I can save pictures to be shown in MPIV in this field ?

Second:
    By some albums i get not the right album-cover in the middle colum of MPIV:

IMG_0124.PNG

IMG_0125.PNG

The album-cover, that is shown in the right colum is the correct one. It's the same cover that is stored in the MP3-Tags and also stored as JPG in the MP-Path for album-thumbs.
    What have I done to try to solve this mistake?
    - deleting the stored cover in MP3-Tags and importing the same cover again. No success.
    - updating the Music-DB of MP. No sucess.
    - deleting the music-DB of MP with building in new one after. No success.
    - deleting the music files on harddisk, updating the music-DB, saving the music files again on harddisk and updating the music-DB again. No success.

My question is: What can i do, to solve this incorrect display?

okay.... sorry for my bad english, i hope you can understand my problems... thank your for hints!

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I will check what image we use for the large thumb to the left.

But for the other cases I know the issue, its related to caching of the images. All graphics is cached in iViewer and its no way to programatically clear the cache. Only a delete and reinstall of MPiV app will clear the cache.

Also MPExtended has a cache, I think its in the program data folder. Start with deleting that. If that do not work, reinstall MPiV.

eb1965

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2006
    Bramsche (Osnabrueck)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for the quick response!
    I have even cleared the MPExtended-Cache before writing this post. Sametime no success.

For the image on the left side: It would be very interesting to know, where these images are be stored. Because i have searched in so much folders of MP to find just this picture from Abba. But i didn't found it.......

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @eb1965 The large thumb to the left is for the artist and the other ones belong to the album:

https://github.com//MPExtended/blob...ed.Services.Common.Interfaces/WebMediaType.cs
    MusicAlbum = 7,
    MusicArtist = 8,

So I guess this is what you have in your Music database for the albumArtists. I don't have many of those thumbs either but I haven't bothered about my music database since I use mainly Squeezeboxes for music and have that integrated in my version of MPiV.

Users who are viewing this thread