General Support (130 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
You can also look here: http://www.prolink-usa.com/ Greets
You can also look here: http://www.prolink-usa.com/ Greets
Do anybody know where to find drivers for PixelView PlayTV (PV-BT848P+)? I have found drivers for Win2000, is it possible that...
Replies
Views
It is expected that the next major release will allow you to "stream" tv to another PC. This is a major breakthrough and well worth having a network for - as it means you can effectively have a media portal "Server" which has your TV cards and big disk etc and another machine in another room which picks up the TV signal over your...
It is expected that the next major release will allow you to "stream" tv to another PC. This is a major breakthrough and well...
Is there any value in having the pc networked? :)
Replies
Views
If that makes you feel better I have the same symptoms, too. Nothing to be embaressed about. The way you handle it is what I would call a workaround.... I will continue searching for a solution... /jayrock
If that makes you feel better I have the same symptoms, too. Nothing to be embaressed about. The way you handle it is what I would...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (CVS - mediaportal-cvs-12-09-2005--23-04.rar) Skin: MCE Windows Version...
Replies
Views
D
MP1 MP2 TV Picture jumps DE
Update: Installed all the updates mentioned here, along with the reg hack, latest ATI drivers and tried the PCI latency tool as well. Sure enough, the latency for my gfx card was 255. Dropped it to 64 and noticed an immediate improvement! Was actually able to watch TV at last, and recorded several shows all of which played back...
Update: Installed all the updates mentioned here, along with the reg hack, latest ATI drivers and tried the PCI latency tool as...
Area: My TV MP Version: 0.1.3.0 Skin: mce Windows Version: XP Home SP2 CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 2800+ Memory: 512Mb PC3200...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Feedback from MP to command line (1 Viewer) DE
That would mean I have to run MPsetup first every time I want to watch another DVD (image). Then I rather not use MP and just go with the mouse. The reason I want this all automated is because I then can do it with the remote control.
That would mean I have to run MPsetup first every time I want to watch another DVD (image). Then I rather not use MP and just go...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.135 (if I am right) Windows Version: Xp MCE lateste patches installed (as of...
Replies
Views
A
this is how mine's set up: primary monitor: tv. secondary monitor (with extend... ticked): crt renderer: VMR9 i started the other way round but moving the MP window onto the TV and maximising would make things go really slow, mouse skipping about etc. this way, somehow, i still have the task bar and icons on the crt...
this is how mine's set up: primary monitor: tv. secondary monitor (with extend... ticked): crt renderer: VMR9 i started the...
Hi, How can I run media portal on secondary display in full screen mode. best regards, J
Replies
Views
Thry to add this stream to the radio channel section. You have to say it is a stream. Everything should work then
Thry to add this stream to the radio channel section. You have to say it is a stream. Everything should work then
Would Some one explain how I would set up streaming tv from the web on Media Portal. Thnx
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Timeshifting File DE
Hi, timeshift is a ring buffer. 60 minutes will need aprox 2 GB diskspace. So you will get around ten files, and then MP will return to the first, or deleting the first. So no need to worry. A bug in timeshift would have been noticed already....i hope ;) Flip
Hi, timeshift is a ring buffer. 60 minutes will need aprox 2 GB diskspace. So you will get around ten files, and then MP will...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 1.0.3.0 Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2 CPU Type: 2500+ Memory: 1.5 GB Video Card...
Replies
Views
Yes, some do, but it is fairly minor. For example, The channel up/down button changes TV channels in My TV, but does nothing when watching a DVD - which is a bit odd, as I would expect it to change chapters in DVD mode... :( Not to my knowledge - but I don't think it would be necessary, anyway.
Yes, some do, but it is fairly minor. For example, The channel up/down button changes TV channels in My TV, but does nothing when...
It seems many of you recommend the MCE remote for Media Portal. So instead of buying one i want to be able to use another remote i...
Replies
Views
I have the same problem! Hauppauge WinTV 150 Tuned the tv channels, but i can't tune the radio. The funny thing is that the cabletv provider says that he sends radio channels trough the cable. I enter the frequency and nothing happens. I assinged it to the card too.
I have the same problem! Hauppauge WinTV 150 Tuned the tv channels, but i can't tune the radio. The funny thing is that the...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: latest Skin: tried with several Windows Version: XP SP1 CPU Type: XP 1800+ Memory...
Replies
Views
Hi Flip! After almost giving up on MP (since every other htpc worked with my card), i dl'ed a frontend to try (cant remember its name) and it told me in the config that ffdshow could ruin the TV view. it disabled it and the picture was perfect. i thought wait maybe ill try MP now and to my amazement it works perfectly now!!!!! :D...
Hi Flip! After almost giving up on MP (since every other htpc worked with my card), i dl'ed a frontend to try (cant remember...
Hi guys sorry for the second Question today but im playing around with my winTV pvr 150 and after solving the first problem...
Replies
Views
That sounds about right. 60mbx60minutes = 3.6gig
That sounds about right. 60mbx60minutes = 3.6gig
Area: TV recording file size issue MP Version: 2 RC1 Skin: blue too Windows Version: xp pro sp2 CPU Type: amd athlon 64 3000...
Replies
Views
Did you add the extension in the movies section in config? Do you also have directshow codecs to play that format back?
Did you add the extension in the movies section in config? Do you also have directshow codecs to play that format back?
can media portal find and play h2.64 movies? I put them in the proper folder by MP can't find them? Solution? Thanks :)
Replies
Views
Then maybe the drivers doesn't work with MP yet.... What info did you enter for the channels? everytime I added a channel, when I'd looked back on the settings every value were -1 /BigAl
Then maybe the drivers doesn't work with MP yet.... What info did you enter for the channels? everytime I added a channel, when...
I have tried to get my Twinhan Cab-CI (VP 2031) to work with MP and ShowShifter, no one of them work so i'm starting to think that...
Replies
Views
I just installed MP, but it gets stuck when sanning my computer for media files; the scanning slows down and in the end all my computer gets stuck. I can't even use ctrl-alt-del anymore. I got a 3500+computer with 2x1Gb memory so I can't imagine the problem having anything to do with that. I tried to find a topic on this problem but...
I just installed MP, but it gets stuck when sanning my computer for media files; the scanning slows down and in the end all my...
I just installed MP, but it gets stuck when sanning my computer for media files; the scanning slows down and in the end all my...
Replies
Views
Have a look at Keymap.xml in the /MediaPortal Directory.
Have a look at Keymap.xml in the /MediaPortal Directory.
Hi wanted to know if you can change the keyboard shortcut (wanting to make TV fullscreen change channel F7/F8 to menu keys...
Replies
Views
Or better yet - how to disable it?
Or better yet - how to disable it?
I am using HIP with a twinhan remote control. Media portal is running on my TV without any problem. All the XP screen savers are...
Replies
Views
S
bda drivers are not available for ss2 afaik, but you can use the updated drivers in my theatre for driving your motor...and it works well. dont waste your time trying to config the dvb-s plugin in mp it's not good for serious sat use, as asidie wrote the only hope is that someone comes up with a plugin for mt then we would have an...
bda drivers are not available for ss2 afaik, but you can use the updated drivers in my theatre for driving your motor...and it...
Hi all ! This is my first post in this forum, and I want to congratulate the authors for this lovely piece of software. Now...
Replies
Views
Hi, What size of diplay are you using ? Is 2 lines enough to navigate or is it better to use 4 lines (typically to be able to choose a music to play in an album) 2X16 or 2x20 or 4X16 Thanks
Hi, What size of diplay are you using ? Is 2 lines enough to navigate or is it better to use 4 lines (typically to be able to...
One thing I dislike about media centers in general (all of them) is the necessity to have a TV/display turned on to listen to...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.00GHz Memory: 1 GB...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.00GHz Memory: 1 GB...
Replies
Views
For those of you on this thread that are ripping DVD backups with Shrink or DVDrip and trying to play them back through MP, you may want to try the following: 1. in your video_ts folder, remove all files except for the main movie's .vob files. 2. download a free program called Ifoedit (Ifoedit0971.zip). I got it from doom9.net...
For those of you on this thread that are ripping DVD backups with Shrink or DVDrip and trying to play them back through MP, you may...
Hi, I already checked the forum and I have to admit that it worked in the past.. but as I not check regulary it might be that I...
Replies
Views
Take a look at the new Hauppauge HVR-1300 card. I have just purchase one, (but haven't managed to install it yet) but it should replace a Hauppauge Nova-T and MCE-150 combination, all in a single pci slot. This would allow you to: 1. tune digital tv 2. input Foxtel via the RCA inputs 3. receive FM radio. I believe that there...
Take a look at the new Hauppauge HVR-1300 card. I have just purchase one, (but haven't managed to install it yet) but it should...
Hi all. I am putting together a media portal machine for a friend and before I buy the cards I'd like to hear from some Australians...
Replies
Views
i did set prority but why should one card be set to record only?
i did set prority but why should one card be set to record only?
I have a setup with 3 tuners(500MCE,150MCE), with all channels assigned to all tuners. Im trying to set up recording...
Replies
Views
Two thinks improved the situation: 1. I read the logs carefully after turn on extensive logging, thanks to Maschine 2. Deleting the hibernate option in windows and start new. Now Powerscheduler is working, but with the new CVS (12-09) only a 6kb file is recorded (DVB-S), but this is another problem.
Two thinks improved the situation: 1. I read the logs carefully after turn on extensive logging, thanks to Maschine 2. Deleting...
Area: Media Portal Skin / Powerscheduler MP Version: 0.2RC1 Skin: MCE Windows Version: Xp Sp2 all updates CPU Type: Intel P4...
Replies
Views
Here you are: Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.00GHz Memory...
Here you are: Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version...
My System: P4 processor 530 with HT technology (3.00GHz, 800fsb, 1MB cache)7 1024MB DDR400 Dual Channel Memory (2x512)9 160GB...
Replies
Views
Thanks for trying to help Flip. I posted on a thread frequented by USBUIRT dev SteveV and he kindly answered my query. Link: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10350&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30 Thanks again.
Thanks for trying to help Flip. I posted on a thread frequented by USBUIRT dev SteveV and he kindly answered my query. Link...
Hi First let me say what a great program this is. I've recently moved over from using GB-PVR and I have to say MediaPortal is...
Replies
Views
Thank you. This was exactly what I needed :D
Thank you. This was exactly what I needed :D
Hi I have just installed a MCE remote and it is working find within Media Portal. But I like to extend the use so I can switch...
Replies
Views
Solution Found I found the solution but it took me two whole days and two complete rebuilds to get it going, but when it works it works perfectly. The problem I was having was that supplied software with the device only works with the supplied driver whilst MP only works with the BDA drivers. I was trying to get the supplied...
Solution Found I found the solution but it took me two whole days and two complete rebuilds to get it going, but when it works it...
Can some one help me. I have being trying to setup media portal 2.0 RC1 with a Twinhan Alpha capture card, but I cannot get...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the response - I was using the last of the 1.3.0 CVSs as I had trouble with the v2.0 ones and had to keep backing out. Just tried the latest 2.0, and same problem but worse (the card that did tune before now only finds 5 out of 60 digital TV channels, and the other card still finds none). R
Thanks for the response - I was using the last of the 1.3.0 CVSs as I had trouble with the v2.0 ones and had to keep backing out...
WinXPProSP2 1 Ghz AMD Celeron Sapphire Radeon 9600 ADS TECH DVB-T (2x identical, drivers from...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom