General Support (192 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
D
Area: Media Portal Program / My TV MP Version: 02.0 Skin: Blue Two Windows Version: XP Professional SP2 CPU Type: AMD Sempron 3200+ Memory: 512MB DDR Motherboard Chipset: Asus K8V-MX Video Card: MSI Radeon 9550 Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.6451 Video Card Resolution: 800x600 Video Render Type: VMR9 Video Codec Type & Version...
Area: Media Portal Program / My TV MP Version: 02.0 Skin: Blue Two Windows Version: XP Professional SP2 CPU Type: AMD Sempron...
Area: Media Portal Program / My TV MP Version: 02.0 Skin: Blue Two Windows Version: XP Professional SP2 CPU Type: AMD Sempron...
Replies
Views
D
MP1 MP2 Remote DE
MediaPortal supports the MCE remote "straight out of the box" in Windows XP Professional and MCE. For Windows XP Home you will need to install the appropriate drivers - do a search in these forums and you will find information on what is required.
MediaPortal supports the MCE remote "straight out of the box" in Windows XP Professional and MCE. For Windows XP Home you will...
I was wondering is this all I need to use a remote...
Replies
Views
This is definetly a GUI problem. If i after starting the compression hits the Live TV button on my remote, i succesfully get to Live TV, however any attemps of navigation from there will also lock everything up. It seems that any attempt of changing to another GUI windows screws everything up. Ive update to the latest CVS build which...
This is definetly a GUI problem. If i after starting the compression hits the Live TV button on my remote, i succesfully get to...
Hi, I have a strange problem with yesterdays and todays CVS version. I wanted to try out the Compress option in recorded TV. I...
Replies
Views
I have the same problem. What happens when you try WMV or MPEG-2? In this case for me it seems to start okay but freezes when i try to navigate away from the compress menu. I would like to know if this also happens to you, because no one has responded to my post about it below.
I have the same problem. What happens when you try WMV or MPEG-2? In this case for me it seems to start okay but freezes when i try...
I have all the codecs it says it needs. im running .20 on mediaportal-cvs-12-05-2005--14-09 all i get back is error 12/8/2005...
Replies
Views
Frodo fixed dual tuners tonight, solution should fix it for all release afaik (windows xp problem not MP).
Frodo fixed dual tuners tonight, solution should fix it for all release afaik (windows xp problem not MP).
http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/ENG/Products/DualDigital.aspx Any idea if this will/does work with mediaportal? I can't find it on...
Replies
Views
Just so there is no confusion about what Media Connect can do. It can only stream recorded vidoe and music not live TV. If you want to stream live TV you will need to look at a different product.
Just so there is no confusion about what Media Connect can do. It can only stream recorded vidoe and music not live TV. If you want...
Just wondering if anyone out there has tried running MP along with Microsoft Windows Media Connect 2.0? I've just downloaed it...
Replies
Views
If anyone should be interested in how it ended? I tested the 9250 in an other box at my work. The window bars and icons were wrong. dxdiag Direct3D tests failed. Conlusion -> card broken. I was to lazy to try to get it repaired or replaced. Bought a 9550 instead. Works great! /hellmelt
If anyone should be interested in how it ended? I tested the 9250 in an other box at my work. The window bars and icons were...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.1.3.0 Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP Home SP2 CPU Type: Intel P4 2.0 GHz...
Replies
Views
For some reason, the remote works as expected now. But I would like to know how to get the screen with info about resolution and framerate... But the digits give me channel change, thats good!
For some reason, the remote works as expected now. But I would like to know how to get the screen with info about resolution and...
Hello... I am new to Media Portal, I have installed the MCE Remote to work with MP, I want to know if there is any keymaps...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 nova-t usb DE
Try it--you have nothing to lose.
Try it--you have nothing to lose.
hi all, appologies for the blatant newbie question but i have been plugging away through the forums for an answer but can't find...
Replies
Views
I am using a CVS from a couple of days ago and the channel changes are quicker now - I would say about 2 to 4 seconds.... :)
I am using a CVS from a couple of days ago and the channel changes are quicker now - I would say about 2 to 4 seconds.... :)
Hi Everyone, I bought a Compro DVB-T300 recently and have been amazed that it takes 6 to 8 seconds to change channel when...
Replies
Views
Here is a pic of the kit i got (only for the reciever) No need for girder with this reciever. Just plug it in to a free USB port. No drivers, no hassle. Payed $47 for it @ my local pc store. I noticed that today they changed the deal. They wont let you buy the remote unless you also buy a PC bundled with MCE 2005 on it. I...
Here is a pic of the kit i got (only for the reciever) No need for girder with this reciever. Just plug it in to a free USB...
I have a nice Logitech Harmony 880 remote but I am not able to make it work with MP. Does anyone have any suggestions or maybe...
Replies
Views
You're right. I couldn't get it to work and was wondering if it was possible. But what you said makes sense. Thanks!
You're right. I couldn't get it to work and was wondering if it was possible. But what you said makes sense. Thanks!
This may be a stupid question, but here it goes: My TV Card has a input for standard cable and a S-Video input. I have my digital...
Replies
Views
test to install the drivers the other way, through the hardware manager their install program has proglems with that sometime /BigAl (Sweden, Twinhan Cab-CI)
test to install the drivers the other way, through the hardware manager their install program has proglems with that sometime...
I have problem installing bda drivers, then I run the setup program I get the following error message "No device found! Please...
Replies
Views
If you are going to use a DVB-T card encoding is not necessary. The datastream is already in MPEG2. Only analog cards have MPEG2 coders. If you are going to use an analog card I recomend one with an MPEG2-chip. They are not expensive and the MediaPortal support is much better for these cards. I also live in Sweden and have chosen...
If you are going to use a DVB-T card encoding is not necessary. The datastream is already in MPEG2. Only analog cards have MPEG2...
I have been playing around with MP for a few days now and I like it a lot. Now I want to start using MyTV, so I need a TV-card. My...
Replies
Views
There's a problem with my ISP currently so the relevant files can be download from the following temporary address: http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~netpoint/ As to the links being removed, again despite trying to explain which files should and shouldn't be linked there appears to still be some confusion. *** edit *** The...
There's a problem with my ISP currently so the relevant files can be download from the following temporary address...
Hi all! I pretty much like the functionality the mptray.exe gives to the "Green Button" and it works superbly well with the MCE...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DVB-EPG bug in MP DE
Hi all as I have reported a couple of days ago already, MediaPortal (0.2 CVS) does not recognize DVB-S-EPG for some stations on my computer. As I received no answer on my inquiry, I suspect that most people use WebEPG and have not realized this bug. Therefore, I will go back to TV central or PowerCinema, which both display DVB-EPG...
Hi all as I have reported a couple of days ago already, MediaPortal (0.2 CVS) does not recognize DVB-S-EPG for some stations on...
Hi all as I have reported a couple of days ago already, MediaPortal (0.2 CVS) does not recognize DVB-S-EPG for some stations on...
Replies
Views
I add them manually as well because autotune finds much to many stations. There doesnt seem to be a good sensitivity as medium finds nothing and high finds all stations including that of interstate ones.
I add them manually as well because autotune finds much to many stations. There doesnt seem to be a good sensitivity as medium...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.2.0 RC1 Skin: Windows Version: XP professional SP2 CPU Type: AMD64 3200+ Memory...
Replies
Views
A
Re: woot - it finally works. and that solved my exact same problem, gotta love forums and search function
Re: woot - it finally works. and that solved my exact same problem, gotta love forums and search function
hello there i've just bought an Terratec Cinergy 400 PCI Live TV is fine... picture is there at least.. but i cant get any...
Replies
Views
I just had a look at my recordings. The oldest one is from September 29th and the newest from tonight (December 6th). If I play them in mp I don't see any problem. But when I play them in Media Player 10, Media Player Classic or BSplayer on my mp machine these programs report a resolution of 576 x 576. If I copy a recorded file...
I just had a look at my recordings. The oldest one is from September 29th and the newest from tonight (December 6th). If I play...
Hello, When I record TV in MyTV it gets the wrong size. It is 576x576 and the picture has been cut on the right side. Does...
Replies
Views
If it was a uninstall somewere it would be easy...
If it was a uninstall somewere it would be easy...
What is the easiest way to move from 0.2.0 back to 0.1.3? I've only ever used 0.2.0 but would like to move back to 0.1.3 to see how...
Replies
Views
thx again Flip for saving the day (and the 100$ wintv card ;-) )!! just one last question, do you why they took out the option "VMR9 Zap OSD"? will it ever come back in later builds? id much preffer not to see an OSD when switching channels..but hey its good enough for me know and the wife cant complain (at least i hope she wont...
thx again Flip for saving the day (and the 100$ wintv card ;-) )!! just one last question, do you why they took out the option...
hi Everyone! I just bought a new wintv pvr 150 and installed it. Its working well with MP. The only problem is that i cant seem...
Replies
Views
Hi all My setup: MP 0.2 CVS, DVB-S, Win XP I have a problem with DVB-EPG: for certain stations I just don't get DVB-EPG info although I know that these stations send them. For other stations I get the info right when I switch to that station. What can be the reason that the DVB-EPG data is not shown for specific stations...
Hi all My setup: MP 0.2 CVS, DVB-S, Win XP I have a problem with DVB-EPG: for certain stations I just don't get DVB-EPG info...
Hi all My setup: MP 0.2 CVS, DVB-S, Win XP I have a problem with DVB-EPG: for certain stations I just don't get DVB-EPG info...
Replies
Views
Never had any experience with a v-chip but yes you can block individual channels and groups of channels which can only be viewed by entering a pin code. Individual programs etc though is not a possibility at this stage.
Never had any experience with a v-chip but yes you can block individual channels and groups of channels which can only be viewed by...
Hello, I was thinking about getting a tv tuner card for my kids computer. The only one I could find that has a v-chip/parental...
Replies
Views
i am having the same stuttering problems, and i'm also using the pvr-150. this sucks... i'm gonna download the latest drivers i can find from hauppauge and try them. the video is painfully choppy if i try to do anything while live tv is going (i.e. change channel or bring up the menu)... if there are any other things to try to...
i am having the same stuttering problems, and i'm also using the pvr-150. this sucks... i'm gonna download the latest drivers i...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 - Latest CVS MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
I have seen a few posts by others on this same topic and I think that BigBuddha was successful in getting it all to work with a Dvico card - so you might want to search his posts, or PM him for advice? Also, this comment from me - "there is no way for MP to "find" these channels for you" - may not be quite correct. You should be...
I have seen a few posts by others on this same topic and I think that BigBuddha was successful in getting it all to work with a...
Is there any trick to getting Media portal to find the foxtel stations from foxtel digital setop box?, i have it outputting to the...
Replies
Views
Thanks but I figured out an way to play my dvd movies on my computer with mp.
Thanks but I figured out an way to play my dvd movies on my computer with mp.
Ok, I was wondering is there an way for media portal to read an link (.lnk) file. I wanted to add an link file/shortcut to an dvd...
Replies
Views
Hi, biggest problem is your graphics card! MP renders its GUI like a 3D game by using DirectX9 technologies. I fear your card is far beyond the needed specifications... :? Flip
Hi, biggest problem is your graphics card! MP renders its GUI like a 3D game by using DirectX9 technologies. I fear your card is...
Hi, I've just installed MP on a clean install of WinXP home. My music shows up in MP but won't play (no sound). I can play my...
Replies
Views
Check here for supported TV cards...
Check here for supported TV cards...
hi im using a pc i got of ebay and i was wondering if this tv card would work fine and would the remote work media portal fine or...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 diffrent Language DE
ok, so there are two MP3s encoded within th avi. I've never seen thi myself but I think there was some discussion about this a while ago. When you right click when the movie is playing is there anythig in the context menu about audio languages? If there is nothing there then maybe you can select the language in the audio properties...
ok, so there are two MP3s encoded within th avi. I've never seen thi myself but I think there was some discussion about this a...
Hallo, i have two language in one film, how can i select in mp? Regards Lucascoco
Replies
Views
Well, I can confirm that MP will start up without the message with the SDK installed, and that PVR Scheduler can start a recording with the PC locked. The quality and reliability of said recording are yet to be checked. There has to be a better way than this though - if the SDK was a couple of meg then fair enough, but it's a 219...
Well, I can confirm that MP will start up without the message with the SDK installed, and that PVR Scheduler can start a recording...
Right, I love MediaPortal - it's great work, better than some commercial software I've seen, and works beautifully once it's set...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom