Improvement Suggestions (20 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
A
depends on the skinner. So if someone wants to make this in a skin feel free!! :)
depends on the skinner. So if someone wants to make this in a skin feel free!! :)
I was hoping that the picture thumbnails could be clearer and bigger.....
Replies
Views
I always have to copy the logs into another folder, because I can´t access the program files folder over my network. It would really be nice, if the path for the log files would be customizable, so I could save them at least in a folder where I have access. At the moment, I always have to close MP and copy them to see them on my...
I always have to copy the logs into another folder, because I can´t access the program files folder over my network. It would...
I always have to copy the logs into another folder, because I can´t access the program files folder over my network. It would...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Keyboard Navigation DE
Hi, what about automatic jumping to a file/directory/Name of button when I typing the name on the keyboard. This would be very helpfull with girder in order to program complexer sequences. :P Thanks
Hi, what about automatic jumping to a file/directory/Name of button when I typing the name on the keyboard. This would be very...
Hi, what about automatic jumping to a file/directory/Name of button when I typing the name on the keyboard. This would be very...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 tv show search DE
and a NOW button to see a list of programs whats running now. and IMDB lookup for movies found, could also be done on teh GUIDE ofcourse. Data does not have to be saved, unless you record it.
and a NOW button to see a list of programs whats running now. and IMDB lookup for movies found, could also be done on teh...
Hi to all, I saw a demo of MS MEDIA CENTER this week end and i saw a cool feature. It's possible to search for a type of tv...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 DVD Ripper DE
Don't know if anyone is interested in a DVD ripper, but just been looking at GB-PVR's site for the first time in a while and noticed that someone has written a DVD ripper plugin. You can download the source here: http://www.gbpvr.com/plugins.html Not so interested myself, but thought if someone is intending to write one it...
Don't know if anyone is interested in a DVD ripper, but just been looking at GB-PVR's site for the first time in a while and...
Don't know if anyone is interested in a DVD ripper, but just been looking at GB-PVR's site for the first time in a while and...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 ffdshow presets DE
Does it work on movie file ext. ? *.avi for divx/xvid *.??? for DVD (mpeg2) *.??? for TV-stream (mpeg2) I can't see how to use diff ffdshow settings for TV and DVD. Please explain in more details... thanks alot /gabbe ps other PVR-softwares (Got All Media and GBPVR) can load different ffdshow profiles for DVD, TV, avi. ds
Does it work on movie file ext. ? *.avi for divx/xvid *.??? for DVD (mpeg2) *.??? for TV-stream (mpeg2) I can't see how to...
Hello, thanks for a very good program. I think it would be nice to have the possibillity to use different ffdshow presets...
Replies
Views
A
hi, I use the MP as musicjukebox. I miss a possibility to autostart mp3-playerlists. I thing thats a very usefull feature. What do you thing ? P.S. I know you hear it every day: great programm !!!
hi, I use the MP as musicjukebox. I miss a possibility to autostart mp3-playerlists. I thing thats a very usefull feature. What...
hi, I use the MP as musicjukebox. I miss a possibility to autostart mp3-playerlists. I thing thats a very usefull feature. What...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 Another Top 3 DE
Indeed, go use tho other thread. This one gets locked and deleted later on.
Indeed, go use tho other thread. This one gets locked and deleted later on.
I would like to see the ability for the software to do the following 1. Support the use of Haupauge Win-TV capture card (configure...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Image transitions DE
Allow user to select image transitions for picture slide show.
Replies
Views
Hi triscan, yes that works! Many thanx! :) Flip.
Hi triscan, yes that works! Many thanx! :) Flip.
Since Frodo implemented the recognition of DVDs on harddisk a nice addition would be to be able to PLAY that DVD also, without...
Replies
Views
A
Mediaportal is the only HTPC front-end I'm aware of that, when running fullscreen, forcibly suppresses the Windows Taskbar even when Mediaportal is not in the foreground. - Launching another application from My Programs shows the app, but the taskbar remains hidden at the bottom of the screen - Pressing the Windows key to see...
Mediaportal is the only HTPC front-end I'm aware of that, when running fullscreen, forcibly suppresses the Windows Taskbar even...
Mediaportal is the only HTPC front-end I'm aware of that, when running fullscreen, forcibly suppresses the Windows Taskbar even...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hi Dev team, is it possible to have 2 arrow buttons (one up one down) in home menu for avoiding the scrolling. That would be a workaround till anybody creates a touchscreen skin. I love the mce skin and want to use it but with scrolling I cannot use it with a touchscreen... :-( I have more then 7 menu items enabled now so I need...
Hi Dev team, is it possible to have 2 arrow buttons (one up one down) in home menu for avoiding the scrolling. That would be a...
Hi Dev team, is it possible to have 2 arrow buttons (one up one down) in home menu for avoiding the scrolling. That would be a...
Replies
Views
A
I think your request overlap with the DVD-Movie database plugin, and I think that's in the todo list.
I think your request overlap with the DVD-Movie database plugin, and I think that's in the todo list.
I was over at the IMDb and noticed they have a My Movies service and thought this would be great to integrate this into MP. IMDb's...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 total time DE
Is it possible to get the total time when a movie is stacked as cd1 and cd2 when i open the osd when i play a 2cd movie i only see the time of the first part and it would be nice to se the total time of the movie parts. I just have to say that u are doing a great job with MP i love it. Best regards Mr.White
Is it possible to get the total time when a movie is stacked as cd1 and cd2 when i open the osd when i play a 2cd movie i only...
Is it possible to get the total time when a movie is stacked as cd1 and cd2 when i open the osd when i play a 2cd movie i only...
Replies
Views
A
What about a gasolin-cost-plugin. Ot would be very helpful in germany. :wink: We can get the price over the gas station homepage: Shell http://www.shell-tankstelle.de/14.asp Total http://194.25.42.85/tfed/index.html ..... Or from a page who compares prices like: http://www.spiegel.de/auto/aktuell/0,1518,185826,00.html
What about a gasolin-cost-plugin. Ot would be very helpful in germany. :wink: We can get the price over the gas station...
What about a gasolin-cost-plugin. Ot would be very helpful in germany. :wink: We can get the price over the gas station...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
this is allready in todo.txt
this is allready in todo.txt
Hi everyone, one feature I would really like to see is the ability to scroll through menus and lists with the mouse wheel...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 MPEG-2 recording DE
I'm missing this feature to. For Recording I use WinTVCapStart for now. This Program is a frontend for WinTVCap. WinTVCap is a command line capture tool for the WinTV PVR 250/350 capture cards from Hauppauge. In WinTVCapStart you can select a profile (quality) for recording. There are some predefined in WinTVCap, but it is easy to...
I'm missing this feature to. For Recording I use WinTVCapStart for now. This Program is a frontend for WinTVCap. WinTVCap is a...
Hi to all, it would be very nice, if there is a chance for direct recording im MPEG-2 format with variable bitrates
Replies
Views
A
I think that it is not a bad idea to develop a plugin for Trillian. But Miranda is also good, cause opensource :-)
I think that it is not a bad idea to develop a plugin for Trillian. But Miranda is also good, cause opensource :-)
Hi @ all, is it already planned, to make a feature like a messenger/multi-messenger? I think it will be interesting, to have...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hi, yes I can do it, but afterward a black quadrate is still on the screen. Is it possible to inhibit this quadrate in one of the next versions? Prinz
Hi, yes I can do it, but afterward a black quadrate is still on the screen. Is it possible to inhibit this quadrate in one of...
Hi, I want to use the WMP to play my music files, but I don’t want to have the animation. Is it possible to add a checkbox in...
Replies
Views
A
I know many people who like to see how the stocks are. www.kauforgie.com/htpc/aktie.png What do you think about?
I know many people who like to see how the stocks are. www.kauforgie.com/htpc/aktie.png What do you think about?
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 new SQLite Editor ? DE
Hi developers, there is a new version of the SQLite Editor with more features -like CSV-Export for tables- available. Is it possible to deliver the new version with future builds of MP? I think, it makes it more comfortable to people to save and edit some settings, like the tv- or their radio frequencies tables. Thanks Jens
Hi developers, there is a new version of the SQLite Editor with more features -like CSV-Export for tables- available. Is it...
Hi developers, there is a new version of the SQLite Editor with more features -like CSV-Export for tables- available. Is it...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Adressbook DE
I thought about something like this. You can also use it for the Pizza-Service. :lol:
I thought about something like this. You can also use it for the Pizza-Service. :lol:
What about a Adressbook? With name, phone-number, e-mail, icq, adress, birthsday, a picture of the person, maybe the sign of the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 EPG Timeline DE
That would be very nice. In myHTPC the actual program was in another colour, but in MP it isn´t. Without a line, its sometimes hard to see whats the actual program.
That would be very nice. In myHTPC the actual program was in another colour, but in MP it isn´t. Without a line, its sometimes hard...
Would it be possible to set how many hours are schown at once ? Because, with large fonts i cant c anything
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 FM Tuner DE
more infos... Well, if I want to register a TV card in MediaPortal config, I can choose in the capture card properties the device to use... And in this combo i can read "TV tuner" and "tuner". So I could be nice to have the same option for the FM tuner. Thx develos ! ;)
more infos... Well, if I want to register a TV card in MediaPortal config, I can choose in the capture card properties the device...
Hi all, I owns a DiGiMatrix barbone from ASUS which owns a AM/FM Tuner. The tuner seems to be accessible via standard WDM...
Replies
Views
that would be the icing on the cake!!! i mean they are only xml which is easy to edit but this would definitely be worth the time to make.
that would be the icing on the cake!!! i mean they are only xml which is easy to edit but this would definitely be worth the time...
Ok.. I thin I understand how it works now ;-) But it would be very helpful to have a "debug-Modus" where the changes in XML are...
Replies
Views
A
That could be a really nice plugin.
That could be a really nice plugin.
Hiya, dont know if it has already been discused or not. Im new to media portal, hence first post. Im hoping to develop some plugins...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
You can automount .img, .bin etc. with daemontools by following this guide: http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/faq/faq_entry0053.shtml A good guide that worked for me. I'm reinstalling my machine right so I can't check exactly where, but you also need to add .iso, .img in the configuration of MP.
You can automount .img, .bin etc. with daemontools by following this guide...
Support for .img and .bin files is a need I think, It´s one of the most formats I play, toda GBPVR can play .ISO through some...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Video conference DE
If you can make a videoconference-TV you cal also make a Voice-Over-IP-TV (IP-Telephony) and than I can throw my old telephone away. :lol: I like the idea.
If you can make a videoconference-TV you cal also make a Voice-Over-IP-TV (IP-Telephony) and than I can throw my old telephone...
I just had to come up with SOMETHING that MP can't do ;) j/k But it would be cool if you could integrate it with MSN...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 video playlists DE
So for example you would like to be able to press Y on a movie so it gets added to a playlist (like in MyMusic) and then you would like to be able to switch to the playlist window with F1 (like in MyMusic) and then you want to be able to shuffle of save the playlists? Well if you want all that then it is your lucky day, since all...
So for example you would like to be able to press Y on a movie so it gets added to a playlist (like in MyMusic) and then you would...
anyway to get a video playlist going? for example queue up a bunch of music videos, and let it ride, great for carputers or...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Name That Tune Game DE
(screaming) NOOOOOO! :mrgreen:
(screaming) NOOOOOO! :mrgreen:
Would anyone be able to do this? I saw it on meedio and I just love it and can't stop playing it, so i've actually started to use...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Top Bottom