Improvement Suggestions (114 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
A
MP1 MP2 To-Do list DE
Hi Goosey, The todo list is in the MediaPortal/docs folder under Programs/Team Mediaportal. It contains the todo Frodo has in mind for the app... Keep posting your ideas, though, as they may get into the list, for future development, or someone else may take up the job and create a plugin..
Hi Goosey, The todo list is in the MediaPortal/docs folder under Programs/Team Mediaportal. It contains the todo Frodo has in...
Someone mentioned a to-do list but I can't see it here, is it possible to add a sticky to this forum to perhaps indicate which of...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
We can start one by incorporating Cassini into MP and develop C#.Net web pages that can interact directly with our C# code... What I was planning is to create a new type of plugin: Services. That way we can incorporate Web Server, FTP, WebServices, etc... Something I wanted to coordinate with Frodo!
We can start one by incorporating Cassini into MP and develop C#.Net web pages that can interact directly with our C# code... What...
It would be nice to have a web-interface mostly for viewing the TV-guide and recording stuff, but in the future somewhat like...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Press B on the keyboard. Thats the STOP action. When using a remote pressing stop will work to.
Press B on the keyboard. Thats the STOP action. When using a remote pressing stop will work to.
Damn annoying if trying to view a Slideshow and stuck with a BluBox on the screen. One Damn Fine program..... Many THanx...
Replies
Views
A simple plugin that extends the mshtml dll in much the same way as crazybrowser and other IE wrappers do should be possible.
A simple plugin that extends the mshtml dll in much the same way as crazybrowser and other IE wrappers do should be possible.
Integration of a webbrowser would be fine, once the other things become stable. For beeing able to read ordinary web sites from...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
VideoLan Client already has these features (stream live and pre-recorded material over a network connection - either LAN or WAN). Go visit www.videolan.org Though to be honest it wold be nice if MediaPortal also supported multicast broadcasting - then I could use MediaPortal on the.PC as my back end to broadcast TV to my XBOX out...
VideoLan Client already has these features (stream live and pre-recorded material over a network connection - either LAN or WAN)...
snapstream's beyond tv is a software pvr program which has an awesome feature which allows you to stream live and pre-recorded tv...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
  • Poll
Ask, and ye shall receive... Here it is
Ask, and ye shall receive... Here it is
O.K. This is not really a feature request for the moment. Stability and other feature go in the first line. I am just thinking...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Copy button DE
Hi! Is it possible to have a copy button for my video and my music to copy for exemple all the mp3 in the cd-rom to the my music directory? Thx for your work it's best htpc gui a ever use !
Hi! Is it possible to have a copy button for my video and my music to copy for exemple all the mp3 in the cd-rom to the my music...
Hi! Is it possible to have a copy button for my video and my music to copy for exemple all the mp3 in the cd-rom to the my music...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
I'd like the ability to define an external shortcut within Media Portal so we can exectute external scripts or executables. This way I can use media portal as a true front end ala myHTPC. Another related request would be to the ability to define Topbar functions. For example, I'd like to in the future define the exit top bar to...
I'd like the ability to define an external shortcut within Media Portal so we can exectute external scripts or executables. This...
I'd like the ability to define an external shortcut within Media Portal so we can exectute external scripts or executables. This...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 EPG direct jumping DE
Oh an of course, pressing 1 -x in live TV should directly change the channel! I didn´t see that in the keymaps.
Oh an of course, pressing 1 -x in live TV should directly change the channel! I didn´t see that in the keymaps.
With the keys 1 - x, depending on the number of channels, it would be a nice feature to directly jump to the actual point of this...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Versioning scheme DE
You're right, of course. I was thinking of something lighter for now. Let me use a scenario to explain : some newbie sticks a TV tuner in its PC, grabs the latest-and-greatest mediaportal binary, then comes to this forum saying "nothing works, help". Forum users could then say "well, with your kind of hardware/software, try first...
You're right, of course. I was thinking of something lighter for now. Let me use a scenario to explain : some newbie sticks a...
I *think* it might be good if team mediaportal would adopt a new versioning standard, especially since the code is evolving so...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 News Module (RSS) DE
very nice! keep on going! frodo
very nice! keep on going! frodo
With proper fonts and sizing, (picture import ?) this could really be cool. Importing RSS should be a no brainer I imagine (easy...
Replies
Views
MP is pretty cool, true. I meant all sort of transitions not only fade effects. Maybe I find somewhere a list of transitions. But if you have ACDSee, it gives you an idea of what I mean. Or magix foto on cd. tomtom21000
MP is pretty cool, true. I meant all sort of transitions not only fade effects. Maybe I find somewhere a list of transitions...
Doing slide shows is one of our favourite modules. But my kids allways demand: "Don´t use Mediaportal use this other program."...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 my feature requests DE
realaudio and realvideo cann allready be done. Look in the tips and tricks section on how to get it working. It's just a matter of installing the correct dshow filter. Recording is on the todo list and so is the rss reader
realaudio and realvideo cann allready be done. Look in the tips and tricks section on how to get it working. It's just a matter of...
Hi, Here is my wishlist so far : - RealAudio and RealVideo support - Recording radio-shows (mp3 or ogg) - RSS Reader...
Replies
Views
A
If someone wanted to send me one of these remotes I would be more than happy to drop work on my plugin in order to get this working :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If someone wanted to send me one of these remotes I would be more than happy to drop work on my plugin in order to get this working...
It seems like this is the remote that is most used out there. ..and perhaps even more-so by the less tech inclined. It seems many...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, Not that important, but: My request is that the function of these two buttons in the osd should be changed to navigate to the next / previous file in the music module. Don't know if it is a bit complicated to change that, because the osd is the same as in tv or video module, where the current functionality makes sense...
Hi, Not that important, but: My request is that the function of these two buttons in the osd should be changed to navigate to...
Hi, Not that important, but: My request is that the function of these two buttons in the osd should be changed to navigate to...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 feature / bug DE
The auto search to identify what movie files are what doesn't always work exactly as expected.. for example i have friday the 13th part I - X it found 7 instances of part X it would be nice if it had an interface where you could ok what it thinks the movie is and correct it if it's wrong... sort of like extreme movie manager's...
The auto search to identify what movie files are what doesn't always work exactly as expected.. for example i have friday the 13th...
The auto search to identify what movie files are what doesn't always work exactly as expected.. for example i have friday the 13th...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
i included this in the girder config file i posted a while back!
i included this in the girder config file i posted a while back!
Would be great if MP had the ability to control the volume via the remote control (i.e. map some keys to volume up and down)...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
thanks for the response and sorry for the question. next time i ll read all the file before posting.
thanks for the response and sorry for the question. next time i ll read all the file before posting.
for my video it could be great if it was possible to have multiple folders, and to chose the type of screen organisation for the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
I just told my kids if they touch my new HTPC I will write them out of my will ;)
I just told my kids if they touch my new HTPC I will write them out of my will ;)
i am setting this up for the whole family but i would like to restrict certain movies with adult content from the kids(3 year old...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
No problem about the reply. I have been extremely busy myself. I'm not usually on IRC. I tried to make the last chat, but I never got a time to be there. I PMd you with my IM information. You can IM me whenever you feel like it. Unfortunately, I'm just really busy lately with the job, and will continue to be busy until the end...
No problem about the reply. I have been extremely busy myself. I'm not usually on IRC. I tried to make the last chat, but I...
Just wondering if Media Portl supports external receivers or cable boxes. I have a PVR 250 but I dont' use the internal tuner; I...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
here you can find a dim screensaver to make it look like xbmc ;) http://erorus.arsware.org/alphadim.php or this one, a particle fountain http://sdw.arsware.org/ParticleFountain/ or these, pretty funky http://www.reallyslick.com/
here you can find a dim screensaver to make it look like xbmc ;) http://erorus.arsware.org/alphadim.php or this one, a...
I love the fact that you are using the Mediaplayers visual plugin on the music page. One thing I am ALLWAYS worried about is that...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Internet Radio DE
you looked in the tips&trick section?? Shoutcast is not optimally programmed yet, but .asx streams should do fine.
you looked in the tips&trick section?? Shoutcast is not optimally programmed yet, but .asx streams should do fine.
I don't know if this is possible but if you are not already able to add streams for internet radio stations that would be a great...
Replies
Views
A
I would liket the twinhan 1020a to be supported with channel swtich funcion with the xbox control
I would liket the twinhan 1020a to be supported with channel swtich funcion with the xbox control
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 CD Player? (1 Viewer) DE
Cool! Thanx! :) Will test it tomorrow i think. :)
Cool! Thanx! :) Will test it tomorrow i think. :)
Like in my Movies: In my Music a Button: Eject CD. And another: Play CD. Asking IMDB for informations about musicians and...
Replies
Views
A
to set 1 thing straight. The sourcecode of xbmc and mediaportal is VERY different. It is not easy to copy one feature to another.. now that thats straight, you will be able to set views on each window seperately and it will remember it. This is allready in the todo.txt
to set 1 thing straight. The sourcecode of xbmc and mediaportal is VERY different. It is not easy to copy one feature to...
Can you please add this feature from XBMC to Media Portal. The following is taken from XBMC's bugs.txt: 09-04-2004 added: my...
Replies
Views
A
oh ok sorry, i did look, must have missed it
oh ok sorry, i did look, must have missed it
Scroll mouse button support would be really nice; I find the scroll bars on the side, hard for navigating big music collections.
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
it would be nice to just disable that message window and just have mp not to start another instance. i launch mp from a remote, if key is a bit sticky or my thumb a bit too heavy, i get like 5 message boxes on screen .... :lol: if mp is crashed in background, that might be an issue however... and yes, girder can easily be...
it would be nice to just disable that message window and just have mp not to start another instance. i launch mp from a remote, if...
it would be nice to just disable that message window and just have mp not to start another instance. i launch mp from a remote, if...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 Save Display Choice DE
Could you make Media Portal save which Display Adapter I picked? It's tiring to go to the options and select the right adapter each and every time I start up the program. Thanks.
Could you make Media Portal save which Display Adapter I picked? It's tiring to go to the options and select the right adapter...
Could you make Media Portal save which Display Adapter I picked? It's tiring to go to the options and select the right adapter...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
RFE: DVB-S / DVB-T (DTV / Digital TV ) input support (via PCI adapters) built-into Media Portal. Here's a few links to possible usefull open source projects (inc. dev specs, samples, etc.): The DVB Project (DTV Standard. Contains Specifications, White Papers + more): http://www.dvb.org/ VideoLAN (VLC 0.7.2 just been announced...
RFE: DVB-S / DVB-T (DTV / Digital TV ) input support (via PCI adapters) built-into Media Portal. Here's a few links to possible...
RFE: DVB-S / DVB-T (DTV / Digital TV ) input support (via PCI adapters) built-into Media Portal. Here's a few links to possible...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 logoff button DE
You already have a shutdown and reboot button. I would like to have a logoff button as well. Thanks.
You already have a shutdown and reboot button. I would like to have a logoff button as well. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Top Bottom