Installation, configuration support (41 Viewers)

Having trouble installing or configuring MediaPortal?
Tried the latest svn and problem remains. Thanks anyway. As suggested by Paranoid Delusion, I'll use Blue Two and see what'd happen. Per FlipGer, I did see in the log that the failure has somoething to do with VMR9. I'll fina a newer PC and try R3 on it. Thanks to you all.
Tried the latest svn and problem remains. Thanks anyway. As suggested by Paranoid Delusion, I'll use Blue Two and see what'd...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC3 (2006-03-1Cool MediaPortal Skin: MetalMedia Windows Version: Windows...
Replies
Views
have you resolved this problem? I am experiencing exactly the same things. Please let me know.
have you resolved this problem? I am experiencing exactly the same things. Please let me know.
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
IMPORTANT Delete old MEDIAPORTAL folder contents, if left can corrupt newer updates. Sorry is a pain to start afresh, but sometimes the only way. Best Wishes 8)
IMPORTANT Delete old MEDIAPORTAL folder contents, if left can corrupt newer updates. Sorry is a pain to start afresh, but...
When doing the SVN update i copy files over, click Start.bat which runs fine. Go to click configure and i get the following error...
Replies
Views
And I have an other sound problem: when xmltv loaded, or just watch tv, then sound not synchronized with video. Why? I tried many sound and video render, but nothing... :(
And I have an other sound problem: when xmltv loaded, or just watch tv, then sound not synchronized with video. Why? I tried many...
Dear developer! I not found sound mode in TV-card setting. I have Pinnacle PCTV 310i, this have internal sound through PCI to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 channel problem DE
Dear developer! I have problem with channel settings. These my problems: - I have PCTV 310i card. When search analog channels, then all is ok. - I use for xmltv grabbing TVxB. I generated tvguide.xml, it's ok. I setup this file to MediaPortal configuration. - Channels from tvguide.xml imported to channel list??? Because I renamed...
Dear developer! I have problem with channel settings. These my problems: - I have PCTV 310i card. When search analog channels...
Dear developer! I have problem with channel settings. These my problems: - I have PCTV 310i card. When search analog channels...
Replies
Views
Hi quebig http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml This is the xvid decoder i use and touch wood never had a complaint. Full install and uninstall compliant so if you do not like, uninstall. Good testing 8)
Hi quebig http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml This is the xvid decoder i use and touch wood never had a complaint. Full install...
Yes, got a new reinstalled shuttle with media portal on, now i need some codecs. Which codecs should i download to not get that...
Replies
Views
Madeleine Can you use RC3 with svn build from today (lots of fixes). So uninstall what you have and reinstall, preferably deleting the old mediaportal folder with any retained settings. Sorry asking you to do that but old settings do not always work with newer versions and cause more headaches than you can imagine. Also try and use...
Madeleine Can you use RC3 with svn build from today (lots of fixes). So uninstall what you have and reinstall, preferably...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: XP Professional version 2002 Service pack 2...
Replies
Views
I got a twin head and therefore 2 lnbs, one for Hotbird, the other for Astra. With the WDM driver and the TT app or ProgDvb, everything works fine, i can watch channels from both sats however once i switch to the BDA drivers, i cant seem to watch Astra channels anymore. Tried pretty much everything in MP without success...
I got a twin head and therefore 2 lnbs, one for Hotbird, the other for Astra. With the WDM driver and the TT app or ProgDvb...
I got a twin head and therefore 2 lnbs, one for Hotbird, the other for Astra. With the WDM driver and the TT app or ProgDvb...
Replies
Views
Hi lomo2002 Also MP does not support Divx as a TV encoder. Try setting everything at there defaults and get working the best with those settings before tinkering under the bonnet. 8)
Hi lomo2002 Also MP does not support Divx as a TV encoder. Try setting everything at there defaults and get working the best...
hej guys, Area: Media Portal RC3 / default skin MP Version: 2 RC3 Skin: default Windows Version: Windows XP SP2 CPU Type...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 AverMedia M150 DE
Hi All, My Card an AverMedia M150 was working, all be it buggy, in RC2. However it is says No card installed when i try yo set up RC3. I know software cards are not supported anymore, but it is my understanding that this is a hardware card. Anybody using this card in RC3? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
Hi All, My Card an AverMedia M150 was working, all be it buggy, in RC2. However it is says No card installed when i try yo...
Hi All, My Card an AverMedia M150 was working, all be it buggy, in RC2. However it is says No card installed when i try yo...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Viewing TV Problems DE
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC3 (2006-03-18) MediaPortal Skin: MCE Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Memory: 2 GB Motherboard...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC3 (2006-03-18) MediaPortal Skin: MCE Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC3 (2006-03-18) MediaPortal Skin: MCE Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC3 (2006-03-18) MediaPortal Skin: MetalMedia Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.00GHz Memory: 1 GB...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC3 (2006-03-18) MediaPortal Skin: MetalMedia Windows Version: Windows...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC3 (2006-03-18) MediaPortal Skin: MetalMedia Windows Version: Windows...
Replies
Views
Hey NightmareRambo77, I managed to get this setup to work in MP 0.1.3 with an Ultraview HDTV Plus - this is supposed to be identical to the Divco Fusion Plus . If you have lost your ability to select the software encoding cards have you tried grabbing the "general SW encoding card" section from the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml of 0.1.3...
Hey NightmareRambo77, I managed to get this setup to work in MP 0.1.3 with an Ultraview HDTV Plus - this is supposed to be...
Has anyone successfully got this to work so they can watch Foxtel in Media portal?, i have a Fusion dvb-t plus card and i think my...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 autotune problem DE
I dont know if it has been fixed in the new version or not.. i was playing around with previos version (.18 i beleive ).. when you scan the channels it does not give you the correct pid's ( video and auido packet id ) for a channel... then when it tries to validate a channel it fails and hence it does not add the channel to the...
I dont know if it has been fixed in the new version or not.. i was playing around with previos version (.18 i beleive ).. when you...
hello, i installed the latest cvs built from 3.oct and tried to use the new autotune feature... the problem is: the channels...
Replies
Views
Hi, if you want to keep settings, just uninstall the old version. The "Team Media Portal" folder will be kept, holding all databases and xml configurations. If you now install the new version, only changed files will be overwritten. You have to run Configure after install, do not directly run MP! Attention: This will work in...
Hi, if you want to keep settings, just uninstall the old version. The "Team Media Portal" folder will be kept, holding all...
I have RC2 with CVS updates. Over time I made about a million changes in Configuration to get my setup working properly. If I need...
Replies
Views
Me too I have a similar probably, but using MSI MEGASKY 580 USB DVB-T tuner. Black box & no audio using MyTV. I've tried all sorts of codec combinations, to no avail, but it plays DVD OK. Also, I don't appear to have any VMR9 or Overlay options that everyone keeps mentioning. My setup is an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe with an Athlon XP...
Me too I have a similar probably, but using MSI MEGASKY 580 USB DVB-T tuner. Black box & no audio using MyTV. I've tried all sorts...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC3 (2006-03-18) MediaPortal Skin: Razor Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
A
I gave up and reinstalled windows :roll:
I gave up and reinstalled windows :roll:
I'm trying to install Medaiportal for the first time (no previous installs). The installer starts, then gives this message: The...
2 3
Replies
Views
I am experiencing similar problems that Tommy is, my situation is somewhat different tho.. Whereas Tommy was using RC2 i'm using RC3, we both have the same tv card tho. I have been using RC2 for about a month or so and it was working fine, when I saw that the new RC3 was available I wanted to give that a try instead tho obviously...
I am experiencing similar problems that Tommy is, my situation is somewhat different tho.. Whereas Tommy was using RC2 i'm using...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-02-08) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I tried to install RC3. First I installed v0.1.3 and then RC3. The installation went ok, but when I run the application for the first time I get the following message (from the .NOT Framework): ************** Tekst van uitzondering ************** System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van...
Hi, I tried to install RC3. First I installed v0.1.3 and then RC3. The installation went ok, but when I run the application for...
Hi, I tried to install RC3. First I installed v0.1.3 and then RC3. The installation went ok, but when I run the application for...
Replies
Views
Thanks. I guess I didn't realize that I needed to go to the mediaportal home page, click WIKI and then click the link labelled "Old Outdated Wiki". That was just what I was looking for
Thanks. I guess I didn't realize that I needed to go to the mediaportal home page, click WIKI and then click the link labelled "Old...
I'm reinstalling from scratch and can't find the installation instructions on the web site. Can anyone give me a link?
Replies
Views
Hi I am having trouble getting MP to recognise the card properly. If I install with the WDM drivers then the Wintv app finds chanels fine. In the setup for MP, the card is not recognised as a DVB-S card at all. If I remove the drivers and install the DBA drivers then it is still not recognized as a DVB-S card I am sure...
Hi I am having trouble getting MP to recognise the card properly. If I install with the WDM drivers then the Wintv app finds...
Hi I am having trouble getting MP to recognise the card properly. If I install with the WDM drivers then the Wintv app finds...
Replies
Views
Have you tried RC3? Your problem may have been fixed.
Have you tried RC3? Your problem may have been fixed.
Hello, I have the latest RC2 prerelease of mediaportal installed on XP pro on a Shuttle 85SN with AMD Athlon processor. When I try...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 .net framework DE
You need both .NET 2.0 and 1.1 installed as I recall. One would *think* 2.0 included 1.1... :roll: Under setup->TV, you should be able to get to the listing of current channels. Just select it and click delete.
You need both .NET 2.0 and 1.1 installed as I recall. One would *think* 2.0 included 1.1... :roll: Under setup->TV, you should...
hi guys very cool program you have here. i have searched and found nothing. tired to install one of the stable editions. i...
Replies
Views
thanx hey kucksta_downunder Thanx for the tips. Uninstalled .NET 2.0. Installed .NET 1.1 and 1.1 SP1. Reinstalled .NET 2.0 and MP and everything works :P . Should be added as installation instruction for all users with a clean 64bit installation.
thanx hey kucksta_downunder Thanx for the tips. Uninstalled .NET 2.0. Installed .NET 1.1 and 1.1 SP1. Reinstalled .NET 2.0 and...
Have all the necessary items. Get following message when trying to install: This setup requires .NET framework version...
Replies
Views
I ended up trying all different frequencies and found one quite a bit higher than the published freq for 9 was closer to the middle of the working range. Odd.
I ended up trying all different frequencies and found one quite a bit higher than the published freq for 9 was closer to the middle...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
No point using the MCE drivers for your video card as they usually a fair bit behind the normal XP ones (MCE nvidia drivers are just that, XP drivers + MCE extensions). Any hauppauge products you can use the MCE drivers (as MCE is just XP Home + the MCE app).
No point using the MCE drivers for your video card as they usually a fair bit behind the normal XP ones (MCE nvidia drivers are...
I am running Media Portal on a regular WindowsXP Pro machine. Should I use MCE drivers for my Graphics card, motherboard...
Replies
Views
Is it free to air sat or is it a pay to view service? Might have to google whether it can be decoded by a sat card or not...
Is it free to air sat or is it a pay to view service? Might have to google whether it can be decoded by a sat card or not...
If I'm using a receiver for my surruound sound, can I just keep the optical cable from my sat. box to my receiver hooked up and use...
Replies
Views
You should create a new post in the right subforum: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewforum.php?f=16 Make a detailed post where state what the name is of your card. How you got it working i.e. descripe the changes you have made to your capturecard xml file. Also add a link to this thread to make things clear.
You should create a new post in the right subforum: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewforum.php?f=16 Make a detailed...
Hi, installed RC2 and MP found 4 cards (although none were correctly identified), updated with CVS to current version and it now...
Replies
Views
The latest CVS did the trick! Thanks for the replies, I installed the latest CVs (mediaportal-cvs-03-15-2006--01-06.rar) and it seems to have done the trick--the display seems to be working properly. Now I just have to figure out what's changed. ;-) Thanks again.
The latest CVS did the trick! Thanks for the replies, I installed the latest CVs (mediaportal-cvs-03-15-2006--01-06.rar) and it...
Area: Installation Support MP Version: 0.2 Skin: Blue Two Windows Version: XP Pro SP2 CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2200+ Memory...
Replies
Views
A
MP RC2 is a Directx 9 program, that's why to get the full benefits you do need the minimum hardware specifications. 1.3 is a lot more forgiving and would recommend it to anyone who cannot get RC2 and a software card working together, but do not expect the latest features.
MP RC2 is a Directx 9 program, that's why to get the full benefits you do need the minimum hardware specifications. 1.3 is a lot...
Ok, I cant seem to figure it out. Just like the other posts that discuss startup issues, I get as far as "initializing directx"...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom