MediaPortal 1 Talk (105 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Well since I still have to use SageTV for ATSC PVR duties, I like the fact that there is a MP skin for it since the Sage Default skin is absolute crap. Until I can move to MP exclusively, the MP based theme helps reduce the "sting" of using SageTV. MCE 2005 has a lot of problems. SageTV has a lot of problems. MP has a lot of...
Well since I still have to use SageTV for ATSC PVR duties, I like the fact that there is a MP skin for it since the Sage Default...
I was reading a review about sageTV over at HTPCnews and saw this page. http://htpcnews.com/main.php?id=sagetv4_10 The skin...
Replies
Views
Has this german commercial site stolen images from the Blue Two skin??? http://www.bogobox.net/software.php
Has this german commercial site stolen images from the Blue Two skin??? http://www.bogobox.net/software.php
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 When ? DE
two things to esperado: - your english is VERY good! - I agree not to all what you say but to: "first 100% stability to the core - then gadgets and luxury functions"! Hopefully you read that, before you leave the "MP religion" :wink: (why don't you stay here and help the devs if you are an experienced video developper???)...
two things to esperado: - your english is VERY good! - I agree not to all what you say but to: "first 100% stability to the...
do you think it will be possible to have a "working" version of media portal ? I mean a solid version for tnt. (Even with less...
Replies
Views
I am NOT going to speak for the DEV's but from what I can tell everything until then is going to be bug fix. Nothing really new is going to be added. They are going to be cleaning up the code and making sure that the product is ROCK solid.
I am NOT going to speak for the DEV's but from what I can tell everything until then is going to be bug fix. Nothing really new...
Hi all, Read about the release plan for 18th march ... Would be interesting to know what is planned to get done until then...
Replies
Views
I must agree with STSC Until the TV bugs are sorted the OVERWHELMING improvements are getting unfortunately diminished. The improvements i have seen since finding MP over a year ago are amazing, Thanks again to Frodo and the rest of the Gang. As a engineer, I know perfection is not lightly achieved. 8)
I must agree with STSC Until the TV bugs are sorted the OVERWHELMING improvements are getting unfortunately diminished. The...
To all MP people: Thanks! I have been using MP since 0.0.10 or something like that. But it has not been until installing 0.2 RC2...
Replies
Views
One I am able to see the pictures, to see what you are talking about... I will give this a TRY!
One I am able to see the pictures, to see what you are talking about... I will give this a TRY!
Tools Needed : Video LAN media player A TV TUNER card SETTING UP YOUR CRAP ON THE COMPUTER WITH THE TV TUNER Download...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Asus TV-7135 DE
Its a software card so providing the card comes with its own mpeg2 encoders you can get support added. If it doesnt then Im afraid your out of luck. I suggest you have a look in the how to get support for my software tv card in Hardware Support forum.
Its a software card so providing the card comes with its own mpeg2 encoders you can get support added. If it doesnt then Im afraid...
I have just laid my hands on a Packard-Bell Asus TV-7135 TV Tuner card, and was wondering if MediaPortal will work with this card...
Replies
Views
I remember reading in another thread that was the case. They needed developer information that ATI wouldnt hand out so the 'extra features' the card sported were only usable in ati's own application. You might want to browse the forums a little more and read up on it.
I remember reading in another thread that was the case. They needed developer information that ATI wouldnt hand out so the 'extra...
Is it possible to use my Theatre 550 card to display a TV image without the visible MPEG2 compression artefacts in it? The Theatre...
Replies
Views
Before anyone just cut it down to bandwidth... This is not the main problem, just one point. The other reasons infinityloop mentioned are much more important. I dont want to have it too easy for newbies cause they should think and read before grabbing anything that looks like a *CVS*.rar. Its not you that get the complains when...
Before anyone just cut it down to bandwidth... This is not the main problem, just one point. The other reasons infinityloop...
I made this little programm, wich automatically downloads the latest CVS-release. it kills MediaPortal, downloads the latest...
Replies
Views
anyone have a 310e ? i have problem for the analog part of the card
anyone have a 310e ? i have problem for the analog part of the card
I try this in bugs forum, but anyone answer me. Area: BUGS MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-02-19) MediaPortal Skin...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Great Work! DE
Since my last post, I did not have any errors or crashes with my TV (with an exception of a few crashes due to no space left on my HD - all these recordings take space :shock: ) I love MP!!!! Awesome work, team!
Since my last post, I did not have any errors or crashes with my TV (with an exception of a few crashes due to no space left on my...
I found Mediaportal last summer, however was not heavily using it since MP had some stability issues (and I was too lazy to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Cebit DE
has anyone, who has already been there seen anything very interesting? or some good things you can get for free anywhere?
has anyone, who has already been there seen anything very interesting? or some good things you can get for free anywhere?
Who of you will be going to the cebit? maybe we could meet some other people there wich we only know from the forums. i will...
Replies
Views
It is a configuration item in your video card driver application (for example, Catalyst Control Centre if you have an ATI card). But, try exclusive DirectX mode first, as I believe it does the same thing....
It is a configuration item in your video card driver application (for example, Catalyst Control Centre if you have an ATI card)...
is there anyone out there that can help me with the following. I watch a lot of movies with MP, especially DIVX and XVID. it...
Replies
Views
Nothing new. If you do a search for "ebay" on the forums, you'll find various other threads.
Nothing new. If you do a search for "ebay" on the forums, you'll find various other threads.
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Media-Portal-Multi-Media-Center-2005-For-Windows-XP_W0QQitemZ7220338213QQcategoryZ41888QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem...
Replies
Views
Hi Ronilse.... Thanks... :D
Hi Ronilse.... Thanks... :D
Hi there. I would like to costumize my XP a bit, and i have seen the fine looking MP bootskins, but it seems that there is a...
Replies
Views
You will need to login again. The domain name changed and that caused the cookie on your PC to not match.. See this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=11605 Mike
You will need to login again. The domain name changed and that caused the cookie on your PC to not match.. See this post...
Normally there are 4 selections View posts since last visit Your posts View unanswered posts mark all posts as read. Today...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Great Work Frodo ! DE
ok thanks for the information ! I certainly changed something else that makes it changes faster :) (i recently installed new TV card drivers, but I only see the speed up now...) Thanks anyway for this great tuning.
ok thanks for the information ! I certainly changed something else that makes it changes faster :) (i recently installed new...
I installed new CVS after reading this : On 17/02/2006 [08:19:47] _Frodo added the following change: added partial...
Replies
Views
I got this working by removing the MediaPortal folder and reinstalling everything.
I got this working by removing the MediaPortal folder and reinstalling everything.
I installed the RC2 version some time ago and don't get it working wit my TV card (Pinnacle 300i DVBT). The 0.1.3 version worked...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 A Big Thank You DE
/me run around making the mexican wave! Whooooeee we have a great software! Thanx to all devs and forum supporters! /Niclas
/me run around making the mexican wave! Whooooeee we have a great software! Thanx to all devs and forum supporters! /Niclas
I just setup MediaPortal and I must say that it works just the way I was hoping it would. I love the configurability compared...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Hi to all! DE
I second that and welcome to the MP community!
I second that and welcome to the MP community!
Hi to all, I'm a new user just registered few minutes ago, when I discovered this fantastic MediaCenter portal for my new PC. I'm...
Replies
Views
yeah SiLenTYL, i'm in the same sort of situation, i was running Windows x64 and everything was sweet and the dvico x64bit version was running well, just couldn't get MP to get the tv working for some reason. I found even tho Mediaportal.exe was running in the 32bit service it just seemed to run better in general, thats why i was keen...
yeah SiLenTYL, i'm in the same sort of situation, i was running Windows x64 and everything was sweet and the dvico x64bit version...
Can any of the devs comment on if there is some kind of plans to get a version of Media portal out down the track that will work on...
Replies
Views
yes yes (preferable webepg, if you use analog tv) no (but we're working on it :wink:)
yes yes (preferable webepg, if you use analog tv) no (but we're working on it :wink:)
Hello there, I have built up a HTPC system with the following parts: 2.8 P4 CPU 1 Gb Ram 120 GB HDD DVD Writer built in...
Replies
Views
Registration works The error it´s a mail problem tath I gone solve on monday so just registrat you acount Cheers
Registration works The error it´s a mail problem tath I gone solve on monday so just registrat you acount Cheers
Have started a HTPC forum Realared for sweden, denmark and norway user.. This for collecting links, hardware and other usefull...
Replies
Views
Read this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=9737&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=transponder Seems that it does what you suggest Greetz, Ben
Read this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=9737&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=transponder Seems...
I was just reading the news about the FloppyDTV: From this i gather that normally DVB cards(like for example my Twinhan Cab CI...
Replies
Views
That's a current bug that hopefully will be fixed soon. When MP is being minimized to the tray, it tends to not being able to be shut down correctly or not at all. Solution for now: Don't minimize it to the tray.
That's a current bug that hopefully will be fixed soon. When MP is being minimized to the tray, it tends to not being able to be...
Hi New to Media Portal I have been very happy with they install and config but found one small bug. When I Close Media...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CPU usage Your view DE
Similar on an XP2000+ (dedicated HTPC), Ive only got McAffee Virusscan, VNC, MBM and the ultraview remotecontrol agent running in the background. About 10-15% idle, 30-40% during SD liveTV with Timeshifting enabled, and anything between 60-85% when watching HD. Using Nvidia PureVideo Codecs.
Similar on an XP2000+ (dedicated HTPC), Ive only got McAffee Virusscan, VNC, MBM and the ultraview remotecontrol agent running in...
Just out of curiosity and having taking some previous readings a thought crossed my mind regarding what kind of CPU demands...
Replies
Views
Tv problem solved.
Tv problem solved.
hi, I'm using a geforce 5200 (latest drivers) in clone mode, the tv is hooked up through a composite signal. I'm using MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
Well, i finally bought a Microsoft MCE remote. No need for a RF-remote, the IR beam on the Microsoft is incredibly strong and wide, the receiver is to the right of me and when i point the remote to the tv on the other side of the room to the left (or anywhere else) the signal bounces of the (white) walls never missing a beat. :)
Well, i finally bought a Microsoft MCE remote. No need for a RF-remote, the IR beam on the Microsoft is incredibly strong and...
Hi, Are there any bluetooth remote controls? :?:
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Hauppauge Cards DE
In case anyone wants to read a bit. http://www.microsoft.com/tv/IPTVEdition.mspx
In case anyone wants to read a bit. http://www.microsoft.com/tv/IPTVEdition.mspx
Hi All One Minute rant, are we getting a kickback from above cards i can understand from a analogue point of view but surely THE...
Replies
Views
Ive tried this a couple of times and thought it a neat feature, but Im displaying a 16:9 HDTV picture on a 4:3 CRT. Normally when watching TV, I have the A/R in normal, and the picture displays with the black letterbox bars on top and bottom of the screen. When I 'push the middle button' (what is this function called anyway? ;) )...
Ive tried this a couple of times and thought it a neat feature, but Im displaying a 16:9 HDTV picture on a 4:3 CRT. Normally when...
perhaps it's just my ignorance, but I found a lot of screenshots of MP with the television in the background (full screen) and the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom