Plugin Development (17 Viewers)

Use this forum if you are working on a plugin and need help, or want to showcase your work.
I think (but am not 100% sure ;)) this is wrong: removable media is added to "Browse Media" section on the fly, without importing them into database. But there is an issue with the kind of detection, what primary "media type" the disc contains: it scans all files on it, not only a few, to detect if it is primary audio, video or image...
I think (but am not 100% sure ;)) this is wrong: removable media is added to "Browse Media" section on the fly, without importing...
While I chomp at the bit waiting to get my hands on the new SQLite code (Sorry MJGraf, I could not resist), I did some testing of...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your help here. I have not done yet any further steps, but figured out that the original plugin does work if you let run it long enough. It looks like the issue is only somehow related with the force import button or if there is no new time stamp on the input file available. So far i am happy to got some programs imported...
Thanks for your help here. I have not done yet any further steps, but figured out that the original plugin does work if you let run...
Did anyone get the xmltv native Tv server plugin to work? I can map the channels on the second tab correctly (using mcm2xml), but...
Replies
Views
gibman, a big thanks to your response, which was the key for me. I am starting to understand the method now and just completed my first general SQL query on a program search with the ObjectContext.ExecuteStoreQuery. I am also able to delete settings and list all settings, so this was really a breakthrough. Still a lot of work ahead...
gibman, a big thanks to your response, which was the key for me. I am starting to understand the method now and just completed my...
I do ask for help on how to do native sql queries from a TVE35 plugin. With the old TV server in MP1 I could do a native SQL query...
Replies
Views
I have been doing some system analysis testing to find out the impact of the server and then server / client and server /client / media scan. Background: Windows 7 Ultimate. 16G of Ram with a 6G Preconfigured RamDrive. All drivers for hardware updated. All windows service packs installed. Verified C: (SSD) speed and f: (Raid5 SATA)...
I have been doing some system analysis testing to find out the impact of the server and then server / client and server /client /...
I have been doing some system analysis testing to find out the impact of the server and then server / client and server /client /...
Replies
Views
BorderThickness is defined in MPF as a single double number. So no this is not possible.
BorderThickness is defined in MPF as a single double number. So no this is not possible.
I'm trying to draw a border using MPF. It works fine until I try to define each side separately. In WPF all sides equal would be...
Replies
Views
Thread moved to public forum. Please note that the status of this thread is "Not open for further replies", which actually means team-members and plugin devs can reply, but others can not, hence it is "read only".
Thread moved to public forum. Please note that the status of this thread is "Not open for further replies", which actually means...
Dear community, I started this thread some time ago in the internal team forums, but we think it is time to share it with you. It...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 News Plugin (Rss, Atom) (1 Viewer) DE
Done as you requested my master :D
Done as you requested my master :D
The plugin has been fully integrated into MP2. For bug reports or feature requests please create a new thread in the appropriate...
Replies
Views
While I totally agree with Lehmden's original post/point about accessing local fanart, I think it is equally important to establish a standard for all plugins to use. One of the things that drives me crazy in MP1 is every plugin downloading the same fanart images over and over ;) think about OnlineVideos Trailers, Showtimes, Trakt...
While I totally agree with Lehmden's original post/point about accessing local fanart, I think it is equally important to establish...
MP2 already supports online sources to download information about movies and series, along with fanart images. We also have a...
Replies
Views
yep, not linear, but atleast every 20% or similar. If keeping the current single "path" and xaml code for intended style (filling within bounds only) is correct, but displayed wrong, then it's a skin engine bug that should be added to JIRA.
yep, not linear, but atleast every 20% or similar. If keeping the current single "path" and xaml code for intended style (filling...
I am currently the WiFi plugin using my custom build https://github.com/chefkoch/MediaPortal-2/commits/CustomBuilds/130712 And I...
Replies
Views
We already have different kind of players that support either audio only or video. In your case a "audio only" directshow player would be best, I think. We did the same in the MediaSite plugin, so take a look there as reference: Created an own ResourceProvider (that is able to access streams) Created a player that uses LAV splitter...
We already have different kind of players that support either audio only or video. In your case a "audio only" directshow player...
I come from germany and can no Chinese. And sorry, but my English is only slightly better. :oops: I have said morpheus_xx, I...
Replies
Views
No, IRTrans is not support within MP2 directly, but in case you are able to get it working using IRSS, you can immediately use it with MP2 as well, because MP2 has an IRInputPlugin for connecting to IRSS. For any IRSS related support see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/ir-server-suite-irss.165/ , please.
No, IRTrans is not support within MP2 directly, but in case you are able to get it working using IRSS, you can immediately use it...
Here we finally have the long time requested Microsoft MCE Remote support build into MP2 without any additional tools, software...
Replies
Views
I'm not sure if "reading" is the only thing that needs to be done. Please check this wiki page for details about the resource lookup inside MP2: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/8_Contribute/Skin_Design#Resource_lookup_chain We need to check if we can use the SkinEngine directly inside your designer, so we can depend...
I'm not sure if "reading" is the only thing that needs to be done. Please check this wiki page for details about the resource...
Is there a definition available wich XAML Elements are possible and wich ones not? Maybe I've time to make a Little XAML Editor...
Replies
Views
Fixed the "Presenter Image" bug.
Fixed the "Presenter Image" bug.
After speaking with Morpheus, he suggested that I post this here. I am currently working on building a plugin for MP2 that is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TvExperience Plugin DE
I have never enjoyed the XBMC UI either I came to MP first and nothing else seems as good but I have tried it a few times simply because I would love a feature like Pseudo TV. It would massively improve my Media Portal experience. I am often indecisive about what to watch because I have so much choice and I reckon the option to reduce...
I have never enjoyed the XBMC UI either I came to MP first and nothing else seems as good but I have tried it a few times simply...
Once we're done with the Mediasite Plugin, I was thinking of building a plugin that was missing from all the other HTPC packages...
Replies
Views
I added the information to the wiki: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/Contribute/Development/2_Git/Forking_MP2 This thread can be used for feedback or questions regarding the process or the wiki page.
I added the information to the wiki: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/Contribute/Development/2_Git/Forking_MP2...
Having some trouble figuring that part out (new to git). When I try and check out the 'dev' branch, it returns a not found error...
Replies
Views
The only reason I have it in the WeatherModel also is for the first time triggering. I guess the other way to do it would be automatically navigate to the setup screen if no settings are defined. Also thanks for the help.
The only reason I have it in the WeatherModel also is for the first time triggering. I guess the other way to do it would be...
I'm having a little trouble. I want to call a method after the Screen has fully loaded. Reason been I'm going to call var...
Replies
Views
You see, first of all it's good to that you have a vision where you would like to go and I guess many users and even team members had it within the past years. But at some point you need to split it up into small chunks, which actually can be handled within a reasonable timeframe and of course someone in the end has to do it. MP2 is...
You see, first of all it's good to that you have a vision where you would like to go and I guess many users and even team members...
I'm not sure if this is the best spot for this or if it makes more sense in "Feature Requests". Background: I want to create a...
Replies
Views
Ok to finish this thread and add latest information: The ShutdownManager has been implemented as a plugin called: "SystemStateMenu" For documentation take a look at the wiki page: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/Reference/SystemStateMenu There are also links included to the source code and other related components...
Ok to finish this thread and add latest information: The ShutdownManager has been implemented as a plugin called...
Hi, I am missing an essential feature in MP2: I want to choose different power actions from a menu to shutdown the pc, supend or...
Replies
Views
Thanks Morpheus! Well, seems like Albert already thought about registering MIAs: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/tree/master/MediaPortal/Source/Core/MediaPortal.Common/PluginItemBuilders That means in theory MIAs can be built via plugin.xml - I just don't know when and how they are registered with the MediaLibrary...
Thanks Morpheus! Well, seems like Albert already thought about registering MIAs...
Sanity check here... I must be missing something. Ok, so I have a plugin which needs to register a new aspect so I can store...
Replies
Views
I did another minor update and included the source code for a small program to fill an incomplete MP2 language file with the missing strings from a golden resource. In the TvWishList Transifex Posting you can see an example for how to use these little programs to download the langugae files from transifex, convert into MP1 or MP2...
I did another minor update and included the source code for a small program to fill an incomplete MP2 language file with the...
I have written a simple language converter which you can use to translate language files between MP1 and MP2. I originally used it...
Replies
Views
I am directly calling the savesettings function when the plugin screen is left in the model. I will change that and use the message handler. Thanks!
I am directly calling the savesettings function when the plugin screen is left in the model. I will change that and use the message...
Update: The language files are not working for the summer release I started to write my first plugin and got excited about MP2...
Replies
Views
Sorry my fault. Opened a second thread for this... It's going on here.
Sorry my fault. Opened a second thread for this... It's going on here.
Hi guys, cloned the newest version of MP2 from GIT and wanted to start my development on the NFO Metadata Extractor but I've got...
Replies
Views
Ok. It's even stranger than I thought. I copied my workspace into the Programfiles folder and compiled it again. It even doesn't work there. It only works when I take the bin/.../debug folder and put it directly into my ProgramFiles (x86) or my ProgramFiles (x86)/team mediaportal folder... Perhaps it has something to do with the...
Ok. It's even stranger than I thought. I copied my workspace into the Programfiles folder and compiled it again. It even doesn't...
Hi guys, I wanted to write my first plugin for MP2 (NFO movie/series/music videos/... file extractor) and had some problems...
Replies
Views
After reading the documentation & source of some plugins I now understand the concept a bit better. Although examples are still welcome.
After reading the documentation & source of some plugins I now understand the concept a bit better. Although examples are still...
Hi, I see there is a lot of code related to BassPlayer but did not find any code that would actually use it. Is there any or...
Replies
Views
I guess this wont be implemented soon. Atleast it should be done globally for all kind of media, like movies, tv, pictures. This means having kind of user management. We planned it as a feature and part of mp, it is not known when it will be implemented because there are still many basic things missing. Sry
I guess this wont be implemented soon. Atleast it should be done globally for all kind of media, like movies, tv, pictures. This...
Is it possible to use parental control on TV section in MP2?
Replies
Views
BackupSettings for MP2 I am starting here a new thread BackupSettings for MP2. Please post any MP2 issues of my plugin or external client program here. The thread BackupSettings for MP1 is here. The BackupSettings plugin can be downloaded from the plugin repository or from here. Installation: - Start the MediaPortal Extension...
BackupSettings for MP2 I am starting here a new thread BackupSettings for MP2. Please post any MP2 issues of my plugin or...
BackupSettings for MP2 I am starting here a new thread BackupSettings for MP2. Please post any MP2 issues of my plugin or...
Replies
Views
good thinking, will do that
good thinking, will do that
When I update my plugin on the website it goes to the bottom of the list - this is pretty annoying why is the list ordered by last...
Replies
Views
Looks like there is something missing and the situation is not handled correctly :( I see you use the Tv4Home Provider. Please consider to switch to MPExtended, it is better. Please describe your more in detail: Do you use the Alpha or Easter Build? Is TvServer installed on same machine as MP2? Is Tv4Home installed on same...
Looks like there is something missing and the situation is not handled correctly :( I see you use the Tv4Home Provider. Please...
Hello, I've tried everything that I can think of besides removing everything and starting over. I'm making this post remotely so...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 keyboard shortcuts? DE
I started a wiki section that now also has a list of the current supported keyboard shortcuts: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/Reference/Keyboard_shortcuts
I started a wiki section that now also has a list of the current supported keyboard shortcuts...
Hi there, is there a list with all keyboard shortcuts to control MP2? I need them to configure my Imon Remote.
Replies
Views
I haven't seen much on MP-TV Series or Moving Pictures. Is development for those plugins underway for MP2, and is there a roadmap estimate for MP2 Beta? I know the alpha is available but I think that would be too glitchy for daily use.
I haven't seen much on MP-TV Series or Moving Pictures. Is development for those plugins underway for MP2, and is there a roadmap...
Hello dear community! As I was discussing a new skin idea for MP2 I came to think about fanart, latest media and infos. In MP1 we...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom