OnlineVideos 1.6.1.0 [2013/05/01] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Weishaupt

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: OnlineVideos 1.0.0.0 [2011/12/18]

PS: Why the hell don't you fill in your Systemspecs? You are a user since 2009... If you are on WinXP the folder described in the linked post maybe won't work cause Vista/Win7 got another folder structure than XP.

Oh, I didn't realize, that being rude is new policy here. Thanks for your warm and kind reminder!

Never Mind!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: OnlineVideos 1.0.0.0 [2011/12/18]

Whats rude about this?
    We can't help you if you don't post logs and fill in you Systemspecs..

And because you are a user since 2009, I would expect that you somewhere read the guidelines. I could understand things if you were new to all this...

I only wanted to try to help you.. but I think my behaviour was indeed a bit harsh. So I'm gonna apologize for that. But keep in mind: Please help us to help you.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is nothing rude about your post. I did warn a million times that posts without logs will get deleted. You did multiple ones without logs - every next one I will delete, because you are wasting my and other ppls time here.

purplelion77

November 24, 2011
    Larisa
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    There is nothing rude about your post. I did warn a million times that posts without logs will get deleted. You did multiple ones without logs - every next one I will delete, because you are wasting my and other ppls time here.

I'm sorry I did the same by posting without logs, but eventually mine wasn't a bug. It was simply a case of manually registering MPUrlSource.ax as Powermarcel10 suggested and Doskabouter described. Thanks guys! Online Videos works fine now thanks to you! I don't know whether I missed a step or I didn't read a text file somewhere in the process but I don't think I had to do that in the previous version of Online Videos. Is there any specific reason it has to be registered manually?

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2009
    Australia
    Home Country
    Cancelling a download

In an earlier post, I mentioned a batch script that I have been using to help control concurrent downloads. This is mostly back in place for version 1.0, but I am having a couple of problems.

In the past, I have been able to cancel a single download by simply forcing the file to delete. The plugin responded by timing out on the file, and reporting that the download had failed. In the newest version, though, the download restarts from 0, recreating the file if it was deleted. I have also tried to change the Read-only and Hidden attributes of the file, but this does not help. Does anyone have any ideas how I can programmatically instruct, or even "trick," the plugin to abandon a single download?

Please note that I am not asking how to stop a download from the Mediaportal interface (although I haven't been able to find a way to do that, either).

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2009
    Australia
    Home Country
    delete file, and immediately create a directory with that same name :D

Good thinking. I had tried deleting the file and renaming another, write-protected file to the same name, but the plugin just overwrote it. A directory with the same name might just confuse it sufficiently; I will let you know.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    My first attempt since updating to MP 1.2.2 / OLV 1.0.0.0 to play a video of more than a few minutes had mixed results. I tried all 3 versions of
    DOK - Die Bergretter im Himalaya vom 29.12.2011 (3/3) on SF1 (in the German section).
    The highest resolution version (1400k) hung after 4 minutes.
    The middle resolution version (744k) hung at the 7 minute mark.
    The low resolution version (120k) played all the way through, but the resolution is really disappointing for HTPC purposes.
    Attached are the logs. I would be grateful for any explanation, or better still, some advice on how to get the higher resolution versions to play through. Let me know if more verbose logs are needed.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Cancelling a download

Please note that I am not asking how to stop a download from the Mediaportal interface (although I haven't been able to find a way to do that, either).

While downloading something, go to the "Downloads" site, category "Current", and open the context menu (F9) on any current donwload -> Abort will be there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread