OnlineVideos 1.6.1.0 [2013/05/01] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I get those Side-by-Side errors but when I looked into it the general advice seemed to be just ignore them. I just checked my logs and the ones in there at the moment all appear to apply to some specific application unrelated to MP, like ultravnc. It looks like I've already got all the Visual C+ Redists installed on my Windows 7 x64 system and on my x86 system all but 2008 6161 (10/04/2012) and I still get them but I can't see how they're connected to not being able to play certain links in OV.

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Did something change with the Youtube part?
Last week (or so) I was able to see all my subscription of my YouTube account.
Now I only see a entry "New videos" and 5 subscriptions or so.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
I find the Automatic Update is still rather slow and can take 5+ seconds per Site to update. I wonder if the following idea could be a way to speed this up:

OV has a local file containing the "last updated" dates for each Enabled site (i.e. the last date that they were updated on the PC),

the OV site server has a similar file containing the "current update" dates for each site,

then OV could download the latter file, compare the dates of Enabled sites to those in the local file and only if they differ would it need to update a site(s). I imagine this would be quicker as a lot of the time the sites won't have changed and it's the individual checking that's slow, whereas downloading a single file should be faster. The dates don't need to be human-readable, so the file could be made smaller by substituting single characters for the day, month and year.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Onlinevideos is OpenSource, start VS Express and implement what you suggested.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Onlinevideos is OpenSource, start VS Express and implement what you suggested.

Not within my skillset I'm afraid and I don't have time to learn programming. Hopefully someone who thinks this is a good idea AND can program will implement it sometime.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can't watch any of The Avengers' clips on iTunes Trailers. I never could, but I keep trying with every new release. :)

Log snippet:
    Code:
    [05-02 17:33:19,406] [MPMain      ] [INFO ] Called with LoadParameter: 'site:iTunes Movie Trailers|return:Locked'
    [05-02 17:33:19,422] [MPMain      ] [INFO ] DoPageLoad with CurrentState 'categories', PreviousWindowId '35'
    [05-02 17:33:19,547] [OnlineVideos] [INFO ] Looking for dynamic categories for site 'iTunes Movie Trailers'
    [05-02 17:33:19,562] [OnlineVideos] [DEBUG] GetWebData: 'http://trailers.apple.com/moviesxml/h/index.xml'
    [05-02 17:33:20,453] [OnlineVideos] [INFO ] Found 5 dynamic categories for site 'iTunes Movie Trailers'
    [05-02 17:33:20,531] [MPMain      ] [INFO ] restoring search category...
    [05-02 17:33:20,531] [MPMain      ] [INFO ] Search category restored to Alla
    [05-02 17:33:21,234] [OVLatest    ] [INFO ] LatestVideosManager found 3 videos from 1 SiteUtils.
    [05-02 17:33:25,718] [OnlineVideos] [INFO ] Looking for subcategories in 'Featured' on site 'iTunes Movie Trailers'
    [05-02 17:33:25,718] [OnlineVideos] [INFO ] Found 6 subcategories in 'Featured' on site 'iTunes Movie Trailers'
    [05-02 17:33:25,750] [MPMain      ] [INFO ] restoring search category...
    [05-02 17:33:25,750] [MPMain      ] [INFO ] Search category restored to Alla
    [05-02 17:33:26,718] [OnlineVideos] [DEBUG] GetWebData: 'http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/home/feeds/just_added.json'
    [05-02 17:33:27,312] [MPMain      ] [INFO ] restoring search category...
    [05-02 17:33:27,312] [MPMain      ] [INFO ] Search category restored to Alla
    [05-02 17:33:32,906] [OnlineVideos] [DEBUG] GetWebData: 'http://trailers.apple.com/moviesxml/s/marvel/avengers/index.xml'
    [05-02 17:33:59,281] [OnlineVideos] [DEBUG] GetWebData: 'http://trailers.apple.com/moviesxml/s/marvel/theavengers/trailer2usa.xml'
    [05-02 17:33:59,687] [OnlineVideos] [DEBUG] The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
    [05-02 17:33:59,718] [OnlineVideos] [WARN ] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Server stack trace:
      at OnlineVideos.Sites.Pondman.ITunes.Nodes.Video.Update()
      at OnlineVideos.Sites.Pondman.ITMovieTrailersUtil.getUrl(VideoInfo video)
      at OnlineVideos.Sites.SiteUtilBase.getMultipleVideoUrls(VideoInfo video, Boolean inPlaylist)
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
      at OnlineVideos.Sites.SiteUtilBase.getMultipleVideoUrls(VideoInfo video, Boolean inPlaylist)
      at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.GUIOnlineVideos.<>c__DisplayClass65.<Play_Step1>b__5f()
      at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.Gui2UtilConnector.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ExecuteInBackgroundAndCallback>b__2()

Thanks for this great plugin!
    Emph

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    How do I stop PowerScheduler++ making my HTPC sleeping whilst I'm watching something via OnlineVideos? For example, I start MP and go to OnlineVideos, then play a Sopcast link from Wiziwig. After 5 minutes, PowerScheduler++ makes the HTPC goes to sleep, presumably because it thinks it's idle. :(

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have to request this in the PowerScheduler++ forum/thread - I guess the plugin needs to watch for some more events/action to tell of MP is idle or not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread