OnlineVideos 1.6.1.0 [2013/05/01] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just Bierdopje will suffice. Optionally you can enter languages like dut;eng;fre.
    If that doesn't work I need the onlinevideos.log to get what is going wrong

Hi Doskabouter,

It's still not work.. Here you have my logs, and also a screenshot of my settings in OnlineVideos.. Is this right?

What I did for generating the log is open online videos, go to Watch Series, Go to an episode, and play it.. Should it load automaticly? Or am I doing something wrong..

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      147.5 KB

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all, I've been having abit of trouble with the lastest OV with MP 1.2. I have been getting the "Mediaportal has stopped responding bla bla" error alot. The pattern I have noticed is when I select a source to stream from in Watch-Series It starts to buffer then crashes MP, But the video still plays and I have full control of MP. Just the dialog box sits right in the middle of the screen. Sorry I don't have logs for this as of yet, But I'm still not sure how to reproduce the error, Throwing it out incase someone has the same issue.

The next one is I have been watching "How It's made" Series 18 all episodes, "Hell on wheels" last episode and a few others I don't remember in watch-series and when it gets to the last few minutes It starts skipping and jumping back about 5mins, Pretty sure it has fully downloaded as it show 100% downloaded well before I get to the end. If anyone has experienced the same please share your experiences.

I'll try and get some logs next time it happens.

Cheers

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just Bierdopje will suffice. Optionally you can enter languages like dut;eng;fre.
    If that doesn't work I need the onlinevideos.log to get what is going wrong

Hi Doskabouter,

It's still not work.. Here you have my logs, and also a screenshot of my settings in OnlineVideos.. Is this right?

What I did for generating the log is open online videos, go to Watch Series, Go to an episode, and play it.. Should it load automaticly? Or am I doing something wrong..

Thanks!

You did it all right, it's just that no (dutch) subtitles were found for that particular episode. Maybe you should increase your chances and put eng in the languages as well.

Or try other subtitledownloaders. I know that Podnapisi is also working, and as such, chances are that the rest of too.
    Btw, if you're experimenting, and get unexpected results, try searching for "subtitle" in the onlinevideos.log, that will maybe give a clue as to what is happening

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Finished! Can't believe I've overlooked that option :)

Now it almost works. I get the subtitles, but for some reason skandinavian letters are not shown (ä, ö, å). Instead of the correct letter a square symbol is shown. I don't have this problem with subtitles downloaded via SubCentral.

Can you try downloading exactly the same subtitle manually with SubCentral (you need to enable&enter the plugin in Home screen and give search parameters manually)? It would also help to know what source are you using, language settings (yes I know that Finnish is one) and the serie & episode number & season number.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Don't bother for now, I think I need to do some more testing tonight...

OK it seems that you are reading the subtitle file content programmatically so at this point something probably goes wrong. In general when using just the files SubtitleDownloader downloads there should not be problems with file encodings.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Spot on! That's just what I wanted to test tonight, because I did have a feeling that it's encoding-related

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, I thought this was going to be easy, but I'm having a bit of trouble here.

One of the subs I downloaded (suits s02ep7 in finnish) is Ansi encoded, and another one (suits s02ep7 bulgarian) is UTF8 encoded, and no way to detect that from the first few bytes of those files (neither of them has a BOM in it).
    I could make a guessing algorithm, but something tells me that's going to be overkill.

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You did it all right, it's just that no (dutch) subtitles were found for that particular episode. Maybe you should increase your chances and put eng in the languages as well.

Or try other subtitledownloaders. I know that Podnapisi is also working, and as such, chances are that the rest of too.
    Btw, if you're experimenting, and get unexpected results, try searching for "subtitle" in the onlinevideos.log, that will maybe give a clue as to what is happening

Thanks! I will try that asap.. :)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hm, I thought this was going to be easy, but I'm having a bit of trouble here.

One of the subs I downloaded (suits s02ep7 in finnish) is Ansi encoded, and another one (suits s02ep7 bulgarian) is UTF8 encoded, and no way to detect that from the first few bytes of those files (neither of them has a BOM in it).
    I could make a guessing algorithm, but something tells me that's going to be overkill.

And I guess there is no way to just point to the subtitle file instead of reading the content?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread