OnlineVideos 1.6.1.0 [2013/05/01] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No need for logs, I have added some code to iTunes Trailers that is not yet in the 1.4 API of OnlineVideos. Planing to release 1.5 this weekend so it will be "autofixed".;)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And what do you define as correct here?
    a) MP 1.3 is still not final
    b) I have no troubles with the skin included in the mpe on MP 1.2 and MP 1.3 RC

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah cool offbyone. I'll try this version as fast as possible. Looking forward to it. Suppose it is the same great work as always. :) Online Videos is for MP like water is for mankind. ;-)

red_zebra

Portal Pro
    September 1, 2009
    Leipzig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ehmmm, where can I find the favorite sorting feature? On which level of the Online Video section have you implemented sorting?

I.e. (what do I mean with "levels"?):
    level 1: I go to Online Videos --> Favorites and see all the stations/sites where I bookmarked some shows - in the context menu the "Sort"-entry is deactivated, but here the stations/sites are sorted alphabetical by name by default
    level 2: I select a station and see several shows/categorys I bookmarked (as folders) - again the "Sort"-entry in the side menu is deactivated and in the F9-context menu there is only the entry "remove from favorites". And btw: this is the level I would love to change sorting, because the show/category-folders are shown in the order I added them to my favorites, not alphabetical or even manually (e.g. by a "move up/down"-entry in the F9-context menu)
    level 3: Within a show/category (where I can see the available videos of this show/category) - where the videos are sorted by air date by default - there is no option to change sorting in the side or context menu

Is this an issue of the skin or of me? I use Black Glass Nova and List view...

Thank you!

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is a classic case of "would you have written it this clear before instead of the one liner" - I would have known what you needed/wanted right away ;)

So let me explain the favorites concept a bit deeper:

OnlineVideos offers two different "types" of favorite:
    1. category of a site
    2. video of a site
    Favorite categories can be seen like shortcuts or links to the precise category of that site. When you click on a Favorite category inside the Favorites site, you are taken to that site with that precise category. You are now no longer inside the Favorites site. Imagine it like clicking on one of your browser's favorites. If that precise category has subcategories, you will now see them, if it has a list of video you will see them. But as you are now no longer inside the Favorites site - all capabilities of the actual site apply.

Favorite videos of a site are something different. You access them via the "All" category inside the Favorites site. These are links to videos and they are stored inside a local database - they can be sorted (by the info we have about them: airdate, duration, name).

OnlineVideos never offered a way to sort categories, because usually they come from the site - which has a very specific order. There is one special case - the "bookmarked" categories you are talking about. Currently they are not sorted, meaning the are in the order as they are added - since those links come from the local database. I could implement a general setting on the favorites site, if you want to sort those by name or as they are.

Last edited:

pilotedge

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is anyone getting cannot connect to server when trying to access the site list?? No joy from mp config or mp.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Server is down due to hardware failure currently. Let's see how fast the maintenance guys are :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread