OnlineVideos 1.6.1.0 [2013/05/01] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm not able to play video's from GeenStijl.TV anymore after upgrade to MP1.3, for example this url: http://media.dumpert.nl/h264/1250b633_130321_TURKEN.mp4 (has hotlink protection, so reenter the url in the adressbar)

When I download the video first, I can play it, but not directly with the OnlineVideos plugin. It starts the video, but I can only hear the sound and after about 20 seconds, I get the message that the video can't be played.
You need to replace filter files with latest from SVN. Or wait for next OV release.
Thanks these files fix the problem :)

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Youtube does not work for me until I remove and re-add it with the Site Manager.See the logs. This is what I did:
Start MP > Open OV > Open YT > Try a category > (error) > Site Manager > Remove YT > Add YT > Open YT > Try a category > Success!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi there,

I am having the same issue. Updated all sites and still get "unable to play the video. no URL" on the YouTube VEVO videos.

When did you update the sites? Lately I have had no problem with this, was fixed some time ago..

I uninstalled today, cleared the settings and reinstalled and updated the sites. Still the same issue. I can play these videos through the browser OK, but notice they come up with an advertisement first. Ones without the advertisement come up with the size options and then play OK.
    I have the same issue fishynz - can't play anything in OV with ads on Youtube, which is almost any music videos now - time to find a new site!

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you give me a concrete name or url of a video with that problem. It's not easy for me to guess or reproduce because most music video are fully unavailable in Germany.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi offbyone - sorry about that, I kinda assumed you knew the issue :notworthy:
    To reproduce:
    1. Go to Language English, select Youtube - Select Music Category - try to play almost any music video listed - especially the Vevo ones, eg I get the following list (default sort by relevance) I can't find a video that WILL play :( the following do not:
      1. Rihanna - Take a Bow
      2. ColdPlay - Paradise
      3. Beyonce - Halo
      4. JT - Cry Me a River
    But if I go to Top Rated Category - first video listed is Psy Gangam and it plays fine. I can also play Gotye - Somebody I used to know, but not any Vevo videos from that category.

Log attached so you can see all the 404 errors ;)

Last edited:

langben

Portal Member
    April 4, 2009
    Dr.dk has stopped working for some reason, browsing the site works all right but playback does not - always same message: unspecified error. Log attached.

Kind regards

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.zip
      2.7 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi offbyone - sorry about that, I kinda assumed you knew the issue :notworthy:
    To reproduce:
    1. Go to Language English, select Youtube - Select Music Category - try to play almost any music video listed - especially the Vevo ones, eg I get the following list (default sort by relevance) I can't find a video that WILL play :( the following do not:
      1. Rihanna - Take a Bow
      2. ColdPlay - Paradise
      3. Beyonce - Halo
      4. JT - Cry Me a River
    But if I go to Top Rated Category - first video listed is Psy Gangam and it plays fine. I can also play Gotye - Somebody I used to know, but not any Vevo videos from that category.

Log attached so you can see all the 404 errors ;)

I just updated the YouTube site - can you test again?
    (It's not easy to test from Germany as the VEVO videos are already filtered out completely.)

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    VEVO videos works now, thank you for all your time making this plugin brilliant :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread