Support Requests (2 Viewers)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, MpExt. keeps a cache for all images. Dont remember if you can clear it from configurator. Should be easy to find though, maybe in prog. data. Not home so cant check right now.

sebimuxx

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First of all, thank you for this awesome app. This was something I was really missing for MP. By far the best app I ever had on my Ipad.

After I have now updated and configured MPExt on HTPC and my TVserver, updated the Music Database and made sure all paths in MPExt point to the right folders and files everything works fine. There are just two small issues:

In Music, the covers are not displayed if the related tag contains special characters like , : ' and & (these are the charcters which occur in my music) This means if the Artist is e.g. Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus the Artist thump in the left panel is not displayed, nor are the Album thumbs in the right panels displayed. If only the Album tag contains such characters the Artist thumb is diplayed, but not the Album cover. All Artists and Covers without such characters display fine.

Another issue is that in the Latest Movies and Latest TV Series section on the Home screen some covers are not displayed. When I go to the corresponding Movie or Series the Covers are displayed correctly. I tried to switch the Latest sections off and on again, restarted the app, but the covers in the Latest sections remain empty (always the same, others are displayed). Any idea what the reason may be?

Best regards,

Michael

Last edited:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    About latest media covers. I wonder if something went wrong when caching the images there. They do not have the same size in the corresponding activities so its different images there and on Home screen. Can you try to delete the MPExt. cache and try again?

About music. We had another report of missing covers for the letters åäö, I checked the code at that time and it looked ok and I also had covers from artists with these letters. Do these albums show ok in aMPDroid or WebMP? Whay exactly do you mean with the tag? The url to the image or the artist name or...?

Quantor

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2013
    Bad Kreuznach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Got the same phenomen... But only in the latest media view... If I look up the same album in the music section itself the cover shows up correctly.... The Album missing the art on the main screen is named: "The beauty & the Beat"... I've renamed it into "The Beauty and the Beat" and the cover shows up correctly....

sebimuxx

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did some additional checks now:

Latest Movies / Series ... issue: This seems to be related to the incomplete / wrong configuration of MPExtended after first install of iViewer (had to update MPExt to 0.6, set the credential for the network drives etc. until everything displayed fine). To check if this is true I now just re-installed the preview version, configured it, and all covers in the Latest section are displayed, also those which are not displayed in my full version. So a reinstall of the full version would probably solve the issue. Would it be an option to add some sort of 'reset' function to iViewer? I would expect that many people may have similar issues after first install of iViewer.

The music covers: I had already cleaned (deleted) the MPExt cache, did not change anything. I also had verified that the missing covers exist in the MediaPortal thumbs cache, but did not exist in the MPExtended image cache, so MPExt was obviously never asked to provide them.

Like Quantor I confirmed that renaming the tags solves the issue immediately, you just need to refresh iViewer after changing the tags. Just renamed e.g. 'Kruder & Dorfmeister' to 'Kruder and Dorfmeister' and the covers are displayed in iViewer.

Hope that helps to locate and solve the problem.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks, I will take a look in the next week after vacation has ended.

Quantor

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2013
    Bad Kreuznach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, I will take a look in the next week after vacation has ended.

It's a strange issue... Seems that not the complete iViewer has problems with language specific special characters.... Maybe the data comes from MPExt in some cases and is falsified there ? Check the screen below.... On the same screen special characters are displayed correctly in the list-view and wrong in the "now playing" of the controls-screen:

image.jpg

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The top view series takes data from MPExt and now playing series from WifiRemote. Must have forgotten to handle in now playing series then, will check.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I had some time to look at the above issues.

The text from WifiRemote was not decoded for utf8 for now playing series, that is handled now so will be in next update.

I could reproduce the issue with missing thumb for an album that had : in it's album name and therefore had : in it's MPExtended id. The same thumb show in WebMP. For some reason the image url fail to load in iViewer (I use encodeURIComponent on the id). The image url load fine in a browser on the iPad...

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Would it be an option to add some sort of 'reset' function to iViewer? I would expect that many people may have similar issues after first install of iViewer.

It's unfortunately currently not possible to clear the image cache in iViewer API. Normaly one do it by reloading the gui and that corresponds to deleting/installing the app again. I will ask Command Fusion about adding it to their API.

Users who are viewing this thread