Feature Requests (7 Viewers)

Sort of along the line of Video Backgrounds for MP2... Was wondering if Movie and TV Theme Video Backdrops have been considered? For background info check out Media Browser 3. They have a couple of plugins - Movie Theme Videos Plugin and TV Theme Videos Plugin. Both plugins automatically go and download the theme videos when you add...
Sort of along the line of Video Backgrounds for MP2... Was wondering if Movie and TV Theme Video Backdrops have been considered...
Sort of along the line of Video Backgrounds for MP2... Was wondering if Movie and TV Theme Video Backdrops have been considered...
Replies
Views
Multi function machines (firewall, VPN server etc) will have multiple IP addresses and you may not want MP2 server bound to all of them. ServerSettings.XML should allow you to supply a list of IPs to bind to. The default behaviour should be to bind to all. Hard code loopback to always bind?
Multi function machines (firewall, VPN server etc) will have multiple IP addresses and you may not want MP2 server bound to all of...
Multi function machines (firewall, VPN server etc) will have multiple IP addresses and you may not want MP2 server bound to all of...
Replies
Views
The installer should ask what you'd like the client and server to be called; it's the first thing I wanted to change. Maybe default it to "MP2 (Client or Server) <machine name>"?
The installer should ask what you'd like the client and server to be called; it's the first thing I wanted to change. Maybe default...
The installer should ask what you'd like the client and server to be called; it's the first thing I wanted to change. Maybe default...
Replies
Views
At around this time of the year (just before my annual Christmas drinks party), I think about this thread, because I still think this would be a nice feature. It would be great to be able to broadcast audio to different clients simultaneously. So far, the only solution I have is to use "TeamViewer" (VNC type thing) with shared audio...
At around this time of the year (just before my annual Christmas drinks party), I think about this thread, because I still think...
I wonder if it might be possible to allow synchronisation of media playback between different clients on the network (for any...
Replies
Views
Hello! If I am right there is currently no possibility to show different weather icons for day and night depending on the sunrise/sundown times. Maybe an improvement for future versions since MP2 seems pretty stable to me now. :) Thanks!
Hello! If I am right there is currently no possibility to show different weather icons for day and night depending on the...
Hello! If I am right there is currently no possibility to show different weather icons for day and night depending on the...
Replies
Views
Hi terra, The database file is located in your ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\MP2-Server folder, a file called datastore.s3db. But I fear it will not help you. I have never tried to manually enter a shre into the database and I'm not sure what exactly you have to enter. In any case, when you should mange to enter the share manually, you...
Hi terra, The database file is located in your ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\MP2-Server folder, a file called datastore.s3db. But I...
As the automatic search can't find any of my network shares, MP2 is unusable for me right now. An input dialog for selfdefining the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 and FTP DE
Thanks for asking, Morpheus. But I de installed Mediaportal due to horrific problems with the TV Function.
Thanks for asking, Morpheus. But I de installed Mediaportal due to horrific problems with the TV Function.
Hi, what about MePo2 having access to an FTP Server. Would that be an improvement worth working on ?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Multi-zone audio DE
Wow, this is so what I am looking for! It would automatically be a real alternative to high budget multiroom audio systems like Sonos or Raumfeld. Imagine a WLAN sound stream that can be accepted and controlled by multiple clients (such as smartphones, tablets i.e...). Such power. I mean the web browser can play different audio-feeds...
Wow, this is so what I am looking for! It would automatically be a real alternative to high budget multiroom audio systems like...
Hi there I've been using MediaPortal for quite some time now, and have it configured as a single seat machine connected to the...
Replies
Views
Ok, then let's wait with all the tests until you have DSL. Crossing my fingers that all works well... A bit of background to explain what I need: First I need a test with your working DB having all your series (and maybe some additional media) imported. Something like Starting MP2 client takes x seconds, Entering series takes y...
Ok, then let's wait with all the tests until you have DSL. Crossing my fingers that all works well... A bit of background to...
Hi. I really would like to have a possibility to play media items without adding them to DB first. Similar as it's possible in MP1...
Replies
Views
FYI, I took responsibility this week over RadioTime plugin since its original developer has left. (Just announce it a couple of days ago). The updated project site is here. Took it mainly to solve a security issue. (PM me if you want details) I'm just in the middle of the rebranding process (changing 'RadioTime' to 'TuneIn'). Not...
FYI, I took responsibility this week over RadioTime plugin since its original developer has left. (Just announce it a couple of...
Besides all the tv features, the hundreds of GBs we fill with series and movies, sometimes it's nice to simply listen to the radio...
Replies
Views
Personally I would love it if I could use the Plex server I have installed on my NAS (it is by far the best server software I have tried) and use MP2 instead of the Plex frontend, which is mediocre.
Personally I would love it if I could use the Plex server I have installed on my NAS (it is by far the best server software I have...
Hi. Just to keep this written down anywhere... A Plex Plugin for MP2 Server could be great as MP2 server can be used by all Plex...
Replies
Views
I'm not that often geocaching, but sometimes :) If I go geocachign I use c:geo and this app is pretty cool. So you should use this as an orientation ;)
I'm not that often geocaching, but sometimes :) If I go geocachign I use c:geo and this app is pretty cool. So you should use this...
When I'm not coding on computer, I like to go out for geocaching.I mainly use geocaching.com. So now I thought about a possible...
Replies
Views
ok? so are you saying its a feature that can be put into MP2 but its skin based feature? also sorry to ask here but are they any instruction on how to get live tv working in MP2-Setup-Alpha-2? i have tried installing the alpha2 and the slimtv-native(from...
ok? so are you saying its a feature that can be put into MP2 but its skin based feature? also sorry to ask here but are they any...
in mp tv guide there is a preview window, but as far as i can tell its doesnt really do anything in the tv guide area. can we get...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 BETTER WALLS (1 Viewer) DE
This would be great if you can help with TvGuide and also other xaml stuff! Can you please link to your existing code? I hope that most WPF stuff is also available in MPF. At least last time I found some missing parts that made life harder.
This would be great if you can help with TvGuide and also other xaml stuff! Can you please link to your existing code? I hope that...
A better way of doing a video wall ^skip to 21:25 2 way navigation Horizontal navigation is via category Vertical navigation...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [WiP] CEC Plugin DE
Maybe take Tuoma as helper/Dev for that ;)
Maybe take Tuoma as helper/Dev for that ;)
Hi. Just to keep this written down anywhere... A CEC Remote Plugin for MP2 could be great... Not my personal need but I heard about...
Replies
Views
I am not an MP2 user so apologies is this has already been addressed... Something that I have found odd about MP1x is that if you are recording (multiple) channels, the main EPG does not tell you which channels are locked, whereas the mini EPG does. I think this is related to what muxes are in-use. The main EPG should tell you if a...
I am not an MP2 user so apologies is this has already been addressed... Something that I have found odd about MP1x is that if you...
I am not an MP2 user so apologies is this has already been addressed... Something that I have found odd about MP1x is that if you...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MHEG5 support DE
BTW I came across this earlier, have you guys seen this... Presume you will have but thought I'd share it anyway. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2010/08/open_source_release_of_mheg_to.html
BTW I came across this earlier, have you guys seen this... Presume you will have but thought I'd share it anyway...
G'day fella's, Here in NZ our free to air provider runs MHEG5 as the distribution platform. A new sports channel is about to...
Replies
Views
Offtopic: Have you tried doing this with MP1 + WebMP, might work.
Offtopic: Have you tried doing this with MP1 + WebMP, might work.
Hi, I often like to have two channels going at the same time, this is especially when I am watching sports, so I can have 2 matches...
Replies
Views
I like the idea of small popups for NEWS feed. EDIT: Oh I was thinking of this for team-mp forums :)
I like the idea of small popups for NEWS feed. EDIT: Oh I was thinking of this for team-mp forums :)
It would be nice to be able have a setting per feed for showing a popup in case of a new message. I could imagine having the...
Replies
Views
You could make autohotkey click the ignore 2 times as well for you.This isn't actually in mantis, our issue tracker.
You could make autohotkey click the ignore 2 times as well for you.This isn't actually in mantis, our issue tracker.
Hello, Description: display Movies, TV and Images on a secondary screen with an independent resolution. The Controls display is...
Replies
Views
So to prevent any confusion, MP2 internally create a playlist, which is good and great won't change. We call it playlist since it is done the same way for pictures like it is done for music and videos etc. This means it offers us the reusing the same features without the need to write code for "putting one item after another" and...
So to prevent any confusion, MP2 internally create a playlist, which is good and great won't change. We call it playlist since it...
This feature request is documented in wiki: PicturePlaybackModes This thread is for getting feedback whether your would like to...
Replies
Views
While huha developed the TvWishList plugin for MP2 we added an extension interface to add new commands to the program actions of the TvGuide from within other extensions. https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/commit/4dbbd79a164e4813f6f3cd16c86b7c05d235f9ce Could we do the same for the VideoPlayer and PicturePlayer as well...
While huha developed the TvWishList plugin for MP2 we added an extension interface to add new commands to the program actions of...
While huha developed the TvWishList plugin for MP2 we added an extension interface to add new commands to the program actions of...
Replies
Views
This thread is about improvements to trim the navigation bar if items' width or the total bar width grows too much. It can be used to evaluate more/other options and ideas. Here are a few screenshots of the current behavior: It is not possible to navigate to the hidden items: So instead of hiding the items completely: it...
This thread is about improvements to trim the navigation bar if items' width or the total bar width grows too much. It can be used...
This thread is about improvements to trim the navigation bar if items' width or the total bar width grows too much. It can be used...
Replies
Views
Nice screenshots btw: +1 from my side :) BTW: These are nice examples which could be used for new devs to get used to the MP2 structure.
Nice screenshots btw: +1 from my side :) BTW: These are nice examples which could be used for new devs to get used to the MP2...
In Titanium, it's possible to see the news in the main page. My firts idea was to ckick on it to get the full news ^^ But it's...
Replies
Views
Ok, gotcha :) Yep, I agree, but here we end in another new feature independent from the "Resume"-feature: Current behaviour: There is only a, let's call it: "Open"-Command within the media plugin. In case you are selecting a folder it opens the folder. In case you are selecting a media item it opens starts the media item playback...
Ok, gotcha :) Yep, I agree, but here we end in another new feature independent from the "Resume"-feature: Current behaviour...
Once again an extension of an idea (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/resumable-playlist.117277/) : For every serie and...
Replies
Views
As an extension of "resume video/audio" (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/audio-video-add-resume.117276/), it could be very nice to be able to resume a playlist. IE for an audio album saved as a playlist, to restart the last point stopped.
As an extension of "resume video/audio" (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/audio-video-add-resume.117276/), it could be...
Hi everyone, I submitted a long time ago the idea of a resumable playlist for MP2. I'd like to explain here my full idea to be...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Picture Geolocation DE
another suggestion, maybe for the long term: Show the pictures on a map. May mobilephone has this option and this is really great :) You have a map and all over this map you can see where you taken which picture :)
another suggestion, maybe for the long term: Show the pictures on a map. May mobilephone has this option and this is really great...
Hi morpheusxx, I have seen, that you are working on picture geolocation. Do you plan only goolemaps and openstreetmap for this...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Just bought a new TV, and i'm back in the MP2 world, as the firts test I made was to use MP2 on it ^^ Today, I think we miss some configuration option for the audio rerender, let me explain. I choose in MP2 the audio rerender to be my HDMI output in order to send the sound to the TV, but the default windows rerender...
Hi Everyone, Just bought a new TV, and i'm back in the MP2 world, as the firts test I made was to use MP2 on it ^^ Today, I...
Hi Everyone, Just bought a new TV, and i'm back in the MP2 world, as the firts test I made was to use MP2 on it ^^ Today, I...
Replies
Views
This thread describes an open task for MP2. If you think you can help with this, pick it up and write some code. If you have any development related questions, feel free to ask. Task description: MP2 should have an additional windows service "MP2-UpdateService". This service should be responsible to update files in ProgramFiles...
This thread describes an open task for MP2. If you think you can help with this, pick it up and write some code. If you have any...
This thread describes an open task for MP2. If you think you can help with this, pick it up and write some code. If you have any...
Replies
Views
Hi Spragleknas, First, I'll try to explain how MP2 works for now : it's a king of remembered settings, IE if the last video played was with Norvegian audio track and English subtrack, the player will try to apply the same parameters to the next video, and apply the default video settings if it can't. In my opinion, it brokes too...
Hi Spragleknas, First, I'll try to explain how MP2 works for now : it's a king of remembered settings, IE if the last video...
Come to think of language settings that, IMO, should be though of for MP2 (perhaps even MP1?). There are two language specific...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom