Input/Output Interfaces (12 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
I've got my Harmony One configured as a Microsoft Media Center remote and then within MediaPortal's configuration I've chosen Media Center as the remote and everything seems to work fine for me.
I've got my Harmony One configured as a Microsoft Media Center remote and then within MediaPortal's configuration I've chosen Media...
Hi, I have set up my Harmony One remote as a media portal device in the Harmony Remote Software. It gives me the option of using...
Replies
Views
and what about "f9" menu? i use it a lot... do u think that's better? Rii-Wireless-Keyboard-Touchpad-RT
and what about "f9" menu? i use it a lot... do u think that's better? Rii-Wireless-Keyboard-Touchpad-RT
has anyone tryed this thing it could be usefull! but can it be configurable to mediaportal? i don't think u could use f1-f9...
Replies
Views
Hi Craig So you're talking this dual digital (sorry DN have/had quite a lot of "dual" models so it is quite confusing)? My guess would be no, but it all depends on how the remote driver is installed. I bought a Digital Now QuattroS several years ago which came with a remote. I could only get the remote to work with the HID version of...
Hi Craig So you're talking this dual digital (sorry DN have/had quite a lot of "dual" models so it is quite confusing)? My guess...
Hi guys, Can anyone tell me whether the bundled remote that comes with the DigitalNow cards works with MediaPortal? I'm...
Replies
Views
Logitech Harmony One? I have one and it works great :D I use it with the MCE IR reciever.
Logitech Harmony One? I have one and it works great :D I use it with the MCE IR reciever.
Hi All- I just built a new HTPC and picked up a new LCD TV and AV receiver (I have been saving up for a while!). So now I am...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late reply. anyway, I did not try the Terratec remote at all, since I have a Harmony 515, configured as MCE and IMON PAD.
Sorry for the late reply. anyway, I did not try the Terratec remote at all, since I have a Harmony 515, configured as MCE and IMON PAD.
Hi! I have just built my HTPC: Antec Micro Fusion Remote 350 (w/ iMON LCD and iMON mini remote) Asus M4785G PRO Athlon II...
Replies
Views
Hi brokenrobot Did you manage to get this sorted? If Windows doesn't want to use the driver with your remote then it may be because your remote has a slightly different USB ID. If it is in the same family as the remotes that other people have got working then you should still be able to look for the MaxRepeatPauseInterval and...
Hi brokenrobot Did you manage to get this sorted? If Windows doesn't want to use the driver with your remote then it may be...
So I managed to get the remote working after following instuctions somewhere on this forum but the remote acts as if the keys are...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the quick reply MM:thx: I might have a look into purchasing another remote, like the Logitech Harmony.
Thanks for the quick reply MM:thx: I might have a look into purchasing another remote, like the Logitech Harmony.
Hi guys, I have an issue with the Hauppauge remote and a strange one indeed. The remote will occasionally work within MP or not...
Replies
Views
Here's my 2 cents.. This remote use the same button for turning off a program (alt + f4) as for going into standby. Short press for close, long for standby. I never managed to get my computer to resume with the remote if standby was triggered by a timer, only when standby had been triggered by the remote. The green button will send...
Here's my 2 cents.. This remote use the same button for turning off a program (alt + f4) as for going into standby. Short press...
Shape HTPC remote control - Fractal Design Has anyone successfully used this remote with MP? Their sales literature...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a remote control AVS Gear GV-IR01BK Vista Infrared MCE. And i wonder how i can turn off the Windows 7 through the remote controle. Or how to configure and control the Windows 7. Thanks.
Hi. I have a remote control AVS Gear GV-IR01BK Vista Infrared MCE. And i wonder how i can turn off the Windows 7 through the...
Hi. I have a remote control AVS Gear GV-IR01BK Vista Infrared MCE. And i wonder how i can turn off the Windows 7 through the...
Replies
Views
After reading user comments about the other remotes, I would opt for the hauppauge as well, why people are complaing about the other make receivers causing input delay is unknown, but can see it being a complete frustration for any end user :(
After reading user comments about the other remotes, I would opt for the hauppauge as well, why people are complaing about the...
Hi all I have finally decided to get a remote for my MP set up. For background I am using Windows 7 64 bit premium as my OS...
Replies
Views
Well, I finally found the time/energy to tackle this problem again, and found a fix. Plasma TV's emit random amounts of IR, apparently, and about a year ago I bought a 50" plasma to replace my old 32" LCD. The fix is to block the low-level background IR and still let the remote IR through. I used masking tape, per this useful thread...
Well, I finally found the time/energy to tackle this problem again, and found a fix. Plasma TV's emit random amounts of IR...
I've been searching high and low, but can't find anything like this on the internet. I previously had a Tira2 IR receiver in my old...
Replies
Views
I've successfully soldered the first version (v1.1) of the USB Ultra IR with power on/off from www.ocinside.de and it's working fine. Now I like to build a second one (USB Ultra IR v2.0) for my Eee Box, to power on/off and control it from another room, do you think it's working and what's the maximum USB cable length??? :thx:
I've successfully soldered the first version (v1.1) of the USB Ultra IR with power on/off from www.ocinside.de and it's working...
I've successfully soldered the first version (v1.1) of the USB Ultra IR with power on/off from www.ocinside.de and it's working...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Today I installed the IR receiver that came with my Hauppage PVR-350 TV card. The remote (34 buttons) works perfectly with MediaPortal. But I got one problem: MediaPortal also responds to the remote of my Television: a Philips SBC RP 520 remote. (RC5 protocol) Only a few keys are responding in MediaPortal: when I press...
Hi everyone, Today I installed the IR receiver that came with my Hauppage PVR-350 TV card. The remote (34 buttons) works perfectly...
Hi everyone, Today I installed the IR receiver that came with my Hauppage PVR-350 TV card. The remote (34 buttons) works perfectly...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your answer! Well, I think that I'm going to get another model...
Thanks for your answer! Well, I think that I'm going to get another model...
Hello, I've been digging into the forum looking for information for this remote sold on ebay: Media Center MCE PC HTPC IR...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the reply. arsenal333's project is very impressive, but what it does is redirecting commands from the user remote. I was hoping it would be possible to issue commands based on an MP output from actions like play music, watch video, watch tv. Together with iPimp, This could eliminate the remote.
Thank you for the reply. arsenal333's project is very impressive, but what it does is redirecting commands from the user remote. I...
Hi! I've searched everywhere for an answer to this, but without luck. There are countles threads related to the MP IR input...
Replies
Views
AW: REMOTE for PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI (4000i) Hi Jimbolina, ==> Unfortunately true I have to confirm this. PCTV must be started then the remote choosen and then...I can use the remote in MediaPortal. What a hassle. I did monkey around with the Pinnacle Versions. Deinstalled 6 then Installed 4 (to use it like you do ) and then...
AW: REMOTE for PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI (4000i) Hi Jimbolina, ==> Unfortunately true I have to confirm this. PCTV must be started...
Hello everybody, is there someone who is using the same Pinnacle card with the belonging remote control ...
Replies
Views
Hello, first sorry for my bad english. i have a problem with my vfd-display and the minidisplay plugin. an example: i go to settings and select with my remote the item display settings. the vfd display shows: in line 1: settings in line 2: display settings but after 3 or 4 seconds it turns into the idle-mode and...
Hello, first sorry for my bad english. i have a problem with my vfd-display and the minidisplay plugin. an example: i go...
Hello, first sorry for my bad english. i have a problem with my vfd-display and the minidisplay plugin. an example: i go...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 König MCE Remote DE
Hi, Yeah, I tried this with the Generic Keyboard/Remote plugin but couldn't get it to work. The plugin kept crasching everytime I went into the config so I gave up on it. I use Eventghost for a lot of other stuff (the most amazing and useful software I've come across!), so I would never dream of uninstalling it. Anyway, we now know...
Hi, Yeah, I tried this with the Generic Keyboard/Remote plugin but couldn't get it to work. The plugin kept crasching everytime...
Just bought a König MCE "compatible" remote from kjell.com (sweden): Kjell & Company - Nordens bredaste sortiment av tillbehr fr...
Replies
Views
Hi Hope someone can, and might be willing to help! can anyone can provide the communication specifications for serial connection from Minidisplay I would be very greatful. I am looking for a new project to advance my microcontroler programming knowledge, and have been thinking for some time to replace the Soundgraph LCD from...
Hi Hope someone can, and might be willing to help! can anyone can provide the communication specifications for serial...
Hi Hope someone can, and might be willing to help! can anyone can provide the communication specifications for serial...
Replies
Views
hi team, i just had a fresh install of MP 1.1.2 which works brilliant so far but minidisplay is giving me a headache with my thermaltake iMON VFD. software is installed but when MP minidisplay wanted to register an uncertified driver i clicked it away... i just allowed w7 to install uncertified drivers - BUT doesn't matter how...
hi team, i just had a fresh install of MP 1.1.2 which works brilliant so far but minidisplay is giving me a headache with my...
hi team, i just had a fresh install of MP 1.1.2 which works brilliant so far but minidisplay is giving me a headache with my...
Replies
Views
AW: mce remote - controll mp without focus? lol, your mouse isnt working while mediaportal is running? Thats funny. but i dont have any idea whats happening there...you can try to disable all remote plugins and the message plugin if installed but better would be to write a new post in the right forum so that other peaple can help you
AW: mce remote - controll mp without focus? lol, your mouse isnt working while mediaportal is running? Thats funny. but i dont...
Hi, Because i have my LCD-tv as an extended monitor on my pc it happens that mp is not on focus, because i was doing something...
Replies
Views
In my experience: Older model Hauppauge (Win-TV Nova series) remotes Any Windows Media Centre compatible remote You'll need to select the right one in Configuration, but all the mapping is taken care of.
In my experience: Older model Hauppauge (Win-TV Nova series) remotes Any Windows Media Centre compatible remote You'll need...
As the questions says, are there any remotes that work with MP out the box? edit: available in the UK
Replies
Views
Hi all! I have HTPC in the case Zalman HD503 with IMON LCD from Soundgraph. Recently, native remote control IMON has broken. I want to buy URC8308, but whether it will work with my HTPC and mediaportal? p.s Sorry for my bad english :)
Hi all! I have HTPC in the case Zalman HD503 with IMON LCD from Soundgraph. Recently, native remote control IMON has broken. I...
Hi all! I have HTPC in the case Zalman HD503 with IMON LCD from Soundgraph. Recently, native remote control IMON has broken. I...
Replies
Views
I am having this same issue Windows XP HOME I finally just reinstalled drivers MCE REMOTE Everything worked fine.
I am having this same issue Windows XP HOME I finally just reinstalled drivers MCE REMOTE Everything worked fine.
Hi, I've got a MCE-Remote (the one on the left in MP Configuration, guess it is a pretty old one). With MP 1.0 everything...
Replies
Views
Hi Yes I would like some info on remote button mapping as well? as I would like to map my green button to 'start MP exe' to another button, so I can keep green button to start Windows Media Center exe, so I can go back & forth to either app, ie watch Blu-Ray in Win Media Center & to then be able to switch back to MP for everything...
Hi Yes I would like some info on remote button mapping as well? as I would like to map my green button to 'start MP exe' to...
I see there's a configuration area called "Mapping Buttons", but I can't find any documentation on it. There's a section in the...
Replies
Views
BUMP
BUMP
The sky navigation remote SKY NAVIGATOR REMOTE CONTROL KEYBOARD ***BRAND NEW*** on eBay (end time 14-Oct-09 19:20:24 BST)...
Replies
Views
How do you turn off the NumPad menu file autosearch function? It acts like some mobile phone address book list seeker or something. When I use the numpad on a keyboard as my controling input device, I set the keyboard shortcuts to map the numpad keys to up down select type movements etc.. but when I go into a menu, instead of...
How do you turn off the NumPad menu file autosearch function? It acts like some mobile phone address book list seeker or something...
How do you turn off the NumPad menu file autosearch function? It acts like some mobile phone address book list seeker or something...
Replies
Views
I've been using a much older version of MediaPortal and just upgraded to the latest. With little trouble, I got my generic remote working. I have no idea what the brand is. They sell them a lot on Ebay: PC Remote Control & Wireless Mice Windows MCE Vista XP - eBay (item 350174710323 end time Dec-26-10 03:16:50 PST) But for some...
I've been using a much older version of MediaPortal and just upgraded to the latest. With little trouble, I got my generic remote...
I've been using a much older version of MediaPortal and just upgraded to the latest. With little trouble, I got my generic remote...
Replies
Views
Re: How to set up keys on microsoft multimedia keyboard? Edit: All is now sorted thanks for replies. :)
Re: How to set up keys on microsoft multimedia keyboard? Edit: All is now sorted thanks for replies. :)
Sorry if this is a really noobish question but, how the hell do i set up the keys in mediaportal config? I go into config, tick to...
Replies
Views
Can no-one offer any advice?
Can no-one offer any advice?
Hi there - hope someone can help me with this as it is driving me bonkers. I have an mCubed HFX classic case that came with iMon...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom