Installation, configuration support (27 Viewers)

Having trouble installing or configuring MediaPortal?
Area: Media Portal Plugins MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 (2006-04-18) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.26GHz Memory: 766 MB...
Area: Media Portal Plugins MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 (2006-04-18) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Area: Media Portal Plugins MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 (2006-04-18) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 timeshifting DE
Problem is solved Thx
Problem is solved Thx
Problem to start tv in mediaportal. unable too start timeshifting tuning details not found. Please Help Log 2006-05-20...
Replies
Views
Hi all I am trying to setup Mediaportal with my Avermedia 2.0 USB card, which is getting signals from a set top box through composite. When I am using the applications that follows the drivers I am getting an alright image quality which flows with no interuptions. When I am setting this up in Mediaportal however I am...
Hi all I am trying to setup Mediaportal with my Avermedia 2.0 USB card, which is getting signals from a set top box through...
Hi all I am trying to setup Mediaportal with my Avermedia 2.0 USB card, which is getting signals from a set top box through...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the remark. I have seen that in both rc4 and rc3 but still no luck in getting AC3 playing on spdif out. In both RC3 and RC4 the decoders are windvd7 based and i am using windvd 6 decoders may be that's the problem?
Thanks for the remark. I have seen that in both rc4 and rc3 but still no luck in getting AC3 playing on spdif out. In both RC3...
I have installed mediaportal and want to use the intervideo video and sound codecs. However, i do not get ac3 sound out of the...
Replies
Views
Thanks. And what version of ffdshow would be the most appropriate to use? Vlc is by far my all-time favourite player, but when i tried to use it in MP i couldn't use the remote to fast forward or rewind. Nor could i exit the player without using my keyboard instead of my remote. Any idea how to get pass those issues?
Thanks. And what version of ffdshow would be the most appropriate to use? Vlc is by far my all-time favourite player, but when i...
Hi, I'm setting up Media Portal with a clean install for like the third time in a few days, and this time I really want to get...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the reply. However, it ONLY happens when I try to remove Media Portal. I re-installed RC4 last night and everything seems ok so far. Thx. John
Thanks for the reply. However, it ONLY happens when I try to remove Media Portal. I re-installed RC4 last night and everything...
To All: Area: Media Portal Program / Media Portal Documentation / Media Portal Skin / Plugins / Other MP Version: 0.2.0 RC2/4...
Replies
Views
Yes I found a link to RC2 yesterday and people mentioned also in the comments section that it was a very stable version so I downloaded it and installed it and worked I did also mention in my first post that at a certin point that it crasches on my system, but with version RC2 everything worked So I willl stay with RC2 for...
Yes I found a link to RC2 yesterday and people mentioned also in the comments section that it was a very stable version so I...
Hi Folks Im new to media portal have had been using Windows Media Center without any problems till I saw media portal in...
Replies
Views
James, you are correct. The interface is functioning OK, but it's really slow. I'll be adding more RAM today.
James, you are correct. The interface is functioning OK, but it's really slow. I'll be adding more RAM today.
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 2.0 RC4 Skin: Any of the bundled, it does not matter Windows Version: Windows MCE, SP2...
Replies
Views
I saw people talking about mediaportal in the rage forums and thought I'd give this a whirl since I HATE HATE HATE ATI's software... Area: Baltimore, MD MP Version: MediaPortal Release 0.1.3.0 Skin: OEM blue Windows Version: WIN XP SP2 with all updates CPU Type: AMD Athlon 2400+ Memory: 1.5gig CORSAIR XMS Motherboard...
I saw people talking about mediaportal in the rage forums and thought I'd give this a whirl since I HATE HATE HATE ATI's...
I saw people talking about mediaportal in the rage forums and thought I'd give this a whirl since I HATE HATE HATE ATI's...
Replies
Views
hi devs would it be possible to run the setup silent through the msi file and to change the installation path with the help of MSIproperties? i often have to reinstall my pc, so i want to install mp silent into "..\program file\MediaPortal". for example Paint.NET uses the property "TARGETDIR=C:\Program Files\MediaPortal" to...
hi devs would it be possible to run the setup silent through the msi file and to change the installation path with the help of...
hi devs would it be possible to run the setup silent through the msi file and to change the installation path with the help of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Installation issue DE
Try to reinstall rc4 and then uninstall it the proper way. If that doesn't work go to add remove programms and choose to repair mediaportal it will ask for the setup files from rc4 and then it will be reinstalled. Next thing would be to search the internet on how to remove items from the add remove programs program The database...
Try to reinstall rc4 and then uninstall it the proper way. If that doesn't work go to add remove programms and choose to repair...
MediaPortal Version: - MediaPortal Skin: - Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Autotuning DE
Im using a DTV card Thanks Tom :-)
Im using a DTV card Thanks Tom :-)
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 (2006-05-24) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
Hi, Please fill in the support template when posting in one of the forum support sections. Please verify the existence of the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95} If it does not exist then there must be something wrong with your...
Hi, Please fill in the support template when posting in one of the forum support sections. Please verify the existence of the...
After installing .net Windows installer 3.1 etc I then try to power up MediaPortal which immediately tells me that it needs...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Powerdvd 7 issues DE
I also have this. It should be bcause of the different naming of powerdvd 7 and 6. I've done the settings in the powerdvd setup, but I don't know if that really works.
I also have this. It should be bcause of the different naming of powerdvd 7 and 6. I've done the settings in the powerdvd setup...
Hi, I have just installed the latest version of PowerDVD: powerdvd 7. Although the filters appear in my tv, my videos and so...
Replies
Views
Yes, I'm using DVD Navigator as it's my only choice.
Yes, I'm using DVD Navigator as it's my only choice.
First off, I'd like to say thank you to the MediaPortal folks. I've had a look at several other offerings and MP impresses me the...
Replies
Views
found some solutions Quality of video increased by using Dscaler Mpeg2 Video decoder, thanks to aasmund Nordal Problem with sound solved by using PCM audio decoder Wil
found some solutions Quality of video increased by using Dscaler Mpeg2 Video decoder, thanks to aasmund Nordal Problem with...
Details of environment: Area: Installation support Computer: MEDION 8800 MP Version: 0.2.0.0_RC4 Skin: MCE Windows XP pro...
Replies
Views
Scanning for the available DBV-T channels in Munich, using the Germany - All Areas profile ended with just 9 of 23 Channels found. Even rescanning another 3 times didn't improve the result. Extracting the proper frequency settings from the Cinergy 1400 config, changing them to fit into the dvbt.xml and pasting them there fixed that...
Scanning for the available DBV-T channels in Munich, using the Germany - All Areas profile ended with just 9 of 23 Channels found...
Scanning for the available DBV-T channels in Munich, using the Germany - All Areas profile ended with just 9 of 23 Channels found...
Replies
Views
solved - database folder Just deleted files from the "database" folder and its working. Though now I've got the problem of programing crashing when I try to resize. Oh well!
solved - database folder Just deleted files from the "database" folder and its working. Though now I've got the problem of...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 (2006-04-18) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
My stuttering caused by a weak signal I have now got rid of the stuttering tv once and for all. It was caused by a weak tv signal. I started thinking about that when I discovered that it only occured on one of the channels (TV4 in Sweden). That channels has always had a weak signal and has been sensitive. I replaced the antenna cable...
My stuttering caused by a weak signal I have now got rid of the stuttering tv once and for all. It was caused by a weak tv signal...
Area: Media Portal TV MP Version: 2.0 RC2 CVS 26 Feb 2006 01:01 Skin: Bluetwo Windows Version: XP SP2 CPU Type: A64 3200+...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: MediaPortal_0.2_RC4 Skin: Default Windows Version: Windows Media Centre Edition 2005 incl. SP2 and Rollup 2 CPU Type: Intel Pentium 2.4 GHz Memory: 1.5 GB DDR 3200 Motherboard Chipset: Asus P4P8T Video Card: Intel Onboard Graphics Video Card Driver: Intel Extreme Graphics 2 driver...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: MediaPortal_0.2_RC4 Skin: Default Windows Version: Windows Media Centre Edition 2005...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: MediaPortal_0.2_RC4 Skin: Default Windows Version: Windows Media Centre Edition 2005...
Replies
Views
Hi, Are you running MP with sufficient rights (i.e. Administrator)? If you do, you might want to look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;915415&sd=rss&spid=3198 Kind regards, Michel
Hi, Are you running MP with sufficient rights (i.e. Administrator)? If you do, you might want to look at this...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC3 (2006-03-18) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
ok, thank you
ok, thank you
Hello, I am trying to follow the installation troubleshooting announcement and it makes references to settings that don't match...
Replies
Views
ATI All In Wonder 9800 card Hi. I have a ATI All In Wonder 9800 card and this is working perfect with MediaPortal 0.2.0.0 RC4 and latest SVN. The only thing is that I have to use Catalyst 6.2 and 9-13_encoder. If I use Catalyst 6.3 or 6.4 ,there is black tv screen. I have change pin output and got grafedit to look as it...
ATI All In Wonder 9800 card Hi. I have a ATI All In Wonder 9800 card and this is working perfect with MediaPortal 0.2.0.0 RC4 and...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET...
Replies
Views
One more thing, the files were recorded from a different app -- Meedio, Once I get my tv working perhaps I'll try playback of a MP created file.
One more thing, the files were recorded from a different app -- Meedio, Once I get my tv working perhaps I'll try playback of a...
Perhaps a Setup Issue? when trying to play back a dvr-ms format file. the video runs at 4x or so of normal speed, loud static is...
Replies
Views
OKE thanks
OKE thanks
Good evening.Again compliments for that good work. But..got a problem lately. SVN for last 3 days seems change some codecs and...
Replies
Views
Well - sorry folks I have given up trying to get MP to work with a sky stb. Can't even get a tv signal after weeks of trying. Never even got a reply (other than commiseration) in the forum. Sooooo disappointed as I really wanted to move from MCE to MP. In desparation, I tried GBPVR and - guess what - they have a specific plugin...
Well - sorry folks I have given up trying to get MP to work with a sky stb. Can't even get a tv signal after weeks of trying...
Well - sorry folks I have given up trying to get MP to work with a sky stb. Can't even get a tv signal after weeks of trying...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV Channel one off DE
Hi, Configure->Television->Uncheck "Select channel by index (non US)" Or make a search for unlogical channel numbering. ;) HTH, Flip.
Hi, Configure->Television->Uncheck "Select channel by index (non US)" Or make a search for unlogical channel numbering. ;)...
Hi guys, I've got MP all setup now and it is working great except for one problem. When I trie to type in a channel manually it...
Replies
Views
Thanks Dave. Actually, I had found that thread but nothing in it helps my cause. I tried what it suggested but zilch!! I think the installed base for MP is actually very small - certainly in and around the UK - otherwise there would be something on the net. I even googled the net more generally and there is tons of stuff for...
Thanks Dave. Actually, I had found that thread but nothing in it helps my cause. I tried what it suggested but zilch!! I think...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 (2006-04-1 MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help with TV Please DE
NLS you are correct, The panel is 1366x768, but supports a pc resolution of 1360x768 according to the manual which is what it is set to. Its looking fine, its just the TV, I have tried every codec combination I . Some dont work at all, most give an unwatchable picture. Anyone know what codecs to use with the Nebula PCI card...
NLS you are correct, The panel is 1366x768, but supports a pc resolution of 1360x768 according to the manual which is what it is...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 (2006-04-18) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
Thanks, guys! I'll try to omplement your recomendations right now. But first, I'll try to change connection type to antena or S-Video in order to isolate the problem. Anyway, my Cable Box is Samsung DCATV2100RC, and I'll switch channels on it through IR Blaster, as soon as I figure our the codes :roll:
Thanks, guys! I'll try to omplement your recomendations right now. But first, I'll try to change connection type to antena or...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 (2006-04-18) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom