Mainboards / CPU / RAM (9 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
I don't think it's worth it yet. You get only 4 channels in HD. In my opinion, you only get extra interactivity and I don't need that. + There are no 'extra channels' I realy like. I'm pretty happy with the analog channels.
I don't think it's worth it yet. You get only 4 channels in HD. In my opinion, you only get extra interactivity and I don't need...
Hi all, My first time asking a question on this forum (and believe me, it won’t be the last) I want to build my own htpc but...
Replies
Views
Sorry, I thought about that afterwards - it is more a video card question than a motherboard question, so I posted it there. But it is also somewhat related to this thread. Anyways, thanks for all your help!
Sorry, I thought about that afterwards - it is more a video card question than a motherboard question, so I posted it there. But it...
Hi! I have the following components: GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD PHENOM TRIPLE-CORE 2.4 GHZ OCZ TECH OCZ Gold XTC 4096MB DDR2...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 GA-MA78GM-S2H and DXVA (1 Viewer) DE
Harr harr ... first post covers it :P
Harr harr ... first post covers it :P
Hi Folks, I have a MB GA-MA78GM-S2H and it seems like I cannot get Hardware acceleration to work. Can any of you fine people...
Replies
Views
Eh oh no... no offense, fun only... the brush thing has make me laugh ;) I agree that ati was way better before AMD, especially those times back where the R-thing wasen't Radeon, but Rage/-Pro :D But VIA was always a mess with, since back around 1998 already, nothing changed so far. And AMD... aehm, there was some good things, but...
Eh oh no... no offense, fun only... the brush thing has make me laugh ;) I agree that ati was way better before AMD, especially...
Does MediaPortal benefit from a quad core CPU (when just watching videos), or is a higher clock dual core CPU a better option...
Replies
Views
Thanks! Exactly what I needed....
Thanks! Exactly what I needed....
I've got an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Mobo with a 2.1GHz cpu and 3Gb Ram. It has 2 Lan connectors. Currently, I'm using only one...
Replies
Views
AW: Does AM3 CPU work on a AM2+ motherboard? Hi, it is always good to consult the manual or vendor provided CPU compatibility list. GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev.1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - CPU Support List AMD Athlon II X4 600e appears to be listed. Check the BIOS version.
AW: Does AM3 CPU work on a AM2+ motherboard? Hi, it is always good to consult the manual or vendor provided CPU compatibility...
I've got a Gigabyte MA-78GM-S2H (AM2+ Mainboard) and I'd like to upgrade my dualcore processor to a quadcore. I'd prefer a 45W...
Replies
Views
If the System just does nothing, it might be a wrong type of Memory you've plugged into it. (Note: not all DDR3 Memory make the board run. Try a different vendor) If the Memory fits, you just Need to press the power-btn and should see at least the splash Screen of BIOS. The DN2800MT is for sure not the righ choice for HD playback...
If the System just does nothing, it might be a wrong type of Memory you've plugged into it. (Note: not all DDR3 Memory make the...
Hi guys, had a try with the forum search, but no Hits. Has no body (long-term) experience with the DN2800MT from Intel (Atom...
Replies
Views
There is a multithreaded version of the xvid codec around, which uses all 4 cores on my Q6600 as does rmvb encoding.
There is a multithreaded version of the xvid codec around, which uses all 4 cores on my Q6600 as does rmvb encoding.
As the title says - dual core, or a faster single core? i.e. is MP or the any of the common codecs multithreaded, do they take...
Replies
Views
One more question: From the AMD technical paper: ALL the Athlon 64 with the same core do have the same lowest state power consumption (22W) and the same highest state consumption of 89W. So that means that my 2800+ uses 89W @ 1800Mhz. If I look at a 3200+ which has a higher max state and in addition has several...
One more question: From the AMD technical paper: ALL the Athlon 64 with the same core do have the same lowest state power...
What CPU fits best with a HTPC (specially Media Portal)?! I am going to buy a new AMD board and struggling between the many...
Replies
Views
Try using RMClock. There are different profiles used by the program. Performance on Demand is Cool 'n' Quiet. Then you can select a Performance/Power Saving Preference. Setting this to Power Saving Level 4 could perhaps help to avoid your spiking problem. Current official version of RMClock is 2.05. In the Forum you will find...
Try using RMClock. There are different profiles used by the program. Performance on Demand is Cool 'n' Quiet. Then you can...
I saw 0.2RC4 spiking.. at least when recording a movie. When I tried to setup CrystalCPU to benefit from Cool and Quite I have...
Replies
Views
How much CPU power do I need to stream TS or 720p mp4 to iPad while watching TS or 720p mp4 with MediaPortal. I'd use iPimp or MPExtended. Anyone doing this? Please help.Maybe CPU is irrelevant as there is Airvideo.. Right? :whistle:
How much CPU power do I need to stream TS or 720p mp4 to iPad while watching TS or 720p mp4 with MediaPortal. I'd use iPimp or...
Hi! Posted same kind of message to other area but this concerns just CPU. I need to watch one and record 12 SD channels...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CPU Choice DE
For the last 3 weeks i am trying the MP Server. Test System is a Intel 700Mhz and is having problems when both tuners on de PVR500 are working. Whit one tuner on it works good. (A lot better then my two MCE2005 systems both have a PVR500). At the moment i have already a server in my network (Have 2X Athlon 1600). so i want to...
For the last 3 weeks i am trying the MP Server. Test System is a Intel 700Mhz and is having problems when both tuners on de PVR500...
For the last 3 weeks i am trying the MP Server. Test System is a Intel 700Mhz and is having problems when both tuners on de PVR500...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CPU choice DE
Remember that Intel CPU in general uses more power than AMD (hence develpo more heat -> more noise), and that AMD has Cool 'n Quiet functions. My rec.: Budget: Sempron w/CnQ (s754) Main: AMD64 3000+/3200+ (s939) perf. on a nForce 430 mobo (w/6150GFX) To much money: PentiumM My main rec. in bold text.
Remember that Intel CPU in general uses more power than AMD (hence develpo more heat -> more noise), and that AMD has Cool 'n Quiet...
well I am currently running media portal on a AMD sempron 2400 (pretty old). I am only using it for eveything but live tv so...
Replies
Views
You don't need to buy such gaming hardware. I am using an Athlon64 X2 4200+ with 2GB and an ATI 2400Pro and It plays 1080p over HDMI with CPU usage the most time at 35%. You don't need faster hardware, but you should use a codec with hardware capability. The bigger GPUs do the same acceleration in the same speed, don't they? They...
You don't need to buy such gaming hardware. I am using an Athlon64 X2 4200+ with 2GB and an ATI 2400Pro and It plays 1080p over...
Hi. Yesterday i upgraded my TV card and got a nice Floppy DVB-S2. I works fine but as i suspected i got some problems with my...
Replies
Views
Did not build an AMD APU system yet but they seem to suit the needs of a HTPC quite well. I hope the desktop trinity models become more readily available soon. The A10 seems to be a good performer, maybe overkill for a HTPC.
Did not build an AMD APU system yet but they seem to suit the needs of a HTPC quite well. I hope the desktop trinity models become...
Hello everyone, So I am putting together a new TV Server and client running HD content. I have always used AMD processors...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CPU DE
WishyWashy's suggestion to go for a Thunderbird 1.4Ghz is not such a good choice, since that is one of the most heat producing AMD cores. :o 1.4 Ghz should suffice though
WishyWashy's suggestion to go for a Thunderbird 1.4Ghz is not such a good choice, since that is one of the most heat producing AMD...
Which CPU is recommend for MP? I am thinking about a Athlon 64. Or is the performance of a AMD Semperon god enough for MP?
Replies
Views
Thanks guys, I'm glad I asked now. The board is the Asus M4A785TD-M EVO, and it does indeed have ATI onboard graphics (Radeon HD 4200), so that's something I'll have to look into. Don't plan on doing much encoding on that machine. I do want to upscale SD video/DVDs and TV channels though. I also just saw that ffdshow has a new...
Thanks guys, I'm glad I asked now. The board is the Asus M4A785TD-M EVO, and it does indeed have ATI onboard graphics (Radeon HD...
Hi folks, simple question - which is better for MP use, more cores or more clock speed? I currently have a socket AM2 Athlon 2.6GHz...
Replies
Views
Check this out. All your questions answered: Guide to Building a HD HTPC - Page 472 - AVS Forum
Check this out. All your questions answered: Guide to Building a HD HTPC - Page 472 - AVS Forum
I've been an AMD guy for about 15 years and I've been happy enough with their stuff, but in doing some research it seems to me that...
Replies
Views
joostzilla
J
RGsB -> Sync On Green YUV / YPbPr -> Component or use S-video ->Y-C All of the above can be connected to Scart and are beter quality than Composite Video (Yellow Cinch) I'd go with S-Video or stay on DataLevel with VGA (RGBHV)
RGsB -> Sync On Green YUV / YPbPr -> Component or use S-video ->Y-C All of the above can be connected to Scart and are beter...
Hello, I'm in the process of building a 2U Media Server. Does anyone have a recommendation for a motherboard that supports...
Replies
Views
I've got a Compaq V5000 with busted hinges that I figured I'd rehabilitate into a media device. I've got a USB IR receiver but can't get it to bring the laptop out of standby. The option is grayed out in power management. The only options I have are wake on lan, touchpad, or keyboard. The phoenix bios has no option for "wake on...
I've got a Compaq V5000 with busted hinges that I figured I'd rehabilitate into a media device. I've got a USB IR receiver but...
I've got a Compaq V5000 with busted hinges that I figured I'd rehabilitate into a media device. I've got a USB IR receiver but...
Replies
Views
antec 2480 my mistake. only recommend bc it is cheap and included psu.click nz wiki in my sig goto hardware bit that is what i recommend. its fast cheap best value.ps. they are nz price. if u want power efficency then need gold psu. the i3 3225 uses 10w less but cpu and mobo will cost more than amd.
antec 2480 my mistake. only recommend bc it is cheap and included psu.click nz wiki in my sig goto hardware bit that is what i...
Hi all I'm very new (2 days) to having media portal running on my current tower machine and I must say I like it the overall...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Choice of CPU... DE
Hmmm, not being rude, but the mobo (being cheap as in inexpensive) has proven itself to be quite reliable and stable with a decent overclock.
Hmmm, not being rude, but the mobo (being cheap as in inexpensive) has proven itself to be quite reliable and stable with a decent...
Hey guys, I got lucky and bought an opteron 150 (2.4ghz, 1mb cache) for a fraction of its price (85$ US). Now, I started...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Choice of CPU , Mobo and OS (1 Viewer) DE
Well Ive just put in an order for ASUS M3N-H/HDMI GeForce 8300 with an 4850e Its ATX (though most of the adds wrongly mark it matx) and has the 3PCI slots that I might need. At a pinch I could have got away with the 2 PCI slots, but this gives me more choices for the future, and in anycase I have moved to an Antec 300 midi tower...
Well Ive just put in an order for ASUS M3N-H/HDMI GeForce 8300 with an 4850e Its ATX (though most of the adds wrongly mark it...
I have been working with MP for about a year now, with a 1.8G Athlon and NVidia 7600GS card with Vista and would like to upgrade my...
Replies
Views
I'd repurposed a Feb 2008 ECS AMD690GM-M2 AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard & AMD Athlon 64 LE-1600 2.2GHz Socket AM2 45W Single-Core Processor w/ 1x2GB RAM build to run MP 1.2.2 client using HD6450 video card. Seems to run fine on .mkv but tends to drop frames on .ts recorded and live TV mpeg2 material. It's go Win 7 32-bit...
I'd repurposed a Feb 2008 ECS AMD690GM-M2 AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard & AMD Athlon 64 LE-1600 2.2GHz Socket AM2 45W...
Hi i am having problems with trying to view Tv from the server with the above cpu Mp runs okay till i select a tv channel to watch...
Replies
Views
I'm thinking the new DFI board isn't shipping yet. At least none of the sources I checked have it yet. I've been buying DFI boards for at least 10 years. Long before they added the flashy stuff and became so expensive. They have always been very reliable and stable. Only one died and that's because the power supply killed it...
I'm thinking the new DFI board isn't shipping yet. At least none of the sources I checked have it yet. I've been buying DFI...
Hi, I've been doing a lot of research on a motherboard to use for a HTPC, and I really like the nForce430 motherboards with...
Replies
Views
What are you going to do for input? You'll need an encoder card to pull in at least one video signal. And with a lower end CPU like that you will need something with hardware encoding like a PVR-150. I started out like you with an older P4 2.4GHz machine. I knew I needed to spend the money on the encoder card($90). But once I...
What are you going to do for input? You'll need an encoder card to pull in at least one video signal. And with a lower end CPU...
I'm trying to build a media center with the old computer parts that I have, but I still need a decent CPU, and I don't know if my...
Replies
Views
I've got a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P mboard with onboard HD 7.1 audio outputs. I have a Geforce-based HDMI graphics card that outputs audio and video goes to my TV. I seem to be able to enable audio on either one output or the other, but not both at the same time. Does anyone know how to do this? It would be really useful to be able to...
I've got a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P mboard with onboard HD 7.1 audio outputs. I have a Geforce-based HDMI graphics card that outputs...
I've got a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P mboard with onboard HD 7.1 audio outputs. I have a Geforce-based HDMI graphics card that outputs...
Replies
Views
Check this one: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/380 I had one. It has it's own cooler. I used it with a Core Solo mobile CPU (T1300) and it was completely noiseless. The disadvantage is that you can use only HDMI displays. CRT is not supported, because it doesn't have S- or composite video out and a VGA to SCART is also...
Check this one: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/380 I had one. It has it's own cooler. I used it with a Core Solo mobile CPU...
Hi Folks, I am ramping up to buy a HTPC and run mediaportal :) - I am considering buying a Core2Duo Mobile (the Merom range)...
Replies
Views
I use geeks for their occasionally good sale items, I bought a USB to IDE adapter there for 10 dollars a couple of months ago, included a psu too. But for major items I prefer Newegg. They also have an extensive review system for most of their items and after reading a few of them you can quickly get the drift of other users...
I use geeks for their occasionally good sale items, I bought a USB to IDE adapter there for 10 dollars a couple of months ago...
This is the first HTPC i've ever built, It's gonna be a full sized computer. I need to know what motherboard/cpu I should get for...
Replies
Views
Yes, thank you very much indeed! I thought the Celeron would be slower, but I guess I'm proven wrong. http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1306014-FO-GESAMTERG03 And to top it of, the Celeron MOBO is way cheaper :D
Yes, thank you very much indeed! I thought the Celeron would be slower, but I guess I'm proven wrong...
your opinions on the following scenarios would be greatly appreciated! I want to install a multiseat system in our new home; We're...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom