General Support (81 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
MP1 MP2 Browsing Music DE
Hi, Disclaimer: I am a complete n00b when it comes to Media Portal (well, I've installed it, and played with it for a while). I have been an MCE user for a couple of years now. I was browsing my music, and the way I prefer it is the following: By Genre, then Artist, then Album. MCE just allows Genre then Album, which is a bit...
Hi, Disclaimer: I am a complete n00b when it comes to Media Portal (well, I've installed it, and played with it for a while). I...
Hi, Disclaimer: I am a complete n00b when it comes to Media Portal (well, I've installed it, and played with it for a while). I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Non-shoutcast radio DE
Is MEDIAPORTAL or a plugin for MADIAPORTAL supports other protocols than shoutcast ? Most existing commercial radios that broadcast on the net uses a FLASH player to do so. This system seems to be used very often: http://www.streamtheworld.com/ Bye!
Is MEDIAPORTAL or a plugin for MADIAPORTAL supports other protocols than shoutcast ? Most existing commercial radios that...
Is MEDIAPORTAL or a plugin for MADIAPORTAL supports other protocols than shoutcast ? Most existing commercial radios that...
Replies
Views
Just got the radio logos working but I got just one question. In my case the radio screens don't show any content. The screen is just scrolling logo to black to logo to black etc etc.... It's a distraction if the TV is turned on and becomes after a while annoying. Is it possible to stop the scrolling of the radio logo's in the...
Just got the radio logos working but I got just one question. In my case the radio screens don't show any content. The screen...
Just got the radio logos working but I got just one question. In my case the radio screens don't show any content. The screen...
Replies
Views
thanks for the heads up flip... bug report complete :)
thanks for the heads up flip... bug report complete :)
I have the fusion5 gold atsc (usa) tuner card and up until the .2rc1 11-21 14-05 cvs it worked (live tv only of course) - anyway...
Replies
Views
Hi Elconejito, In DivX6.0 Main I selected Encode mode 1-pass, 4000kbit/s. In Codec I selected Fastes with maximum keyframe interval 5 frames. In Video I selected Custom Resize, 640x480, Resize Filter Billinear, Noise reduction normal, Interlace progressive source. With this setup I get an acceptable quality but the recording...
Hi Elconejito, In DivX6.0 Main I selected Encode mode 1-pass, 4000kbit/s. In Codec I selected Fastes with maximum keyframe...
Greetings; I'm new to this product so go easy on me:) I am running 2.0 RC1 witha Hauppage WinTV card (S/W Encoding) My CPU is...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a silver remote control that came along my PC with a TV/FM card from Asus. It works fine with Intervideo HomeTheater, but that is a crappy program. I have tried to get it to work in Media Portal, but can't configure it. Dont know if to use Hauppauge / FireDTV / USBUIRT / some othe configuration page. Have searched the...
Hi. I have a silver remote control that came along my PC with a TV/FM card from Asus. It works fine with Intervideo HomeTheater...
Hi. I have a silver remote control that came along my PC with a TV/FM card from Asus. It works fine with Intervideo HomeTheater...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV has no sound DE
Partial solution Hi - If the problem is not solved using the above solution you could be have the same problem that I'm having. In my case it appears that only the terratec program activates the tv sound. So a quick solution is to start that program up and then shut it down with the "mute on close" ticked off. Good luck...
Partial solution Hi - If the problem is not solved using the above solution you could be have the same problem that I'm...
Hi, I have an old analoge TV card (terratec terra tv value radio). everything works fine wihtin mediportal exept the sound...
Replies
Views
By starting a command prompt in the same folder and doing the following: mptray /register:user the application will start when Windows starts.
By starting a command prompt in the same folder and doing the following: mptray /register:user the application will start...
Hi This is either a Hardware or a Software Issue, depending on the Answers I get, so I couldn't really decide with forum is the...
Replies
Views
I was trying to use the wizards, everything went smoothly. I deleted the folders I did not want loaded and added the ones I wanted. Set the default and ended. Then I go into any of the categories and nothing has changed. Any idea what I may have done wrong? I tried restartingt he application but and redoing the wizards and same thang...
I was trying to use the wizards, everything went smoothly. I deleted the folders I did not want loaded and added the ones I wanted...
I was trying to use the wizards, everything went smoothly. I deleted the folders I did not want loaded and added the ones I wanted...
Replies
Views
Hey I got the latest CVS working perfectly! I noticed that the CVS configuration only has VMR7 and VMR9, which sets the VMR9 option to 0 or 1 in the mediaportal.xml file under the MyTV section. The RC1 has 3 settings, Overlay, VMR9 Windowless, and VMR9 Renderless, which sets the option to 0, 1 or 2. So, I set the VMR9...
Hey I got the latest CVS working perfectly! I noticed that the CVS configuration only has VMR7 and VMR9, which sets the VMR9...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-11-24) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
I recently bought the Haupagge PVR-150 and it came bundled with an IR-Blaster. I am able to change the channels using Hauppages included PVR software, but when I try to change channels in MediaPortal I get nothing but static. I've searched through the Wiki and the documentation and have found nothing. If I disconnect the digital...
I recently bought the Haupagge PVR-150 and it came bundled with an IR-Blaster. I am able to change the channels using Hauppages...
I recently bought the Haupagge PVR-150 and it came bundled with an IR-Blaster. I am able to change the channels using Hauppages...
Replies
Views
Have you updated to the latest CVS version? If not, that's why you don't see the web browser as it's been added since the 0.2.0 pre release.
Have you updated to the latest CVS version? If not, that's why you don't see the web browser as it's been added since the 0.2.0...
I am new to Media Portal which looks really good. I have downloaded it and it seems to be running fine on my PC but I can't see...
Replies
Views
Hi, did you install the BDA drivers for your NOVA card? Flip PS: We have a very nice tool to fillout the support template... ;)
Hi, did you install the BDA drivers for your NOVA card? Flip PS: We have a very nice tool to fillout the support...
I just purchased a WinTV NOVA-CI-S today. Had som IRQ problems at first so XP didn't detect the card. But Hauppauge's own...
Replies
Views
Hello, I use Media portal 0.2 RC1 and i like it :D I buy an ATI remote and i use RWKeyFactory plugin to use with MP :) I don't success to use my ATI remote with MAME. When i launch a game with MAME in myprogram menu, i can play with my keyboard but not with my ATI remote . I don't understand why cause RWKeyFactory...
Hello, I use Media portal 0.2 RC1 and i like it :D I buy an ATI remote and i use RWKeyFactory plugin to use with MP :) I...
Hello, I use Media portal 0.2 RC1 and i like it :D I buy an ATI remote and i use RWKeyFactory plugin to use with MP :) I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 black TV screen DE
I made the following logs: - with OVERLAY selected: The monitor shows MP in a window with a video image; On the TV-set I see alternating MP in full screen and the video image in full screen. It looks like both are competing for the overlay. logs: http://members.chello.nl/h.deleeuw/capture_overlay.log...
I made the following logs: - with OVERLAY selected: The monitor shows MP in a window with a video image; On the TV-set I see...
Area: Media Portal Program setup MP Version: 0.2.0.RC1 Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP SP2 CPU Type: Intel 3.066 GHz...
Replies
Views
I can confirm that for DVB-S. There is no connection between Microsoft DVB-S Network Provider and my Hauppauge Nova-S.
I can confirm that for DVB-S. There is no connection between Microsoft DVB-S Network Provider and my Hauppauge Nova-S.
Area: Media Portal TV MP Version: CVS since about 18/11 Skin: Blue Two Windows Version: XP SP2 CPU Type: P4 3ghtz Memory: Igig...
Replies
Views
Can you "see" the files? Else you may want to add .aac to the extensions list. (MP setup -> Music -> Music Extensions and add .aac
Can you "see" the files? Else you may want to add .aac to the extensions list. (MP setup -> Music -> Music Extensions and add .aac
I cannot seem to play my itunes music files aac encoded in media porta. Latest version of MP and itunes. Any can point me in...
Replies
Views
Ok, so it seems like this isue is not related to the one I have, but I think windows is fucked up on my mashine so I think I need a reinstallation of that when I can find some time... R / tk
Ok, so it seems like this isue is not related to the one I have, but I think windows is fucked up on my mashine so I think I need a...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.1.3 and 0.2.0 Skin: none..MP never loads Windows Version: Windows XP SP2 CPU Type...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I have a IR-Remote of the Create Sound-blaster platinum ex (RM-1000). Does MP support this remote or can I install a plugin to navigate by this remote? Thanks! :-) Your Nova
Hi Guys, I have a IR-Remote of the Create Sound-blaster platinum ex (RM-1000). Does MP support this remote or can I install a...
Hi Guys, I have a IR-Remote of the Create Sound-blaster platinum ex (RM-1000). Does MP support this remote or can I install a...
Replies
Views
Wel,l I have used the IR receiver from www.ir-shop.de. This site doesn't exist any more, but any IR (not IRDA) reciever that works with girder would do. Logitech Harmony remote control works with girder (and MP) wery well, although you need to invest some time to install them. More simple solution would be MCE remote control (you...
Wel,l I have used the IR receiver from www.ir-shop.de. This site doesn't exist any more, but any IR (not IRDA) reciever that works...
I am in the process of rounding up all the parts I need to build an HTPC. I plan on using MP as the interface and have a couple...
Replies
Views
Hi, you are right. Was more or less a guess from my side. I am not at my HTPC currently. ;) :arrow: /Team Media Portal/MediaPortal/thumbs/radio/ :!: Thanx, Flip.
Hi, you are right. Was more or less a guess from my side. I am not at my HTPC currently. ;) :arrow: /Team Media...
Hi! What do I need to do to see the radio logo from the radio i play from? I have the logos and the radistations, but no...
Replies
Views
I've had the same problem, although my FlyDVB-T card in another box still works perfectly. :? Anyhow, the reason the TechnoTrend / Hauppauge DVB-T card doesn't work is because a new Interop.TunerLib.dll file with date 21/11/2005 has been updated into the CVS. You need to copy the old Interop.TunerLib.dll dated 01/01/2005 from...
I've had the same problem, although my FlyDVB-T card in another box still works perfectly. :? Anyhow, the reason the...
Hi, with the CVS last few days i see only a black screen on tv with Technotrend DVB-T Low buget. Has anywhere the same problem?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Subtitle help DE
I would also like to be able to do that. On similar subject, I played an AVI video file that had 2 audio tracks. In MP, the 2 tracks were playing simultaneously (pretty annoying!) but with other players, I could select the one desired. At least, I would expect MP to play only one. I guess that is something with DIVX format and...
I would also like to be able to do that. On similar subject, I played an AVI video file that had 2 audio tracks. In MP, the 2...
Hi all Couldnt find any info on this one, I have a .avi file that has Subs in Russian and English. I can select the english subs...
Replies
Views
Hello, when I let my mediaportal run and after 10 minutes of ideling it changes to standby it wakes up for my recordings. After the recording it goes back to standby - and everything is fine.... But if I use the "turn off" Button on my remote and the mediaportal goes to standy it will never wake up for any recordings or...
Hello, when I let my mediaportal run and after 10 minutes of ideling it changes to standby it wakes up for my recordings. After...
Hello, when I let my mediaportal run and after 10 minutes of ideling it changes to standby it wakes up for my recordings. After...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the delay in posting back - that worked a treat anyway, just what I was looking for.
Sorry for the delay in posting back - that worked a treat anyway, just what I was looking for.
Hi, I want to make a button on my remote do just what one of the switches does at the top of the Blue Two skin: make the whole...
Replies
Views
S
MP1 MP2 Slowness generally DE
I am also having performance problems. Not quite as bad as in this thread, but recording and, really anything that I try to do when the TV is on becomes unreal slow. Please let me know if you see anything in my config that could be a problem. Computer: Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS...
I am also having performance problems. Not quite as bad as in this thread, but recording and, really anything that I try to do...
I have just started using Media Portal and was very surprised at the slowness generally. Obviously there is either something off...
2 3
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 I cant login to msn DE
It works now. My fault, sorry :shock:
It works now. My fault, sorry :shock:
Hi! When I try to login to msn on MP, i get the message "you must configure this module". What do I do? Any tips?
Replies
Views
Thank you, it could be that. Actualy, i tried some CVS updates in the past, but it always had some problems, tipicaly there was no picture from tv card at all. So I'll wait for RC2. About my hardware it is underpowerd a lot, I know, but it has one big advantage since it serves me only for htpc purposes - it's fanless :-). However I...
Thank you, it could be that. Actualy, i tried some CVS updates in the past, but it always had some problems, tipicaly there was no...
Area: Media Portal Progrogram MP Version: 0.2RC1 Skin: MCE Windows Version: XP_SP2 CPU Type: Pentium III 866MHz Memory...
Replies
Views
How can i use Winamp for Radio stations.. i've allready set-up the plugin, and MP3's are playing thru WInamp, but Radio Streams not (.PLS) Only Windows Media Using version 0.2RC1
How can i use Winamp for Radio stations.. i've allready set-up the plugin, and MP3's are playing thru WInamp, but Radio Streams not...
How can i use Winamp for Radio stations.. i've allready set-up the plugin, and MP3's are playing thru WInamp, but Radio Streams not...
Replies
Views
Doh - I should take a remedial reading class. Big oops.
Doh - I should take a remedial reading class. Big oops.
What are the differances between the Quality settings that are set on the PVR500 and the ones you choose in MP? If I set the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom