General (83 Viewers)

Thanks, I must have read the wiki too fast :ooops:
Thanks, I must have read the wiki too fast :ooops:
Hi all! In the last days and weeks, we evaluated Git for MP2 and we did lots of tests and lots of work to prepare the final...
Replies
Views
Hi Albert, Thanks for your answer. I think I found the right classes - MetaDataExtractor would be right for me, since I want to import picasa information into the MP db and allow browsing by that information. I have a attached a crude datamodel (forgive the crows feet, they are handpainted ;) ) And I would like to setup the...
Hi Albert, Thanks for your answer. I think I found the right classes - MetaDataExtractor would be right for me, since I want to...
Hi Team, I have wandered a bit through the wiki and even endevored to look into the code documentation, but I miss one...
Replies
Views
Sorry for my late response, i was on a short vacation :) With the latest version the Server works just fine!
Sorry for my late response, i was on a short vacation :) With the latest version the Server works just fine!
I'm currently using a WHS v1 which is based on W2k3 Standard. Since all my media files are on the server i'm interested in using...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Home Menu Flicker DE
Re: AW: Home Menu Flicker Well bugger me you are right and I did know we switched, I had a blond moment. :ooops:
Re: AW: Home Menu Flicker Well bugger me you are right and I did know we switched, I had a blond moment. :ooops:
Hi guys Just wondering you all are getting the home Menu control flicker, Once I navigate to another page the controls stop...
Replies
Views
So now I know they don't want to support it.
So now I know they don't want to support it.
We're switching MediaPortal 2 to Visual Studio 2010 this weekend. That means it cannot be opened with Visual Studio 2008 anymore.
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 What Next DE
Re: AW: What Next Often, to improve or recode a feature in MP1 it would require taking most of the core apart and starting pretty much from scratch anyway. This would still leave legacy parts of the system intact, like communication interfaces between modules. This would not be a good thing long term. To change some fundamental...
Re: AW: What Next Often, to improve or recode a feature in MP1 it would require taking most of the core apart and starting pretty...
I will keep this as simple as i can I raised a feature request last year, and someone told me it would be in media Portal 2 ( I...
Replies
Views
So I guess Im stuck with WMC.
So I guess Im stuck with WMC.
I have been waiting for this feature for a while, please keep me updated.
Replies
Views
there is code that can be re-used, but the framework of the TVServer will need to be re-written as there are things that it just cannot do without significan changes. I think the idea would be to make it more modular, so new turning methods or EPG systems can be integrated more easily, for example. The guys working on the Sky UK...
there is code that can be re-used, but the framework of the TVServer will need to be re-written as there are things that it just...
Hi all! Welcome to the current MP2 development status. The last weeks, I didn't do so much for MP2 because 1) I have very much...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DirectShow.NET DE
You cannot implement all the required stuff just by using the C# (even with DirectShow.NET). All directshow based components are better to be left to be implemented with C++ (even for performance reasons). Graph controlling etc. can be implemented as C# code.
You cannot implement all the required stuff just by using the C# (even with DirectShow.NET). All directshow based components are...
Hi i' ve seen that your dshowhelper is written in c++. Why you don't use directshow lib from this side DirectShow.NET. Are...
Replies
Views
Thanks for explain.
Thanks for explain.
Hi and welcome to the current MP2 development status report! Until the last status report, we were able to achieve very much. The...
Replies
Views
I am the manager of the WHS group on Linkedin, so I get to keep up with WHS and all of it's variations ( including Vail). I am glad this is not just for WHS, as the Drive Extender has been discontinued, and will be replaced with some form of raid. WHS V1 will be discontinued in a few years. This has thrown the WHS community into...
I am the manager of the WHS group on Linkedin, so I get to keep up with WHS and all of it's variations ( including Vail). I am glad...
Maybe I'm to nosy, but I'm really interested in this topic :p As far as I know Morpheus is currently working on a SlimTvClient...
Replies
Views
AW: Found bugs in the resource access module Fixed.
AW: Found bugs in the resource access module Fixed.
Hi guys and gals, puh, after a long session with the resource access module, I finally found/fixed some problems. One of them...
Replies
Views
Emulation would be too slow to handle the directshow filter code. So, only way would be that MS provides possibility to compile all the c++ code to arm as well (it might for example happen that directshow is not supported on ARM at all).
Emulation would be too slow to handle the directshow filter code. So, only way would be that MS provides possibility to compile all...
Microsoft just demonstrated Windows 7 running on ARM, it's only a tech preview, and it's more of a Windows 8 thing then Windows 7...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 directx error DE
AW: directx error glenn, as MP2 is set to run on Win7, we don't officially support Vista. But I also tried to run it on my HTPC which is still on Vista x64; it doesn't work here either. If you get it running on your Vista system, please tell me what you had to do to run it without errors. As far as I know, currently, there is no...
AW: directx error glenn, as MP2 is set to run on Win7, we don't officially support Vista. But I also tried to run it on my HTPC...
Hi, If I start mp 2 client (server is working fine), I get an directx error wich crashes mp. Does someone now what's wrong...
Replies
Views
Cool, thx for answering. Looking forward to that :)
Cool, thx for answering. Looking forward to that :)
Does MP2 make use of Basic overview of the XBMC source code - XBMC like xmbc does? Virtual file system - Wikipedia, the...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: MP2 Source and Building Thanks very much! But I think it is not much work since the tool was working well. I guess I only forgot to update the reference to a core project. It's more work for me to include a patch for that than doing it myself :-) I'll have a look at it tonight.
AW: Re: MP2 Source and Building Thanks very much! But I think it is not much work since the tool was working well. I guess I...
Greetings and Happy New Years to everyone :) I am starting to take a look at MP2 and the source and I am running into a few odd...
Replies
Views
AW: Configuration - Little mistake in the example? Hi Henning, you're absolutely right, the example was wrong in that aspect. I changed the type returned by SettingsObjectType in that example to MySettings. Thank you!
AW: Configuration - Little mistake in the example? Hi Henning, you're absolutely right, the example was wrong in that aspect. I...
Hi! While reading example 1 in this wiki-article about configuration in MP2 I wonder whether the type returned by the property...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: AW: Progress: MP 2 development status - 2010-12-30 and happy new year! I guess that was no accusation, only a simple statement. It's all open and freely available, so why shouldn't the public know what we're doing? So no worries :-)
AW: Re: AW: Progress: MP 2 development status - 2010-12-30 and happy new year! I guess that was no accusation, only a simple...
Here comes a last, short progress report from the MP2 team in 2010. We're not sleeping, quite the contrary. There are huge...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: AW: Re: Progress: MP 2 development status - 2010-11-15 No, the player volume is handled by the MP2 core system. But plugins can trigger volume changes and plugins can do system calls. So to implement the functionality you like, you first need to know what exactly you want. (When should the master volume be changed? Should...
AW: Re: AW: Re: Progress: MP 2 development status - 2010-11-15 No, the player volume is handled by the MP2 core system. But...
Hi all! This is the current MediaPortal 2 status report. We have done many things the last three weeks and a first alpha version...
Replies
Views
AW: Discard sound triggers when music or video is playing Done
AW: Discard sound triggers when music or video is playing Done
Have seen you have implemented the sound trigger, dont know if you already have plans but it would be nice if all sound triggers...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: MP2 Skin rendering engine This is absolutely no problem with MP2. Try the code from Baboonanza. Simply replace the file Home.xaml. If you add the plugin ReloadSkin, you can even make changes at skinfiles while the system runs; you can press F3 to reload the screens.
AW: Re: MP2 Skin rendering engine This is absolutely no problem with MP2. Try the code from Baboonanza. Simply replace the file...
Hello MP2 Devs, I am wondering if skin controls can be created that start off screen. If not, can then be allowed to? I ask...
Replies
Views
AW: Cant connect to MP2 server Yes and no. The problem was/is at your side; a DNS call could not be completed. That could lead to problems in your server connection, if your computer has multiple name aliases. But a normal computer will not suffer under that problem.
AW: Cant connect to MP2 server Yes and no. The problem was/is at your side; a DNS call could not be completed. That could lead to...
I cant connect to the server anymore it only says that it cant find any servers on the network. The server and client is on the...
Replies
Views
There are two problems: 1: One of the projects (MediaPortal.UI) isn't being loaded correctly because of some .Net versioning issue. Googling indicates it's something to do with a dependency on an assembly compiled with .Net 2. Could you check that the project is set to compile to .Net 3.5 (3 might work to)? 2: the second problem is...
There are two problems: 1: One of the projects (MediaPortal.UI) isn't being loaded correctly because of some .Net versioning issue...
Hi guys is it possible to download the source and a compiled solution from someone. Because for the life of me I cannot get it to...
Replies
Views
AW: Problems building last SVN version I've fixed the Release build configurations at the weekend. Now they should also work.
AW: Problems building last SVN version I've fixed the Release build configurations at the weekend. Now they should also work.
Hi all! I'm trying to build the latest SVN version of MP2 with MSBUILD_Rebuild_Release_Client file with no success. I don't...
Replies
Views
Here is great article that describes cons and pros of both 64 and 32. 32 bit vs 64 bit Comparison - Windows 7 Forums
Here is great article that describes cons and pros of both 64 and 32. 32 bit vs 64 bit Comparison - Windows 7 Forums
I still can't think of any good reason to move from XP to W7, ... except wanting to run MP 2! So in preparation for running MP 2...
Replies
Views
AW: Progress: MP 2 development status - 2010-10-25 MP 2 already looks really nice ;) Greate work! Due to my understanding the Core of MP 2 is now (nearly) finsihed? I know that this doesn't include Live Tv etc., but now it sounds like feture time :P
AW: Progress: MP 2 development status - 2010-10-25 MP 2 already looks really nice ;) Greate work! Due to my understanding the...
Hi guys and gals, welcome to the current MediaPortal 2 status report. What has been done? The problem which occured in the...
Replies
Views
AW: Will MP2 natively support DVBLink Tuners? try Argus from 4therecord ... works also with md and is really stable
AW: Will MP2 natively support DVBLink Tuners? try Argus from 4therecord ... works also with md and is really stable
Given the history with MediaPortal 1.x and the issues around MD plugins, an ideal compromise appears to be the use of DVBLogic...
Replies
Views
nice !!! the new skin engine will be amazing and change the way we think about media players !!!
nice !!! the new skin engine will be amazing and change the way we think about media players !!!
Welcome to the MP 2 status report. In the past, I was posting a status report like this one from time to time, about every...
Replies
Views
If you switch to DX11, will DX10 cards (namely ION) be still compatible? Are there any plans to make MP2 interface use GPU instead of CPU? I guess it would speed things up. As claimui says, currently most popular HTPC machines are slow CPU + GPU and MP2 should be counting on GPU to be more future-proof. Up until lately HTPC was...
If you switch to DX11, will DX10 cards (namely ION) be still compatible? Are there any plans to make MP2 interface use GPU instead...
Hi all! This is probably the best time to ask about hardware requirements! Will MP2 users/developers/skinners require any...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Video player OSD DE
AW: Video player OSD Pressing Info twice will bring up the PlayerConfiguration menu, IIRC.
AW: Video player OSD Pressing Info twice will bring up the PlayerConfiguration menu, IIRC.
I'm not sure if I'm telling you this idea at the right time and place, but i think it's better to tell it when MP2 is still in...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom