General (46 Viewers)

IIRC the logo manager repository was developed by @offbyone. As I have seen him active recently, maybe he can assist here?
IIRC the logo manager repository was developed by @offbyone. As I have seen him active recently, maybe he can assist here?
Hello, TV logos in MP2 are added through a self-managed process: users may post their requests for new TV channel logos and/or...
Replies
Views
Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
Replies
Views
Nice you could resolve the issue!
Nice you could resolve the issue!
I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
Replies
Views
Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still thinks the old recordings exist. I expected the metadata for the recordings to be in same folder as the PVR but apparently not. How do I make MP2 forget about these old recordings? Needless to say, I tried...
Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
Replies
Views
This is an English thread, please move your posts to the French section. Thanks.
This is an English thread, please move your posts to the French section. Thanks.
Fresh (first) install of Media Portal 2 on Windows 8 computer. After what appears to be a successful installation (from my admin...
Replies
Views
I'll crate a new tread cause this one is tagged as solved and it is not the same version of Mediaportal
I'll crate a new tread cause this one is tagged as solved and it is not the same version of Mediaportal
I am using MP2 (2.2) with a PC as Client-Server and Client-Only on my other PCs. The Client-Server PC is linked to my home network...
Replies
Views
Hi Ge2301 Thanks for the help I tried the suggestion but it didnt help - however the issue is sorted now. - it seems that it was just that the server needed a restart (even though there was no indication in Windows) - as soon as I started both clients (one reparied as above, one not) both started working right away. (I would have...
Hi Ge2301 Thanks for the help I tried the suggestion but it didnt help - however the issue is sorted now. - it seems that it was...
Hi, I have a server/client PC (MP2.4) that seems still to be still working fine, but 2 other clients have suddenly stopped playing...
Replies
Views
It should also work with the LAV codec. There was a discussion about it here. The cyberlink app should not open, if you start a DVD playback in MP2. Perhaps you mean the cyberlink app starts, if you enter a DVD into the slot. To avoid this you'll have to deactivate autoplay in the windows settings. Open Windows Settings Select...
It should also work with the LAV codec. There was a discussion about it here. The cyberlink app should not open, if you start a DVD...
Hello, I have installed the latest Media Portal 2 version on a clean new Windows 10 installation. Now I only get sound for some TV...
Replies
Views
Thanks. Found it
Thanks. Found it
How can I completely deinstall MP2? If I use the deinstall function and install it again, I still have my old settings.
Replies
Views
Thanks jfd553, Yes, I figured out it does download from Schedules Direct. I had done what you suggested and checked my download file for that specific channel number and could not find it. So I submitted a request to update the Schedules Direct data for my area. Took a few weeks but I just heard back 3 days ago that it had been...
Thanks jfd553, Yes, I figured out it does download from Schedules Direct. I had done what you suggested and checked my download...
I am using MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. I use the XMLTV plugin with Schedules Direct to get my Guide data. In the TV setup interface...
Replies
Views
Thanks so much! After following the delete previous version instructions, the installation completed. Thanks again Jan
Thanks so much! After following the delete previous version instructions, the installation completed. Thanks again Jan
I get a Fatal Error 0x80070643 during MP2 installation on Windows 10, "Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system...
Replies
Views
Thanks, @morpheus_xx that's sorted it. (FYI There were no leftovers in Program Files). Sorry I'm not involved with the development of MP2 any more - I'm having to do something else (still voluntary) which takes up all of my time. Now working harder than before I retired!
Thanks, @morpheus_xx that's sorted it. (FYI There were no leftovers in Program Files). Sorry I'm not involved with the...
I just upgraded my mp2 install to the latest version from the website. The install seemed to go OK, and the TV configuration...
Replies
Views
Hi. In general it's possible to play your media hosted on a PC on a Fire TV Stick. This can be achieved in various ways. Easiest way is to create a network share on the PC where your media is residing. Then you can use Kodi on your Fire TV stick to playback them. Or you install a DLNA server like Serviio on the PC and add your media...
Hi. In general it's possible to play your media hosted on a PC on a Fire TV Stick. This can be achieved in various ways. Easiest...
Is it possible? PC to Firestick? FS (latest version) is set to download from unknown sources (jail broken).
Replies
Views
Ah, OK, thank you.
Ah, OK, thank you.
How to transfer all of one's own data / settings to a new installation on another Notebook? Is there an import, export option? Is...
Replies
Views
I think the logos are managed by server and chached in certain Intervalls. The original logos are not used directly, so it might take time until the effect is visible.
I think the logos are managed by server and chached in certain Intervalls. The original logos are not used directly, so it might...
Using MP2.4.1 and "Flat-local" Channel logo style. I cleared my cache (using Glary Utilities temp files cleaner) because I changed...
Replies
Views
I think it works very good. thanks a lot. Im happy
I think it works very good. thanks a lot. Im happy
Hello I installed MP2 and I have some problems. I've been using MP1 for years, but my network was changed with new IP addresses...
Replies
Views
Hi ge2301 Thank you for your prompt reply I have tried using both a keyboard (F8 test) and a remote configured with mappings as attached. All have failed to jump to the next chapter for a recording that has chapters built using comskip. Works via mouse click at bottom of the player (See MP2-05) MP2 version 2.4 Skin is Default WMC...
Hi ge2301 Thank you for your prompt reply I have tried using both a keyboard (F8 test) and a remote configured with mappings as...
I got the comskip setup and it runs and generates the .txt files that show the locations of the commercials. When I playback the...
Replies
Views
You need to tell MP2, how to handle aspect ratios, that do not fit to the current screen resolution. Please go to Video Player Settings. I think you need "Intelligent Zoom" or "Pan&Scan". But remember, in this case you loose video information on top and bottom. I would prefer black bars. You could also select "Stretch", if you want to...
You need to tell MP2, how to handle aspect ratios, that do not fit to the current screen resolution. Please go to Video Player...
Hi Forumers, I've been happily running MP1 for quite a while and decided to give MP2 a try again. I've successfully installed MP2...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the feedback. It’s of course part of the coming 2.4 release.
Thanks for the feedback. It’s of course part of the coming 2.4 release.
Hi all, I have recently updated to the latest version (2.2.1) of MP2. In this version it seems no longer possible to map virtual...
Replies
Views
Hey, thanks for your quick reply! That helps us a lot! Oh good, that means the two different clients can then also share a tuner. I have not even thought about tuner sharing with two different clients and that this could be a problem, perfect! Thanks!
Hey, thanks for your quick reply! That helps us a lot! Oh good, that means the two different clients can then also share a tuner...
Hello, can I use Kodi and the Media Portal 2 Client at the same time if I install the TVServerKodi plugin on the Media Portal 2...
Replies
Views
Thanks very much. It does indeed work (for some reason, the first time I needed to press "0" repeatedly before it would work, but after that, it's working fine. Much appreciated.
Thanks very much. It does indeed work (for some reason, the first time I needed to press "0" repeatedly before it would work, but...
Recently, and happily, switched from MP1 to MP2. I only use MP to watch ota tv broadcasts, on my PC. Just to say: There’s one...
Replies
Views
Great, thanks. Much better now...
Great, thanks. Much better now...
I recently switched over to MP2 after a few years use of MP1. I only use MP to watch (ota) television, through my PC tuner card...
Replies
Views
MediaPortal 2 has no mouse settings, those are controlled by Windows. You need to change it in your Windows mouse settings.
MediaPortal 2 has no mouse settings, those are controlled by Windows. You need to change it in your Windows mouse settings.
The TV Guide schedule will only scroll with keyboard up and down arrows and not the mouse wheel. Why is this the case? The Live TV...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [solved] Beginner's questions: (1 Viewer) DE
Solved: In my case, it was indeed a codec issue. In LAV configuration, I had to select "DXVA (native)", then DVD playback including menus work fine. Sorry for having caused trouble, and thanks a lot for the support!
Solved: In my case, it was indeed a codec issue. In LAV configuration, I had to select "DXVA (native)", then DVD playback including...
Hi community, I am further testing out MP2, and there are three questions I have: 1. When importing my local video folder with...
Replies
Views
This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
Hi! I have videos that I want to show in TV-Series, such as personal TV series and educational series. As some examples I have...
Replies
Views
Sad to see you replied so late, I've long since moved from 32bit to 64bit, so you've gone through all that trouble to help me for nothing. Thanks anyway. Emph
Sad to see you replied so late, I've long since moved from 32bit to 64bit, so you've gone through all that trouble to help me for...
************************************************* EDIT 2019-04-29: New version, see Gitlad for change log. Thank you SINCowboy So...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [solved] WMA support DE
I checked the Online sources selected and saw that only 1 was selected. I selected all of them, reimported the music and all of the albums and songs now appear. So it was user error that caused the partial song lists. Thanks for your help!
I checked the Online sources selected and saw that only 1 was selected. I selected all of them, reimported the music and all of the...
What audio file formats are supported in audio player? In particular, WMA support? Previous WMC user, all music is in standard WMA...
Replies
Views
DD CineS2V6 mit OctopusCI/zwei Alphacrypt2/HD+, Treiber und Control Center 3.0.2.211 vom 20.09.2018,. MP2 Version spiel dann keine Rolle denke ich bei mir aktuell MP2_2.2.3, da ist einfach was faul mit dem neuen DD Treiber generell im MP denke ich (DD TV läuft). TV Server default 1.21.00.0 Der Vollständigkeit halber, mit neuem Treiber...
DD CineS2V6 mit OctopusCI/zwei Alphacrypt2/HD+, Treiber und Control Center 3.0.2.211 vom 20.09.2018,. MP2 Version spiel dann keine...
Hallo Leute, lief eigentlich anstandslos bis ich mal die HD Sender verloren hab. Kurzerhand den DD Service mal via Teamviewer drauf...
Replies
Views
Hi ge2301, Only 1 server in the house - called Server. Because of Episode/Art import problems discussed before, I went back to v2.2.3 all round. But that was when the latest was v2.3.1. I will try v2.3.2 later/tomorrow and report back. OK. Forgot to actually post that, so ..... v2.3.2 installed and working correctly, thank you. I...
Hi ge2301, Only 1 server in the house - called Server. Because of Episode/Art import problems discussed before, I went back to...
I think I have read everything I can find on this subject. I have tried everything I can think of without success. Therefore, I...
Replies
Views
Not been on the forum for a while, good news I have installed 2.3.1 and can confirm everything is working as expected. On a wider front for info I have now set the TV recording to store by channel and I just add childrens channels folders to my sons profile. I now have a very happy 5 year old who can use media portal on his PC...
Not been on the forum for a while, good news I have installed 2.3.1 and can confirm everything is working as expected. On a wider...
Been running great for a good while now but the time has come to add a client to my sons bedroom (he is 5). Installed client sets...
Replies
Views
Its 2.23 but I've solved it. It was a folder access permissions issue on the NAS on which my DVD images are stored. I had made some changes to a completely (or so I thought) non-related user account and this was the first DVD I had ripped since then. It is odd because the folder was set to allow read access to "everyone" but I guess...
Its 2.23 but I've solved it. It was a folder access permissions issue on the NAS on which my DVD images are stored. I had made some...
I just ripped "Joker" and somehow MP2 has got stuck at 23% importing it into the movie library. If I delete the folder the error...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom