Input/Output Interfaces (9 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
MP1 MP2 Logitech Z-Cinema DE
Hi I recomend buying a Windows Media Remote for Mediaportal, I own a Windows media compatible remote so i just use the remote from Logitech just to turn the sound on and other sound stuff, so i never tried to make it work with MP, but on other forums i noticed that there has been some issues...good luck! :) But the sound from...
Hi I recomend buying a Windows Media Remote for Mediaportal, I own a Windows media compatible remote so i just use the remote...
Hi there. I'm thinking of buying this sound system from logitech and i am wondering if the remote which is Windows media center...
Replies
Views
I have a strange problem with my harmony 525. After PowerOFF my logitech soundsystem, MediaPortal and the philips plasma tv powers off. After about approx. 2 hours the ambilight from the plasma goes on !?!?! The next and bigger problem is when i am watching tv about 2 hours the plasma tv powers off!! This happens always about...
I have a strange problem with my harmony 525. After PowerOFF my logitech soundsystem, MediaPortal and the philips plasma tv...
I have a strange problem with my harmony 525. After PowerOFF my logitech soundsystem, MediaPortal and the philips plasma tv...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am looking for a VFD or small LCD that can sit on top of my TV and show some generic information through one of the available VFD plugins. As i have hidden the actual HTPC away from the TV i need this VFD to communicate using bluetooth, or some other type of wireless comms. I have looked high and low but haven't found...
Hi there, I am looking for a VFD or small LCD that can sit on top of my TV and show some generic information through one of the...
Hi there, I am looking for a VFD or small LCD that can sit on top of my TV and show some generic information through one of the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Remote Control DE
I would save for the extra expense, really does payoff long term, all the encoders built in, so no reliance on windows for this side, M$ have been known to get it wrong ;)
I would save for the extra expense, really does payoff long term, all the encoders built in, so no reliance on windows for this...
Yesterday I wanted to order 2 MS Remote Controls, but the shopkeeper said it's an end-of-life product. Is there an alternative...
Replies
Views
You can also buy a Logitech Harmony remote, those can be programed to be just about any remote you want to use. Then all you need is a IR port for your PC.
You can also buy a Logitech Harmony remote, those can be programed to be just about any remote you want to use. Then all you need...
Hi! Noticed that it is hard to get the MCE remote here in Sweden lately. You can get the remote it self, but not with the IR...
Replies
Views
M
THANK YOU!!!!!! Ive just bought it
THANK YOU!!!!!! Ive just bought it
I d like to use a lot of possibilities with IR suite but MCE remote WITH RECEIVER for XP is nowhere on stock....f....! Could anyone...
Replies
Views
maysider2
M
hmm, i think you can you know. i haven't tried it, but in theory: make the bat file. make a shortcut to the bat file right click the shortcut, then click into the shortcut key box on the properties control now press the button you want to assign on the remote control, it should register in the shortcut key box. click ok...
hmm, i think you can you know. i haven't tried it, but in theory: make the bat file. make a shortcut to the bat file right...
Hi, I'm looking for a cheap/basic solution for a mediaportal client. I already have the server+client on the main server machine...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am not quite shure what you mean by duplicating...actually you only need to choose MS-Mediacenter (not Mediaportal) in Logitech Harmony Software, and you will get the necessary buttons. After that you need to setup the MCE Remote (dunno if iMon is supported directly by MP, right now) in MP, that should be it The alternative...
Hi, I am not quite shure what you mean by duplicating...actually you only need to choose MS-Mediacenter (not Mediaportal) in...
salute - does anybody here using a Logitec-Harmony ONE ? that 200 Dollar expensive nice thing with that little...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Case / VFD wanted DE
Hi all, im building a new HTPC atm. It wont be used to watch tv, but movies with accorate resolution should run fine. The following Hardware is already there: Mainboard: Asus M3N78-EM CPU: AMD 4850e Ram: 2GB HDD: 3,5", 500 GB Normal DVD Device or Slimline (i have both) Powersuply: MCubed EF 28 What im now looking for is small and...
Hi all, im building a new HTPC atm. It wont be used to watch tv, but movies with accorate resolution should run fine. The...
Hi all, im building a new HTPC atm. It wont be used to watch tv, but movies with accorate resolution should run fine. The...
Replies
Views
im most certain that it is possible. try with this. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce-replacement-plugin-165/ir-server-suite-version-1-0-4-1-a-33512/?highlight=remote+suite im need to try it also cause i want to be able to use both the mce remote and the tv remote with mediaportal. havent had the time to try it.
im most certain that it is possible. try with this...
Hi, I have a MCE remote Receiver (It says SMK brand on the back). I saw that the Receiver responds also to regular remotes and...
Replies
Views
Does any one know any where in sa where you can buy a new or used microsoft mce keyboard. I've looked in lots of shops but cant find it. all the web sites i've found no loager stock it. Thanks
Does any one know any where in sa where you can buy a new or used microsoft mce keyboard. I've looked in lots of shops but cant...
Does any one know any where in sa where you can buy a new or used microsoft mce keyboard. I've looked in lots of shops but cant...
Replies
Views
There is now the possibility to get concurrent sessions in XP and Vista. type "concurrent remote desktop sessions XP" in google and there are step-by-step guides on how to do this. This will help you with your issue, but you'll obviously need another PC/laptop to connect to your HTPC. Hope this helps
There is now the possibility to get concurrent sessions in XP and Vista. type "concurrent remote desktop sessions XP" in google...
I have a HTPC setup where i recently connected another screen to my computer. So now i have 1 TV and 1 monitor connected to the PC...
Replies
Views
Which one do you have? I found that there seem to be several different versions and different prices (although many sites dont specify which version they are selling). For example, I have found a90-00001, a90-00007, a90-00009 and more. Its hard finding detailed info on what the difference is. My crucial requirement is it works with...
Which one do you have? I found that there seem to be several different versions and different prices (although many sites dont...
Does MediaPortal Team recommend any particular remote that will work with Vista 64-bit, Mediaportal and the blu-ray plugin for...
Replies
Views
I had some issues with MCE remote before. I had a stripped down version of XP, and it did not recognize the remote receiver. I installed XP sp2 again, it fixed the problem.
I had some issues with MCE remote before. I had a stripped down version of XP, and it did not recognize the remote receiver. I...
Hey folks.. I just purchased an MCE remote which came with the USB IR reciever today. the IR reciever is not showing up in device...
Replies
Views
I have the drivers since I exported all the drivers from my setup before installing a stripped down Vista Ultimate setup, I'm uploading them to rapidshare as we speak. I didn't want to take any chances on missing any of the drivers you need, so I uploaded all that I have. They come in a 30ish MB rar file. Edit: Drivers
I have the drivers since I exported all the drivers from my setup before installing a stripped down Vista Ultimate setup, I'm...
Today i decided to do a fresh install of vista. Instead of downloading sp1 and going through a lot of configuration i decided to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've configured MP to launch WinDVD for HD disc playback. That works, but the Hauppage remote doesn't do anything in that program... I know that it isn't really a MP problem, but wondered if there was any way to get it working? Is there some software that will let the Hauppage remote work in other programs at all...?
Hi, I've configured MP to launch WinDVD for HD disc playback. That works, but the Hauppage remote doesn't do anything in that...
Hi, I've configured MP to launch WinDVD for HD disc playback. That works, but the Hauppage remote doesn't do anything in that...
Replies
Views
Thx, I'll give it a try.
Thx, I'll give it a try.
Slightly off-topic, but I'd give it a try: I have an HTPC runing MP 0.2.3SVN with a MCE remote receiver and a Logitech 785...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an Logi 785 together with an MCE Remote receiver and that works quite well. There is a setup in the Logi Database for MP right available. Hiberbate and restart do work well. But be prepared that programming the remote beyond the settings within the Logi database, you need to get used to it. It needs some time...
Hi, I have an Logi 785 together with an MCE Remote receiver and that works quite well. There is a setup in the Logi Database for...
I am currently looking for a universal remote to control our little home theatre more easily. Stuff to be controlled:A/V Receiver...
Replies
Views
Has anybody been able to install the microsoft remote control infrared receiver V2 in server 2003 standard? I've been trying for the last 5 day without success. The Xp sp2 ehome driver with not work and I have found some other driver that work but when I restart the server it knocks out my HID devices and states that the drivers are...
Has anybody been able to install the microsoft remote control infrared receiver V2 in server 2003 standard? I've been trying for...
Has anybody been able to install the microsoft remote control infrared receiver V2 in server 2003 standard? I've been trying for...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help with Harmony 525 (1 Viewer) DE
I'm using a 555, with an IR reciever (and have been for over a year) with no problems. Just select use MCE remote in the media portal config and your away. And of course make sure you have set up the remote correctly in the Harmony Software.
I'm using a 555, with an IR reciever (and have been for over a year) with no problems. Just select use MCE remote in the media...
I have bought a Harmony 525 and generic IR reciever, and no matter what i cant get the remote to get recognised (ie no reaction...
Replies
Views
Hello every one I know most of you love VLC and want to know how to get it to run in media portal with out a keyboard or having to manually exit out of VLC back to media portal. Try this it takes it takes some added pieces of hardware but it works really well. A skilled MSC 400 programmer would help. Pieces required...
Hello every one I know most of you love VLC and want to know how to get it to run in media portal with out a keyboard or...
Hello every one I know most of you love VLC and want to know how to get it to run in media portal with out a keyboard or...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 RF Remote DE
Hello everybody, I have a similar situation as clmckinley. I'm looking for a good RF remote for my HTPC. RF is a must, because the HTPC is located in another room one floor below the living room. My requirements: signal strength enough for trespassing 4m air plus one thick wall. good haptics and usability for a high WAF...
Hello everybody, I have a similar situation as clmckinley. I'm looking for a good RF remote for my HTPC. RF is a must, because...
One of the main things i want to do with my htpc is control my music in different rooms in my house. I have in wall speakers with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm using a Logitech Harmony 885 which controls my: TV, DVD, Vhs Video CD, Radio, DVD2 MP as a MCE remote Lights Video Camera Sat box Regards Roy
Hi, I'm using a Logitech Harmony 885 which controls my: TV, DVD, Vhs Video CD, Radio, DVD2 MP as a MCE remote Lights Video...
i need your help because i'm getting confused with all the remote controls i have :S Currently i'm using a Medion 81035 with...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Best Remote for IR DE
I use Display & IR control device plug-in to controll my MP with AverMedia IR remote (NEC type). My version of hardware IR decoder with 20x2 LCD display (translate to ENGLISH)
I use Display & IR control device plug-in to controll my MP with AverMedia IR remote (NEC type). My version of hardware IR...
What is the best RemoteControl that will work together with the MediaPortal?
Replies
Views
Yes I've ordered the antec case. I bought one before and managed to make it work. I created the shortcuts by hand. (bind button to keyboard shortcut). Probably not the best way but it works perfectly :). ((in vista)). If the reception of the case isn't sufficient what would be the best way to increase it? I did the following with...
Yes I've ordered the antec case. I bought one before and managed to make it work. I created the shortcuts by hand. (bind button to...
I want a remote that can do it all. htpc / av receiver / tv What would you suggest?
Replies
Views
Hi! I connected the power cable from the powersupply to the plug from the VFD, and I have connected the Power, Reset and HDD pins. I have also connected the USB plug internally. Is there anything else that is needed? And, which button is used? The PowerToggle? I have a Harmony remote, so I need to know which button to configure...
Hi! I connected the power cable from the powersupply to the plug from the VFD, and I have connected the Power, Reset and HDD...
Hello, What is current status with buggy VFD in Antec Fusion V2/430 (Silver) ? I gonna cover the original, build in IR as I...
Replies
Views
i am going crazy trying to get a Gateway usb ir receiver to work on my homemade HTPC running MCE2005 all updated. seems to pick up signal from remote, but will not control anything in MCE. driver is installed when i plug it in...but it's "serial usb converter". can i use this gateway receiver/remote??? tia
i am going crazy trying to get a Gateway usb ir receiver to work on my homemade HTPC running MCE2005 all updated. seems to pick up...
i am going crazy trying to get a Gateway usb ir receiver to work on my homemade HTPC running MCE2005 all updated. seems to pick up...
Replies
Views
Thanx for your help, needed one:thx:
Thanx for your help, needed one:thx:
Hi i'm looking for a good matrix lcd screen for my HTPC, I have already found some nice lcd's:D. BLK202A-WB-BK Matrix Orbital...
Replies
Views
How about slowing down repetition rate of the Keyboard in the computers controlpanel? I didn´t have this problem yet.... You can also define a repetition rate somehere in the Harmony Remote... Well i have the German Harmony Menu but i find it in the Actions Screen under: Troubleshooting > Computer > Computer doesnt react on...
How about slowing down repetition rate of the Keyboard in the computers controlpanel? I didn´t have this problem yet.... You...
I have a Zalman HD 160XT Plus case. The touchscreen, remote control IR receiver and the volume knob is managed by a solution from...
Replies
Views
Just used it and works really well. Thanks. This is really what i was looking for.
Just used it and works really well. Thanks. This is really what i was looking for.
Hi I have a problem that i need some help with. Since i built my htpc the only interface i use with it is a remote control...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom