Operating System (3 Viewers)

Discuss everything about Operating Systems in here.
I'm using Win7 on a new system... the ATi HDMI driver it came with (on its CD) does a great job at passing AC3/DTS but I had to adjust the PROPERTIES of the output to PASS AC3/DTS & WMA, then reboot. Another side benefit is the video comes to the HDMI automatically whenever I select it on my Onkyo 803 - WOW! It will revert to my...
I'm using Win7 on a new system... the ATi HDMI driver it came with (on its CD) does a great job at passing AC3/DTS but I had to...
Using WinXP Sp3 and Mediaportal 1.1 and using a Onkyo 606 receiver via HDMI (port 1), I noticed that the receiver would "click" a...
Replies
Views
I didn't up untill a week or so ago, personally I'm aiming for "W7S" on my TV-server, but will run Home Premium on my HTPC I think, but might use Business.
I didn't up untill a week or so ago, personally I'm aiming for "W7S" on my TV-server, but will run Home Premium on my HTPC I think...
From DownloadSquad, posted Today. Source:Microsoft drops 3-app limit from Windows 7 Starter Edition More info:Let?s talk about...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Windows 10 and HTPC appearance (3 Viewers) DE
Yes, because Windows start all system services at first, like network, etc. this takes a time. MP2-Server is a service, but needs other services, like the network service or mysql in some cases. MP2 self is a autostart programm and these starts at first when all services are started. In my case I see now difference between Win 7 or...
Yes, because Windows start all system services at first, like network, etc. this takes a time. MP2-Server is a service, but needs...
Hello guys, I have moved to Windows 10 since a few months. Everything works fine so far. What bothers me is that the interface...
Replies
Views
Thanks to our super moderators, I just quickly posted that without really looking - I could not remember the sticky.
Thanks to our super moderators, I just quickly posted that without really looking - I could not remember the sticky.
Hi, Does anyone know whether a Client only installation of Mediaportal can be run from anything other than windows? E.g. Can...
Replies
Views
I have not verified it yet, but reports from other users state that the sqlservr.exe process gain memory as it is being used in order to increase performance, and will continue to do so until about 4-10 MB memory is available. So this seems a very plausible cause :)
I have not verified it yet, but reports from other users state that the sqlservr.exe process gain memory as it is being used in...
Hi! I have a HTPC setup which runs XP Pro SP3 with all the latest upgrades, newest drivers and everything is working perfectly...
Replies
Views
Hi Wuptdo, have a look at this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ongoing-htpc-projects-60/whole-house-technology-solution-75715/ Apparently, it is possible to assign a pci card to a virtual machine.
Hi Wuptdo, have a look at this thread...
Heya, I'm wanting to build a server for the devices/pc's in my house to stream video store files etc, and FreeBSD seems to be the...
Replies
Views
Hi. Just installed Latest forceware beta 257.15. I have been using 186.xx driver past 8 months, but i must admit this new beta looks very promsing. You can get it from NVIDIA 257.15 Beta out for grabs - Guru3D.com Forums. My Gf8400 GS handles everything i give to it in very smooth mannger. shift+1(!) graphs are straith. Br,
Hi. Just installed Latest forceware beta 257.15. I have been using 186.xx driver past 8 months, but i must admit this new beta...
I'm making this post, just because of the grief I have had trying to update my drivers on both Vista and Windows 7 (Ultimate...
Replies
Views
I still like XP Pro SP3 for my HTPC, but will upgrade to Win7 when it's matured. You could stick with XP and try the below suggestion
I still like XP Pro SP3 for my HTPC, but will upgrade to Win7 when it's matured. You could stick with XP and try the below suggestion
Ok, heres my dilemma. I currently have a machine setup which i use to store all my TV Eps and a few movies. Then in the lounge i am...
Replies
Views
Just had a look how things went through the night and just to make it even more weird, the machine I am having trouble with sleep, decided to sleep all night long and not wake up at all.. even for its scheduled WHS backup. In contrast, my new client machine which normally always sleeps, decided to stay awake until its scheduled...
Just had a look how things went through the night and just to make it even more weird, the machine I am having trouble with sleep...
Hi. I am trying to finally get my machine to sleep and wake correctly. Currently I have to shut it down to avoid having it on all...
Replies
Views
Yes. It is your configuration. You can set it to be whatever you like. :) No. As above. The file is created at install time and never changed by TV Server after that. Of course you can manually change it at any time, but most people don't. Personally I don't understand why this file would be any harder to remember than the other 2...
Yes. It is your configuration. You can set it to be whatever you like. :) No. As above. The file is created at install time and...
Hey Guys, For years I have never had MediaPortal TV server work over VPN. I never dedicated too much time to it, and just used...
Replies
Views
aaah, the configuration.exe.config :rolleyes: I misunderstood, thought you meant the setup.exe...
aaah, the configuration.exe.config :rolleyes: I misunderstood, thought you meant the setup.exe...
Hi all, just want to share this with you 'cause I know a lot of people have this problem. (I had this problem too, untill a week...
Replies
Views
The problem seems to have gone mysteriously. I installed the PureAudio plugin but still using standard windows playback, no ASIO driver, and I think it was around that time the problem vanished.
The problem seems to have gone mysteriously. I installed the PureAudio plugin but still using standard windows playback, no ASIO...
Hi I have one final issue with my HTPC which I does not seem to be able to fix on my own. It has been reported numerous times...
Replies
Views
Hm, 4Fred is surely right about all that mp stuff, didn't think about these issues deeply enough... Right now I'm a little file-backup-server-minded as I just installed my new whs. For these requirements I still think whs is the better choice but if mp/tv-server is your priority you should go with 7 to avoid problems... There are a...
Hm, 4Fred is surely right about all that mp stuff, didn't think about these issues deeply enough... Right now I'm a little...
Hi Guys, I am in the process of getting the parts to build a dedicated file server that I can place out of the way in my...
Replies
Views
OOOOPS, sorry. I seem to have remembered a setting that was available in previous builds: You could select the resolution you wanted MP to run in on the General Tab of configuration. It seems to be gone... I also tinkered a bit with the DPI settings on my laptop and they seem to not affect MP at all! But my laptop has just Blue3 on...
OOOOPS, sorry. I seem to have remembered a setting that was available in previous builds: You could select the resolution you...
Hi Everyone. I'm using Win7 64bit with MP 1.1.3 (StreamedMP skin), working on 1920x1080, PC connected to wide screen 42" TV...
Replies
Views
So, thanks for your reply, actually i use logon script for start .bat script. not the best but working !
So, thanks for your reply, actually i use logon script for start .bat script. not the best but working !
Hi Community I use MePo as Shell, but the problem is, to load Run key at startup ! i know Run key is loaded after Explorer.exe in...
Replies
Views
Yeh nothing working. although i can see the receiver red light when i press a button.
Yeh nothing working. although i can see the receiver red light when i press a button.
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1 MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP Windows Version: Windows XP SP3 CPU Type: AMD Athlon II X2 245e HDD...
Replies
Views
For Australian tv (mpeg2) Win7 is far better as it comes with a great video decoder with the OS. Now tho..there are things like CUVID(for nvidia cards) and SAF6(for all GPU cards).. which would work just as well in WinXP.
For Australian tv (mpeg2) Win7 is far better as it comes with a great video decoder with the OS. Now tho..there are things like...
Hi guys, I am running my HTPC in a dual boot Xp/W7 (32-bit) and have disabled most of the unnecessary stuff but I really have...
Replies
Views
Thanks I try, these solution, but i dont like windows. OHHHH
Thanks I try, these solution, but i dont like windows. OHHHH
[Hello i am a mediportal's fan, and i buy a Apple, when we have a Apple version. Thanks :S
Replies
Views
I upgraded mid august my HTPC following a catastrophic system hard drive failure of my Windows 7 installation. I've had issues with my Sound Blaster Z Dolby Digital Live failure but that got mostly fixed since TH2. Only running 4 PCs with Windows 10 now and I'm mostly a happy customer :) One annoyance I've had on my HTPC since TH2 I...
I upgraded mid august my HTPC following a catastrophic system hard drive failure of my Windows 7 installation. I've had issues with...
I just installed the new 1511 Win 10 upgrade and ran into a series of issues: All privacy settings are lost and reset to maxi!um...
Replies
Views
Ahh gotcha. Changed my power options to be always on for now, until this dumb bug gets fixed. Thank you
Ahh gotcha. Changed my power options to be always on for now, until this dumb bug gets fixed. Thank you
When I leave my computer, come back and try to turn my tv on there is no picture. All I can do is reset... I would go back to...
Replies
Views
I think I removed almost everything I could think of ;-) Everything that sounded like "NOT NEEDED" was removed or disabled. And till now I never encountered a problem with it. The system is rock stable
I think I removed almost everything I could think of ;-) Everything that sounded like "NOT NEEDED" was removed or disabled. And...
I was thinking about reinstalling Windows (running XP MCE 2005 RC3 now) as it's a very old installation and things aren't really as...
Replies
Views
awesome replies thanks to all :cool:
awesome replies thanks to all :cool:
Windows Vista loads many services at startup, most of them are essential for the core system features. By disabling unnecessary...
Replies
Views
I didn't see a proper resolution on this thread yet, tried everything here (even more! :D was almost going back to Vista :growl: ) and I was trying to figure it out myself as well. What worked for me: 1. Make one task waking up the PC at 4:55am and run ping <local router IP> 2. Second task to run the actual task at 5:00am (also...
I didn't see a proper resolution on this thread yet, tried everything here (even more! :D was almost going back to Vista :growl: )...
Hi all, I have been on win 7 with my main htpc/server a while now and still not figured this one out. I have a couple batch files...
Replies
Views
Just a quick question: using latest W8.1 and MP1.6, is it already working to boot directly into MP and bypass Metro and have to wait additional startup time? Is it working as it is basically as with W7? Thanks!
Just a quick question: using latest W8.1 and MP1.6, is it already working to boot directly into MP and bypass Metro and have to...
Is there a way to get rid of the delay at the desktop in Windows 8 with auto start enabled in MP 1.3? I don't have TV server...
Replies
Views
Yes MePo is a lot more powerful and has more features than openelec (XBMC) There is no Mediaportal front end for openelec. Openelec is XBMC + Linux operating system. Mediaportal uses windows operating system.
Yes MePo is a lot more powerful and has more features than openelec (XBMC) There is no Mediaportal front end for openelec...
Hello, I have been considering selling my Acer Revo Aspire R3610 for a while now but have never got round to it - the main reason...
Replies
Views
I am right in the middle of building my 1012 R2 server. 6 core 3.3mhz 16G ram 500G Sata Drive NEC D1-10 12T Raid connected thru dual ports fiber channel. Server runs real good. Installed and messing with Hyper-V. Have 2 virtual Win 7 machines so far. 1 for testing 1 for my web server. I am about 3 months into the build /...
I am right in the middle of building my 1012 R2 server. 6 core 3.3mhz 16G ram 500G Sata Drive NEC D1-10 12T Raid connected thru...
Hello, I am running Windows Server 2012 Essentials on my main server machine. After migrating a couple of clients to Windows 10 in...
Replies
Views
I've reset the FSB to 200 now and Standby works, but my PC still doesn't ever go to Standby/Hibernate automatically. TV Server PowerScheduler has "force system to go to standby when idle" disabled and the MP plugin is disabled, so Windows should be controlling Standby. The power settings are set to Put the Computer to Sleep after 1...
I've reset the FSB to 200 now and Standby works, but my PC still doesn't ever go to Standby/Hibernate automatically. TV Server...
I'm trying to use Windows 7's Power Options to Hibernate my PC after x minutes. I don't want to use MP/Powerscheduler, because I...
Replies
Views
Hello, slightly off topic: Do you see a difference between Windows 7 RC and RTM for mediaportal?
Hello, slightly off topic: Do you see a difference between Windows 7 RC and RTM for mediaportal?
Due to driver support for my motherboard I had to install windows 7 . I was just wondering which version is best ( most stable for...
Replies
Views
Ok, success! But it wasn't easy... Reinstalled with auto updates turned off. INstalled CCC 9.10 and the realtek HDMI audio driver 2.35. No crashing at all, but I still had no sound. So I connected the PC straight to my TV and the sound worked. So what we have here is an EDID override problem. After all of these driver...
Ok, success! But it wasn't easy... Reinstalled with auto updates turned off. INstalled CCC 9.10 and the realtek HDMI audio...
So, I've just spent the last 3 hours returning my HTPC back to normal. At least ONE good thing about there not being a good...
Replies
Views
Btw I am trying some stuff on that stuttering_Playback 'wiki' post. But a lot of links there are really old. For instance I am trying to get Proppage.dll somewhere but I am not sure which to get that now. I am going to try Filmerit to check if I got some codec conflicts. Also I am not sure if I need to try an older CCC because from...
Btw I am trying some stuff on that stuttering_Playback 'wiki' post. But a lot of links there are really old. For instance I am...
Hello guys ! I recently bought a silent Sapphire HD6450 graphics card to replace my ASUS 490GT with fan. But it now has some...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom