General Support (70 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
MP1 MP2 plugins DE
everything scoop said is correct, but... most of the plugins already ship with mp. All you have to do is enter setup (F2), go to plugins and activate it in order to see it in the home menu. Most of the plugin need to be set up themselves ( select. and press setup button) for example my recipies, my burner, my explorer, my news...
everything scoop said is correct, but... most of the plugins already ship with mp. All you have to do is enter setup (F2), go to...
hi as a new member,how are plugins added to mediaportal sheppy
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Sapphire 550 Pro DE
Thanks for your reply. But unfortunebly it didn't do it for me. Power Cinema was the fist thing I uninstalled. Looks like I have to bite the sour apple and pay for Meedio, which is working perfectly. But thanks anyway.
Thanks for your reply. But unfortunebly it didn't do it for me. Power Cinema was the fist thing I uninstalled. Looks like I...
Area: TV Tuner MP Version: 0.2.0.0RC1 Skin: Blue Windows Version: XP Pro SP2 CPU Type: AMD XP 3200 Memory: 1GB Motherboard...
Replies
Views
Hi there! I own this "TV-Card": http://www.sunsway.com.hk/products/usb-tv-big-fm.html It is a box and not integrated as others are. I bought it cheap and I want to ask you if it works before I am going to buy a new one. Actually I dont really know a thing about the "card" but it worked OK. So.... does this work for Media...
Hi there! I own this "TV-Card": http://www.sunsway.com.hk/products/usb-tv-big-fm.html It is a box and not integrated as...
Hi there! I own this "TV-Card": http://www.sunsway.com.hk/products/usb-tv-big-fm.html It is a box and not integrated as...
Replies
Views
Have you found a way to fix it?
Have you found a way to fix it?
The remote control is not mark. The Tv tuner card is an AverMedia. And the IR receiver is integrated in the notebook (there is an...
Replies
Views
Not sure. But at the moment my AverMedia PVR 150's won't even work in 0.2.x. I even installed the latest CVS. I was bummed! :(
Not sure. But at the moment my AverMedia PVR 150's won't even work in 0.2.x. I even installed the latest CVS. I was bummed! :(
Hello all, I started messing around with MP0.1.3 over the weekend and I have to say, great program! I realize it's still 'in...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Tearing and DVB EPG DE
Wouldn't you get a better respose by posting on the test forum? http://mediaportal.elite-squad.net/forum/index.php? If you can catch some of the lead developers on IRC maybe you could talk with them about it?
Wouldn't you get a better respose by posting on the test forum? http://mediaportal.elite-squad.net/forum/index.php? If you can...
Hi First off, Im very pleased with MediaPortal. However a few issues have snug up the last couple of months. I update and...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately yes. Too many fundamental changes were required to make the system work. Anyone is welcome to pickup where I left off. I posted the MHEG code I was working on in this thread, (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/uk-digital-interactive-red-button-mhegplugin-12856/).
Unfortunately yes. Too many fundamental changes were required to make the system work. Anyone is welcome to pickup where I left...
Area: Digital TV MP Version: none at present, previously 0.1.3.0 Skin: MCE Windows Version: Windows XP Professional Version 2002...
Replies
Views
No issues - will run like a champ. You may want to look thru the archives for the stress Test I performed which included at one point 2-150's 2-250's 1and2 500's in any and all combinations - ages - and have never had an issue. Try getting MCE to do that ;) Good Luck Critifer
No issues - will run like a champ. You may want to look thru the archives for the stress Test I performed which included at one...
I seem to remember a few posts on problems with mixing different hauppage cards, so i thought id ask whether or not using a 500MCE...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 VGA to Component DE
I have used it to run 480p timings on my HDTV. If you have an SDTV with component in, all you should really have to do is make sure you are running at a resolution your TV can support.
I have used it to run 480p timings on my HDTV. If you have an SDTV with component in, all you should really have to do is make...
I got this VGA to component adapter for my 9600 PRO XT card and I can't get it to work with my TV. Is there some kind of settings...
Replies
Views
Hi, yes. You can make a copy of your current working directory e.g /Team Media Portal/Media Portal_CVS/ and then apply the CVS on the copy and play with it (do not forget to run start.bat and setup!). That leaves your current installation untouched. If you want to install 0.2RC1(+CVS): - make a copy of your current directory...
Hi, yes. You can make a copy of your current working directory e.g /Team Media Portal/Media Portal_CVS/ and then apply the CVS...
Is it possible to keep my working 0.1.3 install untouched, while installing the lastes CVS or whatever to check if it is working...
Replies
Views
Hi, i am from germany so not much help from me here. :) Afaik DVB-T (digital / terestrial) is coming in sweden. There should be a homepage where you can see, if you can already receive DVB-T in your region. Try to google for e.g. "sweden DVB-T region". Often analog and DVB-T work parallel some time. Unfortunalty your current...
Hi, i am from germany so not much help from me here. :) Afaik DVB-T (digital / terestrial) is coming in sweden. There should...
Hi there! Sorry for the bad topic, but it is hard to explain. I've bought myself a Packard Bell Fast Media Remote control to be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a problem in MyTV with VMR9 when using my software card Cinergy 400. The problem is that im outputting interlaced via a VGA->SCART cable, and it seems that VMR9 has problems with this. My only solution so far is using the intervideo codec(solved it on my PVR-150MCE) but the Cinergy 400 doesnt output MPEG-2 so that codec...
Hi, I have a problem in MyTV with VMR9 when using my software card Cinergy 400. The problem is that im outputting interlaced via...
Hi, I have a problem in MyTV with VMR9 when using my software card Cinergy 400. The problem is that im outputting interlaced via...
Replies
Views
Will the new release fix the Auottune function for the Twinhan DVB-C card? /bigal
Will the new release fix the Auottune function for the Twinhan DVB-C card? /bigal
Replies
Views
friesland tvhome: 247000 263000 271000 279000 287000 295000 305000 313000 321000 329000 337000 345000 353000 361000 369000 610000 618000 762000 810000 818000 (64QAM,6875000) might also be a tip to include all possible freq in a "dvbc Symbolrate 6875.dvbc" and name it "all possible freq dvbc Symbolrate...
friesland tvhome: 247000 263000 271000 279000 287000 295000 305000 313000 321000 329000 337000 345000 353000 361000...
Hi, Had some problems getting all the frequencies for Tvhome on my FireDTV card. After some searching I came up with the...
Replies
Views
Thanks Callifo. Those cards are $157 to $174 on ebay now so you got a bargain. Now I know what to look for. Ta.
Thanks Callifo. Those cards are $157 to $174 on ebay now so you got a bargain. Now I know what to look for. Ta.
Hi all. I've searched all the posts and can't see what to do. Set-up MP version 1.3.0 Two TV cards : Analog : Winfast TV2000...
Replies
Views
If that was the case why would the CVS's fix the problem for some people? And why is my system running well under 1.3?? I think that you statement is not entirely true. I have seen many cases where software has caused a BSOD on normally well running platforms. In fact in my 10 years in the IT game I would say that I have seen...
If that was the case why would the CVS's fix the problem for some people? And why is my system running well under 1.3?? I think...
Hi Guys, I'm new to MP, but loving it so far. Problem is when attempting to watch TV broadcast (I'm using a Compro...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HD video playback DE
what do mean by HD video file ? .dvr-ms ? .ts ? .tp ? .mpg ? .avi ?
what do mean by HD video file ? .dvr-ms ? .ts ? .tp ? .mpg ? .avi ?
Just a quick question i have a hd video and it plays in PowerDVD 6 , but not in WMP 10 or in MP, the question is how come when i...
Replies
Views
Just curious how many people have got this problem, going into fullscreen when listening to say music or radio, and not being able to come out of fullscreen until like the sound changes or you say press F2 to get the configuration screen up then you can get out of it. Just wondering if its a software or hardware related problem. here...
Just curious how many people have got this problem, going into fullscreen when listening to say music or radio, and not being able...
Just curious how many people have got this problem, going into fullscreen when listening to say music or radio, and not being able...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 FloppyDTV set up DE
Could anybody do a idiot proof set up of FireDVB-C for media portal. I need to set up Media portal from the beginning. I do not know were to start and I am not a super computer guy! I have succeded to set up my theater and get all channels to work so my card is working but I do not jnow how to set up Media portal to work with...
Could anybody do a idiot proof set up of FireDVB-C for media portal. I need to set up Media portal from the beginning. I do not...
Could anybody do a idiot proof set up of FireDVB-C for media portal. I need to set up Media portal from the beginning. I do not...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post :) I have one of the Igorplug homemade serial IR recievers and a HP MCE remote without the USB reciever. I use it with girder. It seems to work with most of the buttons, but some of them (annoyingly the up and down buttons and others) show up as the same code, so it won't work. Is there any way to get...
Hi guys, first post :) I have one of the Igorplug homemade serial IR recievers and a HP MCE remote without the USB reciever. I...
Hi guys, first post :) I have one of the Igorplug homemade serial IR recievers and a HP MCE remote without the USB reciever. I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Black screen issue DE
Would you happen to know the description? On my pc it just say Installed on 'date' which is all the same since I had a fresh install. AS
Would you happen to know the description? On my pc it just say Installed on 'date' which is all the same since I had a fresh...
I have strange behavious in MP during wake up from S3 hibernate. PC wakes but screen remains black and I can't do anything but...
Replies
Views
Hi, got the same problem here. TV only recording in 576x576, tried all codecs and setups from the PVR 150 card but no luck. Beside that i had the black bar issue on the left and rigth, fixed that with the DScaler codec ... but with that codec it only doesn´t show the bars. Still the recorded show get´s a default size of 576x576...
Hi, got the same problem here. TV only recording in 576x576, tried all codecs and setups from the PVR 150 card but no luck...
Hi, In Media portal it seems i can set the recording(which for hw cards is also the capture/viewing) quality used, but i cant...
Replies
Views
Its the newer 90002 nova-t with latest drivers. I've just installed 1.3 instead and its working fine now with vmr9 enabled :) . I still haven't worked out how to grab epg from the air (not without going down the dvb --> xmltv route) so I'm going to use xmltv instead.
Its the newer 90002 nova-t with latest drivers. I've just installed 1.3 instead and its working fine now with vmr9 enabled :) . I...
Hi guys, I'm making the switch over from mythtv cause media portal just looks so bloody good :lol:. I'm trying to get off the...
Replies
Views
Has anyone tried to mount and play an .iso with 2.0 RC1? Most of the time MediaPortal freezes and I check my task manager and the CPU usage is at 100%. Also does anybody use the Party Shuffle feature? I was thinking it was going to be great but it repeats the same songs over and over. Is there any plugin maybe to use winamp as a...
Has anyone tried to mount and play an .iso with 2.0 RC1? Most of the time MediaPortal freezes and I check my task manager and the...
Has anyone tried to mount and play an .iso with 2.0 RC1? Most of the time MediaPortal freezes and I check my task manager and the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 PCI TV Tuner Cards DE
Hi chayan, and welcome to MediaPortal.... DVB cards are for receiving digital TV and are available as PCI cards (plug into a slot in your PC motherboard) and as USB external devices. It sounds like what you are looking for is an analogue TV card (since you probably don't have digital TV in India), which are also available as PCI...
Hi chayan, and welcome to MediaPortal.... DVB cards are for receiving digital TV and are available as PCI cards (plug into a slot...
Hi I am new to media portal and was viewing the list of supported cards. Most of them are DVB cards (like Compro VideoMate DVB-T...
Replies
Views
I think the issue might be the same as described here: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8911&highlight= I notice that this problem is described as solved in Mantis( http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/mantis/view.php?id=561 ). Im wondering if perhaps the only reason its...
I think the issue might be the same as described here...
Area: Media Portal, My TV MP Version: CVS 22.oct. 19:22 and at least since 1.3 Skin: MCE Windows Version: Windows XP SP2 CPU...
Replies
Views
Hi, 1) - The automatic scan of the wizard does not work well - Add the shares of your movies manually: Setup->Movies->Shares - You do not have to add each movie / directpry, just add the root directory - Do the IMDB lookup there Setup->Movies->Database or within MP by hitting F3 on the movie / folder (with the VOBs) Flip
Hi, 1) - The automatic scan of the wizard does not work well - Add the shares of your movies manually: Setup->Movies->Shares...
Hi - first post so be gentle Just transferred from MCE to MEdia Portal as I am on the understanding taht MP will allow me to use...
Replies
Views
You mentioned satellite set top box? Do you have a tv capture card in your computer or are you feeding signal from set top box to a video capture card. If the former go Setup menu->Television->Cature card->Auto tune. If the latter I think you can only feed in the signal you have tuned on your Set top box.
You mentioned satellite set top box? Do you have a tv capture card in your computer or are you feeding signal from set top box to a...
Hi, I have been spending some hours now trying to find channels, but I am unable to get either antenna signals or signals from my...
Replies
Views
Hi, Not yet, but it's on the feature-list for the upcoming 0.2.0.0 final release. See the homepage for the full feature-list for the upcoming release. Kind regards, Michel
Hi, Not yet, but it's on the feature-list for the upcoming 0.2.0.0 final release. See the homepage for the full feature-list for...
Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I'm just setting up my HTPC, and I can't figure it out... Is there currently any way...
Replies
Views
Anyone?
Anyone?
I have a Hauppauge TV card, which I use to capture the video from my topbox. Some channels are broadcasted via cable and not via...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom