Mainboards / CPU / RAM (7 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
^^^ Heh I can't tell if that is meant to be here or in a new thread of its own haha.
^^^ Heh I can't tell if that is meant to be here or in a new thread of its own haha.
Hey guys, seems that I just shot my system. Tried to add a fresh hdd and afterwards I dont get any picture on tv/lcd with onboard...
Replies
Views
So, after few days of intensive browsing, I'm leaning towards: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3; and Intel Core i3 2100 3,1GHz or Intel Core i3 2105 3,1GHz to start with and then, if I'm not happy with integrated graphics, add: Asus GeForce ENGT440 DC Silent/DI/1GD3 Main question: 1. What do you think about that choice? And few more...
So, after few days of intensive browsing, I'm leaning towards: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3; and Intel Core i3 2100 3,1GHz or Intel...
Short story: I’m looking for a good MB (micro ATX or smaller), preferably with on-board graphics, potentially with additional...
Replies
Views
I have a Asus MB with Nvidia. I would be happy to trade for an ATI. I am not sure what "reframe greater then 4" means but many folks are running HD with MP and ATI
I have a Asus MB with Nvidia. I would be happy to trade for an ATI. I am not sure what "reframe greater then 4" means but many...
At the moment my HTPC has a ASUS Motherboard with AMD CPU. The Motherboard does not have a PCIe slot, so i can not by a new NVIDIA...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help to choose CPU DE
Thanks for all replies, now I know that I shall buy that CPU. /Juppe
Thanks for all replies, now I know that I shall buy that CPU. /Juppe
Hallo. I'm about to buy a CPU to my new motherboard, but I dont know what to buy. I have a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H motherboard...
Replies
Views
The best thing to do is try putting in another graphics card, if the problem continues then its the mobo, if not its the graphics card. To me it does sound like a graphical issue, because if the mobo was at fault, it prolly wouldn't start up into windows. Trial and error my friend :)
The best thing to do is try putting in another graphics card, if the problem continues then its the mobo, if not its the graphics...
Hi Everyone, Busting my cherry with this one. I just got home from holsto discover a problem with my dedicated HTPC and i'm...
Replies
Views
instead of the 4400+ i would take a x3 be-2300 or 2350. instead of 65w they have a tdp of 45w. i dont know the clockspeeds from memory but dispite from the number an heat these cpus should be the same (if there is a difference then it is no more than 200mhz).
instead of the 4400+ i would take a x3 be-2300 or 2350. instead of 65w they have a tdp of 45w. i dont know the clockspeeds from...
Ok, I am upgrading my current HTPC to a more modern and power/heat friendly version. Currently im using my old left over ATX AMD...
Replies
Views
Try using RMClock. There are different profiles used by the program. Performance on Demand is Cool 'n' Quiet. Then you can select a Performance/Power Saving Preference. Setting this to Power Saving Level 4 could perhaps help to avoid your spiking problem. Current official version of RMClock is 2.05. In the Forum you will find...
Try using RMClock. There are different profiles used by the program. Performance on Demand is Cool 'n' Quiet. Then you can...
I saw 0.2RC4 spiking.. at least when recording a movie. When I tried to setup CrystalCPU to benefit from Cool and Quite I have...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Choice of CPU... (1 Viewer) DE
Hmmm, not being rude, but the mobo (being cheap as in inexpensive) has proven itself to be quite reliable and stable with a decent overclock.
Hmmm, not being rude, but the mobo (being cheap as in inexpensive) has proven itself to be quite reliable and stable with a decent...
Hey guys, I got lucky and bought an opteron 150 (2.4ghz, 1mb cache) for a fraction of its price (85$ US). Now, I started...
Replies
Views
I need help, i want to build an htpc that is powerfull to serve my xbox 360 games library through ftp. The htpc would be used to play movies and series downloaded through torrent and watch netflix, youtube, etc directly to my 46" samsung tv, using hdmi. The xbox when jtag has the ability to play god format games through the network...
I need help, i want to build an htpc that is powerfull to serve my xbox 360 games library through ftp. The htpc would be used to...
I need help, i want to build an htpc that is powerfull to serve my xbox 360 games library through ftp. The htpc would be used to...
Replies
Views
AW: tv server only:mobo/OS that sleeps properly I'm using a 3 year old system as a server, runs fine: Asus M2A-VM Athlon 3800+ TV MSI TV@everywhere E-Duo DVB-T PCI Since I'm using the machine also to store and backup all kind of data, I'm running MS WHS. It's not officially supported by MP, but there's a lot of threads in the...
AW: tv server only:mobo/OS that sleeps properly I'm using a 3 year old system as a server, runs fine: Asus M2A-VM Athlon 3800+...
built a MP1.0.0 rig 1.5 years ago, its been stable ever since. . I've never upgraded my MP build (never needed to - is this some...
Replies
Views
dm15644
D
Do you mean the MSI RS482M-IL? Where are you located? In North America there are a couple models available: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130526 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130520
Do you mean the MSI RS482M-IL? Where are you located? In North America there are a couple models available...
Been reading for a couple weeks and wanted to get your thoughts on selecting a motherboard for a HTPC. The role of the HTPC will...
Replies
Views
I would recommend something like this $242 without power supply and case Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg
I would recommend something like this $242 without power supply and case Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg
I'm looking to build a media PC to compliment my HD movie collection, brand new 1080p Plasma TV, and sound system for my house...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Ion 330 DE
Barebones and commercial HTPC's - MediaPortal Forum
Barebones and commercial HTPC's - MediaPortal Forum
Noob question. I've seen references to Ion 330 motherboards in various posts and signatures. Has anybody a good working setup...
Replies
Views
RGsB -> Sync On Green YUV / YPbPr -> Component or use S-video ->Y-C All of the above can be connected to Scart and are beter quality than Composite Video (Yellow Cinch) I'd go with S-Video or stay on DataLevel with VGA (RGBHV)
RGsB -> Sync On Green YUV / YPbPr -> Component or use S-video ->Y-C All of the above can be connected to Scart and are beter...
Hello, I'm in the process of building a 2U Media Server. Does anyone have a recommendation for a motherboard that supports...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CPU choice DE
Remember that Intel CPU in general uses more power than AMD (hence develpo more heat -> more noise), and that AMD has Cool 'n Quiet functions. My rec.: Budget: Sempron w/CnQ (s754) Main: AMD64 3000+/3200+ (s939) perf. on a nForce 430 mobo (w/6150GFX) To much money: PentiumM My main rec. in bold text.
Remember that Intel CPU in general uses more power than AMD (hence develpo more heat -> more noise), and that AMD has Cool 'n Quiet...
well I am currently running media portal on a AMD sempron 2400 (pretty old). I am only using it for eveything but live tv so...
Replies
Views
In my HTPC, I am using an ASUS M2A-VM HDMI motherboard with an AMD 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz) overclocked to 2.5GHz. I am using the stock air cooler and the processor temp never exceeds 35 degrees C. Consequently, the fan never run faster than about about 1700 RPM, which I find is quite acceptably low noise. As the BE2350 is a lower power...
In my HTPC, I am using an ASUS M2A-VM HDMI motherboard with an AMD 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz) overclocked to 2.5GHz. I am using the stock...
Hi there, I'm sick of struggling with my HTPC to make it quieter and cooler... My main problem resides on the CPU: a P4 3.0...
Replies
Views
I've had pretty good success with a DFI RS482 Infinity motherboard. It has pretty much everything onboard, but it also uses the ATI200 northbridge. My only complaints were that I had to up the voltage on memory to get it to be stable, and there is no hadware DXVA support so CPU is about 20%when decoding TV/DVD.
I've had pretty good success with a DFI RS482 Infinity motherboard. It has pretty much everything onboard, but it also uses the...
Hi there, I've been working on a htpc with MP since christmas... So far I have - an Antex Fusion cabinet - wich supports...
Replies
Views
Already found some user reviews on this board that stated some problems with it concerning cooling, board layout and and materials used to create this board, everyone says the same to stay away from thisone.
Already found some user reviews on this board that stated some problems with it concerning cooling, board layout and and materials...
hello I've been looking around for a suitable motherboards to build my HTPC, anyone has any experience with this XFX 9300...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 help for new HTPC DE
tnx, I'll take a look Bye
tnx, I'll take a look Bye
Hi, I'm planning to build a new HTPC, to couple with my brand new TV, Samsung LE 46A756. I'm in doubt on the motherboard and...
Replies
Views
Went with an ivy bridge 3240 instead. This also allowed me to upgrade to the 1600Mhz ddr3 memory :)
Went with an ivy bridge 3240 instead. This also allowed me to upgrade to the 1600Mhz ddr3 memory :)
Will be used for storage, TV server (recording, timeshifting etc) and streaming for 2 or 3 clients... Core i3 2120 Asrock B75M-GL...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that info guys... nice to get some recommended brand names to start looking at.
Thanks for that info guys... nice to get some recommended brand names to start looking at.
Hi all, Sorry if this question has been done to death... but about 3 years ago I started out messing around with MediaPortal and...
Replies
Views
On the Gigabyte website, you can find a list of compatible memory. Obviously, these won't be the only ones that work, but at least you'll know they've been tested together. Worth a glance usually before buying.
On the Gigabyte website, you can find a list of compatible memory. Obviously, these won't be the only ones that work, but at least...
I currently have a GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L motherboard which says it supports DDR2 1066 RAM, so I bought a Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2...
Replies
Views
Hi, Ive read about this on the forum of Digital everywhere; FireDTV / FloppyDTV user's forum • View topic - FloppyDTV S2 - Red LED Blinking by TurnOn/Standby awakening Good luck, I guess this is the solution. Regards, Wijnand
Hi, Ive read about this on the forum of Digital everywhere; FireDTV / FloppyDTV user's forum • View topic - FloppyDTV S2...
I now have an Asus m2a-vm-hdmi motherboard but I have problems with the firewire controller (needed for the FloppyDTV tuners) and...
Replies
Views
An update on this, I just bought a new power supply and replaced the already new one that came in my htpc case. Glad to say that it fixed my blinking light on my motherboard. Hopefully this can help someone else in the future.
An update on this, I just bought a new power supply and replaced the already new one that came in my htpc case. Glad to say that it...
Hello, So I just got the final pieces for my htpc, after all the planning and pre-configuring, after all the painstaking hours...
Replies
Views
Looks like SwingSultan was correct. I bought a sapphire HD 2400 pro 8x card and I can't get it to install at all! When I install the card and start the pc, my sysyem (windows XP) just hangs every time it starts. I can go into safe mode and it finds new hardware and installs the display driver but when I try and install the ATI...
Looks like SwingSultan was correct. I bought a sapphire HD 2400 pro 8x card and I can't get it to install at all! When I install...
Sorry for the newbie question! but... I have an old Epox EP-4G4AE P4 motherboard (Intel i845G + ICH4 chipset, ATX size...
Replies
Views
What are you going to do for input? You'll need an encoder card to pull in at least one video signal. And with a lower end CPU like that you will need something with hardware encoding like a PVR-150. I started out like you with an older P4 2.4GHz machine. I knew I needed to spend the money on the encoder card($90). But once I...
What are you going to do for input? You'll need an encoder card to pull in at least one video signal. And with a lower end CPU...
I'm trying to build a media center with the old computer parts that I have, but I still need a decent CPU, and I don't know if my...
Replies
Views
If its revision b it will fit Ninja Mini Rev B: CPU Kühler, Lüfter, Lüftersteuerung, PC Netzteile von Scythe
If its revision b it will fit Ninja Mini Rev B: CPU Kühler, Lüfter, Lüftersteuerung, PC Netzteile von Scythe
So ive heard that there is a problem with silicon degradation in the new generation of i-processors with their chipset on certain...
Replies
Views
No... I will be going optical out from the mobo to the optical in on the amplifier.... hdmi out from the mobo to the tv
No... I will be going optical out from the mobo to the optical in on the amplifier.... hdmi out from the mobo to the tv
Hi all, I ended up buying the nmedia 2000b with the optional LED and am very pleased with it http://www.nmediapc.com/htpc2000.htm...
Replies
Views
Hello, I own Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX Wifi of which i built a home server using WHS back in 2010. Recently the I/O panel is not providing signal or power to the monitor, mouse, keyboard or recieving signal from the ethernet connection. Now this happened after disconnecting the 24 pin power connector from the board in order to add a...
Hello, I own Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX Wifi of which i built a home server using WHS back in 2010. Recently the I/O panel is not...
Hello, I own Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX Wifi of which i built a home server using WHS back in 2010. Recently the I/O panel is not...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have acquired an Antec Fusion case and have decided to use it as a TV server (I have an Acer R3610 which I can use as a client), however, I would like some advice on the best motherboard and processor to use. My requirements are: microATX, absolutely the lowest total energy usage possible, HDMI out (just in case), and...
Hi, I have acquired an Antec Fusion case and have decided to use it as a TV server (I have an Acer R3610 which I can use as a...
Hi, I have acquired an Antec Fusion case and have decided to use it as a TV server (I have an Acer R3610 which I can use as a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom