Newcomers Forum (35 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
Can you do everything you need with free version of Plex or did you have to sign up for monthly premium service?
Can you do everything you need with free version of Plex or did you have to sign up for monthly premium service?
Hey guys, before I begin, I want to say I appreciate any help you can offer. Basically, I have been using Windows Media Center for...
Replies
Views
I I certainly agree with Cybersimians comments and can also confirm I have never encountered the problem of the config data being wiped. With respect to the OS, if you do decide to go the MP no DRM route then forget about 8.1 and go straight to Win 10, (I believe a free upgrade is still possible), even though MS is still supporting...
I I certainly agree with Cybersimians comments and can also confirm I have never encountered the problem of the config data being...
Hello, I need some help. It appears all 6 of my tuners are detected and all of my channels are detected, but the channel test...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 EPG is unreadable DE
EPG Collector and MediaPortal are completely separate applications, EPG Collector can only provide EPG data, the channels are missing from your DVB-T scans in MediaPortal. From your logs, you're only finding TVNZ mux on 28/530MHz with "signal:0 quality:9" (out of 100) so it may well be the wrong region. If the EPG Collector side of...
EPG Collector and MediaPortal are completely separate applications, EPG Collector can only provide EPG data, the channels are...
Hi I have installed MediaPortal 1.18. I have downloaded the EPG after some help I found on the WEB, but although it has downloaded...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Installing 1.19.0 DE
Run Setup program MediaPortalSetup_1.19.0_Final again using Update Option rather than Repair Option.
Run Setup program MediaPortalSetup_1.19.0_Final again using Update Option rather than Repair Option.
I uninstalled 1.18. When I install 1.19 and try to start MP it says TV Plugin and Media Portal don't have the same version (they...
Replies
Views
I have a skywalker card installed on a 3ghz quad core cpu with 8gb`s of ram .Lately I`ve have been noticing some channels have been droping ,but media portal is still working .I am using a legacy swich and lnb`s .Will there be a new tp list to resolve issue cheers !
I have a skywalker card installed on a 3ghz quad core cpu with 8gb`s of ram .Lately I`ve have been noticing some channels have been...
I have a skywalker card installed on a 3ghz quad core cpu with 8gb`s of ram .Lately I`ve have been noticing some channels have been...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 IPTV Chanels DE
IPTV (DVB-IP)
IPTV (DVB-IP)
Hello, Can anyone tell me if MP will do IPTV channels? Thank you Bruce
Replies
Views
Try Vader Streams
Try Vader Streams
I am having a hard time finding ANY ip tv stations that work in the U.S. Does anyone have any I can try? Single station or m3u's?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 2 questions DE
1) There was InfoService plugin. Idon't know if it's compatible with modern MediPortal versions. InfoService 2) The main way to watch stream is OnlineVideos plugin OnlineVideos If it is possible to watch smth it will be possible through it. Here is the thread about Netflix Netflix for OnlineVideos
1) There was InfoService plugin. Idon't know if it's compatible with modern MediPortal versions. InfoService 2) The main way to...
1. How do I configure the RSS feed? 2. How do I watch streaming services such as Netflix and Stan with this MediaPortal1 thingamajig?
Replies
Views
Hi. Yes, but once you've done this work you will never got any issues matching your videos in any HTPC software again. Good prepared media makes it an easy task to recognize and import them correctly into MP, Kodi, Plex, Emby,...
Hi. Yes, but once you've done this work you will never got any issues matching your videos in any HTPC software again. Good...
First off, hello to all. I'm in the middle of assembling my HTPC project, and am looking forward to seeing how MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
Ok, I had this also and it wasn't the firewall either. It was the Wake On Lan setting on the server PC. My server PC has onboard Intel network interface cards. I only could solve it with the latest network drivers where I enabled Wake On Lan. the previous Wake On Lan implementation was faulty. in the latest drivers it was working...
Ok, I had this also and it wasn't the firewall either. It was the Wake On Lan setting on the server PC. My server PC has onboard...
Hi, I'm new to MediaPortal and have installed the latest download of version 2. I have configured the TV server and that all...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Cannot setup Radio DE
Add SHOUTcast Channels Go to website Broadcast and Monetize Your Station with SHOUTcast Select Genre and stream name to add. For example I used below channel with 320 bit rate MP3 stream. 1.FM - BAY SMOOTH JAZZ RADIO (www.1.fm) Smooth Jazz 222 320 MP3 Click highlighted Download icon. Select highlighted download option m3u and save...
Add SHOUTcast Channels Go to website Broadcast and Monetize Your Station with SHOUTcast Select Genre and stream name to add. For...
Hi, I recently installed Mediaportal 1 and was able to get the tv, tv guide, videos, pictures working. i installed a radio plugin...
Replies
Views
you can try the 1.19 PreRelease or wait the final version
you can try the 1.19 PreRelease or wait the final version
I spent several hours reading post after post on trying to get MP to load and play my BD ISO files with menus, without any luck...
Replies
Views
Yes, I know... and the answer is no. As it says in our wiki/manual, in terms of capture (ie. not tuners), MediaPortal's TV Server currently supports Hauppauge HD-PVR and Colossus... and that's all. Some capture inputs on analog tuner cards/devices may also work, but in my opinion you're unlikely to find anything in that direction...
Yes, I know... and the answer is no. As it says in our wiki/manual, in terms of capture (ie. not tuners), MediaPortal's TV Server...
I am attempting to set up a back end PVR for Kodi that will support a 4k capture card and am not having a lot of luck getting the...
Replies
Views
I use schedules direct here in the US and it updates nightly so that won't work for me. There probably is no solution. I just realized that even if I could stop my recording early, that does not help with the conflict since it is based on the schedule not my recordings. Thanks for the thought.
I use schedules direct here in the US and it updates nightly so that won't work for me. There probably is no solution. I just...
I get a conflict every time a TV show claims that it stops one minute past the hour. That causes a conflict with the next hour...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 fan art cloned DE
In folders on screenshot Thumb/Fanart picture present (with name like folder.jpg, etc)? Try delete ... -- WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:
In folders on screenshot Thumb/Fanart picture present (with name like folder.jpg, etc)? Try delete ... -- WBR, ajs...
Hi Guys, Now I've this problem with MP configurations. My movies collection appears with same icon fan art! See the images Any...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 No result found DE
Thank you "shares view" is the solution!
Thank you "shares view" is the solution!
Hi guys, I configured mediaportal, but when I press Video icon MP shows me "No result found" (please see images) Where Did I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 No Sound DE
Yep me too not sure what really happen but i think i have fixed it for the next 1.19 Final :P
Yep me too not sure what really happen but i think i have fixed it for the next 1.19 Final :P
Hello, I have been using Media Portal 1 many years now and it has mostly worked very well. But for two days I have no sound in the...
Replies
Views
I cannot confirm whether 306000 kHz is a valid frequency. In fact a quick google search suggests it is not: DVB-T Frequency Table for Greece (PAL) Perhaps you can find the correct frequencies by examining the ArcSoft and/or SichboPVR settings. Whatever the case, please follow the normal procedure and provide log files as is expected.
I cannot confirm whether 306000 kHz is a valid frequency. In fact a quick google search suggests it is not: DVB-T Frequency Table...
I have installed in my Windows 10 Pro build 1709 MediaPortal 1. Following the installation guide, I installed the server/client...
Replies
Views
Yep port 555 did the trick. Thanks for your help.
Yep port 555 did the trick. Thanks for your help.
I have two Win10 PCs on my home network. One has MP2 server and client installed and this works fine. On the second PC I have...
Replies
Views
I just installed MP2 on a stable Win 10 computer. I have been successfully using James River for watching and recording ATSC TV via my two HD homerun tuners, so I know that all my hardware works. Trying to configure my tuners resulted in an error after the configuration was almost finished. (see attachments) What next? There...
I just installed MP2 on a stable Win 10 computer. I have been successfully using James River for watching and recording ATSC TV...
I just installed MP2 on a stable Win 10 computer. I have been successfully using James River for watching and recording ATSC TV...
Replies
Views
Mmm, I should also say... Usually Comskip is configured to analyse recordings after they complete. In other words: if you choose to view a recording while it is still completing, you normally shouldn't expect to see commercial markers.
Mmm, I should also say... Usually Comskip is configured to analyse recordings after they complete. In other words: if you choose...
Nine years ago I tried setting up MP TVServer. I didn't get far, so I ended up going with WMC for several years. Then for the past...
Replies
Views
Hi guys my problem is solved by installing the drivers that came with my ASYS motherboard, \I forgot to do so after reinstalling Windows. MP now startsup ok. I now face other issues but I will first do some reading. in the wiki pages FAQ when you are finished you can close this thread.
Hi guys my problem is solved by installing the drivers that came with my ASYS motherboard, \I forgot to do so after reinstalling...
Hi I used to run an old version of Mediaportal, worked fine. because of update problems with my windows 7, I did a new install of...
Replies
Views
Quick update: tried both cards on my laptop with a fresh reinstall of MP1.18 and both work fine (did the usual tests as per my previous posts, no discontinuities where detected). I'm still convinced that this is not an hardware issue on my HTPC since MP2 and other programs are working just fine. The results with the laptop suggest...
Quick update: tried both cards on my laptop with a fresh reinstall of MP1.18 and both work fine (did the usual tests as per my...
Hi First of all what a great product Media Portal is, looking like a successor to my WMC set up. Unfortunately I can't record...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the message. I did the tests you suggest. I think its either a hardware or Windows fault as well :-(
Thanks for the message. I did the tests you suggest. I think its either a hardware or Windows fault as well :-(
I have completed the installation of MP2 and sorted our my config issues (with a little assistance from the forum - thanks) and I...
Replies
Views
All solid now. My error :-(
All solid now. My error :-(
I have had several attempts to install MP2. Faults appear after the twin HD tuners have been installed, and the channel lists...
Replies
Views
It allows to add for example movies, series or music files. MediaPortal will then manage the files and download additional information (e.g. content, actors, ...) and FanArt.
It allows to add for example movies, series or music files. MediaPortal will then manage the files and download additional...
I'm brand new to MediaPortal and ejoying getting to know it better. I have it installed OK and can view and record live TV. I set...
Replies
Views
Never mind: Have it now. Not sure what happened. Either I missed the "will you be using MP to watch TV" in the auto install, or that question did not appear. At any rate, I have it now with a "fresh install."
Never mind: Have it now. Not sure what happened. Either I missed the "will you be using MP to watch TV" in the auto install, or...
Previous happy user of MP 1.18 pre-release, for broadcast TV viewing only. New HD with OS reinstalled (Win 7 home premium 32-bit)...
Replies
Views
Version 1.18 sorted this problem out thank you!
Version 1.18 sorted this problem out thank you!
I have been using MediaPortal for several years, very happily - not updating as time passed. I have just migrated to a new PC...
Replies
Views
Please read the wiki page that I linked in my previous reply. All possible resolution options are explained there. No.
Please read the wiki page that I linked in my previous reply. All possible resolution options are explained there. No.
just installed latest MP. When i hit TV Server Configuration i get this error message. Any suggestions...... My HW is OK and i've...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been on a long and frustrating journey with this. All channels appear to be mapped and can be watched using MP2, why can't I get a EGP TV guide to work using the included plugins? See these two threads: MP2.1.1 Manual TV Channel Setup TV Configuration Always Crashes on Channel Search - New Win10 and MP2 Install
Hi, I've been on a long and frustrating journey with this. All channels appear to be mapped and can be watched using MP2, why...
Hi, I've been on a long and frustrating journey with this. All channels appear to be mapped and can be watched using MP2, why...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom