Newcomers Forum (51 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
Thanks, mine was Mediaportal2 server service
Thanks, mine was Mediaportal2 server service
how do I change the server service settings to delayed which gets around the time shift error, I cant find it anywhere on the mp
Replies
Views
Jep this part is missing in Wiki, sorry. You can find the codec settings under "Settings" > "Player" > "Codecs" in the MP2 GUI. Here are three sub- items to find. You should look at all of them...
Jep this part is missing in Wiki, sorry. You can find the codec settings under "Settings" > "Player" > "Codecs" in the MP2 GUI...
I am a new user of MP2 and having problems configuring it with a PCTV HD 292e DVB-T USB Tuner. I'm running the latest Windows 10...
Replies
Views
Solved VNC did also work with the new monitor setup OK, decided to go to the most basic level and hooked this PC up to an HDMI monitor instead of the old tiny VGA monitor it was hooked up to for testing and it worked fine. So must have been something related to that old monitor or drivers or whatever. Haven't yet checked to see if...
Solved VNC did also work with the new monitor setup OK, decided to go to the most basic level and hooked this PC up to an HDMI...
*Update Recordings do work and I can view them from the folder but can't thru the client. Link for "system specs" isn't working...
Replies
Views
Please specify the content of the popup with a screenshot or similar and add log files, so we can see what is going on in the background.
Please specify the content of the popup with a screenshot or similar and add log files, so we can see what is going on in the...
While watching TV or online videos (BBC iPlayer for example) I get the info box popping up at random for a few secconds, then...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Migrating from WMC (2 Viewers) DE
Hi. Network tuners can be shared even on the same PC (done it often while testing different software, I'm using SAT>IP tuner that are similar to hdhomerun tuner but for European DVB). But you can not use them on both systems at the same time ofc.. Means if WMC is using a tuner (e,g, for a scheduled recording) MP can't use the same...
Hi. Network tuners can be shared even on the same PC (done it often while testing different software, I'm using SAT>IP tuner that...
I have been running Windows Media Centre happily for years on Win 7 Pro, more recently with EPG123 as an intermediary providing...
Replies
Views
i think i am now sorted. was previewing BBC 1 HD, but still setting things up. bit of a learning curve :) found the simple way to reset the data base. pressed clear button when configuring tv channels :cool: a re-scan and all seems ok now. its two steps forward, one step back. thought MP2 was more intuitive than MP1, or is it just...
i think i am now sorted. was previewing BBC 1 HD, but still setting things up. bit of a learning curve :) found the simple way to...
New to Mediaportal 2 and the mediaportal TV server, having used Argus in my last MP1 set up. I am having trouble viewing BBC HD...
Replies
Views
I've recently installed MP2 and Kodi on a Firestick to try and stream recorded OTA TV over Wifi. Quality is good, but not great (interlacing issues, some artifacts - I posted this in a separate thread). In terms of streaming from Mediaportal (inc transcoding, also based on available network bandwidth) to other devices on the Wifi...
I've recently installed MP2 and Kodi on a Firestick to try and stream recorded OTA TV over Wifi. Quality is good, but not great...
I've recently installed MP2 and Kodi on a Firestick to try and stream recorded OTA TV over Wifi. Quality is good, but not great...
Replies
Views
Hi - Thanks for the information. The problem seems to have been solved, not sure what solved it but I re-installed all the codecs, I did find that I had more than one set of drivers for my tuner card which I have now removed. Regards John C
Hi - Thanks for the information. The problem seems to have been solved, not sure what solved it but I re-installed all the codecs...
Hi All I have installed MP2 on a WIN 10 platform using DVB-T tuner cards. Everything appears to have installed correctly, I can...
Replies
Views
So I am a complete newbie to this I've tried others, Anyway I have successfully setup mediaportal 2 and the tv server, I can watch on my pc, I have added TVServerKodi Plugin and opened the port on my router, but when i try to open the client it never connects to the server? I verified i have the correct port in the pvr client and...
So I am a complete newbie to this I've tried others, Anyway I have successfully setup mediaportal 2 and the tv server, I can watch...
So I am a complete newbie to this I've tried others, Anyway I have successfully setup mediaportal 2 and the tv server, I can watch...
Replies
Views
Ok i need to ask. Dont have so much time nowdays. I have an old server running and I have MP1 v1.9.0 tv server on that. And my new client a HTPC i want to run MP1 newest version as an client. You Think it can work with an old tvserver ? Cant upgrade cause an old windows 2003 server version..
Ok i need to ask. Dont have so much time nowdays. I have an old server running and I have MP1 v1.9.0 tv server on that. And my new...
Hello. I have used MP for several years now. But my HTPC crashed and now I have a new one with Windows 10. I have a few questions...
Replies
Views
It sure is capable of doing that. Used it like that myself for years. Perhaps some logs from the client that didn't play the tvstream can help
It sure is capable of doing that. Used it like that myself for years. Perhaps some logs from the client that didn't play the...
Hi I have set my server up with 3 Satellite cards all appears to be working, I can stream two different channels to two clients...
Replies
Views
Look - MPTvScheduler - Android client for MediaPortal and TvServer
Look - MPTvScheduler - Android client for MediaPortal and TvServer
Searching the forum, I've been unable to discern if MP1/2 can stream to any non PC devices, such as Roku or Android players. I've...
Replies
Views
Yo use Basic Home page or Classic Home page? Home Screen You can switch MyVideo to Database view - Database Views If you do not use Media Portal to watch TV, then you do not need it. If you are using it, check if the TV plug-in is enabled in the settings and whether it is displayed on the home screen. - Plugin Config Did you see...
Yo use Basic Home page or Classic Home page? Home Screen You can switch MyVideo to Database view - Database Views If you do not...
Hi. I am a first time user of MP1. My home page has the following tabs : Plugins/Settings/Videos/Music/Pictures. I can click on any...
Replies
Views
Sorry "but there was to text movie summary (Q3). I can see the text summary in the editor". Should be "but there was NO text movie summary (Q3). I can see the text summary in the editor".
Sorry "but there was to text movie summary (Q3). I can see the text summary in the editor". Should be "but there was NO text movie...
Sorry "but there was to text movie summary (Q3). I can see the text summary in the editor". Should be "but there was NO text movie...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Unwanted recording DE
Aha! So not only do I not need to create a dummy entry in the schedule, I don't even need to export the xml and edit it! Things get easier and easier!
Aha! So not only do I not need to create a dummy entry in the schedule, I don't even need to export the xml and edit it! Things get...
Why does MP2 record 11 minutes of TV every day at 17:17? It's not on the schedule and I've no recollection of ever asking it to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Date format DE
The display of the day in additon to time is subject to the skin that you are using. WMC is not displaying the weekday, but a BlueVision skin does. This screen seems to be using the format that corresponds to the original Windows OS language (suggesting that you are using a US Windows). I switched to UK settings here, yet this screen...
The display of the day in additon to time is subject to the skin that you are using. WMC is not displaying the weekday, but a...
Why doesn't MP2 use the computer's regional settings to set the date format, why is it so difficult to set the date format to UK...
Replies
Views
don't worry, if win7 64bit, it will be compatible W10. i have old hauppauge done for win XP :whistle:
don't worry, if win7 64bit, it will be compatible W10. i have old hauppauge done for win XP :whistle:
Hi everyone! I found a good deal for a new-in-box (NOS) Hauppage Wintv HVR-5525 TV Tuner card and I'm considering buying it even...
Replies
Views
Hello and welcome to MediaPortal! Most of your questions are very standard and repeatedly asked - and replied to. ;) Asimple internet search should give you plenty of answers, that you need of course to find your way through. Hardware is not decisive, both will work I recommend to drop SD and use the "EPG-Buddy" in connection with...
Hello and welcome to MediaPortal! Most of your questions are very standard and repeatedly asked - and replied to. ;) Asimple...
It's looking like SageTV and it's support is dying a slow death at this point so I am looking at alternatives. I have a few...
Replies
Views
Per HTPSourcer's recommendation, I decided to ditch MP1 and start over again with MP2. At first MP2 wouldn't work at all, but after uninstalling MP1, and MP2, and all the plug-ins, and rebooting multiple times, and more uninstalls, I finally got it. Yay! I don't have any hair left on my head, but at least I have MP2 working! I can...
Per HTPSourcer's recommendation, I decided to ditch MP1 and start over again with MP2. At first MP2 wouldn't work at all, but after...
I've tried multiple searches to sort out the issues I'm having, but many of the posts are quite old and so far I'm not getting...
Replies
Views
Hi CyberSimian & Lichloathe I have followed Instructions provided by CyberSimian and have successfully renumbered the Chanel 7 Stations Thanks to both of you for your interest in my problem Regards RussellH
Hi CyberSimian & Lichloathe I have followed Instructions provided by CyberSimian and have successfully renumbered the Chanel 7...
Hi I am new to Media Portal 1 Have tuned in all Brisbane Australia TV stations All are listed with their correct channel no i.e...
Replies
Views
Thanks CyberSimian, I'll see what I can find at the Green Button web site.
Thanks CyberSimian, I'll see what I can find at the Green Button web site.
Hi Folks, I have a Dell XPS Desktop computer that I've had an Analog Angel USB TV Tuner hooked up to for the past 5+ years that...
Replies
Views
Good idea. I will try that. I may found have something here: RC: Simple Fix for Windows XP MediaCenter 2004 (Post 6 by...
Good idea. I will try that. I may found have something here: RC: Simple Fix for Windows XP MediaCenter 2004 (Post 6 by...
Hi, I've been using Media Portal now for several years and never experienced any problems. It's a fantastic piece of software. At...
Replies
Views
On the odd occasion when I have run into problems installing MP specifically delete all of the following:- C:/Program Files (x86)/Team Media Portal C:/Program Data/Team Media Portal (if Program Data is not visible you must unhide system folders) If MySQL is installed uninstall it via the Control Panel and delete C:/Program Files/MySQL...
On the odd occasion when I have run into problems installing MP specifically delete all of the following:- C:/Program Files...
On Win 10 I uninstalled all previous references to Media Portal, downloaded version 1.22 and during the install i consistently...
Replies
Views
How do you DISABLE it? It dos not show in the server config. Thanks, DA
How do you DISABLE it? It dos not show in the server config. Thanks, DA
After s full afternoon of trying to install MP, I finally succeded but don't know how. I also downloaded Schedules Direct but it...
Replies
Views
After a full afternoon of trying to install MP 1.23 I opted for 1.22 which, somehow, I was able to get installed. Then I got the latest version of SD and it failed to play nicely with 1.22 . The SD version was SchedulesDirectPluginTV3,dll. Then, I literally searched for every occurrence of this plugin and deleted it. But still the TV...
After a full afternoon of trying to install MP 1.23 I opted for 1.22 which, somehow, I was able to get installed. Then I got the...
Which version of Schedules Direct works with MP 1.23? Where do I get it from? Where do I put it on my computer? Thanks, DA
Replies
Views
I installed a plugin for Schedules direct. MP indicates that it is damaged and will not work. I have deleted every reference I can find to this plugin and yet the Configuration Manager keeps telling me that this version does not work. I downloaded a different version of the plugin but I can't seem to get MP to recognize the newer...
I installed a plugin for Schedules direct. MP indicates that it is damaged and will not work. I have deleted every reference I can...
I installed a plugin for Schedules direct. MP indicates that it is damaged and will not work. I have deleted every reference I can...
Replies
Views
Or is it just a case of adding backslashes to the "Custom paths and filenames" format, to add sub-folder levels? E.g. %title%/%title% In addition, how can the year of the Movie be added to the filename e.g. "Ponyo (2008)"? Again, this is required by Kodi for scraping purposes, to differentiate between different remakes. Naming...
Or is it just a case of adding backslashes to the "Custom paths and filenames" format, to add sub-folder levels? E.g...
We are using the MediaPortal 2 Server to record live TV movies and series, and Kodi as the client to view the recorded material...
Replies
Views
Ok. Thanks again :)
Ok. Thanks again :)
Been using MediaPortal for some years, haven't used the Video Database until now though. Have some newbie questions. 1. Grabber to...
Replies
Views
I am not sure that I understand what setup you are trying to achieve. Some suggestions: (1) Place the PC adjacent to the TV. Connect the video output from the PC to the video input on the TV. Most desktop PCs and laptops have HDMI output sockets these days, and most modern TVs have HDMI input sockets, so you simply need an...
I am not sure that I understand what setup you are trying to achieve. Some suggestions: (1) Place the PC adjacent to the TV...
I currently have Media Portal installed on just my PC as a library and viewing platform for my personal collection of videos and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am new to networking and stuff but I want to change the outgoing stream that tv-server outputs from RTSP to UDP, is there anyone who can point me in the right direction to start doing this? It doesn't matter if timeshift is involved as long as the outgoing stream is in the UDP://12345 sort of format instead of RTSP://`12345. I...
Hi, I am new to networking and stuff but I want to change the outgoing stream that tv-server outputs from RTSP to UDP, is there...
Hi, I am new to networking and stuff but I want to change the outgoing stream that tv-server outputs from RTSP to UDP, is there...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom