Newcomers Forum (70 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
@koesterkm , although not using MP1 anymore I remember that the resolution of this problem for me consisted of either entering the computer name or the numeric IP address. Have you tried to enter your local IP (alternatively the loopback 127.0.0.1)?
@koesterkm , although not using MP1 anymore I remember that the resolution of this problem for me consisted of either entering the...
When I try to watch Recorded TV, MP is having trouble these past few days. Instead of giving me my list of recorded shows, it...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 xml file for perfect player (1 Viewer) DE
hello if you use TVserver, you can use tvguide.lst XmlTv Plugin
hello if you use TVserver, you can use tvguide.lst XmlTv Plugin
Hi guys, first real question on this fantastic forum. I have scanned a playlist and mapped my channels and have full epg in the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help with WebEPG DE
hi can I post in this thread.? I need help with mediaportal 1 to create an xml file to use in simple client. I have full epg in media portal tv guide,, but when I use the tv.guide.xml file written by webepg I get no epg date in kodi simple client..What am i doing wrong?
hi can I post in this thread.? I need help with mediaportal 1 to create an xml file to use in simple client. I have full epg in...
I am new to MediaPortal. I tried MP2, but it would not install, so I installed MP1. It seems to run OK, but I'm having difficulty...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Time&Time Format DE
Thanks for your replies! I already fearer that it is directly linked to the Win10 settings, and ignores the date/time display formats configured in the MP2 skins. My win10 is configured to show all button captions, menu names, settings and so on in English - so it's easier to follow hints from the internet when I've to fix/configure...
Thanks for your replies! I already fearer that it is directly linked to the Win10 settings, and ignores the date/time display...
Hi, I'm new here, so let's start with a hello" to everyone ;) I'm using media Portal 2 now for one or two months and it's my first...
Replies
Views
I also am getting a lot of pixelation when recording.
I also am getting a lot of pixelation when recording.
MP works as per normal for a while when setting up a recording and then randomly locks up. Work around is CTRL+ALT+DEL then report...
Replies
Views
Thank you so much, that worked perfectly Very much appreciate the prompt assistance! Mark
Thank you so much, that worked perfectly Very much appreciate the prompt assistance! Mark
Hi all, I'm new to MP & this forum, so apologies if I'm doing anything stupid here. I've recently built a Win10 PC to be my media...
Replies
Views
Hi I’ve downloaded MediaPortal 2 on my hp server running windows 10. I’d like to access my media via a web interface in any devices; is it possible to do that?
Hi I’ve downloaded MediaPortal 2 on my hp server running windows 10. I’d like to access my media via a web interface in any...
Am I correct in thinking that if I want web access to the EPG (over the Internet), then I need the current version of MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Newbie questions (1 Viewer) DE
BIG thanks... I'll try it and probably have to get back to you with more questions... :-)
BIG thanks... I'll try it and probably have to get back to you with more questions... :-)
Hi all, coming from Kodi and JRiver I wanted to try MP... I have very few mandatory requirements: MadVR is a must... so MP2 seems...
Replies
Views
I am still here, thanks for the input, so I have now settled on mp1, I am not afraid of a lot of tweaking. Good news on tuners is I can run side by side with my WMC setup, as my tuners are using DVBlink to combine channels for WMC, so WMC is using 8 virtual tuners from DVBlink while MP is using the tuners directly. Of course they are...
I am still here, thanks for the input, so I have now settled on mp1, I am not afraid of a lot of tweaking. Good news on tuners is...
No doubt I am not the first to make this journey so hopefully all can be achieved. So in short I have been running WMC for 8 years...
Replies
Views
Hi, I installed Mediaportal 1.22 with the My Films plugins and started the grab of my files all stored in separate folders, one for each movie. Within each folder there is the .nfo file created with MediaCompanion and there are all the artwork files including the covers that are named according to the "movie title - poster.jpg" rule...
Hi, I installed Mediaportal 1.22 with the My Films plugins and started the grab of my files all stored in separate folders, one for...
Hi, I installed Mediaportal 1.22 with the My Films plugins and started the grab of my files all stored in separate folders, one for...
Replies
Views
how do i install sever on mac.please give a solution
Replies
Views
Thank you for your reply ge2301. I think that with my actual hardware setup, manual scheduling is my only option. I am located in Quebec, Canada. The source for my tv signal is digital cable encrypted channels. My TV tuner card is analogic. The cable company provided a decoder box (digital to analogic) that I connect to the TV tuner...
Thank you for your reply ge2301. I think that with my actual hardware setup, manual scheduling is my only option. I am located in...
I am new to MP2 and not too knowledgeable on computers. I installed MP2 yesterday and managed to make it work, i.e., I can watch...
Replies
Views
Use mc2xml to get the data from SD. This will produce an XML file that the XMLTV plugin will recognise - once you have moved and renamed the mc2xml default xml file to the location/name that XMLTV expects. If you want access to the Series/Episode No. data then you will need to run a post-process on the mc2xml output before you pass...
Use mc2xml to get the data from SD. This will produce an XML file that the XMLTV plugin will recognise - once you have moved and...
G'day to all..Newb here and first time user of MP. Fortunately, I have used various HTPC solutions so I do know something about MP...
Replies
Views
If you get it working then let me know because I never did. I would still like to know if MP is a viable pvr option for Kodi ds and if it is I still might use it someday.
If you get it working then let me know because I never did. I would still like to know if MP is a viable pvr option for Kodi ds...
I have setup MP 1 successfully in the past but this time I'm at kind of a loss. Before I go into details about my issues I want to...
Replies
Views
Read: 4K display error - blurry green + zoomed in UI and player
Read: 4K display error - blurry green + zoomed in UI and player
I just purchased an nVidia 1050 graphics card and did a fresh install of MedaPortal 1.20.0. For some reason I have this strange...
Replies
Views
@Nikki Locke , we have moved your postings into a separate thread in the MP2 section! YOu should have received messages about it.
@Nikki Locke , we have moved your postings into a separate thread in the MP2 section! YOu should have received messages about it.
I have an existing media centre pc, which has a black gold TV tuner in it. I am getting twitchy about Windows media centre not...
Replies
Views
Hello, I assume that you are referring to MediaPortal 2. Please note that MP 2 is an independent development Not to my knowledge. Open your TV setup, look for the Export tab, tick all options and then export everything. All your TV settings will be saved to the file export.xml. You can now uninstall your MP1 setup and install MP2...
Hello, I assume that you are referring to MediaPortal 2. Please note that MP 2 is an independent development Not to my knowledge...
W7 64; AMD A8-7670K radeon R7; 16Gb ram; 120Gb ssd boot drive; 2+TB storage; 2x (Hauppage Nova-DT Dual DVB-T tuner +IR) If it is...
Replies
Views
I'm returning to MediaPortal after a long absence and looking for guidance as how to proceed from my current outdated setup. Should I uninstall my old installation of 1.12 and do a new clean install? If I'm doing a new install, should I go with 2.2 or 1.2? My functional needs are: 1- Recording/watching Live TV programs 2- Functioning...
I'm returning to MediaPortal after a long absence and looking for guidance as how to proceed from my current outdated setup. Should...
I'm returning to MediaPortal after a long absence and looking for guidance as how to proceed from my current outdated setup. Should...
Replies
Views
N
Is there another 3rd party software that can interface with the WinTV dualHD USB TV tuner card? ------------
Is there another 3rd party software that can interface with the WinTV dualHD USB TV tuner card? ------------
MediaPortal looks as if it may be more then what I actually need. I want to use MediaPortal in lieu of Hauppauge WinTV (currently...
Replies
Views
Netspeedz
N
billis & wjw, Thank you for providing your responses and yes, I do have the HDMI connected directly thru the video card and not the motherboard. MadVR isn't as straight forward as I would like as there are a plethora of tweaking options and I do not understand as to each and every option does or how each effects the visual outcome...
billis & wjw, Thank you for providing your responses and yes, I do have the HDMI connected directly thru the video card and not...
I have been searching for a long time for guidance on how to properly setup my HTPC with a nVidia graphics card for the best...
Replies
Views
I managed to delete all preset channels and channel groups. Then I scanned satellite 28.2East and exported the TV and radio channels, see attached file. Now search in this file for "ITV" including the double quotes. You will find multiple "ITV" entries in the <channel > as well as in the <channelgroup>, as <map>, but there is no...
I managed to delete all preset channels and channel groups. Then I scanned satellite 28.2East and exported the TV and radio...
I managed to delete all preset channels and channel groups. Then I scanned satellite 28.2East and exported the TV and radio...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 iptv addon? DE
Hello is there a way to adapt the epg to Xtream-codes?for IPTV
Replies
Views
Sorry for not responding in french, but you can try that in onlinevideos (if it's video, and not audio--only) There's no standard way to do this at the moment, but with a bit of tweaking, you probably can do this. That is, if Mediaportal does support the streams... Is that m3u publicly viewable? If so, I can test if it will work and...
Sorry for not responding in french, but you can try that in onlinevideos (if it's video, and not audio--only) There's no standard...
bonjour a tous ou et comment placer une liste m3u dans mediaportal pour voir les chaines merci d'avance meilleurs salutations...
Replies
Views
The captions are missing probably once every two or three minutes. (In my original post I wrote MPC when I should have written MP.)
The captions are missing probably once every two or three minutes. (In my original post I wrote MPC when I should have written MP.)
I upgraded to MP1 1.17 and got an error when installing: "invalid file handler 32". I clicked ok and it installed anyway. Now when...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I guess you read many posting here about TV stuttering. Therefore I'm sorry to write a similar question to this topic. However, i think, this posting is a bit different from most of the other postings: Here is my scenario: Mediaportal is running at my home for several years now and without any problems. It's a great...
Hey guys, I guess you read many posting here about TV stuttering. Therefore I'm sorry to write a similar question to this topic...
Hey guys, I guess you read many posting here about TV stuttering. Therefore I'm sorry to write a similar question to this topic...
Replies
Views
I want to enable a guest to watch OTA tv on the guest account on my desktop PC, running Windows 7 (Home, 32-bit). I give guest full control in Permissions, and yet I can't open MP on the guest account without running as Administrator. I realize this may be a Windows question, ultimately, but can anyone give me a hint? I had this...
I want to enable a guest to watch OTA tv on the guest account on my desktop PC, running Windows 7 (Home, 32-bit). I give guest...
I want to enable a guest to watch OTA tv on the guest account on my desktop PC, running Windows 7 (Home, 32-bit). I give guest...
Replies
Views
Many thanks to @Owlsroost and @JimCatMP : I will try these solutions tonight (GMT+10). Cheers!
Many thanks to @Owlsroost and @JimCatMP : I will try these solutions tonight (GMT+10). Cheers!
My MP1 installation (HTPC + TV-Server) got a little wobbly (items not working, plugins not uninstalling properly, etc...) I tried...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP 2??? DE
Gentlemen, please. This discussion is of the same kind as many similar ones before and likely to confuse anybody who is not familiar with the development history. There will always be specifics on one product that are important to somebody and others that are not. There's no good nor bad and there's no "use this or the other version"...
Gentlemen, please. This discussion is of the same kind as many similar ones before and likely to confuse anybody who is not...
Hello everybody, I possibly don't count as a newcomer, but I don't follow MP too much these days (or the forums at all). My...
Replies
Views
All I get in trying to preview a channel in the TV-Server Configuration module is a black screen. I have confirmed that tsReader is registered. Attached is the log file generated while I tried to preview channel 13HD. Please help!!
All I get in trying to preview a channel in the TV-Server Configuration module is a black screen. I have confirmed that tsReader is...
All I get in trying to preview a channel in the TV-Server Configuration module is a black screen. I have confirmed that tsReader is...
Replies
Views
Yes, better there.
Yes, better there.
NOTE: Original post edited to update on each issue. Hi all, This is my first post on here, having just come from a fairly well...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom