Operating System (6 Viewers)

Discuss everything about Operating Systems in here.
I gave up.... The native driver shows the same behaviour. After coming back from standby the computer tries to verify a network connection continously. It seems the routine is caught in an endless loopback. I'll go and buy a discrete NIC now.
I gave up.... The native driver shows the same behaviour. After coming back from standby the computer tries to verify a network...
Hello all, I ran out of options to solve the following problem and I need your advice. After return from standby or...
Replies
Views
Well someone has to be lucky, might as well be you :D
Well someone has to be lucky, might as well be you :D
Yesterday Microsoft released the Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and Windows 2008. Anyone has applied it already on a PC with...
Replies
Views
Hi Hafblade. Very good point, I thought that it was simply windows resuming from sleep that made hard drives spin up. I shall test tonight with the side of my PC taken off. I did find this - http://reboot.pro/16267/ It is not absolutely clear, but am I right in thinking that the only way to stop Hard Drives spinning up on...
Hi Hafblade. Very good point, I thought that it was simply windows resuming from sleep that made hard drives spin up. I shall...
Hi there, I am using Windows 7 in my Standalone Setup. I already have three hard drives in there and am thinking of getting a...
Replies
Views
Yeh nothing working. although i can see the receiver red light when i press a button.
Yeh nothing working. although i can see the receiver red light when i press a button.
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1 MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP Windows Version: Windows XP SP3 CPU Type: AMD Athlon II X2 245e HDD...
Replies
Views
I am using Dataram RAMDisk free (non commercial license) in Windows 7 64bit, works great and it's free. See the MediaPortal Manual here: TV-Server/UserGuides/Ramdisk - MediaPortal Manual Documentation -Jason
I am using Dataram RAMDisk free (non commercial license) in Windows 7 64bit, works great and it's free. See the MediaPortal Manual...
Hello, can anybody tell me how to inastall a Ramdrive with Win7 64bit? Thanks!
Replies
Views
Easy TIME and you forget, even mine is not fully upto date :(
Easy TIME and you forget, even mine is not fully upto date :(
Ive been out of the MP loop for a year or so now (im still running 1.0.1 on WinXP), but the stability and a few gliches with my...
Replies
Views
Yes MePo is a lot more powerful and has more features than openelec (XBMC) There is no Mediaportal front end for openelec. Openelec is XBMC + Linux operating system. Mediaportal uses windows operating system.
Yes MePo is a lot more powerful and has more features than openelec (XBMC) There is no Mediaportal front end for openelec...
Hello, I have been considering selling my Acer Revo Aspire R3610 for a while now but have never got round to it - the main reason...
Replies
Views
I didn't up untill a week or so ago, personally I'm aiming for "W7S" on my TV-server, but will run Home Premium on my HTPC I think, but might use Business.
I didn't up untill a week or so ago, personally I'm aiming for "W7S" on my TV-server, but will run Home Premium on my HTPC I think...
From DownloadSquad, posted Today. Source:Microsoft drops 3-app limit from Windows 7 Starter Edition More info:Let?s talk about...
Replies
Views
How much memory does ESXI use before installing a VM, same with CPU I guess. I'm tempted to go down this route as my combined Server 2012 R2 with essentials Role and then VM'd server 2012 R2 with exchange is causing some problems with DVB-S feeds and I wondered if splitting them off using a bare metal hypervisor might give a better...
How much memory does ESXI use before installing a VM, same with CPU I guess. I'm tempted to go down this route as my combined...
I wanted to share my findings on setting up mediaportal tv server with a TBS 6981 tuner card under esxi 5.1. The short story is...
Replies
Views
Try using the MP Audio render (instead of reclock) and set it up as per the wiki it may help somewhat http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/3_MP_Audio_Renderer_(MPAR)/Configuration
Try using the MP Audio render (instead of reclock) and set it up as per the wiki it may help somewhat...
Hi. I'm posting this in the OS section since this is a system-wide problem and does not only affect Media Portal. Maybe someone...
Replies
Views
I'm running a similar setup: Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H Mobo, Intel E8400, 4GB RAM, 1TB WD Green Int. HDD, 1.5TB of WD MyBook Ext. HDD, Antec Fusion v2 running only one 120mm fan, Vista Ultimate x86 running Media Portal using a Harmony 890 and Onkyo 805. For your IR Server Suite did you first install the iMon software and then disable...
I'm running a similar setup: Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H Mobo, Intel E8400, 4GB RAM, 1TB WD Green Int. HDD, 1.5TB of WD MyBook Ext...
First of all let me start by saying a BIG thanks to everyone involved in the development of MediaPortal it is easily the best HTPC...
Replies
Views
Im planning to change my network setup and potentially using WoL in a similar fashion, so have been searching for solutions to these possible issues. You may find these topics useful, i haven't had time to read all the posts but think some parts should apply to you...
Im planning to change my network setup and potentially using WoL in a similar fashion, so have been searching for solutions to...
Afternoon all, I run an Ubuntu box as a SAMBA server, sharing my media collection. (recently upgraded to Ununtu 9.10) I have...
Replies
Views
I didn't see a proper resolution on this thread yet, tried everything here (even more! :D was almost going back to Vista :growl: ) and I was trying to figure it out myself as well. What worked for me: 1. Make one task waking up the PC at 4:55am and run ping <local router IP> 2. Second task to run the actual task at 5:00am (also...
I didn't see a proper resolution on this thread yet, tried everything here (even more! :D was almost going back to Vista :growl: )...
Hi all, I have been on win 7 with my main htpc/server a while now and still not figured this one out. I have a couple batch files...
Replies
Views
Interesting post. I'm about to tackle a well needed reinstall of my htpc and might just go to Vista given the comments here. I've always avoided it due to the belief that it is bloated for the requirement.
Interesting post. I'm about to tackle a well needed reinstall of my htpc and might just go to Vista given the comments here. I've...
running media portal on an older PC which needs a cpu upgrade to run 720p (working on that) but my question is, if i intend to ONLY...
Replies
Views
Hey James, Here's your answer, works a treat for me: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/how-access-your-mp-while-its-being-used-wife-remote-desktop-78481/ Cheers, Jean-Marc
Hey James, Here's your answer, works a treat for me...
Hello all. Little problem I have with Windows 7 and RDP. I currently use a laptop win Win XP to remote desktop into my Media...
Replies
Views
I'm using Win7 on a new system... the ATi HDMI driver it came with (on its CD) does a great job at passing AC3/DTS but I had to adjust the PROPERTIES of the output to PASS AC3/DTS & WMA, then reboot. Another side benefit is the video comes to the HDMI automatically whenever I select it on my Onkyo 803 - WOW! It will revert to my...
I'm using Win7 on a new system... the ATi HDMI driver it came with (on its CD) does a great job at passing AC3/DTS but I had to...
Using WinXP Sp3 and Mediaportal 1.1 and using a Onkyo 606 receiver via HDMI (port 1), I noticed that the receiver would "click" a...
Replies
Views
The reason why I suggested RAMdisk for timeshifting is that people have reported stuttering on their Live-TV when using both SSD and HDD, but that's gone away with the RAMdrive. But it's just a suggestion if you don't have this stuttering it's not needed. And you can always pick up one of these: OCZ Z-Drive R4 1.6TB PCIe 2.0 x8...
The reason why I suggested RAMdisk for timeshifting is that people have reported stuttering on their Live-TV when using both SSD...
Hi guys, I just got me a 40GB Intel 320 SSD and I would like to know your ideas on how to configure W7/MP for it and maybe this...
Replies
Views
Hi. Just installed Latest forceware beta 257.15. I have been using 186.xx driver past 8 months, but i must admit this new beta looks very promsing. You can get it from NVIDIA 257.15 Beta out for grabs - Guru3D.com Forums. My Gf8400 GS handles everything i give to it in very smooth mannger. shift+1(!) graphs are straith. Br,
Hi. Just installed Latest forceware beta 257.15. I have been using 186.xx driver past 8 months, but i must admit this new beta...
I'm making this post, just because of the grief I have had trying to update my drivers on both Vista and Windows 7 (Ultimate...
Replies
Views
Server 2008 works just beautiful - I run it myself as both TV-server and client. See this thread for details: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/how-setup-mediaportal-tv-server-windows-server-2008-x64-44962/
Server 2008 works just beautiful - I run it myself as both TV-server and client. See this thread for details...
Hi, I have a home network with a Windows SBS 2003 server. I thought it would be really useful to install the MP TV Server on...
Replies
Views
Sounds good, care to expand on how you did this as I'd like to get towards something like that.
Sounds good, care to expand on how you did this as I'd like to get towards something like that.
I'm currently using Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 x86 on my HTPC, but i'm now considering my options due to my next format. After...
Replies
Views
OOOOPS, sorry. I seem to have remembered a setting that was available in previous builds: You could select the resolution you wanted MP to run in on the General Tab of configuration. It seems to be gone... I also tinkered a bit with the DPI settings on my laptop and they seem to not affect MP at all! But my laptop has just Blue3 on...
OOOOPS, sorry. I seem to have remembered a setting that was available in previous builds: You could select the resolution you...
Hi Everyone. I'm using Win7 64bit with MP 1.1.3 (StreamedMP skin), working on 1920x1080, PC connected to wide screen 42" TV...
Replies
Views
I've done some testing of MythTV too, while not as polished config as MP, it's incredibly neat looking, smooth overlay graphics/animations.
I've done some testing of MythTV too, while not as polished config as MP, it's incredibly neat looking, smooth overlay...
MP is *everything* in out living room - no TV or other junk. - needs a stable platform. until now running on a mobile Intel 1,7ghz...
Replies
Views
Avoid Hauppauge T500 lockup? I'm not sure whether this is a solution for you or not - which Hauppauge drivers are you using? I had card lockup with both XP and Windows 7 until I installed newer Hauppauge drivers: 3.11.27070.0 dated 11/3/09 for T500 2.123.27056.0 dated 25/2/09 for S2 These work fine with XP + MediaPortal and...
Avoid Hauppauge T500 lockup? I'm not sure whether this is a solution for you or not - which Hauppauge drivers are you using? I...
Anyone have working setup for Nova-T 500 and Windows 7? I installed MP 1.1 ALPHA and after that latest SVN Rev23361. Card is...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Off the top of my head, the only two ways way I can think of are: Is to ensure the OS/BIOS is configured to wake on any packet to the network card. If you got into the Network card properties, it may be configured to Wake on LAN (WOL), but there may be an option to wake on any packet? (The only downside, depending on your...
Hi there, Off the top of my head, the only two ways way I can think of are: Is to ensure the OS/BIOS is configured to wake on any...
Hi, I'm using the latest Version of MP on Windows 7 Prof. x64 and I want to make my HTPC/Server go into sleep mode when it is not...
Replies
Views
How about attaching some logs ? - http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Forum/How_to_post_logs
How about attaching some logs ? - http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Forum/How_to_post_logs
Hello All, just for your Info: ISSUE: The latest "Windows 8.1" Update Rollup KB2889784 released yesterday on 11/13/2013 will brake...
Replies
Views
Hello, slightly off topic: Do you see a difference between Windows 7 RC and RTM for mediaportal?
Hello, slightly off topic: Do you see a difference between Windows 7 RC and RTM for mediaportal?
Due to driver support for my motherboard I had to install windows 7 . I was just wondering which version is best ( most stable for...
Replies
Views
Just a quick question: using latest W8.1 and MP1.6, is it already working to boot directly into MP and bypass Metro and have to wait additional startup time? Is it working as it is basically as with W7? Thanks!
Just a quick question: using latest W8.1 and MP1.6, is it already working to boot directly into MP and bypass Metro and have to...
Is there a way to get rid of the delay at the desktop in Windows 8 with auto start enabled in MP 1.3? I don't have TV server...
Replies
Views
Dunno what is the version in WindowsUpdate Simone
Dunno what is the version in WindowsUpdate Simone
Folks, I'm about to switch my HTPC to Windows 7 and I'm trying to gather up all the bits I need. Do I need drivers fro my...
Replies
Views
Btw I am trying some stuff on that stuttering_Playback 'wiki' post. But a lot of links there are really old. For instance I am trying to get Proppage.dll somewhere but I am not sure which to get that now. I am going to try Filmerit to check if I got some codec conflicts. Also I am not sure if I need to try an older CCC because from...
Btw I am trying some stuff on that stuttering_Playback 'wiki' post. But a lot of links there are really old. For instance I am...
Hello guys ! I recently bought a silent Sapphire HD6450 graphics card to replace my ASUS 490GT with fan. But it now has some...
Replies
Views
There are many forum threads on this issue. I would suggest you do a search. Best wishes, Mark
There are many forum threads on this issue. I would suggest you do a search. Best wishes, Mark
Hi, is it possible to run the server part of a multi-seat configuration on a Windows Home Server? Regards, Siggi
Replies
Views
Top Bottom