Operating System (10 Viewers)

Discuss everything about Operating Systems in here.
The reason why I suggested RAMdisk for timeshifting is that people have reported stuttering on their Live-TV when using both SSD and HDD, but that's gone away with the RAMdrive. But it's just a suggestion if you don't have this stuttering it's not needed. And you can always pick up one of these: OCZ Z-Drive R4 1.6TB PCIe 2.0 x8...
The reason why I suggested RAMdisk for timeshifting is that people have reported stuttering on their Live-TV when using both SSD...
Hi guys, I just got me a 40GB Intel 320 SSD and I would like to know your ideas on how to configure W7/MP for it and maybe this...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Off the top of my head, the only two ways way I can think of are: Is to ensure the OS/BIOS is configured to wake on any packet to the network card. If you got into the Network card properties, it may be configured to Wake on LAN (WOL), but there may be an option to wake on any packet? (The only downside, depending on your...
Hi there, Off the top of my head, the only two ways way I can think of are: Is to ensure the OS/BIOS is configured to wake on any...
Hi, I'm using the latest Version of MP on Windows 7 Prof. x64 and I want to make my HTPC/Server go into sleep mode when it is not...
Replies
Views
For Australian tv (mpeg2) Win7 is far better as it comes with a great video decoder with the OS. Now tho..there are things like CUVID(for nvidia cards) and SAF6(for all GPU cards).. which would work just as well in WinXP.
For Australian tv (mpeg2) Win7 is far better as it comes with a great video decoder with the OS. Now tho..there are things like...
Hi guys, I am running my HTPC in a dual boot Xp/W7 (32-bit) and have disabled most of the unnecessary stuff but I really have...
Replies
Views
sikkek, Thanks. I've been running MP1.1.x stable on W7 (both server and client) for some time now. Over the week-end I planned to do an upgrade to MP1.2. Guess what: It took me less than 30 minutes to upgrade server and client.
sikkek, Thanks. I've been running MP1.1.x stable on W7 (both server and client) for some time now. Over the week-end I planned to...
Hi folks, Currently I'm running an XP SP2 based dedicated mediaportal server using 2 Floppy-DTV-S2 cards. To run the BDA...
Replies
Views
There are many forum threads on this issue. I would suggest you do a search. Best wishes, Mark
There are many forum threads on this issue. I would suggest you do a search. Best wishes, Mark
Hi, is it possible to run the server part of a multi-seat configuration on a Windows Home Server? Regards, Siggi
Replies
Views
Easy TIME and you forget, even mine is not fully upto date :(
Easy TIME and you forget, even mine is not fully upto date :(
Ive been out of the MP loop for a year or so now (im still running 1.0.1 on WinXP), but the stability and a few gliches with my...
Replies
Views
Thanks to our super moderators, I just quickly posted that without really looking - I could not remember the sticky.
Thanks to our super moderators, I just quickly posted that without really looking - I could not remember the sticky.
Hi, Does anyone know whether a Client only installation of Mediaportal can be run from anything other than windows? E.g. Can...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Operating System ION not work in W7+MP (1 Viewer) DE
Hi and sorry for my english. Problem: With windows XP SP3 my HTPC(ION) work fine, all MKV and BD play without any problem(in MP). If i try play some file in windows 7 media player, all work fine too (no lags). But if i play it in MP (all MKV 720 1080) it stop normal play (very low FPS) but ffdDXVA codec is active (icon is show)...
Hi and sorry for my english. Problem: With windows XP SP3 my HTPC(ION) work fine, all MKV and BD play without any problem(in...
Hi and sorry for my english. Problem: With windows XP SP3 my HTPC(ION) work fine, all MKV and BD play without any problem(in...
Replies
Views
You could try to analyze the Standby process. Look at this tutorial: Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues - MSFN Forum Download and install the Windows Performance Toolkit as instructed Run the xbootmgr command that corresponds to "Standby+Resume" to generate an .etl trace Once the test completes (you...
You could try to analyze the Standby process. Look at this tutorial: Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues...
I have changed system from XP to 7 and MediaPortal release too of course. From 1.1.2 to 1.2.0. All is OK, MediaPortal runs very...
Replies
Views
I've done some testing of MythTV too, while not as polished config as MP, it's incredibly neat looking, smooth overlay graphics/animations.
I've done some testing of MythTV too, while not as polished config as MP, it's incredibly neat looking, smooth overlay...
MP is *everything* in out living room - no TV or other junk. - needs a stable platform. until now running on a mobile Intel 1,7ghz...
Replies
Views
Hello, I don't know if this problem is related to OS or Mediaportal. When I'm watching a video, after 30 minutes more or less, the video window resizes to a smaller one; if I move the mouse or touch any button of my remote it resizes again to fullscreen. Can anyone help me to avoid that? Does anyone know where the problem is...
Hello, I don't know if this problem is related to OS or Mediaportal. When I'm watching a video, after 30 minutes more or less...
Hello, I don't know if this problem is related to OS or Mediaportal. When I'm watching a video, after 30 minutes more or less...
Replies
Views
balanced profile this will save power and run cooler.. mediaportal will never go instandby when using livetv or movies / tv shows..
balanced profile this will save power and run cooler.. mediaportal will never go instandby when using livetv or movies / tv shows..
Hi, Are there any recommended power options for a single seat MP running on win7? (for instance minimum processor state...
Replies
Views
OOOOPS, sorry. I seem to have remembered a setting that was available in previous builds: You could select the resolution you wanted MP to run in on the General Tab of configuration. It seems to be gone... I also tinkered a bit with the DPI settings on my laptop and they seem to not affect MP at all! But my laptop has just Blue3 on...
OOOOPS, sorry. I seem to have remembered a setting that was available in previous builds: You could select the resolution you...
Hi Everyone. I'm using Win7 64bit with MP 1.1.3 (StreamedMP skin), working on 1920x1080, PC connected to wide screen 42" TV...
Replies
Views
Hi All, If anyone is interested, I have worked out a routine to schedule a "next run time" after an automated re-boot without activating the full Administrator. The routine can also include any other tasks such as disk defrag, disk cleanup etc etc run through a command line. Let me know if you are interested and I will drop some...
Hi All, If anyone is interested, I have worked out a routine to schedule a "next run time" after an automated re-boot without...
Hi All, I have decided to create a task using Task Scheduler to preiodically reboot my machine automatically. I have done this...
Replies
Views
I didn't see a proper resolution on this thread yet, tried everything here (even more! :D was almost going back to Vista :growl: ) and I was trying to figure it out myself as well. What worked for me: 1. Make one task waking up the PC at 4:55am and run ping <local router IP> 2. Second task to run the actual task at 5:00am (also...
I didn't see a proper resolution on this thread yet, tried everything here (even more! :D was almost going back to Vista :growl: )...
Hi all, I have been on win 7 with my main htpc/server a while now and still not figured this one out. I have a couple batch files...
Replies
Views
Hello, thanks, in the meantime I used EasyBCD to configure. Greetings BERND
Hello, thanks, in the meantime I used EasyBCD to configure. Greetings BERND
Hello, I'm looking for a (easy to use) bootmanger tool, to add a second Win7 installation to my htpc (for testing). Has...
Replies
Views
The problem seems to have gone mysteriously. I installed the PureAudio plugin but still using standard windows playback, no ASIO driver, and I think it was around that time the problem vanished.
The problem seems to have gone mysteriously. I installed the PureAudio plugin but still using standard windows playback, no ASIO...
Hi I have one final issue with my HTPC which I does not seem to be able to fix on my own. It has been reported numerous times...
Replies
Views
Dunno what is the version in WindowsUpdate Simone
Dunno what is the version in WindowsUpdate Simone
Folks, I'm about to switch my HTPC to Windows 7 and I'm trying to gather up all the bits I need. Do I need drivers fro my...
Replies
Views
Hello Hey__me, i use this one with an SATA to eSATA Adapter as an SATA SSD in my MP Client.
Hello Hey__me, i use this one with an SATA to eSATA Adapter as an SATA SSD in my MP Client.
Is it possible to run Vista from a USB Key (say a 16GB key) basically a cheap SSD? looking a power consumption, heat generation, etc.
Replies
Views
I gave up.... The native driver shows the same behaviour. After coming back from standby the computer tries to verify a network connection continously. It seems the routine is caught in an endless loopback. I'll go and buy a discrete NIC now.
I gave up.... The native driver shows the same behaviour. After coming back from standby the computer tries to verify a network...
Hello all, I ran out of options to solve the following problem and I need your advice. After return from standby or...
Replies
Views
I think I removed almost everything I could think of ;-) Everything that sounded like "NOT NEEDED" was removed or disabled. And till now I never encountered a problem with it. The system is rock stable
I think I removed almost everything I could think of ;-) Everything that sounded like "NOT NEEDED" was removed or disabled. And...
I was thinking about reinstalling Windows (running XP MCE 2005 RC3 now) as it's a very old installation and things aren't really as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I got a 16:10 display with a native resolution of 1920x1200 and it is connected via HDMI with my HTPC but I only can choose 1920x1080 and via DVI I am able to select the native resolution. Can somebody tell me if there is a solution to this problem?
Hi, I got a 16:10 display with a native resolution of 1920x1200 and it is connected via HDMI with my HTPC but I only can choose...
Hi, I got a 16:10 display with a native resolution of 1920x1200 and it is connected via HDMI with my HTPC but I only can choose...
Replies
Views
awesome replies thanks to all :cool:
awesome replies thanks to all :cool:
Windows Vista loads many services at startup, most of them are essential for the core system features. By disabling unnecessary...
Replies
Views
I think +1 for that! VdR
I think +1 for that! VdR
Hi, could someone help me setting my server to sleep during night? I have used SetPower to create the appropiate power plans to...
Replies
Views
AW: eeeTop 1602 on Windows7 -> Experience I made simply install the Touch-Screen Software provided at the asus website. It's called "touch Tool" something... can't remember it atm. Even though it says "touch" it is providing the Button support for the eeetop case. :)
AW: eeeTop 1602 on Windows7 -> Experience I made simply install the Touch-Screen Software provided at the asus website. It's...
Hi all, Today I would like to share some knowlegde and experience I gained during the last two days. What I did was upgrading...
Replies
Views
Hi. Just installed Latest forceware beta 257.15. I have been using 186.xx driver past 8 months, but i must admit this new beta looks very promsing. You can get it from NVIDIA 257.15 Beta out for grabs - Guru3D.com Forums. My Gf8400 GS handles everything i give to it in very smooth mannger. shift+1(!) graphs are straith. Br,
Hi. Just installed Latest forceware beta 257.15. I have been using 186.xx driver past 8 months, but i must admit this new beta...
I'm making this post, just because of the grief I have had trying to update my drivers on both Vista and Windows 7 (Ultimate...
Replies
Views
Hey! I've encountered a bit strange problem. After waking up my HTPC by remote (IRTrans) I dont get signal to my TV. My TV is connected by HDMI from ATI HD 2600 Pro card. The strange part is... I can hear the remote work fine (the Media Portal menu "clicks" are audible from speakers). But there is no signal to the TV...
Hey! I've encountered a bit strange problem. After waking up my HTPC by remote (IRTrans) I dont get signal to my TV. My TV...
Hey! I've encountered a bit strange problem. After waking up my HTPC by remote (IRTrans) I dont get signal to my TV. My TV...
Replies
Views
Hmm, not sure why ntfs does that. There are some paid or trial defragging software that will move files to the beginning or the end of the drive according to the options you specify. I would defrag the drive using an offline defrag, meaning booting from the cd-rom drive or a usb drive and then defragging the hard drive. Just my two cents.
Hmm, not sure why ntfs does that. There are some paid or trial defragging software that will move files to the beginning or the end...
This image shows the allocation of a single 5GB recording (1hour of HD TV). The parts in red are where NTFS allocated the file...
Replies
Views
Thanks I try, these solution, but i dont like windows. OHHHH
Thanks I try, these solution, but i dont like windows. OHHHH
[Hello i am a mediportal's fan, and i buy a Apple, when we have a Apple version. Thanks :S
Replies
Views
I'm using Win7 on a new system... the ATi HDMI driver it came with (on its CD) does a great job at passing AC3/DTS but I had to adjust the PROPERTIES of the output to PASS AC3/DTS & WMA, then reboot. Another side benefit is the video comes to the HDMI automatically whenever I select it on my Onkyo 803 - WOW! It will revert to my...
I'm using Win7 on a new system... the ATi HDMI driver it came with (on its CD) does a great job at passing AC3/DTS but I had to...
Using WinXP Sp3 and Mediaportal 1.1 and using a Onkyo 606 receiver via HDMI (port 1), I noticed that the receiver would "click" a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom