MediaPortal 1 Talk (27 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Mediaportal was mentioned in the latest number of the swedish computer magazine Datormagazin as well. With download instructions :)
Mediaportal was mentioned in the latest number of the swedish computer magazine Datormagazin as well. With download instructions :)
I was at the book store and picked up the latest PC gamer. On the 3rd page or so they were talking about alternatives to MCE and...
Replies
Views
very interesting... my audio sync issues seem to stop when TS is turned off. Have you tried 0.1.3 ? Does is suffer from the same problems ? cheers
very interesting... my audio sync issues seem to stop when TS is turned off. Have you tried 0.1.3 ? Does is suffer from the...
Hi guys... I have searched the forum about slow channel changing. However, seems as though no one has come up with a resolution (...
Replies
Views
Thank you CodeMonkey, I was just going to reflect your thoughts as well. What people fail to realize is that "Softcam won't be supported" doesnt mean that it won't be done - All it means is that the core MP team will not develop it, will not help people install it or use it, and will not contribute to softcam development. This...
Thank you CodeMonkey, I was just going to reflect your thoughts as well. What people fail to realize is that "Softcam won't be...
i know many wont like this thread. but i hope you still accept my opinion. .. i used to be a happy and satisfied user of mp for...
Replies
Views
Check out this link: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/blogs/mrmario64/mmm_-_mac_mini_mediaportal.html Seems like all is pretty good.
Check out this link: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/blogs/mrmario64/mmm_-_mac_mini_mediaportal.html Seems like all is pretty...
Hi It's possible run mp on intel mac mini? Works fine? Performance? I't possible change the mac shell for mp? (when pc...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 worse picture DE
Yes thank's solved the problem with ffdshow :lol:
Yes thank's solved the problem with ffdshow :lol:
Movies on media portal connected to lcd tv (1280x768) via vga looks worse then played via standalone dvd player connected via...
Replies
Views
I have now installed the 0.2 RC4. I did a scan now but it was no diffrence from before,I have to wait until tonight to see if it works when the movies start. Thanks for your advice. :D
I have now installed the 0.2 RC4. I did a scan now but it was no diffrence from before,I have to wait until tonight to see if it...
I live in Denmark, I use TDC cabel net. I have the following set up: Fire DTV Prodigy 7.1 LT soundcard (Audiotrak) Front...
Replies
Views
I've found that my 'show' thumbs are used for folders only (where there exists multiple shows), else for single recordings, for some reason, the channel logo is used (a bug?) Actually, it would be nice to be able to provide a folder thumb and a single recording thumb as its useful to be able to distinguish between these visually.
I've found that my 'show' thumbs are used for folders only (where there exists multiple shows), else for single recordings, for...
Does anyone know how to get the thumbs for recorded shows to work? I've tried to get thumbnail for my recorded show by putting...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Lets have a RC5 DE
I think if all problems are solved, a RC5 would be nice. Just to be sure its stable and there no other bugs. If there aren't any problems with RC5 then the final version could be released. I think the RC versions is a good system to get people who don't download the latest SVN (cvs) test the latest version. Keep up the good work !
I think if all problems are solved, a RC5 would be nice. Just to be sure its stable and there no other bugs. If there aren't any...
There are still a few bugs out there. Just my opinion but I think the best thing to do is launch a RC5 and wipe the Bug forum posts...
Replies
Views
yea Media Portal does need to expand its community the more people that know of Media Portal the better because some of those people could be coders and they can help out with codeing some othere people might make some plugins or skins and so on. And this all speeds things up. Media portal is doing good and will get better but the...
yea Media Portal does need to expand its community the more people that know of Media Portal the better because some of those...
This might seem a bit selfish, but i was wondering if it is possible to make donations to the MP project 'targeted' at certain...
Replies
Views
Hey I use the CVBS, i dosen't seems that RGB or SuperVHS is good enough. But CVBS1 is working with sound and picture. And i have added the channel for both the viewing and recording part. But when i press play on the video and record now in mp it records noghting. I seems like MP dosn't know where to get the information to record...
Hey I use the CVBS, i dosen't seems that RGB or SuperVHS is good enough. But CVBS1 is working with sound and picture. And i have...
Hello maties. I am an old user of the MP and is running the latest version RC4. I have never had problems using MP, but has...
Replies
Views
Thanx FlipGer, I guess its the same as MCE . Just set up shared folders and away you go. One more question, MCE has a plugin called " MY MOVIES " which allows you to catalog your DVD collection by categories. It also has a SERIES / BOX SET feature which allows you to bundle DVD's which make up an entire season of a TV show. Does...
Thanx FlipGer, I guess its the same as MCE . Just set up shared folders and away you go. One more question, MCE has a plugin...
Hi guys. I am new here. I am a current MCE user, but getting increasingly frustrated with it. I am now thinking of switching...
Replies
Views
Hi landrews, "NoScroll SubMenus" does exactly that for me also, I think it's broke. Whatever you do don't be tempted to untick the "Scroll menu items" if you have more items than can be displayed (5 for razor) then it don't work at all. "Fix Scroll Bar" is pretty good (I like it anyhow) - the highlighted item doesn't move. I...
Hi landrews, "NoScroll SubMenus" does exactly that for me also, I think it's broke. Whatever you do don't be tempted to untick...
After the recent demise of Meedio & the lack of interest in (or availability outside US of) Yahoo TV I'm looking for a replacement...
Replies
Views
try typing dxdiag into the run box (start/run). This is the windows built in diagnoswtic for Dx. Don't get your hopes up though , this is a long shot but it can't hurt. Also maybe check the troubleshooting options in windows display properties. Another long shot. Hopefully someone else will be able topoint out more...
try typing dxdiag into the run box (start/run). This is the windows built in diagnoswtic for Dx. Don't get your hopes up...
Recently i updated my logitech mx-1000 software and it automatically installed zango web something something which made everything...
Replies
Views
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=15644
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=15644
hi everyone, I just bought a new pentium IV with HT 3.2 GHz. I installed windvd and mediaportal on it. I also installed ffdshow...
Replies
Views
I’m kind of sad today because I just can’t get the DVB-C work right in MediaPortal. I’ve invested a lot of spare time to get my HTPC project working and spent more money than I initially wanted. Started at the end of March this year because the local cable TV provider began shutting down some analogue channels and integrating...
I’m kind of sad today because I just can’t get the DVB-C work right in MediaPortal. I’ve invested a lot of spare time to get...
I’m kind of sad today because I just can’t get the DVB-C work right in MediaPortal. I’ve invested a lot of spare time to get...
Replies
Views
When I last heard him, he was talking about something precious and I presumed it would be MP...
When I last heard him, he was talking about something precious and I presumed it would be MP...
Hi, just curiuous, why I don't see any of master 'Frodo' any more ? Has he resigned from the project ? Or just moved to the...
Replies
Views
But it still gets back to my first point. If your system has enough memory, then this shouldn't be an issue. This is just the way that Windows XP handles it's memory. On the surface it is similar to the 9x series, but there's a lot more to it. I'm not sure why more memory is being allocated (not used) but it must be something to...
But it still gets back to my first point. If your system has enough memory, then this shouldn't be an issue. This is just the way...
Hi, I have been using RC2 for a while now, and of late have started to use it exclusively for my home media requirements. As such...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Radio backup DE
I think it is in the RadioDatabase4.db3 that is located in the databases folder.
I think it is in the RadioDatabase4.db3 that is located in the databases folder.
Anyway to backup the radio settings, i have lots of streams in the radio option, but can't seem to find the information in any xml...
Replies
Views
It's a transmitting station in the UK.
It's a transmitting station in the UK.
this may be a really stuiped question but here i go I was just re-tuning my tv stations when i noticed there is a region right...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP lovin n00b DE
what a great app! just happened to stumble across it while searching XPMCE on packetnews, and i thought i had to resort to unsavory matters to have a HTPC :twisted:
what a great app! just happened to stumble across it while searching XPMCE on packetnews, and i thought i had to resort to unsavory...
what a great app! just happened to stumble across it while searching XPMCE on packetnews, and i thought i had to resort to unsavory...
Replies
Views
Well, this is a good thing for countries without digital broadcasts :D Thanks for the info.
Well, this is a good thing for countries without digital broadcasts :D Thanks for the info.
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/05/24/mac_tv_tuner_pvr_boxes/ Some analogue :( hardware appearing for the itty bitty macs.
Replies
Views
erm... what stops you from keeping the whole MP folder and after installation drop it over the new?
erm... what stops you from keeping the whole MP folder and after installation drop it over the new?
i have 4 hard drives on my media pc,drive c is the main drive with all my programs on it and the other 3 have films. i want to...
Replies
Views
Er... why are you using TortoiseSVN to download the SVN builds anyway? TortoiseSVN is only needed for downloading the source code, not the actual builds. Sam
Er... why are you using TortoiseSVN to download the SVN builds anyway? TortoiseSVN is only needed for downloading the source code...
I have had alot of trouble with getting TortoiseSVN to download the SVN Builds, and have made a site to make it easier for those...
Replies
Views
I use the same structure... it's the best way, no doubt. Slow pictures navigation is the only reason why I'm thinking to change to GB-PVR... It would be so easy (I think) improve this on mediaportal, wouldn't it? Please... consider that
I use the same structure... it's the best way, no doubt. Slow pictures navigation is the only reason why I'm thinking to change...
First of all, let me say that this is in no way a complaint, I love MP. This is rather a startoff point to future improvement...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was wondering if anybody could tell me how I could get ehtray to restart when MP isnt running? thanks Paul
Hi, I was wondering if anybody could tell me how I could get ehtray to restart when MP isnt running? thanks Paul
Replies
Views
X
  • Poll
Agreed. In North America the primary TV tuners are analog, and many other programs out there support multiple tuners: MCE, sagetv, etc.. I look at MP as more then just a TV box. If I wanted to only watch TV I would be using something like BeyondTV or sageTV. What I like about MP is that it IS the very definition of a HTPC. I can do...
Agreed. In North America the primary TV tuners are analog, and many other programs out there support multiple tuners: MCE, sagetv...
Is MP the BEST HTPC Program?
Replies
Views
As you may know, I am a bit of a statistics freak :? Just wanted to show you an impressive statistic from sourceforge about the Mediaportal downloads. MP has been downloaded 902,936 times in the year 2005. And in 2006 up to today 367,000 times. And o.2 final is yet to come :D Great success and thanks to all the people who...
As you may know, I am a bit of a statistics freak :? Just wanted to show you an impressive statistic from sourceforge about the...
As you may know, I am a bit of a statistics freak :? Just wanted to show you an impressive statistic from sourceforge about the...
Replies
Views
Could you list the price, because i could only find the amitech keyboard for 799dkr, while the MS keyboard costs 'only' ~400dkr. How usable is the thumb mouse thing? Doesnt the IR communication cause problems? Im not interested in something with a seperate mouse, its too much clutter. It seems like the better choice, since its...
Could you list the price, because i could only find the amitech keyboard for 799dkr, while the MS keyboard costs 'only' ~400dkr...
Im starting to realize that even though the remote is nice, it would be a good idea to have a keyboard with a small...
Replies
Views
You can get some very silent laptop HDs. They can definetly be much more silent than their desktop counterparts but they are not available with sufficient capacity for HTPC use(my 250GB HD has run out of space on more than one occasion :) When it comes to CPU's, you might want to have a look at the Core Duo T2300 up to the T2600...
You can get some very silent laptop HDs. They can definetly be much more silent than their desktop counterparts but they are not...
Just a thought, has anyone thought about using the inners of a laptop in a Wife approved case for an MP based HTPC. Strikes me that...
Replies
Views
Hi, Yes you can run MediaPortal on a MCE based computer. MCE it's just Windows XP pro + the MCE program. Regards Roy
Hi, Yes you can run MediaPortal on a MCE based computer. MCE it's just Windows XP pro + the MCE program. Regards Roy
Hello all, can you run MP if your HTPC has Win MCE? Reason being that my MCE crashes sometimes and I would like to try MP...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom