MediaPortal 1 Talk (62 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Similar for me .NET 1.1 + .NET 2.0 and MP is working again. :wink:
Similar for me .NET 1.1 + .NET 2.0 and MP is working again. :wink:
I wanted to make a clean install de MP with the frameworks 2.0. Result: How I make? A Mp 0.2.0 RC2 unified would make...
Replies
Views
A
  • Poll
I am about to configure the remote control which I want to use - right now it is IR keyboard.
I am about to configure the remote control which I want to use - right now it is IR keyboard.
just like the display poll, im interested in which way everyone controls the app.
2 3 4
Replies
Views
I have Windows MCE 2005 (built it) and Media Portal installed on the same box. It did not change MCE at all. My MCE Remote works fine in MP. My MCE Keyboard works fine in MCE. MP has built-in MCE Remote support. I also have a Hauppauge PVR-150 installed with a cheap ATI Radeon 9250 graphics card. Although not certified for...
I have Windows MCE 2005 (built it) and Media Portal installed on the same box. It did not change MCE at all. My MCE Remote works...
Okay, I have Windows MCE 2005 and my sister loves it, so much she's asked me to convert her PC into a Media Center one. However...
Replies
Views
Just in case someone stumbles onto this thread - know that MP control with PPC is becoming a reality. Please look at this thread for more info: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10414 Mike
Just in case someone stumbles onto this thread - know that MP control with PPC is becoming a reality. Please look at this...
Hi all, Is it possible to control MP via a PPC and WiFi ? More or less like Xlobby works ? (didn't like Xlobby that much though)
Replies
Views
I will try to be short: Flanders is covered by VRT (in theory!, who is testing it???) and redistribute één, Ketnet/Canvas. Brussels is covered by RTBF (Wallonia will be in 2006or7 ... still theory) and encapsulate La Une, La Deux and RTBF Sat. Radios of the groups are also included, but no trace of the privately help networks...
I will try to be short: Flanders is covered by VRT (in theory!, who is testing it???) and redistribute één, Ketnet/Canvas...
Ok, so i have a slight dilemma. Im currently on a year abroad, 1st semester in Mannheim, germany and 2 nd semester leuven...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 channel preview (Mosaic) (1 Viewer) DE
This would be (at least I think it would be) totally usable in a multiple tuner system.
This would be (at least I think it would be) totally usable in a multiple tuner system.
Idea for MP: a channel preview (Mosaic) :wink:
Replies
Views
My HW: Pentium 4D, XP MCE 2005, SkyStar 2, Hauppauge HVR1100, MPEG2 Codec... MP Setup tune and found DVB-S channel, DVB-T channel and Analogue channel, but in MediaPortal TV all is black. (???) Can you help me?
My HW: Pentium 4D, XP MCE 2005, SkyStar 2, Hauppauge HVR1100, MPEG2 Codec... MP Setup tune and found DVB-S channel, DVB-T channel...
My HW: Pentium 4D, XP MCE 2005, SkyStar 2, Hauppauge HVR1100, MPEG2 Codec... MP Setup tune and found DVB-S channel, DVB-T channel...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Network setup DE
Sadee, Check this one ... http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8044 Zby-)
Sadee, Check this one ... http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8044 Zby-)
I am a MP newbie and would like to set up a backend system and a frontend system over my home network. Is this possible?
Replies
Views
Space Hi there, i just read this thread and registered to reply to it. So what is the amount of webspace to run this forum and what is the average traffic ? Gwautsche
Space Hi there, i just read this thread and registered to reply to it. So what is the amount of webspace to run this forum and...
I was just curious as to why the MediaPortal community uses so many different websites. You have one for downloading the program...
Replies
Views
There will be compile time issues for those of you who attempt to compile against the new framework, can't be avoided at the moment but will be fixed when it is possible to do so.
There will be compile time issues for those of you who attempt to compile against the new framework, can't be avoided at the moment...
In see Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is available for download at Microsoft. I assume there is no problem installing...
Replies
Views
Thanks Smirnuff and MrMad ! In the near future we need a checkbox for turning on/off the prefixes, but for the moment I can live with Smirnuff´s tip :) Everyone will be happy and I'm glad I am not alone too wana drop it...
Thanks Smirnuff and MrMad ! In the near future we need a checkbox for turning on/off the prefixes, but for the moment I can live...
Hello all swedish users of MP Today I had a look at LordMessis new translation page and again it hit me: Why must all main...
Replies
Views
I got email from Brian Slack from Digital Wired Limited and he asked that you remove his email address from this forum. I'm pretty sure that web crawlers can use that address and start spamming him, nobody likes that! I tried to PM you but the system wasn't able to find your username - when I try to send you PM I get "Sorry, but...
I got email from Brian Slack from Digital Wired Limited and he asked that you remove his email address from this forum. I'm pretty...
Hello, I found a wake on lan guy on internett, so I sendt a mail to him requesting a wap wake on lan page. I did not take long...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Given Up on MP DE
Nope - but since you have already declared that you have "Given Up on MP", is there any point trying to help you :? If you want to get MP working (and I encourage you to hang in there... :) ), could you please complete the Support Template and post your MediaPortal.log file. I am sure that the MP community will get you going...
Nope - but since you have already declared that you have "Given Up on MP", is there any point trying to help you :? If you want...
I wanted to use mediaportal because i liked the gui Have been using myHTPC and GBPVR in combination, and it worked just fine...
Replies
Views
It doesnt as of yet, we have seen a few requests similar to this. If you feel like getting your self dirty then that would be great, MP needs all the developers it can get. Yes, look in the Plugins section of the forums for MPW (Mediaportal Webinterface). The wiki (found here http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/ ) has listings...
It doesnt as of yet, we have seen a few requests similar to this. If you feel like getting your self dirty then that would be...
Hi all, I stumbled on this from the TiVo forums, by someone else who has moved over. I thought if it is good enough for a TiVo...
Replies
Views
Hi, Are there any alternative ways to get live (or nearly live) video over a network? For example: 1) Does Remote Desktop Protocol support VMR9 video? 2) Is it possible record a live TV program on the "server" MP machine whilst a "client" plays this file over the network? This technique is just like the "time shifting"...
Hi, Are there any alternative ways to get live (or nearly live) video over a network? For example: 1) Does Remote Desktop...
Just that! I currently use SageTV working in a clint server manner. Is this possible with MP even with live TV etc. This is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm a newbie to the whole Media Portal scene and I'm very very impressed with the product as a whole, but my Pixelview Play TV pro seems to be a bit rubbish on the TV Tuner side. I've got the chance to swap out my video card and TV Tuner for an ATI All in Wonder 8500DV with a remote. Does anyone have any experience...
Hi guys, I'm a newbie to the whole Media Portal scene and I'm very very impressed with the product as a whole, but my Pixelview...
Hi guys, I'm a newbie to the whole Media Portal scene and I'm very very impressed with the product as a whole, but my Pixelview...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Thinking outside the box (1 Viewer) DE
Re: Media Portal Collections Nice Idea. I would ask you to try to keep the filesize reasonable though, say below 50 megs? That way you can add like lets say: 25 jpg files á 500 kb = 12,5 mb 5 mp3 files á 7 mb = 35 mb (because classical music is long, i know) 1 avi/wmv file at 2 mb -> just a sample clip maybe, nothing more...
Re: Media Portal Collections Nice Idea. I would ask you to try to keep the filesize reasonable though, say below 50 megs? That...
This post is going to ramble a bit, so I apologize in advance. And I know it's bad form to write something like this on a first...
Replies
Views
Look here on ebay... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7189403364 Should someone be selling this since it is...
Replies
Views
Updated Version available on first post, v1.2.2, which now automatically deletes the cached image files (packedgfx*) so that image updates will be applied at the next execution of MediaPortal. Another update includes the ability to run through the entire script by simply hitting the <Enter> key (for the "typical" CVS user)...
Updated Version available on first post, v1.2.2, which now automatically deletes the cached image files (packedgfx*) so that image...
Media Portal CVS Installer I put together this little program to make the process of applying CVS builds from...
Replies
Views
I'm using MP for quite some time with an analog Avermedia M150 card. Currently i've switched to satellite at CanalDigitaal in the Netherlands, which holds that lot of channels that are not FTA and require a card (which i have). Currently my STB (a Philips) is controlled by MP 0.2.0 RC1 and the irblaster (yes, it works !!) But i...
I'm using MP for quite some time with an analog Avermedia M150 card. Currently i've switched to satellite at CanalDigitaal in the...
I'm using MP for quite some time with an analog Avermedia M150 card. Currently i've switched to satellite at CanalDigitaal in the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP development update, plz? (1 Viewer) DE
Keep up with the good work ! Thanks to dev team :D
Keep up with the good work ! Thanks to dev team :D
Hi How is the next release due on the 24th going? What improvements does it include? Those who tried it: Is it going to be...
Replies
Views
Hi, some things went wrong the last time with this call. So there is another approach to build up a testing team: Visit this thread and sign up here, if some of you are still willing to do some testing. :) Flip.
Hi, some things went wrong the last time with this call. So there is another approach to build up a testing team: Visit...
One of the design goals for Mediaportal Beta 2 is stability This means we want Mediaportal to be more stable. I hope you noticed...
Replies
Views
T
  • Poll
MP1 MP2 too slow CPU? DE
I'm running MP on a 1GHz T-bird, and it runs *fairly* well. It'd run nicer if I got a decent graphics card, though - using an ATI Rage 128 at the moment. :P
I'm running MP on a 1GHz T-bird, and it runs *fairly* well. It'd run nicer if I got a decent graphics card, though - using an ATI...
Hey guys, I am very curious about the media Portal program. But when I was reading the PC spec requirements, i saw you need at...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
  • Poll
got it wrking, needed to set time offset to "-18" hrs for somereason? any way anyone have a look at this thing http://www.gamedude.com.au/prod_show.php?art_no=tvXSltv03 ? what are ur thoughts? any one happened to have used one? THANKS FOR THE AUS PACK IT GR8 IDEA
got it wrking, needed to set time offset to "-18" hrs for somereason? any way anyone have a look at this thing...
Thanks so much guys for this amazing software! almost got MP running exactly how i want it. Iv got my Comp (normal Case) in the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
  • Poll
Here's my two and half cents... Media Portal should come with at least two skins. I think the current default, MCE, is ideal and then another should be selected. The rest, like Harley's Xmas skin, should go into a skin library similiar to what you would find at nullsoft for winamp. (plugins, too.) I completely agree with...
Here's my two and half cents... Media Portal should come with at least two skins. I think the current default, MCE, is ideal...
As the MP setup grows bigger and bigger, wouldn´t it be better, to deliver the skins separately? I know that a lot of people think...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
  • Poll
1280x1024 on my Viewsonic P225f 8)
1280x1024 on my Viewsonic P225f 8)
I like to investigate, with which resolution you run mediaportal. I use 1024 x 768 as windows resloution and think the icon should...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
  • Poll
I use a 42" PDP @ 848x480. It works well except that the TV can't be strected all the way on the width, I get about 2- 3 cm "black bar" on the left side and about 1 cm on the right side. Works very good while wathing video/movies but there would be nice to have a "stretch mode" which really don't care about aspect ratio, just...
I use a 42" PDP @ 848x480. It works well except that the TV can't be strected all the way on the width, I get about 2- 3 cm...
Hi all, I would like to know with what kind of display u use or intend to use mediaportal. As i wrote in another post, I use...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
  • Poll
k, Software card owners help out: check this. http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=3019#3019 Thanx
k, Software card owners help out: check this...
I would like to know what TV cards people have. Or what intention they have for the future.
Replies
Views
  • Poll
I guess we have a winner and that is: 'make it stable before adding new features' The MediaPortal team will focus the next weeks on stabilizing MediaPortal This means that during this period there will be -we wont be adding new features -we wont be beautifying existing features -we will be fixing bugs Offcourse you guys...
I guess we have a winner and that is: 'make it stable before adding new features' The MediaPortal team will focus the next...
Last week we had a topic where you tell the devs whats missing in MP We got a lot of reactions and collected a nice list of most...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
In the words of Dev Frodo: http://dott.lir.dk/mediaportal/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39&highlight=tuners
In the words of Dev Frodo: http://dott.lir.dk/mediaportal/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39&highlight=tuners
just curious what ppl like in MP
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Top Bottom