Skins and Design (12 Viewers)

Use this forum if you are working on a skin and need help, or want to showcase your work.

BlueVision (12 Viewers)

Lean and clean skin for MediaPortal 2

Nereus (2 Viewers)

WMC Skin (3 Viewers)

Hi Use link below http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh706316(v=vs.85).aspx Cool enuff? /mrj
Hi Use link below http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh706316(v=vs.85).aspx Cool enuff? /mrj
Few more information what I am actually trying to do: Direct2D is an interface to do hardware based modification on...
Replies
Views
@offbyone this would be really amazing if we can build a link between VS designer and MP2 for rendering! This feature already exists, inside SkinHelperPlugin there is a "ReloadSkin" action, which maps following shortcuts: public static readonly Key RELOAD_SCREEN_KEY = Key.F3; public static readonly Key RELOAD_THEME_KEY = Key.F4...
@offbyone this would be really amazing if we can build a link between VS designer and MP2 for rendering! This feature already...
Up to now, if you open the MP2 skin files (screens, styles) inside a design tool (VisualStudio, Blend), the used elements are not...
Replies
Views
Is there a real definition what is "latest"? In MP2 I list the newest recently imported items. Depending on media type, there are many possible date information available, let's give a few examples: The MediaAspect.ATTR_RECORDINGTIME contains a quite common date: for Audio/Movies there is the "release year". For TV recordings it's...
Is there a real definition what is "latest"? In MP2 I list the newest recently imported items. Depending on media type, there are...
I started to implement a small feature for MP2: I created a model to expose list of recently imported MediaItems, grouped by...
Replies
Views
the focused button text is in white and easily readable :) Edit: For ticker I will see how it can be improved
the focused button text is in white and easily readable :) Edit: For ticker I will see how it can be improved
I created a new theme called "Retro" for Titanium skin. In comparison to the default skin buttons have transparency and reflection...
Replies
Views
Hi. Done: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/new-community-theme-backvision2.127644/ I have linked to this thread for all those who are interested in the very first steps of development.
Hi. Done: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/new-community-theme-backvision2.127644/ I have linked to this thread for all...
Generally MP2 has a very clean, simple and beautiful interface in the main menue. Just one thing I really do not like much. 1) The...
Replies
Views
Nice going Morph and Wiz!!! Extra points for an option to have the scroll bar fade in/out only when the user is moving around. Keeps the view clean but of course some designers/users may like it always on.
Nice going Morph and Wiz!!! Extra points for an option to have the scroll bar fade in/out only when the user is moving around...
There were some question how to find settings when Titanium skin (see also...
Replies
Views
haha okay :D I should had know that you don't do half things xDD
haha okay :D I should had know that you don't do half things xDD
MP2 got a new control to view and set "ratings" in shape of stars. With the added control, designers (and developers) can take use...
Replies
Views
Although i really like some of the splashscreens posted, but when i boot my system (while the room is dark) some splashscreens are just to bright for my eyes. I'm more into fanart, but the problem with fanart is that its get old after a while. If you want a basic loading screen here is something i made. I picked up the .PSD from...
Although i really like some of the splashscreens posted, but when i boot my system (while the room is dark) some splashscreens are...
Hi. Done a little Photoshoping today. If you like, replace it with the default one in your MP2 client program folder.
Replies
Views
:rolleyes: http://www.ustream.tv/embed/17074538?v=3&wmode=direct
Replies
Views
Hi. It's a "bit" more complicated. This .inc is included in a xaml what is a resource of another xaml what is a resource of the screen file (or even another layer) ... Really hard to follow. Tomorrow I don't have time to continue, but the next days I will try to include your recommendation. Thanks a lot.
Hi. It's a "bit" more complicated. This .inc is included in a xaml what is a resource of another xaml what is a resource of the...
Hi. I think it's time for me to start learning MP2 skinning. I will need a lot of help to understand how things are done the MP2...
Replies
Views
Sorry, my fault ;) The "menu items" are defined by so call workflow actions. For SlimTV you'll find them in https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/blob/dev/MediaPortal/Incubator/SlimTvClient/Skin/default/workflow/SlimTvClient-actions.xml#L10. I still have constant literals included, not a resource tag. For a quick fix, place...
Sorry, my fault ;) The "menu items" are defined by so call workflow actions. For SlimTV you'll find them in...
Hi, In MP2- Client each plugins having language/strings_en.xml file where I can modify the Home page module title. I tried to...
Replies
Views
Hi. ATM there is no manual control of any type of fanart (Audio, Movies, Series,... nothing). But the team is working on the importer right atm. So let's wait and see what new features will come with this rework...
Hi. ATM there is no manual control of any type of fanart (Audio, Movies, Series,... nothing). But the team is working on the...
Hello guys, I'm hardly can't wait for a mp2 version for daily use. After updating to mp 1.6 I came across a question regarding...
Replies
Views
Perhaps we could create a collection of videoloops @ first post?
Perhaps we could create a collection of videoloops @ first post?
New Skin Feature: Video Backgrounds for MP2 Thanks to an idea of @chefkoch I extended our BackgroundManager Plugin to support...
Replies
Views
You can create a theme. For that you just replace the Skin files you want to Change and leave the rest in place. The wiki is a good place to start on learning MP1 skinning.
You can create a theme. For that you just replace the Skin files you want to Change and leave the rest in place. The wiki is a good...
I been trying few skins and I like titan skin however why in pictures, movies and other various plugins when you go into them it is...
Replies
Views
*DELETE*
*DELETE*
*DELETE*
Replies
Views
I also prefer to have a consistent screen layout (means not to hide labels if content is missing). While we can implement fallback texts already using MultiBinding, it would cause a lot of (XAML-)overhead for each label. A new "FallbackContent" property would be easier. Another, probably the architectural best way, is a converter...
I also prefer to have a consistent screen layout (means not to hide labels if content is missing). While we can implement fallback...
@morpheus_xx @wizard123 @Designers Could we collect, maybe in wiki (if it is not there yet), kind of best practices for...
Replies
Views
The RadialPanel is implemented visually. I stumbled into navigation problems, so put it on hold. When I get more time I'll probably give it another try.
The RadialPanel is implemented visually. I stumbled into navigation problems, so put it on hold. When I get more time I'll probably...
I've been thinking a lot about Navigation (at least for a new Home Screen) in MP2. It is the first thing the user sees when he...
Replies
Views
Yes I do agree. Made a comment in another thread before reading this
Yes I do agree. Made a comment in another thread before reading this
I am not sure on which screens you use MP2, but here I am having issues reading most of the texts. Of cource my screen with 23" is...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is the right place, but I would love to see larger an a nicer looking font on the buttons. IMO looks a little primitive.
Not sure if this is the right place, but I would love to see larger an a nicer looking font on the buttons. IMO looks a little...
Hi all, I just moved a MP2 specific request out of the MP1 thread into this new one. I would like to request some nice homescreen...
Replies
Views
Mouse Movement need a rework, I did it only for keyboard /remote useage which will be the primary input on most HTPCs. I didn't change anything related to mouse stuff (didn't know at the time if we would ever continue this road, so no efforts went into it).
Mouse Movement need a rework, I did it only for keyboard /remote useage which will be the primary input on most HTPCs. I didn't...
Do we plan a change related to the hidden menu, the info button on remotes and the context menu which is not available (anymore)...
Replies
Views
I'm not pro at development but maybe I can figure out a way to make it easier for people to set this up. I know a lot of members don't mind hacking but for everyday people that are interested in branding their pc for this purpose.
I'm not pro at development but maybe I can figure out a way to make it easier for people to set this up. I know a lot of members...
What about using some of these as windows boot screens? How would that work?
Replies
Views
I was just taking the opportunity while you were making changes but i will quietly slip back away lol
I was just taking the opportunity while you were making changes but i will quietly slip back away lol
What do you think about reducing the size of the buttons a touch to enable there to be 4 per row instead of 3, seems a waste of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Request for buttons DE
Can I get a couple of alpha 2 to try before I make buttons? On the homepage I see a link to alpha 1, is there an internal copy floating around that is compiled?scratch that I found the internal copy
Can I get a couple of alpha 2 to try before I make buttons? On the homepage I see a link to alpha 1, is there an internal copy...
Are all the above buttons for the home screen? Do you still require these? What resolution do you want or can you provide link to...
Replies
Views
Not sure if its related or not but the TranslateTransform values will not parse at my end because of using ',' instead of '.' <TranslateTransform X="0,8" Y="0,5"/> <!-- parse error -> <TranslateTransform X="0.8" Y="0.5"/> But perhaps this is just a localization thing between German and English cultures
Not sure if its related or not but the TranslateTransform values will not parse at my end because of using ',' instead of '.'...
I tried to create a power button in xaml. I used http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IEC5009_Standby_Symbol.svg as a base: With...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Navigation orders DE
A lot better with one behaviour regardless of skin used. Myself i would like another "back" step from the home screen returning to whatever media is playing if there is a media playing
A lot better with one behaviour regardless of skin used. Myself i would like another "back" step from the home screen returning to...
Hi guys, while I've tested the new mce remote plugin I found some issues in terms of navigation. I noticed that some...
Replies
Views
Yea, it looks like MediaPortal.Core.General no longer exists. I'll take a look at the weather portal and see if I can make some headway. Thanks Morpheus.
Yea, it looks like MediaPortal.Core.General no longer exists. I'll take a look at the weather portal and see if I can make some...
Forgive the newbie post, but I really need to get up to speed on this quickly. I am trying to wrap my head around plugin & skin...
Replies
Views
Thanks for feedback. The "window buttons" are missing indeed, I left them away in the beginning and did not re-add them again. My plan is to integrate @chefkoch 's extended PowerMenu later for this purpose. The "Video watched" indicator works differently to MP1: I use the single "PlayCount" property, this one is already increased...
Thanks for feedback. The "window buttons" are missing indeed, I left them away in the beginning and did not re-add them again. My...
Hi, First of all, great job on Titanium. Very great skin. But you know me, I always take time to share my opinion. First of...
Replies
Views
Until now the VirtualKeyboard had no support for copy & paste operations. When I tried to enter a RSS news url into the related config section I really had a problem: "http://golem.de.dynamic.feedsportal.com/pf/578068/http://rss.golem.de/rss.php?feed=RSS2.0" This was nothing I would enter key by key :P So I extended the...
Until now the VirtualKeyboard had no support for copy & paste operations. When I tried to enter a RSS news url into the related...
Until now the VirtualKeyboard had no support for copy & paste operations. When I tried to enter a RSS news url into the related...
Replies
Views
:oops: saw the 2? as ?? - sorry for the confusion - better delete my posts ;)
:oops: saw the 2? as ?? - sorry for the confusion - better delete my posts ;)
When I downloaded the latest version of iTunes, I got somewhat inspired to create a new layout that uses both Cover Flow and list...
Replies
Views
It's not a bug report nor a skin issue. But it might be design related and could be a discussion for a possible feature request. When the input of the user is needed, currently a full keyboard is displayed. While this is good in case of textural input, only a part of the the keyboard is needed if the expected value is an...
It's not a bug report nor a skin issue. But it might be design related and could be a discussion for a possible feature request...
It's not a bug report nor a skin issue. But it might be design related and could be a discussion for a possible feature request...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom