Skins and Design (11 Viewers)

Use this forum if you are working on a skin and need help, or want to showcase your work.

BlueVision (2 Viewers)

Lean and clean skin for MediaPortal 2

WMC Skin (3 Viewers)

MP1 MP2 reflexion views DE
ok great just wanted to be sure before bug report, the menu section in that view does it need the selection of different view removing then for now? so no confusion.
ok great just wanted to be sure before bug report, the menu section in that view does it need the selection of different view...
under movie from the home screen and then show all, am i supposed to be able to change the view in there as no matter which view i...
Replies
Views
Got more?
Got more?
Pretty interested in creating a theme for MP2, but not exactly up to speed on the XAML/skin engine side of things. I used to do a...
Replies
Views
Congratulations and good luck with the construction. Hope all goes well.
Congratulations and good luck with the construction. Hope all goes well.
Hi everybody, I'm working at last on a real skin for MP2. I'm experimenting with all the controls. Is there a way to change the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 Metro DE
Hello, where i can see the screens from the metro skin `? On first page i can't see only placeholder !
Hello, where i can see the screens from the metro skin `? On first page i can't see only placeholder !
Sneak Peek Coming Soon.... I started working on a new skin based on windows 8 Metro styling. I have spent a lot of time the...
Replies
Views
Maybe a complete-guide is not needed. Even a single task and how you solve it might be worth for a wiki page. This way it is easier for others to write a similar one and if there are several single-task-guides, somebody else might pick them up to make a complete one out of it.
Maybe a complete-guide is not needed. Even a single task and how you solve it might be worth for a wiki page. This way it is easier...
Hi everybody, I may be a bad coder, but my XAML/WPF/MPF knowledge is even worse. I'm trying hard, but I need your help. I started...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 A new project DE
Is ViewPort3D planned for the future? :) I remember me trying some things with MPF and this was one of the most missing parts :(
Is ViewPort3D planned for the future? :) I remember me trying some things with MPF and this was one of the most missing parts :(
Hi, As you already know, i'm the author of the Black Glass skins collection. A lot of good new skins have been released for Mp1...
Replies
Views
Thanks for those new suggestions! For splash screen, I would suggest a more subtle one, like the one suggested by kcosta. We had some internal discussions where we choose the current icon which you can see as icon of the EXE file. It's not so easy to change it because many things have to be discussed. The icon must fit to the...
Thanks for those new suggestions! For splash screen, I would suggest a more subtle one, like the one suggested by kcosta. We had...
Splash screen and Icons for MP2 Alpha release As announced here...
Replies
Views
Thanks! Making my WorkflowStates transient only fixed the problem.
Thanks! Making my WorkflowStates transient only fixed the problem.
In Onlinevideos I have 3 basic WorkflowStates: Sites -> Categories -> Videos. Currently everytime a new state is entered, I...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Like the OP I am no skin designer and do not have skills. However Ive come upon an idea that am hoping would inspire someone like the developers of Maya skin (my favorite MP skin thus far) or Backdrop or StreamedMP. The idea of the skin is coverflow. All elements including the menu items in classic home (or basic home)...
Hello All, Like the OP I am no skin designer and do not have skills. However Ive come upon an idea that am hoping would inspire...
This thread is not a skin design and I don’t have the skills to implement them, it is just a dump of my ideas and hope it will...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Display a image DE
Of course, but I used for testing the png from aoen stark (xbmc skin) wich has a png with border, shadow to the border and glass effect
Of course, but I used for testing the png from aoen stark (xbmc skin) wich has a png with border, shadow to the border and glass effect
How to simple display a image from png file in xaml (path problem) ? In my screen I have this: <Image Width="128" Height="128"...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 Cheat Sheet DE
:thx: .... and for those who can't open docx (and don't want to install a viewer).
:thx: .... and for those who can't open docx (and don't want to install a viewer).
Here is an updated Cheat Sheet for MP2. I developed this cheat sheet while working on the new MP2 Metro Skin (still under...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 "Rising" Skin for MP2 [WiP] (1 Viewer) DE
Thanks for these explanations!
Thanks for these explanations!
MP2 got a new Skin! It's yet unnamed, so name suggestions are welcome :) The screenshots show different development steps and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MyWorld Skin DE
AW: MyWorld Skin Hi hardcorehire, great to see you are interested in MP2. Currently there is no one (yet) working to port MovingPictures or TVSeries to MP2. offbyone is already working to port his onlineVideos to MP2. I would suggest you to get in touch how skinning works in MP2 and trying to modify current plugins and menus...
AW: MyWorld Skin Hi hardcorehire, great to see you are interested in MP2. Currently there is no one (yet) working to port...
Background: I have been a user of mediaportal for a long time now and actually wrote a MyRolodex plugin a few years ago. I have...
Replies
Views
This is no longer the case: the thumbnail creation is done in two ways. For server import of shares all thumbs are created and stored in the media library. The client-only browsing does only use the existing thumbs from windows 7 thumb cache. Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
This is no longer the case: the thumbnail creation is done in two ways. For server import of shares all thumbs are created and...
Hi all, while I was trying to bring more graphics to MP2 skins, I had to find out that video thumbs are not working at all...
Replies
Views
AW: New: Antialiasing for MP2 gui this is not what I meant, AA is disabled when presenting image/video surfaces, but it's enabled for vector graphics: - render video image without AA - render GUI controls using AA AA setting can be controlled for each drawed primitive separately
AW: New: Antialiasing for MP2 gui this is not what I meant, AA is disabled when presenting image/video surfaces, but it's enabled...
Hi all, I finally managed to find a working D3D setup to enable anti-aliasing for MP2 :) It gives us smoother edges, button...
Replies
Views
These look a LOT like the images on my HTC phone (android)...
These look a LOT like the images on my HTC phone (android)...
Hello everybody =) Catavolt uses really nice weather images in his skin pureVisionHD and due to my opinion these images are a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Separation of menu items (1 Viewer) DE
AW: Separation of menu items Smeulf, the "display category" is just a simple string which is defined as an XML attribute of a workflow action declaration. Thus a display category is not a first-class object which needs to be declared or even hard coded somewhere. A display category is just a simple string which exists if at least one...
AW: Separation of menu items Smeulf, the "display category" is just a simple string which is defined as an XML attribute of a...
Hi all, morpheus wrote a PM about how we could separate different kinds of menu items. I think that discussion should be public...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Silly Question DE
Re: AW: Silly Question :thx: Ok I had found it and copied the folder, Renamed it in hope MP would pick it up as another skin file. Reason why I thought it was the wrong folder
Re: AW: Silly Question :thx: Ok I had found it and copied the folder, Renamed it in hope MP would pick it up as another skin...
But which is the skin file for MP2, I have read the wiki but am still a little confused.
Replies
Views
AW: configuration menu not consistent thanks for the info :p
AW: configuration menu not consistent thanks for the info :p
If you go to settings -> Plugins -> weather you will see two buttons (Playlists and configure cities[/Städte konfigurieren]). If...
Replies
Views
AW: Upcoming Skinning Contest yes, I saw it already, too :P But this is a complete framework and so you can't use it with MPF, because MPF is in some points very different to WPF... Another point is that some things are just not implemented in MPF yet, like <Viewport3D..>. I'm not an expert, but I think it is at the moment more...
AW: Upcoming Skinning Contest yes, I saw it already, too :P But this is a complete framework and so you can't use it with MPF...
The MediaPortal 2 core code is getting more and more stable and we are about to move our development power to the MediaPortal 2...
Replies
Views
Re: AW: Re: MP2 Theme: Dark Silver That is really interesting, I had no idea that could be done with the new skin engine (but to be fair, I haven't read up on everything in the Wiki yet). Sounds like skin designers and their users are going to have a very productive time once they get their heads round the concept.
Re: AW: Re: MP2 Theme: Dark Silver That is really interesting, I had no idea that could be done with the new skin engine (but to...
I started to style the included MP2 themes a bit, and here are the results:
Replies
Views
Re: AW: MP2 Theme: Black Backdrop Actually I've already written the particle system control. There are some technical reasons why I haven't posted it yet but I'll send you a PM shortly and you can try it out. It's really easy to add stuff like this to the SkinEngine so I expect there will be other eye-candy stuff in the future too.
Re: AW: MP2 Theme: Black Backdrop Actually I've already written the particle system control. There are some technical reasons why...
This is an example theme that allows changed backgrounds for menu items. The beautiful screens were taken as examples from here...
Replies
Views
this will be so amazing ..if we can throw all kinds of 3d objects/scenes from blender WMF apps and such cant wait to see some amazing skins in the future!
this will be so amazing ..if we can throw all kinds of 3d objects/scenes from blender WMF apps and such cant wait to see some...
I played just a little bit with the stander skin and think that it looks pretty nice if you do the following changes...
Replies
Views
AW: ThemeResources don't reload all the time?! / Could not convert object '1,1,1,1'.. MPF has a measuring model which is slightly different to WPF. Our Width/Height don't support the Auto setting and some control sizing might be a bit different. Auto isn't the same as *. When used in a Grid's columns or rows, Auto means the size is...
AW: ThemeResources don't reload all the time?! / Could not convert object '1,1,1,1'.. MPF has a measuring model which is slightly...
I tried to play a bit more with the basic stuff of MPF and without the workflow models it is much easier^^ I changed the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 community skins? DE
You should install Visual Studio 2010(Express) and just play a bit with WPF in the Visual Designer... to see some good result you don't need any code in the project but you are able to get a good view on how to design with WPF. If you've done that the step to Media Portals MPF is not that big...
You should install Visual Studio 2010(Express) and just play a bit with WPF in the Visual Designer... to see some good result you...
I have spent many an hour playing with skins in MP and had a great time doing it, getting every thing just the way I like it. I...
Replies
Views
Today, our skinning contest finishes. We have seen many people starting skinning for MP2 until now. But are there real results until now? If yes, please show them now!
Today, our skinning contest finishes. We have seen many people starting skinning for MP2 until now. But are there real results...
Today, our skinning contest finishes. We have seen many people starting skinning for MP2 until now. But are there real results...
Replies
Views
AW: Skinning contest: One month to go Concerning the resourceWrapper and the contentPresnert: I think I got the point now ;) You use it that you have always a menu / the same menu, similar to PHP and templates where you have a main template and include the content templates^^ This would be the main usage of the resourceWrapper I...
AW: Skinning contest: One month to go Concerning the resourceWrapper and the contentPresnert: I think I got the point now ;) You...
Hi guys and gals, about one month ago, I announced our skinning contest. In the meantime, I got many requests about how to find...
Replies
Views
AW: Zune inpired now playing for music? From what I can see, the MP2 SkinEngine is able to provide such screens. I cannot tell if the media plugin will provide all the information you can see on that video in your other post, but if not, you can simply write another model which provides additional information. But from the...
AW: Zune inpired now playing for music? From what I can see, the MP2 SkinEngine is able to provide such screens. I cannot tell...
Back in June I wrote a small post asking if it was possible to have a Zune look-alike screen for the now playing music part, but I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Skin Documentation DE
Hello Klez, we will shortly switch to a completely new, vastly improved wiki (transformation/updating of the old content has been ongoing for several weeks), but thx for reporting.
Hello Klez, we will shortly switch to a completely new, vastly improved wiki (transformation/updating of the old content has...
Hello, I would like to write some overlays... Therefore i could need the skin documentation, but i can't find it. The link from...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Skinning contest DE
AW: Skinning contest At the current state of development, there is another reason why I don't want to provide such a build to the public: If we would provide everything out-of-the-box, people would probably also expect to get a visual design tool for skins, to get a detailed reference etc. At this point of time, I would like to...
AW: Skinning contest At the current state of development, there is another reason why I don't want to provide such a build to the...
The time has come! We start our skinning competition for MediaPortal 2. Everyone can take part, either alone or in a group. Those...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom