Video-Cards (6 Viewers)

Discussions about Video-Cards and their drivers in here
You cannot beat this community! So helpful. Many many thanks. Now, how about this one? Product #N82E16814130531. Is it smarter to let them over clock it? My mother board seems pretty flexible with that stuff, but I've never done it. I think you guys have sold me on a 240 GT! I would like speed preferably. Anything that will make...
You cannot beat this community! So helpful. Many many thanks. Now, how about this one? Product #N82E16814130531. Is it smarter...
I started building and HTPC about 4 months ago now out of a relic desktop I had laying around (this is my first PC build). It...
Replies
Views
No - see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-1-svn-builds-313/1080i-material-not-deinterlacing-under-1-0-1-0-a-58486/index9.html#post470166 Tony
No - see...
simple question is the 8200g onboard enough for stutter free HD TV and x264 1080i playback?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [ATI] HD 3870 TV Out DE
tried to get the remote starting MediaPortal with the mediacenter button couldnt get "mpTray.exe" to work (plugin especially for this) in windows 7 it says "couldnt find mptray.exe", if you are running the install.bat with admin rights anyone that used the grider/MCE plugin to get the remote working, even if MediaPortal isnt the...
tried to get the remote starting MediaPortal with the mediacenter button couldnt get "mpTray.exe" to work (plugin especially for...
Hey all can i use my DVI Out via HDMI to my LCD and having mediaPortal on my TV, while working on my PC? something like...
Replies
Views
Hi, just installed the Asus EAH4350 card into my HTPC. Works excellent, supports HDCP codes via DVI to my Benq DVI Flatscreen. No fan, just silent. Paid 25€ here in Munich :-)
Hi, just installed the Asus EAH4350 card into my HTPC. Works excellent, supports HDCP codes via DVI to my Benq DVI Flatscreen...
Hi, just installed the Asus EAH4350 card into my HTPC. Works excellent, supports HDCP codes via DVI to my Benq DVI Flatscreen...
Replies
Views
no, for me it is not visible, even if I am logged in. Maybe you have to enable it. Do you see it yourself? I can see my own "My System". user CP -> edit your detail -> display user specs But with your Phenom the HD4200 will perform really fine, as it should. exactly. idle consumption and energy efficiency is the point. And Athol II...
no, for me it is not visible, even if I am logged in. Maybe you have to enable it. Do you see it yourself? I can see my own "My...
Hi, I had a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H, which has to be replaced. I have found different similar boards with different integrated...
Replies
Views
Hmmm i will try take a pic of the color tear seems i do have the X4500HD G45 Express Its just that my Bluray movies are just not watchable
Hmmm i will try take a pic of the color tear seems i do have the X4500HD G45 Express Its just that my Bluray movies are just...
System Specs Intel DG45ID Graphics Onboard Intel X4500HD (Latest Drivers) Intel Core Duo2 2.9 8gb ddr 2 Memory Windows 7...
Replies
Views
Just been looking into these for building my htpc Whichone of these would anyone recommend to use in a htpc case? Case would be Silverstone LC10B-E, motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H CPU AMD Athlon II X2 240e or 235e thx for the info
Just been looking into these for building my htpc Whichone of these would anyone recommend to use in a htpc case? Case would be...
Just been looking into these for building my htpc Whichone of these would anyone recommend to use in a htpc case? Case would be...
Replies
Views
All old nvidia cads can send sound through hdmi cable but only SPDIF because they was connected to sound card through SPDIF cable. New cards like GT240 or GT220 supports direct sound transfer(no need spdif cable) and supports more bandwidth sound streams it that way.
All old nvidia cads can send sound through hdmi cable but only SPDIF because they was connected to sound card through SPDIF cable...
I was just reading a review of this card and it stated that this was the one of the few nvidea graphic cards that sends audio...
Replies
Views
I run with a EVGA 8400GS 521mb PCI version, and so far OK. Not tried it on HD output yet (still have a SD TV) so can't advise on if there are issues with the higher resolutions. Am able to get 50fps using VMR and PowerDVD codecs. Works fine with Mediaportal (running under XP, 2g ram, 3GHz pentium machine). You'll find if new they are...
I run with a EVGA 8400GS 521mb PCI version, and so far OK. Not tried it on HD output yet (still have a SD TV) so can't advise on if...
Hi, i need a new PCI (not express!) graphiccard. It has to be passive, be able to run MP and play TV from the TV server (not...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [ATI] stream software DE
Yep, even ran that online checker as well. All the docs say it should work. but it doesnt, and the support for this software wont respond to emails. so much for customer service! I moved on though. going to stick with ffdshow. no muss to fuss. takes a little time to get it tweeked the way you want it but at least when you ask...
Yep, even ran that online checker as well. All the docs say it should work. but it doesnt, and the support for this software wont...
Ok. i just picked up arcsoft total media theater 3 because I read that it upscales ( as much as possible) ALL media to 1080p using...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
As far as I can recall, Swede's hack was a patched texture cache file. Once the SVNs got the option (only through editing the xml file) of not caching all the textures, Swede's hack was no longer needed. The setting is off by default still. You have to edit the xml.
As far as I can recall, Swede's hack was a patched texture cache file. Once the SVNs got the option (only through editing the xml...
I see some times people having problems with skins when VRAM is smaller then 512MB. I have myself HD3200 IGP with 256MB (no way to...
Replies
Views
I now changed the pixelformat in the ati ccc and on my tv and now everything looks great. About that error in EVR... I hope the 1.1 Release comes out in a week or so, so ill wait. but thanks for that info! istnt the black level dependend from the used codec?
I now changed the pixelformat in the ati ccc and on my tv and now everything looks great. About that error in EVR... I hope the...
Hi Guys, im using a ATI HD5750 on my Vista SP1 HTPC running mediaportal. So far so good, everything is working fine, but the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [OTHER] New AGP card DE
Hi, My Gigabyte Nvidia 6600GT card has just failed, I think it's a video card memory problem. Anyway I'm looking for a new AGP video card with S-Video output and wonder what advice you can give. I currently use a 720 x 576 resolution with an S-Video connection to my Sony CRT television, but next year be looking to get an HD LCD...
Hi, My Gigabyte Nvidia 6600GT card has just failed, I think it's a video card memory problem. Anyway I'm looking for a new AGP...
Hi, My Gigabyte Nvidia 6600GT card has just failed, I think it's a video card memory problem. Anyway I'm looking for a new AGP...
Replies
Views
Hi Community! Catalyst and driver 9.10 ist out now -> Link Best regards Helios
Replies
Views
Help Is there anyone out there with any ideas? Am I the only person with this problem? Help, please....
Help Is there anyone out there with any ideas? Am I the only person with this problem? Help, please....
In Short: I recently "upgraded" [and by 'upgraded' I mean that I recieved a hand me down] the video card I have in my computer...
Replies
Views
Is it fast enough to play 720p mkv's in MEPO? Now I use an old radeon 7000, which surprisingly works quite well in MEPO, but every time I play mkv with MEPO it gets terribly out of sync. The system is fast enough to decode mkv's since it plays them very well with MPC. I'm asking about fx5200 because they are cheap and it's very hard...
Is it fast enough to play 720p mkv's in MEPO? Now I use an old radeon 7000, which surprisingly works quite well in MEPO, but every...
Is it fast enough to play 720p mkv's in MEPO? Now I use an old radeon 7000, which surprisingly works quite well in MEPO, but every...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [ATI] ati cards DE
The 3650 was given to me. as the HTPC is strictly media play back (I have a small monster for games) I was trying to decide if there was going to be a substantial difference between my old 2600pro and the 3650. well I tossed it in and updated drivers and it turned out to be a 512mb version and not the 256, nice surprise for me. It ran...
The 3650 was given to me. as the HTPC is strictly media play back (I have a small monster for games) I was trying to decide if...
Was wondering what peoples opinions were on the following cards. ati hd2600 pro 512mb or ati 3650 256mb. thoughts. Mike...
Replies
Views
just replaced an nvidia 8500 with ATI HD 4350 OC. Plays HD MKV's fine as far as I can tell, with DXVA enabled (using MP and SAF 3.47). Not seen what the last issues were though!
just replaced an nvidia 8500 with ATI HD 4350 OC. Plays HD MKV's fine as far as I can tell, with DXVA enabled (using MP and SAF...
Download If anyone could test if hd mkvs are working again in MediaPortal with Catalyst 9.9 that would be nice.. :]
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [ATI] Cool and Quiet? DE
Thanks for the advice. I ended up buying a HD 4350 OC (factory overclocked to 650mhz), and its working fine for me so far. Much smaller card, and seems to run cooler than the old Nvidia. Works fine on DXVA up to 1080p. Not tried a blu ray yet, but I'm pretty confident it'll be fine. Not found any interlaced material to test yet.
Thanks for the advice. I ended up buying a HD 4350 OC (factory overclocked to 650mhz), and its working fine for me so far. Much...
I'm getting a fair bit of heat build up in my media pc, and it looks like its being caused by the fanless nvidia 8500 card, which...
Replies
Views
O.K. to be very systematic about this, I am guessing like myself you have two or more issues. You might try the free sw tool HDMI on hdmiOn – a solution to loss of DVI video EDID signal on HD TVs | thydzik's technology blog But I would suggest the following: Follow the driver sweeper instructions to remove all old/ or newer...
O.K. to be very systematic about this, I am guessing like myself you have two or more issues. You might try the free sw tool...
Hi there I have posted a question in the MP help section but I guess my problems are due to problems with a gfx card. Can...
Replies
Views
I agree with that comparison very much so... not a lot of bs being thrown around at all. I myself go the discrete route with an HD 4670, they recommend an HD 4650 but I and many others have had issues with it handling advanced postprocessing such as deinterlacing. I am extremely happy so far and with 24p just about fixed in...
I agree with that comparison very much so... not a lot of bs being thrown around at all. I myself go the discrete route with an HD...
Interesting article just out ATI Avivo HD + Intel ClearVideo + nVidia Purevideo Blu-ray Done Right: How Does Your Integrated GPU...
Replies
Views
sometimes it's good to go with the manufacturer's version of the driver as all the video cards are slightly different
sometimes it's good to go with the manufacturer's version of the driver as all the video cards are slightly different
When I installed my ATI card (always used nvidia before) the current MP wisdom was to use the 8.12 driver because of some colour...
Replies
Views
I have a onbaord Nvidia 9300 GPU and it runs fine with 24p. But I have to check VMR9 to get perfect audio sync in mediaportal. EVR does have audio sync problems. I used SAF and now coreavc.
I have a onbaord Nvidia 9300 GPU and it runs fine with 24p. But I have to check VMR9 to get perfect audio sync in mediaportal. EVR...
i am going to upgrade my system with a standalone videocard for 1080p@24hz no i read a lot of problems regarding audio sync issues...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I tried 9.8 for a couple of days, but found it really messed with playback of just about everything (bluray, mkv & live tv). I had low FPS, dropped frames and lots of jitter. Was a major step backwards for me, so reverted back to 9.6 Now back to an 'almost' happy stage. Cheers Si almost = there must be...
Hi All, I tried 9.8 for a couple of days, but found it really messed with playback of just about everything (bluray, mkv & live...
What?s a good title for a Quakecon blog? | AMD at Play Links at the bottom of the page.
Replies
Views
Updated scripts: There was a timing issue with *_50* and *_24*.
Updated scripts: There was a timing issue with *_50* and *_24*.
Hi! I needed an easy way to switch my desktop settings (1920x1080) between "clone"/"standard" mode and "24p"/"50p", so I wrote...
Replies
Views
will one of these recomended cards above help me play my 720p and 1080i movies? I recently added a used computer to my son's room. It has a celeron D processor 2.40 Ghz (if I remember correctly) with 512 MB of Memory. The video card is a Nvidea GeForce 6200 (512MB). everything works fine except any of my mkv files that are larger...
will one of these recomended cards above help me play my 720p and 1080i movies? I recently added a used computer to my son's room...
Hi, I would like to hear your experiences with different video cards. I have a rather old system (Nvidia 6200 AGP card) and is...
Replies
Views
Yes, I did Not yet....I'm currently in a 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' phase :) The BSODs I got with 186.18 were really nasty - it would BSOD on resume and then BSOD again on the reboot (after which it would be OK until the next resume) - I reached for the system restore button pretty quickly ! Tony
Yes, I did Not yet....I'm currently in a 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' phase :) The BSODs I got with 186.18 were really...
Hi All, I have been doing some searching for NVidia cards and came across the Zotac 9800GT (short review here). Has anyone...
Replies
Views
I have noticed that and downloaded the AVIVO codec pack for 9.7 and I think its working better now. My De-noise is working. (?)
I have noticed that and downloaded the AVIVO codec pack for 9.7 and I think its working better now. My De-noise is working. (?)
I think for the other OS it will come soon! ATI Catalyst™ 9.7 Suite for Windows 7 (32-bit) Best regards Helios
Replies
Views
No one knows anything about this?
No one knows anything about this?
Hi, This might be a strange question but I've tried to google all possible solutions without success. I have a standard HTPC...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the very informative reply etheesdad. It looks like im out of luck with upgrading my cpu. Unfortunately, I do have socket 754 so gonna have to upgrade everything, as i suspected. :P If only i had spent the extra $$ to go with socket 939 at the time i ordered all of my hardware. Ahh well, it's been a good run with the...
Thanks for the very informative reply etheesdad. It looks like im out of luck with upgrading my cpu. Unfortunately, I do have...
Hi everyone, I built an HTPC a number of years ago and at that time used an eVGA Nvidia 6600 GT AGP video card. With my current...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom