Video-Cards (11 Viewers)

Discussions about Video-Cards and their drivers in here
Hi. I was about to comment that I tried eveything suggested here, with no luck, and that remaining fact was that enabling graphs stopped tearing. This morning I tried latest dshowhelper .676(available yesterday evening?) and all was fine. 24p worked nicely. Very Nice., so Thank You @Owlsroost
Hi. I was about to comment that I tried eveything suggested here, with no luck, and that remaining fact was that enabling graphs...
I have one mp4 film(avatar) which won't play well if I set dynamic refresh rate to 23.976. Everything else is fine and all other...
Replies
Views
http://www.play.com/stores/basecom/listing/694036818 Not a rip off at that price http://www.play.com/stores/basecom/listing/694036818 Sadly has fan, both of the above have only a 64bit controller, where some of the more expensive versions are 128bit, most people for video playback would not notice that unless resolution is...
http://www.play.com/stores/basecom/listing/694036818 Not a rip off at that price...
Which of these cards would anyone suggest for a HDTV, HD Video Client PC. Nvidia GT210 512mb Nvidia GT520 1gb PNY GT8400GS 512mb...
Replies
Views
I've never noticed any performance issues at all on my current or previous system (now bedroom tv), then again the best quality I get from Live-TV is 720p. Thanks for info! :)
I've never noticed any performance issues at all on my current or previous system (now bedroom tv), then again the best quality I...
Hey everyone! I'm looking for a very quiet but fast graphic card. Any ideas? It should have HDMI 1.4a and I want it to be very...
Replies
Views
Woohoo. Might have made progress. I initially brought the TV as a Ex Demo. Turned out it was still in Store Mode (Resets all settings every 30 seconds) Combination of vol button and Menu for 10 seconds reset it to std mode. Now I should be able to run 1080p mode without reducing the resolution.
Woohoo. Might have made progress. I initially brought the TV as a Ex Demo. Turned out it was still in Store Mode (Resets all...
HI all! I have a Samsung 40" plasma TV which accepts HDMI at 720p and 1080i. I have Win 7, an nVidia 8600GT with latest driver...
Replies
Views
Hi Ray, The ones that came with the card were a couple of revisions back from the current ones.. 306.x ?? I really don't know what to do with this card... I just feel like taking it back :(
Hi Ray, The ones that came with the card were a couple of revisions back from the current ones.. 306.x ?? I really don't know...
Hi Guys, Just installed my new Asus GT 630 2Gb video card in the lounge based PC. (The old HD5550 is now in the server). Setup...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
for 23.976 perfect playback, in my case, nvidia with custom resolution/hertz is the way to go.
for 23.976 perfect playback, in my case, nvidia with custom resolution/hertz is the way to go.
I look for a completley new HTPC. The price does not matter. Want to Use the OrigenAE S14V. First I want to get a Intel Ivy Bridge...
Replies
Views
Have you people seen this post of mine? Not sure you'll be satisfied, but I am. Try it, you might like it. And save a few bucks while you decide what to do. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/major-stutter-resolved-integrated-gpu.112492/
Have you people seen this post of mine? Not sure you'll be satisfied, but I am. Try it, you might like it. And save a few bucks...
MediaPortal Version: 1.2beta multiseat MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP Windows Version: Win7 32bit SP1 CPU Type: Core i3 HDD...
Replies
Views
These Temperatures are completely fine! https://www.google.de/search?q=temperatures+6450
These Temperatures are completely fine! https://www.google.de/search?q=temperatures+6450
Hi there, as the XFX Ati HD 6450 won't fit into my case (to high), I got myself the Powercolor version of that card. I'm...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 GPU question - change or modify? (2 Viewers) DE
I wouldn't bother with spending money on the card, I put the things in a cabinet that can be closed, a good case with some isolation could also drain out the fan noise a little.
I wouldn't bother with spending money on the card, I put the things in a cabinet that can be closed, a good case with some...
I currently have a MSI Cyclone GTX460 GPU in my Mediaportal server. I was playing games on it also, but have since removed them and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [NVIDIA] GT430 DE
Mine runs in the upper 60's C, even over 70 C on these hot summer days. And that's with active cooling. I should mention though that it's pretty crowded inside my HTPC case, with only a few millimeters of space between the heatsink and the tuner card next to it. It used to run even hotter until I forced the space open as far as I...
Mine runs in the upper 60's C, even over 70 C on these hot summer days. And that's with active cooling. I should mention though...
So I thought I'd go treat myself to a shiny new video card and this little baby did the trick...
Replies
Views
Hi Need suggestions on which graphic card to go:- Quiet Able to fit in LC17 case Compatible to run with Intel E7200 for now (Will upgrade soon) Compatible with Asus P5k Pro Needs to be able to have 3D, and 3D simulation support (Will end up with 3D TV/Projector soon) Possibly decode bluray audio formats Best value for money...
Hi Need suggestions on which graphic card to go:- Quiet Able to fit in LC17 case Compatible to run with Intel E7200 for now...
Hi Need suggestions on which graphic card to go:- Quiet Able to fit in LC17 case Compatible to run with Intel E7200 for now...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Nvidia problem DE
Last night I thro' another HD in it and put windows media center on it. After work Ill swap the drives back install the latest Media Portal but its the Nvida driver that hangs the PC not Media Portal. Thank you for your time BTW but im not sure it worth spending any more on it ( old hardware old tv ).
Last night I thro' another HD in it and put windows media center on it. After work Ill swap the drives back install the latest...
Have tryed latest and an old 0.23 install menus are corupt Out put from a fx5200 to a TV (composite ) old P4 xp pro PC vidoes...
Replies
Views
Well, that didn't help. :( I did however found something that REALLY helped. Turning off the refresh rate changer in MediaPortal's General Options. Now everything syncs 100% with ReClock. Maybe I should post a bug report in the Refresh Rate Changer thread? Emph
Well, that didn't help. :( I did however found something that REALLY helped. Turning off the refresh rate changer in MediaPortal's...
After years of service my 8500GT has died and needs replacing. I'm looking at the GT430 or GT520. Geforce GT 520 * 810 MHz...
Replies
Views
Thanks!
Thanks!
Hi, I'm looking for a low profile passive cooled GT430. The only one that seems to fit the description is...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am a user of this "holy grail" and I can tell you, it's the best HTPC GPU I've seen so far. But this did not mean you can't use anything else...;) Most of the OnBoard GPU are not really powerfull. If they are (like Intel SandyBridge or AMD LLiano / Zacate) full HTPC taste (incl. VA Deinterlacing) can be there. But there are...
Hi. I am a user of this "holy grail" and I can tell you, it's the best HTPC GPU I've seen so far. But this did not mean you can't...
Hi there, I have been noticing, recently, that everyone is talking about the GT430 being the holy grail of video cards at the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, It should be the other forum... :p If you prefer simplicisty... install the latest SAF...chose passthru (have AV receiver attached), and ensure "HD receiver connected" is "no". J.
Hi there, It should be the other forum... :p If you prefer simplicisty... install the latest SAF...chose passthru (have AV...
I have an integrated Intel G41 motherboard and find my machine struggles with 1080p material and some HD live TV.. Would a...
Replies
Views
Yeah, try LAV Filters for MPEG2, & set the audio decoder back to MPC-MPA (SPDIF passthrough if required) or LAV. PowerDVD isn't great for our TV as it can often detect the wrong framerate & display at half rate (25 instead of 50). Configure LAV with CUVID adaptive, 50/60p, high-quality processing (may need to turn off HQ processing...
Yeah, try LAV Filters for MPEG2, & set the audio decoder back to MPC-MPA (SPDIF passthrough if required) or LAV. PowerDVD isn't...
Now this is a weird one which someone might beable to answer but first some setup details AMD dual core running at 2500Mhz...
Replies
Views
Yeah, it does that with everything off & deinterlacing set to weave (the lowest), so that's not where the issue is. I've fiddled with audio & video codecs, the audio renderer, local & remote playback. I can get 576i SD TV to almost flat graphs (but not flat), but 1080i & 720p wobble like my screenshot. It's a shame because it's...
Yeah, it does that with everything off & deinterlacing set to weave (the lowest), so that's not where the issue is. I've fiddled...
I've just set up an Arctic Entertainment passively cooled PC as my bedroom HTPC & it's my first foray in to the ATI world for quite...
Replies
Views
Thanks, Yeah I'm not going to keep the stock heat sink, hopefully I can unlock the CPU. I am starting with a 430w PSU can always upgrade if needed. Any sugestions on a heat sink? I'm going to use the Antec Black Aluminum / Steel Fusion Remote Black Micro ATX Media Center / HTPC Case. Again :thx:
Thanks, Yeah I'm not going to keep the stock heat sink, hopefully I can unlock the CPU. I am starting with a 430w PSU can...
Do I need a dedicated video card? I am currently in the process of building my very own HTPC, I am buying it piece by piece when I...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the encouraging feedback! I still plan to start looking for a new motherboard, as my current one prevents me from upgrading my tuner card. I would like to switch to Digital Devices Cine CT, but have no PCI Express slots (other than the x16 slot for the video card). Of course, if the comment about underpowered graphics on...
Thanks for the encouraging feedback! I still plan to start looking for a new motherboard, as my current one prevents me from...
My HD3450 doesn't seem quite able to keep up with HD. I get occasional brief hangs in the picture, as well as the problems reported...
Replies
Views
G
As with all things - they work for some people, not for others. In this case I have been unlucky With the 6450 the 11.11 drivers caused total corruption of one of my HD channels. Changed to 11.4 and all was ok. But then the main problem is the HDMI port, if I use it then I get 'hum bars' across the TV at 50hz. Looking into this it...
As with all things - they work for some people, not for others. In this case I have been unlucky With the 6450 the 11.11 drivers...
Both roughly the same price ish. Just want the mkv playback on 1080p files to be a tiny bit smoother, as i get the odd stutter...
Replies
Views
11.11 looks good to me too.
11.11 looks good to me too.
Hi! Since ATI 11.5 drivers, my receiver (connected via HDMI) is not detected as connected anymore, when I do the following...
Replies
Views
Thanks Jay, that thought did cross my mind, however my main thought was...'sod it, I have to do something'. I cannot fit a standard passively cooled card in, so I may do a heath-robinson heat pipe/heatsink job by removing the existing fan and cannabilising an old, non working laptop I have. :ooops: ...oooh, Mr Gimlet (fnaaar...
Thanks Jay, that thought did cross my mind, however my main thought was...'sod it, I have to do something'. I cannot fit a standard...
Hi Guys, I'm just posting this up in case someone else has the same problem - it may save them 3 hours of pointless messing...
Replies
Views
Yep not pretty at all :( At least you have not invalidated your warranty on graphics card ;)
Yep not pretty at all :( At least you have not invalidated your warranty on graphics card ;)
Found this article today on anandtech's website..very useful if you are the kind to be ultra specific in your htpc video card...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [ATI] AMD HD 4350 versus NVIDIA GT220 (1 Viewer) DE
That would probably fix it for me too then. But I did not have a single problem with the GT220, so I just leave it where it is. The AMD card just went into my sons first computer, no refresh rate changes needed, so no problem. VdR
That would probably fix it for me too then. But I did not have a single problem with the GT220, so I just leave it where it is. The...
I have had an AMD HD4350 in my living room client with success for a while. However I just threw it out, here is why. I upgraded...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [ATI] 23.976 or 24 Hz DE
For your information : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-development-no-feature-request-here-48/mp1-evr-presenter-dshowhelper-community-development-81148/index127.html#post773557
For your information ...
Can someone confirm if the 24Hz mode in ATI catalyst 11.4 is actually 23.976? I have read lots of posts about version 9.x of...
Replies
Views
I have a guest room with an old P4 client pc. AGP HD2600 graphic card connected to an old Sony 32" FX66 TV with S-video. "Problem" When I return from standby there are no picture on the tv. It must be the graphic card that does not detect the tv after standby? Does any of you remember/know a solution or have any ideas of what I...
I have a guest room with an old P4 client pc. AGP HD2600 graphic card connected to an old Sony 32" FX66 TV with S-video...
I have a guest room with an old P4 client pc. AGP HD2600 graphic card connected to an old Sony 32" FX66 TV with S-video...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Just ordered a 6670 1GB GDDR5 (didnt see the point in a 6770 as the heat/power is getting too much for a HTPC) :D I'll do some tests against the HD4290, HD5450, HD5670 J. (Will my HTPC perfection quest ever end!)
Hi there, Just ordered a 6670 1GB GDDR5 (didnt see the point in a 6770 as the heat/power is getting too much for a HTPC) :D I'll...
I am in the process of upgrading my video card. Currently installed: ATI 4350 (passive). This was originally selected as it was...
Replies
Views
You don't get any more de-interlacing control with the higher end nVidia cards i.e. no control at all....:( A GT430 is good compromise of performance/cost/heat for HTPC use. Tony
You don't get any more de-interlacing control with the higher end nVidia cards i.e. no control at all....:( A GT430 is good...
Hi Ive recently upgraded to a full hd lcd TV. Since the upgrade, i get an occasional stutter when watching HD tv which is 1080i...
Replies
Views
i'll try vista drivers and see if that helps. i have no idea what type the tv part is. they told me to use drivers for a theatre pro 750. it has a coaxial thing on the back. vista drivers didn't work
i'll try vista drivers and see if that helps. i have no idea what type the tv part is. they told me to use drivers for a theatre...
ok. i had to recently get a new hard drive for my computer and decided to upgrade to windows 7 64 bit. what i didn't know was that...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom