General Support (77 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
MP1 MP2 iMOn PAD DE
Hi there Did you try pressing the off button for more than a second? I had the problem, but solved it by doing that (says so in the powermanagemnt part of the program.) Also see here: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8166&highlight=imo Hope this helps /Karsten, MP noob
Hi there Did you try pressing the off button for more than a second? I had the problem, but solved it by doing that (says so...
2qs about this remote: How do I make it suspend my computer? It seems that my front-panel power off can be routed to S1/S3, but...
Replies
Views
Stranger2005 - do you have DNTV Live installed ? and what codecs are you using?
Stranger2005 - do you have DNTV Live installed ? and what codecs are you using?
I'm considering purchasing a DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T Lite as a second tuner card for MP. I've read a lot of stuff in the forums...
Replies
Views
I found the problem. I'm not a programmer but I tried to find it anyways. I found this section under GUITVGuide.cs and changed from this void OnKeyCode(char chKey) { if (chKey >= '0' && chKey <= '9') //Make sure it's only for the remote { TimeSpan ts = DateTime.Now - m_timeKeyPressed; if...
I found the problem. I'm not a programmer but I tried to find it anyways. I found this section under GUITVGuide.cs and changed...
Hello folks, It's been awhile since I've posted and I am really enjoying MediaPortal. I can't wait to see what the final version...
Replies
Views
It's definitely got BDA drivers although they're not specifically listed on the site. They came with the cd though and are installed. I'll get right on it and submit all that stuff. Thanks, Ed
It's definitely got BDA drivers although they're not specifically listed on the site. They came with the cd though and are...
I've just installed my new Twinham Ter D+A DVB-T card in my PC to replace my old pathetic, hauppauge one from last century. Anyway...
Replies
Views
You're on the right track......you need to use the composite input on your TV card which is connected to your digital box. Use the search feature and you should be able to find info on getting MP setup to change the channel on your digital box using IR Blaster.
You're on the right track......you need to use the composite input on your TV card which is connected to your digital box. Use...
Hi all, I'm new to Media Portal. I'm looking for any information on how to use this app with a digital cable box and a...
Replies
Views
Ok I kind of figured something out. I added the playlist folder to the Movies Folders, and also added the .m3u extension to the Movies extensions an now i can click on a playlist and it loads the files listed into the current playlist and starts playing which is almost exactly what I want. No all I need to figure out is how to set...
Ok I kind of figured something out. I added the playlist folder to the Movies Folders, and also added the .m3u extension to the...
Hi all, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I cant figure it out. I have set my video playlists folder, and created a...
Replies
Views
Not home right now, but i try to do my best to futher explain the problem and upload a screenshot as soon as i get home. basicly instead of displayed the entire 4:3 picture it "inserts" balck parts on the two sides and there it cuts the tv-station logo and subtitles, that the way it's notiable other no one would think twice about...
Not home right now, but i try to do my best to futher explain the problem and upload a screenshot as soon as i get home. basicly...
Hi! i have a problem with my wintv PVR-150 Hauppauge card and MP most of the times you start MyTV you get a cut in the picture...
Replies
Views
M
MP1 MP2 MCE 2005 oem remote (1 Viewer) DE
The remote works for me in XP Home now. See recent post in an other MCE Remote thread. /hellmelt
The remote works for me in XP Home now. See recent post in an other MCE Remote thread. /hellmelt
I just got one of the US versions of the MCE 2005 philips remote. It gets detected as eHome infrared transceiver, but cannot find...
Replies
Views
Hi, please fill out the support template. Especially the used video codec and renderer would be interesting. And, is the full screen black with the small window or do you see the MP GUI around the small window? What does DVD playback do? Tried hitting "s" in fullscreen mode to cycle through the different AR modes? Flip.
Hi, please fill out the support template. Especially the used video codec and renderer would be interesting. And, is the full...
I have searched for an answer but cannot find one. I have my vob files playing in MP fine, but when I goto fullscreen the video...
Replies
Views
Im very glad to hear that then, its good news for all involved. I am using the latest drivers and the card does work (all features) just not consistantly or really anything even resembling consistantly. Perhaps most of this can be attributed to bugs, should this all get cleared up by the time we see the stability release this will no...
Im very glad to hear that then, its good news for all involved. I am using the latest drivers and the card does work (all features)...
I have a V-Stream Xpert DTV, which I understand is supported by Media Portal, but I have no idea how to use it. It doesn't seem to...
Replies
Views
Well I have a working solution, I just wanted to try some more options. I had this mainboard lying around so I thought I might just try it. Im about to build a more modern system and will stick with more highend stuff then. This solution cost me about 100$ to get up going and it works perfectly well considering that price. The only...
Well I have a working solution, I just wanted to try some more options. I had this mainboard lying around so I thought I might just...
Hello, I'm curious, is there any way to completly remove the miniview which is shown in the menus after you exit the...
Replies
Views
ok, now I understand more of what you are trying to do. So it's not scheduled recordings you are talking but recording what is curently on. Scheduled recordings will not work with the way you are currently setup.
ok, now I understand more of what you are trying to do. So it's not scheduled recordings you are talking but recording what is...
Please correct me if my thinking is flawed. I have a satellite receiver and a pvr-250. I have connected the satellite receiver to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 iTunes support? DE
Hi there, Firstly...apologies if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find anything definitive. Does Media Portal support iTunes, e.g. if I use iTunes, rather than Windows Media Player, can I access my music through Media Portal? I saw talk of an iTunes plug-in, but couldn't find actual detail about what it does...
Hi there, Firstly...apologies if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find anything definitive. Does Media Portal...
Hi there, Firstly...apologies if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find anything definitive. Does Media Portal...
Replies
Views
hi i recognized that the cpu usage goes also near 100% wenn i play music with the wmp and a vizualization. if i turn vizualizaiton of evertything works fine! so it has to do with my graphiks card but i dont know what to do :/ please help me.. i dont watch movies or tv or anything only starting media portal and scrolling...
hi i recognized that the cpu usage goes also near 100% wenn i play music with the wmp and a vizualization. if i turn...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 1.3.0 Skin: blue to Windows Version: win xp sp2 rc2 CPU Type: amd athlon xp3000+...
Replies
Views
Hi! Frankteb has written a tutorial in the german forum: http://mp-forum.de/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1234 HTH, Maschine
Hi! Frankteb has written a tutorial in the german forum: http://mp-forum.de/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1234...
Hello, I have the SkyStar 2 and I would watch TV with that card and the media portal software. But with my settings I can't see...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.1.3.0 MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322 Audio Codec: InterVideo NonCSS Audio Decoder for Hauppauge Video Codec: InterVideo NonCSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge CPU Type: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1600+ Memory: 511 MB Motherboard...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.1.3.0 MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.1.3.0 MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR...
Replies
Views
Hi Martin Had the misfortune to be off sick for a couple of months and spent a lot of time between lifeview dvb-t duo and media portal unfortunately the remote control is decoded by the card driver and have had no luck with the likes of girder. personally from what ive seen and heard the £23 that the mce remotes are going for are...
Hi Martin Had the misfortune to be off sick for a couple of months and spent a lot of time between lifeview dvb-t duo and media...
I originally posted this question in General Support. The wrong forum :oops: Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.2_RC1...
Replies
Views
also you need to forward those ports in your router to your computer IP address hosting MPW otherwise it will still not work. AS
also you need to forward those ports in your router to your computer IP address hosting MPW otherwise it will still not work. AS
Hi, I'm looking to use the online mpw wake up by Maschine. I've read the doco and it says that it is possible to use the online...
Replies
Views
I am trying to connect SKY (Satellite) through the composite port on my Hauppauge HVR 1100 card, I have selected to add RGB to the channel list but nothing, normally I would select from composite 2 on other TV programs. What could I be doing wrong.. Cheers
I am trying to connect SKY (Satellite) through the composite port on my Hauppauge HVR 1100 card, I have selected to add RGB to the...
I am trying to connect SKY (Satellite) through the composite port on my Hauppauge HVR 1100 card, I have selected to add RGB to the...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have experience with the TwinhanDTV Cab-CI & Alphacrypt Full 3.05 CAM on the TVHome network in the Netherlands? I think I would like a PCI card better than the FloppyDTV.
Does anyone have experience with the TwinhanDTV Cab-CI & Alphacrypt Full 3.05 CAM on the TVHome network in the Netherlands? I think...
Does anyone have experience with the TwinhanDTV Cab-CI & Alphacrypt Full 3.05 CAM on the TVHome network in the Netherlands? I think...
Replies
Views
I have manually changed to PAL in the setup for each channel. Solved the problem and now I actually have great analog quality. Just frustrating that I cant mess with the comb filter/noise filter/mpeg2 settings... regards Knut Inge
I have manually changed to PAL in the setup for each channel. Solved the problem and now I actually have great analog quality. Just...
Area: TV MP Version: 0.1.3.0 Skin: default Windows Version: XP professional SP2 CPU Type: intel Northwood 2.8 HT Memory...
Replies
Views
A
See the sticky at the top of this forum about sending us information to get your card supported. DMAN
See the sticky at the top of this forum about sending us information to get your card supported. DMAN
hi, i heve got a inno3d cinema fx5700LE card. it is an graphic card with an integrated tv-tuner. (...
Replies
Views
hi! im very new to MP 0.2 (its my first ever install after switching from meedio..MP is much better!) and also cant use playlist (both video and audio). when i add stuff it does add it but then when i go to playlist i need to shufle the playlist in order to see it (VERY annoying... :oops: ). is there any kind of a solution for...
hi! im very new to MP 0.2 (its my first ever install after switching from meedio..MP is much better!) and also cant use playlist...
I have a problem with playlist. When I add some music videos in the playlist (right click on the file then add to playlist) and...
Replies
Views
I have dual monitor setup, and allthough i have been reading there are issues with it i have it working fine. If the mediaportal window is MAXIMIZED on the 2nd monitor, everying works perfectly except the title bar is shown at the top...how do i get rid of that??? Because if i can get rid of that then i will be fine. If not, then...
I have dual monitor setup, and allthough i have been reading there are issues with it i have it working fine. If the mediaportal...
I have dual monitor setup, and allthough i have been reading there are issues with it i have it working fine. If the mediaportal...
Replies
Views
Hello- I've searched through the forum and wiki looking for an answer to this question, but I cant seem to find it. Is there a way to change left-click behavior in My Videos so that it brings up the IMDB page instead of playing the video? I'd like to try setting up a touch screen and would like to view the info page before...
Hello- I've searched through the forum and wiki looking for an answer to this question, but I cant seem to find it. Is there...
Hello- I've searched through the forum and wiki looking for an answer to this question, but I cant seem to find it. Is there...
Replies
Views
Hi, nothing to bind. Just hit RIGHT twice. :) The LEFT and RIGHT buttons have incremental skipping. 15, 30 seconds. 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes etc. Just hit them more than once. HTH, Flip.
Hi, nothing to bind. Just hit RIGHT twice. :) The LEFT and RIGHT buttons have incremental skipping. 15, 30 seconds. 1, 3, 5...
I've searched a couple of times looking for people who have the hauppauge 45 button remote that have edited the keys to different...
Replies
Views
I've just installed a hauppauge nova-t dvb-t card, but not all the channels seem to get picked up. It always seems to miss men+motors, my set top box feeds off the same signal and has no problems finding all the channels. Anyone have any ideas? Has anyone found changing drivers has any effect?
I've just installed a hauppauge nova-t dvb-t card, but not all the channels seem to get picked up. It always seems to miss...
I've just installed a hauppauge nova-t dvb-t card, but not all the channels seem to get picked up. It always seems to miss...
Replies
Views
I'm using WepEPG too, and the EPG in MP is updated without intervention, most of the times. Sometimes I do need to open the menu and tell it to update, but that has happened two times in months. The source for EPG in Spain only allows three days, so if it didn't work I would see it soon. I am also running Power Scheduler, and I've...
I'm using WepEPG too, and the EPG in MP is updated without intervention, most of the times. Sometimes I do need to open the menu...
Does anyone have a good system to automatically update the EPG when shutting the HTPC down between each recording with Freds...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 FireDTV == EyeTV ? DE
I asked Digital Everywhere (makers of FireDTV) about this and they said that the hardware is indeed the same, but the firmware is different. The EyeTV will not show up as FireDTV on Media Portal.
I asked Digital Everywhere (makers of FireDTV) about this and they said that the hardware is indeed the same, but the firmware is...
I heard FireDTV and EyeTV is the same box, one for Wintel, the other for Mac. Is this correct? (They sure look the same.) If I...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 1.1.3.0 Skin: the skin you use Windows Version: XP service pack 2 CPU Type: Pentium 4 3.2 GHz Memory: 512MB Motherboard Chipset: Dell Video Card: ATI Radeon 9800 pro Video Card Driver: driver version you used for testing Video Card Resolution: your desktop resolution Video Render...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 1.1.3.0 Skin: the skin you use Windows Version: XP service pack 2 CPU Type: Pentium 4...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 1.1.3.0 Skin: the skin you use Windows Version: XP service pack 2 CPU Type: Pentium 4...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom