General Support (68 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
  • Poll
Hello, I did the proposed change - I changed the computer name and network name and it helped. thank you!!! Alex PS: I didn't check if network error still occurs
Hello, I did the proposed change - I changed the computer name and network name and it helped. thank you!!! Alex PS: I didn't...
Hello, I am using MediaPortal Server 1.12.0.0 on Window 7 Ultimate 32 bits. I plan to use the DVB-IP for IPTV. I installed all...
Replies
Views
...hmmm... Checked MPEG-2 playback and Hauppauge WinTV was chosen (I used to have a Hauppauge card in this PC, but it has been removed). When I changed to LAV and restarted MP, playback works. It is slow to come on, but it started! No need to process this further. Thanks for having a support forum and I hope the fix helps someone...
...hmmm... Checked MPEG-2 playback and Hauppauge WinTV was chosen (I used to have a Hauppauge card in this PC, but it has been...
Installed MediaPortal 1.4 on HTPC (server & client). Installed MP 1.4 on another computer (client only). The configuration was...
Replies
Views
Hi, On my new Mediaportal 1.1 beta with latest svn installed I have a problem. When the server has been in standby mode the clients can't anylonger stream tv - I get an "Unable to play: stream3.0" error on the clients. On the server I can still watch tv. Could someone please help me :-) I have included logs. Best...
Hi, On my new Mediaportal 1.1 beta with latest svn installed I have a problem. When the server has been in standby mode the...
Hi, On my new Mediaportal 1.1 beta with latest svn installed I have a problem. When the server has been in standby mode the...
Replies
Views
Well my XONAR did not die after all I just did not plug the power input properly. Still I got myself that Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR and it appears to work well with BASS. Sounds quality is awesome, looking forward to try it some more :)Note to self: next time a component is failing open your PC case before splashing out 200...
Well my XONAR did not die after all I just did not plug the power input properly. Still I got myself that Creative Labs Sound...
I'm getting that "unable to play" while trying to play music since I setup MediaPortal to launch on Windows start. Movies can play...
Replies
Views
See: How to gather log files - MediaPortal Manual Documentation for instructions.
See: How to gather log files - MediaPortal Manual Documentation for instructions.
Operator error. Nevermind. :ooops:
Replies
Views
Reinstalled ...as it happens to 1.22 Final which appeared today
Reinstalled ...as it happens to 1.22 Final which appeared today
Live TV OK....but unable to play videos. Have just updated NVidia drivers.....don't know if this is connected to the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi Badger_fruit, I seem to be expereincing a similar issues probably with a later version I get unable to play 2.0 stream. I thought about the IP address because it is set to DHCP but could not find a settings in MP to change/check IP address. How did you do it?? I can only see a Host name for the HTPC no IP reference. I...
Hi Badger_fruit, I seem to be expereincing a similar issues probably with a later version I get unable to play 2.0 stream. I...
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2 MediaPortal Skin: Default Windows Version: XP CPU Type: P4 HDD: 40GB Memory: 1GB Motherboard: Not...
Replies
Views
The unable to play stream is a very generic message that can have any of a million different reasons. So benoit77, it would be best to log a Support thread along with your info (System specs) and some logs as per link in my footer. It is impossible to help without the needed info.
The unable to play stream is a very generic message that can have any of a million different reasons. So benoit77, it would be best...
Hello, I have a standalone installation of mediaportal on my livingroom computer and a client only installation on an Acer Revo...
Replies
Views
A smidgen of log file 7/28/2006 10:50:11 PM WindowManager:unroute to MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogMenu:2012->WindowPlugins.GUISettings.TV.GUISettingsMovies:703 7/28/2006 10:50:13 PM Windowmanager:goto previous window 7/28/2006 10:50:13 PM window:WindowPlugins.GUISettings.TV.GUISettingsMovies deinit 7/28/2006 10:50:13 PM...
A smidgen of log file 7/28/2006 10:50:11 PM WindowManager:unroute to...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 (2006-07-03) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows MCE 2005...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the confusion, I needed to re-discover from where I grabbed the 1.2.2.9 drivers. This thread: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4894&highlight=tpl Led me to this download: http://www.digitalrise.biz/support/downloads/index.php?action=file&id=119 Which are the Twinhan 1.2.2.9...
Sorry for the confusion, I needed to re-discover from where I grabbed the 1.2.2.9 drivers. This thread...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.2.0 RC1 with mediaportal-cvs-09-10-2005--08-41 Skin: MCE Windows Version: XP SP2 CPU...
Replies
Views
Thanks a lot Commodore 64 !! I will try and add my card to the list, if ever I have Bda drivers (fingers crossed). Won't be able to do so until dec 1st, since I'm on holiday at the moment. thanks again for the link mate!
Thanks a lot Commodore 64 !! I will try and add my card to the list, if ever I have Bda drivers (fingers crossed). Won't be able...
I got this message when I try to add my tv card in mediaPortal. It's an Avermedia PCMCIA. Does it mean I'm f***d and that I will...
Replies
Views
I tried to update latest beta drivers without any luck. I tried to use tv-server, it tunes and runs fine, but client says something like "no mpeg video available". I re-installed clean mediaportal 0.2.3.0 RC2, and tried to retune. I guess I'll have to buy dvbviewer then.. :(
I tried to update latest beta drivers without any luck. I tried to use tv-server, it tunes and runs fine, but client says something...
Hi! I can't get mediaportal to work with two tv-cards. As soon as I enable secondary card from configurator, the application...
Replies
Views
Hi please post full debug log from tvservrr and client side :) (use watchdog tools) From Tapatalk
Hi please post full debug log from tvservrr and client side :) (use watchdog tools) From Tapatalk
I switched from DVBS to IPTV (German Telekom) and managed to find all the Channels in the TV-Server Setup. But when trying to...
Replies
Views
Yeah I've always used IP addresses, it's just that it kept converting it back. Anyway, I finally figured out how to remove old entries from my router so I could re-use the 192.168.1.99 IP address and, so far, it seems like everything is working now. :D Channel changes seem about the same as they were when I was using a combined...
Yeah I've always used IP addresses, it's just that it kept converting it back. Anyway, I finally figured out how to remove old...
I'm trying to install MediaPortal 1.3.0 on my server, which is running Windows Server 2012. I've installed my BlackGold BGT3600...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 "Tune Previous Channel?" overlay bug (1 Viewer) DE
I have same problem. Think same bug is raised here... https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-rc1-svn-builds-270/mediaportal-crash-if-i-select-scrambled-tv-channel-i-dont-have-access-39410/
I have same problem. Think same bug is raised here...
There are a few channels that seem to be problematic when trying to tune with TVsever in MediaPortal, so sometimes I'll get a pop...
Replies
Views
Nope that didnt solve my problem at all setting it to realtime did nothing .. still got thoose No payload crap f... things i dont get it.. ( i miss my analog tv-tuner it always worked lol ) i have another thread going on with logs included in the IPTV finaly working solutions .. but havnt got an answer yet .
Nope that didnt solve my problem at all setting it to realtime did nothing .. still got thoose No payload crap f... things i dont...
TV-Server Version: 1.0.0.21149 MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.21149 MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Windows Version: XP Pro SP3 CPU Type...
Replies
Views
Hi Everybody ive just installed MP on my HP laptop with vista premium 32 bit on it but everytime i want to switch to another feature, the warning comes and after 3-5 minutes it works again. this is very annoying. Why does that warning come, and how do i make it work much more smooth? thansk alot
Hi Everybody ive just installed MP on my HP laptop with vista premium 32 bit on it but everytime i want to switch to another...
Hi Everybody ive just installed MP on my HP laptop with vista premium 32 bit on it but everytime i want to switch to another...
Replies
Views
I regularly get a "stopped working" Windows error when MP 1.30 is starting up on my Windows 7 system. The application continues to start up fine (it hides the error box as it is configure to run Always on Top. The detail of the error when I expand the Windows error window is below. Does anyone know what might be causing this...
I regularly get a "stopped working" Windows error when MP 1.30 is starting up on my Windows 7 system. The application continues to...
I regularly get a "stopped working" Windows error when MP 1.30 is starting up on my Windows 7 system. The application continues to...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program / Media Portal Skin MP Version: 0.2.0 and 0.2.1 . Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows Media Center CPU Type: Intel P4-M 2.4 GHz Memory: 1 gig Video Card: ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.6378 Video Card Resolution: 800x600 Synopsis: In every screen in MediaPortal I see what...
Area: Media Portal Program / Media Portal Skin MP Version: 0.2.0 and 0.2.1 . Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows Media Center...
Area: Media Portal Program / Media Portal Skin MP Version: 0.2.0 and 0.2.1 . Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows Media Center...
Replies
Views
Some ordinary receivers require only one smartcard but have multiple tuners....
Some ordinary receivers require only one smartcard but have multiple tuners....
does MP support any standalone CI unit without having a TV card along with it ? ie i already have CAM and subscription card. i...
Replies
Views
Well the included subs were not corrupted so to say, but all "ä" and "ö" characters were missing in the sub files when extracted from the mkv. On one MP client (Vista), the missing characters were visible as squares when watching the movie, so there was an indication to them having been being there, but when the same mkv files was...
Well the included subs were not corrupted so to say, but all "ä" and "ö" characters were missing in the sub files when extracted...
Hello, I have been a silent and happy MP user with 1.0.1 running fine here. I am using the CCCP codec pack, which includes...
Replies
Views
If you dont actually want the PVR side of things you should be ok for cpu requirements as we've seen a few people using a LOT less. The cpu requirement is mainly there for PVR functionality, but still the main thing that those people with slower boxes did have was DX9 (lesser extent DX8.1) video cards.
If you dont actually want the PVR side of things you should be ok for cpu requirements as we've seen a few people using a LOT less...
Since upgrading to 0.1.3.0 (I am now running beta of 0.2.0.0) I have noticed that Overlay is no longer working properly under "My...
Replies
Views
Thanks! After copying and pasting, MediaPortal 1.8 is working fine again. Thanks again for your quick response and keep up the team's excellent work. Benoit
Thanks! After copying and pasting, MediaPortal 1.8 is working fine again. Thanks again for your quick response and keep up the...
Hi, Last night, when launching MediaPortal 1.8, which was working fine previously, my computer crashed. Upon rebooting, every time...
Replies
Views
I also get the error (3 of them) - even after installing 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package' But it only happens the first time i connect to the server after the server has been (re-)startet! /MadDuke
I also get the error (3 of them) - even after installing 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package' But it only...
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0 MediaPortal Skin: B2 Windows Version: XPP SP2 CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3500+ HDD: Samsung 300 GB...
Replies
Views
As I read your log, MP continues to record until 14:46:00 which is when your post rec (1 min) ends. Or am I wrong on this? If my inference is correct, I don't see any problem with this unless the next recording fails to start at 14:46:00 (which can't be seen from the log). By "gap" I meant that you miss some of the TV stream between...
As I read your log, MP continues to record until 14:46:00 which is when your post rec (1 min) ends. Or am I wrong on this? If my...
I have noticed that every time I record two consecutive TV programmes (i.e., no time gap in between), I lose a few seconds after...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a constant problem with repeating recordings, lets say "Every Tuesday at 19:00 for one hour". Here is my setup: MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2/SVN of 11.02.2007 MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two Windows Version: XPSP2 CPU Type: Athlon 2500XP HDD: WD320GB Memory: 521MB CORSAIR TWINX Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X...
Hi all, I have a constant problem with repeating recordings, lets say "Every Tuesday at 19:00 for one hour". Here is my...
Hi all, I have a constant problem with repeating recordings, lets say "Every Tuesday at 19:00 for one hour". Here is my...
Replies
Views
I messed up last night. Started "Record Now" to record a program I had forgotten to put on my recordings list, and forgot that I had done so. Watched several other programs that were recorded, then went to bed. Today when I went to "Recorded Programs" MediaPortal locked up and I had to ctrl-alt-delete to kill it and after rebooting...
I messed up last night. Started "Record Now" to record a program I had forgotten to put on my recordings list, and forgot that I...
I messed up last night. Started "Record Now" to record a program I had forgotten to put on my recordings list, and forgot that I...
Replies
Views
I forgot to mention that. I definately stop the playing items of course (then try to exit).
I forgot to mention that. I definately stop the playing items of course (then try to exit).
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC2 MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide Windows Version: XP SP3 CPU Type: Athlon 64 X2 3 Ghz HDD: WD 1 TB...
Replies
Views
And what should I put on "control panel\power settings" to change the effect of "Power PC" button (now it doesn't do anything)?
And what should I put on "control panel\power settings" to change the effect of "Power PC" button (now it doesn't do anything)?
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0 RC4 MediaPortal Skin: Default Windows Version: Windows XP SP3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-945PL-S3...
Replies
Views
It's a bit outside the scope of MediaPortal to do what you're asking. What you really need is a third application that controls everything, something like Girder, HIP or EventGhost. Either that or a plugin for MediaPortal that will let you task swap. Are you using an IR remote control? Cheers,
It's a bit outside the scope of MediaPortal to do what you're asking. What you really need is a third application that controls...
Hello Mediaportalfriends, On my Computer who works Mediaportal i have start two other Programms. My Weatherstationprogramm...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom