General Support (187 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
I have the same problem. Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.2.0.0 rc1 Skin: project x Windows Version: windows xp home + sp2 CPU Type: intel celeron d320 Memory: 512mb ddrram pc400 Motherboard Chipset: msi pt880 fisr Video Card: msi 128mb fx5200le Video Card Driver: 77.77 Video Card Resolution: 800x600...
I have the same problem. Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.2.0.0 rc1 Skin: project x Windows Version: windows xp...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.1.3.0 Skin: Blue Two Windows Version: XP US SP2 CPU Type: AMD 64 3200 Memory: 2x256...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the reply. That has fixed things. As this was what the software had chosen from the available options for my card I thought it was probably the correct thing to have. Apologies for my ignorance. Cheers Tony
Thanks for the reply. That has fixed things. As this was what the software had chosen from the available options for my card I...
Area: Media Portal My TV MP Version: 0.1.3.0 Skin: Windows Version: Windows XP SP2 CPU Type: Intel Pentium IV 3 Ghz Memory: 1...
Replies
Views
Thanks Callifo. Those cards are $157 to $174 on ebay now so you got a bargain. Now I know what to look for. Ta.
Thanks Callifo. Those cards are $157 to $174 on ebay now so you got a bargain. Now I know what to look for. Ta.
Hi all. I've searched all the posts and can't see what to do. Set-up MP version 1.3.0 Two TV cards : Analog : Winfast TV2000...
Replies
Views
Seems it might be a limitation of your chipset. :cry: DMAN
Seems it might be a limitation of your chipset. :cry: DMAN
Hi All, I've built a vga->SCART cable which also has the audio pins connected to the line-out of my HTPC. I wonder whether it is...
Replies
Views
I notice that the same problem occur when I first insert a CD, select yes on the autoplay question, stop the playing, eject the CD, insert it again. Now, no autoplay question comes up. If I check the task manager, MP is using about 10% of the CPU. Nothing happens for a while, but after a while (a few seconds, a minute), MP crashes...
I notice that the same problem occur when I first insert a CD, select yes on the autoplay question, stop the playing, eject the CD...
I am running MP 0.1.3 and have autoplay for both DVDs and CDs selected. I have run into two ways of crashing MP when playing CDs...
Replies
Views
Hi, 1) - The automatic scan of the wizard does not work well - Add the shares of your movies manually: Setup->Movies->Shares - You do not have to add each movie / directpry, just add the root directory - Do the IMDB lookup there Setup->Movies->Database or within MP by hitting F3 on the movie / folder (with the VOBs) Flip
Hi, 1) - The automatic scan of the wizard does not work well - Add the shares of your movies manually: Setup->Movies->Shares...
Hi - first post so be gentle Just transferred from MCE to MEdia Portal as I am on the understanding taht MP will allow me to use...
Replies
Views
I think the issue might be the same as described here: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8911&highlight= I notice that this problem is described as solved in Mantis( http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/mantis/view.php?id=561 ). Im wondering if perhaps the only reason its...
I think the issue might be the same as described here...
Area: Media Portal, My TV MP Version: CVS 22.oct. 19:22 and at least since 1.3 Skin: MCE Windows Version: Windows XP SP2 CPU...
Replies
Views
Hi, yes. You can make a copy of your current working directory e.g /Team Media Portal/Media Portal_CVS/ and then apply the CVS on the copy and play with it (do not forget to run start.bat and setup!). That leaves your current installation untouched. If you want to install 0.2RC1(+CVS): - make a copy of your current directory...
Hi, yes. You can make a copy of your current working directory e.g /Team Media Portal/Media Portal_CVS/ and then apply the CVS...
Is it possible to keep my working 0.1.3 install untouched, while installing the lastes CVS or whatever to check if it is working...
Replies
Views
Its the newer 90002 nova-t with latest drivers. I've just installed 1.3 instead and its working fine now with vmr9 enabled :) . I still haven't worked out how to grab epg from the air (not without going down the dvb --> xmltv route) so I'm going to use xmltv instead.
Its the newer 90002 nova-t with latest drivers. I've just installed 1.3 instead and its working fine now with vmr9 enabled :) . I...
Hi guys, I'm making the switch over from mythtv cause media portal just looks so bloody good :lol:. I'm trying to get off the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a problem in MyTV with VMR9 when using my software card Cinergy 400. The problem is that im outputting interlaced via a VGA->SCART cable, and it seems that VMR9 has problems with this. My only solution so far is using the intervideo codec(solved it on my PVR-150MCE) but the Cinergy 400 doesnt output MPEG-2 so that codec...
Hi, I have a problem in MyTV with VMR9 when using my software card Cinergy 400. The problem is that im outputting interlaced via...
Hi, I have a problem in MyTV with VMR9 when using my software card Cinergy 400. The problem is that im outputting interlaced via...
Replies
Views
No Technotrend/Hauppauge have yet to release BDA drivers for the older Nova-T USB device. You could try this modified set here... http://www.kiwi07.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Cards/bda_drv_pack.zip DMAN
No Technotrend/Hauppauge have yet to release BDA drivers for the older Nova-T USB device. You could try this modified set...
Hello new to MP, Having installed MP 0.3.1.0 I find I can't add my Nova-T USB TV-Card under settings. I have tried the...
Replies
Views
Will the new release fix the Auottune function for the Twinhan DVB-C card? /bigal
Will the new release fix the Auottune function for the Twinhan DVB-C card? /bigal
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HD video playback DE
what do mean by HD video file ? .dvr-ms ? .ts ? .tp ? .mpg ? .avi ?
what do mean by HD video file ? .dvr-ms ? .ts ? .tp ? .mpg ? .avi ?
Just a quick question i have a hd video and it plays in PowerDVD 6 , but not in WMP 10 or in MP, the question is how come when i...
Replies
Views
Just curious how many people have got this problem, going into fullscreen when listening to say music or radio, and not being able to come out of fullscreen until like the sound changes or you say press F2 to get the configuration screen up then you can get out of it. Just wondering if its a software or hardware related problem. here...
Just curious how many people have got this problem, going into fullscreen when listening to say music or radio, and not being able...
Just curious how many people have got this problem, going into fullscreen when listening to say music or radio, and not being able...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 FloppyDTV set up DE
Could anybody do a idiot proof set up of FireDVB-C for media portal. I need to set up Media portal from the beginning. I do not know were to start and I am not a super computer guy! I have succeded to set up my theater and get all channels to work so my card is working but I do not jnow how to set up Media portal to work with...
Could anybody do a idiot proof set up of FireDVB-C for media portal. I need to set up Media portal from the beginning. I do not...
Could anybody do a idiot proof set up of FireDVB-C for media portal. I need to set up Media portal from the beginning. I do not...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 No Colour DE
Scart comes in both S-Video and composite forms. Older TVs can't support s-video scart. Some newer TVs (like my toshiba 32" widescreen) have some composite scarts and some s-video scarts. If your TV has more than one scart, try it in a different one.
Scart comes in both S-Video and composite forms. Older TVs can't support s-video scart. Some newer TVs (like my toshiba 32"...
plugged my media centre into the tv today Have an ATI 700 series grahics card. I have this connected to the tv by s-video...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post :) I have one of the Igorplug homemade serial IR recievers and a HP MCE remote without the USB reciever. I use it with girder. It seems to work with most of the buttons, but some of them (annoyingly the up and down buttons and others) show up as the same code, so it won't work. Is there any way to get...
Hi guys, first post :) I have one of the Igorplug homemade serial IR recievers and a HP MCE remote without the USB reciever. I...
Hi guys, first post :) I have one of the Igorplug homemade serial IR recievers and a HP MCE remote without the USB reciever. I...
Replies
Views
Hello today is 23/10, where is the new version, I hoped the new version will solve all my problems.. :wink:
Hello today is 23/10, where is the new version, I hoped the new version will solve all my problems.. :wink:
Hello I using last version 0.2.0 Release candidate 1 When trying to set pin code on channel group, it dose not show the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 PCI TV Tuner Cards DE
Hi chayan, and welcome to MediaPortal.... DVB cards are for receiving digital TV and are available as PCI cards (plug into a slot in your PC motherboard) and as USB external devices. It sounds like what you are looking for is an analogue TV card (since you probably don't have digital TV in India), which are also available as PCI...
Hi chayan, and welcome to MediaPortal.... DVB cards are for receiving digital TV and are available as PCI cards (plug into a slot...
Hi I am new to media portal and was viewing the list of supported cards. Most of them are DVB cards (like Compro VideoMate DVB-T...
Replies
Views
Has anyone tried to mount and play an .iso with 2.0 RC1? Most of the time MediaPortal freezes and I check my task manager and the CPU usage is at 100%. Also does anybody use the Party Shuffle feature? I was thinking it was going to be great but it repeats the same songs over and over. Is there any plugin maybe to use winamp as a...
Has anyone tried to mount and play an .iso with 2.0 RC1? Most of the time MediaPortal freezes and I check my task manager and the...
Has anyone tried to mount and play an .iso with 2.0 RC1? Most of the time MediaPortal freezes and I check my task manager and the...
Replies
Views
OK, so what changed a few days ago that your monitor won't sync to the horizontal scan frequency reliably? Has your monitor become faulty - have you tried another monitor?
OK, so what changed a few days ago that your monitor won't sync to the horizontal scan frequency reliably? Has your monitor...
Area: My TV MP Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 Skin: Blue 2 Windows Version: Windows XP SP2 (+all updates) CPU Type: AMD 3200+...
Replies
Views
Hi, Not yet, but it's on the feature-list for the upcoming 0.2.0.0 final release. See the homepage for the full feature-list for the upcoming release. Kind regards, Michel
Hi, Not yet, but it's on the feature-list for the upcoming 0.2.0.0 final release. See the homepage for the full feature-list for...
Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I'm just setting up my HTPC, and I can't figure it out... Is there currently any way...
Replies
Views
I dont think its an isolated problem, as I have 2 identical cards which are extremely flakey in 0130. Anything newer does not fix the problem so I think for now its out of your hands.
I dont think its an isolated problem, as I have 2 identical cards which are extremely flakey in 0130. Anything newer does not fix...
Whenever I add a second BDA card to my system, one of the channels that is assigned to it will lockup. IE: a black screen with no...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 NewBie, Hi all. DE
Thanks all, Got MP compiled, that was easer than I thought.. :) Now for a bit of source reading, that'll keep me out of misscheaf for a while. btw, used this link http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/howto:compile_mp#using_nant very helpfull, gone the Nant route.
Thanks all, Got MP compiled, that was easer than I thought.. :) Now for a bit of source reading, that'll keep me out of...
Hi There, I'm a new user of this amazing Open Source Project. I was using MCE, but it was starting to get a little bit on my...
Replies
Views
Z
Hi, High CPU load while TS is off is a known bug in 0.2.0.0 RC1 and already in Mantis. It however doesn't result in dropouts on my config, just high (100%) CPU load. If you want to get rid of this then your best option is installing 0.1.3.0 release and wait for 0.2.0.0 to become more stable. Kind regards, Michel
Hi, High CPU load while TS is off is a known bug in 0.2.0.0 RC1 and already in Mantis. It however doesn't result in dropouts...
I've just purchased and installed a Hauppage PVR 150 MCE and am using the latest MCE drivers from Hauppage. When i activate...
Replies
Views
I've seen several mentions here in the forum that the MSI TV Anywhere Master TV tuner will work with Media Portal. I have one of these cards and I'm having no luck getting it to work at all for TV or Radio. :( I know that software cards are not recommended, but I just need to get it working well enough to convince the wife that...
I've seen several mentions here in the forum that the MSI TV Anywhere Master TV tuner will work with Media Portal. I have one of...
I've seen several mentions here in the forum that the MSI TV Anywhere Master TV tuner will work with Media Portal. I have one of...
Replies
Views
You'll have to do the GraphEdit thing or email me the drivers... dman_LFC@hotmail.com DMAN
You'll have to do the GraphEdit thing or email me the drivers... dman_LFC@hotmail.com DMAN
I bought this card around 4 months ago after looking around the net for awhile. I hadnt ever messed around with any PVR software...
Replies
Views
Unlikely although I could not find an english web page on the product it looks like a software encoding device which is generally not what we support. DMAN
Unlikely although I could not find an english web page on the product it looks like a software encoding device which is generally...
I have a Pinnacle PCTV USB-XE (USB 2.0) but the application wont recognize it as a TV-Tuner. So my questions are, is it not...
Replies
Views
If you... 1. Use the support template and fill it in (See the sticky) 2. Outline what you have tried then 3. Someone will be in a better position to help you DMAN
If you... 1. Use the support template and fill it in (See the sticky) 2. Outline what you have tried then 3. Someone...
Hi! Have tried with several MP versions, settings & drivers for Twinhan DVB-T PCI card. Even tried to change graphic card. Now...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP on a MCE 2005 (1 Viewer) DE
Hi, General->Support would have been the right forum. I answered (and did not move the topic to badly placed) because Callifo already answered. Would not have been fair. Flip.
Hi, General->Support would have been the right forum. I answered (and did not move the topic to badly placed) because Callifo...
Hi.... I will very much like to install the MP on my XP MCE But will it be possible to use my MCE remote/keyboard, to the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom