HTPC Projects (12 Viewers)

In the process of building your own HTPC or did you complete one? Show them to other MediaPortal users!
Hi, This is a great list, but I've got one small thing to add. When I got serious about setting up an HTPC, one of the biggest problems I had was input peripherals. An old-school USB keyboard had obvious limitations - being tethered to the machine and rather ugly when not in use. Plus I still needed a pointing device. So I...
Hi, This is a great list, but I've got one small thing to add. When I got serious about setting up an HTPC, one of the...
HomeTheatreSolutions in wiki What is the biggest problem for someone, who is building his first HomeTheatre Solution? "Bloody...
Replies
Views
Hallo Patrik-See, Windows can handle different resulutions on the Screens, Of course the Setup is in "extended Mode" so the small Touchscreen is the Main screen and the TV is the extended Screen. Typically I use the the HTPC to listen to Music or Radio, therefore i use the "old" Winamp. The winamp can be easily started and...
Hallo Patrik-See, Windows can handle different resulutions on the Screens, Of course the Setup is in "extended Mode" so the small...
Hello folks, I just want to show you my HTPC upgrade. During the last weeks I've had some spare time and decided to update to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Completed Delete recordings fail. (1 Viewer) DE
When I try to delete a recorded file, the client says that it is not possible to do that. The the file is still in the list but it´s not possible to access it again. If I try to delete it a second time, nothing hapens. How come? This occured when updating to the latest version. I use a stand alone server with two DVBSky tv card and...
When I try to delete a recorded file, the client says that it is not possible to do that. The the file is still in the list but...
When I try to delete a recorded file, the client says that it is not possible to do that. The the file is still in the list but...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Completed My HTPC DE
Thank you so much for your beautiful words. I bought the heat pipes here ; heat pipes, heat sinks, radiators, aluminum extrusion, heat sink extrusion Other copper and all safety materials,I bought it from the raw material stores.they do not have a link. I do not know how to use drawing programs.So The cnc cut-off workshop was drawn...
Thank you so much for your beautiful words. I bought the heat pipes here ; heat pipes, heat sinks, radiators, aluminum extrusion...
I am from Turkey in İstanbul city.This is my first project Thank you for looking.
Replies
Views
The power supply is connected to the power button pins on my motherboard so when ignition on it boots and vice versa, configured Windows power options to enter hibernation when power button is pressed. 30 seconds after ignition is off the power supply cuts all power to save car battery (in addition to this my car enters some kind of...
The power supply is connected to the power button pins on my motherboard so when ignition on it boots and vice versa, configured...
Hi all I've been struggeling for a while to get a carPC for backseat entertainment running Kodi on a Raspberry. Never got to that...
Replies
Views
They are glued to the board with double sided adhesive tape. Tape that is used to mount mirrors or similar with foam rubber between the two adhesive sides. No vibrations will make it to the board and the tape really is strong enough.
They are glued to the board with double sided adhesive tape. Tape that is used to mount mirrors or similar with foam rubber between...
Hi. I like to show you my HTPC project build in a drawer. As I wanted the HTPC to be as invisible as possible I build it into a...
Replies
Views
No idea if you're still around, but I'd love to know if you've had any issues with a VM doing the TV tuning? I tried a Win7 and Win10 VM with my TV tuner passed through via Unraid 6 and it would always drop packets when tuned to HD channels via DVB-T2. SD channels always seemed to be ok.
No idea if you're still around, but I'd love to know if you've had any issues with a VM doing the TV tuning? I tried a Win7 and...
MediaServer8 is an unRAID based storage system which, using virtualisation technology, also incorporates a MediaPortal / ArgusTV...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Completed My Aluminium case (1 Viewer) DE
If you look a the content of the ZIP file and open "Deckenplatte.fpd" (german word for "case cover plate") you will find a hint that the case cover plate must be curved as described in the document "Gehäusedeckel.pdf". This document describes how the cover must be bent. As the description in my document is in german I described the...
If you look a the content of the ZIP file and open "Deckenplatte.fpd" (german word for "case cover plate") you will find a hint...
After 8 years with my old Media Center PC – a Siemens Fujisu Activy 350 - it was time for something new. After some search in the...
Replies
Views
hey Stephane ; http://stefanjones.ca/blog/arduino-leonardo-remote-multimedia-keys/
hey Stephane ; http://stefanjones.ca/blog/arduino-leonardo-remote-multimedia-keys/
Hi! Wanted to show off my set up. It is based on SHUTTLE small form factor PC, containing Hauppauge TV tuner card. Everything is...
Replies
Views
Looks nice - tried the website but it doesn't look like it is up and running yet.
Looks nice - tried the website but it doesn't look like it is up and running yet.
hi guys Been using media portal for a while and love it. but in Aust its hard to get the right case thats not huge and awful, so i...
Replies
Views
1.7.1, Updated all packages automatically through MediaPortal Extensions Manager (MPEM)
1.7.1, Updated all packages automatically through MediaPortal Extensions Manager (MPEM)
H3.S based HTPC Intel Core i3-3225 3.3GHz/3MB/NoTurbo (BX80637I33225) ASRock H77M-ITX (s1155, Intel H77, PCI-Ex16) Team DDR3-1600...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Completed Basic Single-Seat Upgrade (1 Viewer) DE
I'll have a look. Thanks.
I'll have a look. Thanks.
I decided to finally upgrade my HTPC to allow for the impending end of WinXP updates & the use of 3D blu-rays. I had looked at...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Completed Help needed DE
haha.
haha.
How can I get a dvd player from internet. Please give me a link of DVD player that work best.
Replies
Views
Hi If anyone is interested... http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/Showroom/Beta_Scratch_Build Still a work in progress, although it is current living room client. TTFN - JCMP.
Hi If anyone is interested... http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/Showroom/Beta_Scratch_Build Still a work in progress...
Hi If anyone is interested... http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/Showroom/Beta_Scratch_Build Still a work in progress...
Replies
Views
Finally a 'clean' setup! :D Is probably how i'm going to do it too! Keep up the good work
Finally a 'clean' setup! :D Is probably how i'm going to do it too! Keep up the good work
Finally got around and purchased all the pieces i wanted and hooked it up. This is no hardcore setup, but it has a exclusive look...
Replies
Views
my dream is http://www.hfx.at/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=151&Itemid=212 T-balancer rheobus
my dream is http://www.hfx.at/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=151&Itemid=212 T-balancer rheobus
Hi Case: Silverstone Grandia GD07 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z69XP-UD4 CPU: Intel i3-2100 with Stock HSF Ram: 12 GB DDR3 GPU...
Replies
Views
Yes, you definitely could set it to do that, LCD Smartie is very programmable, bit of a steep learning curve on how to get it to work, but sort of fun! If you get stuck I can share some of my code with you then you can mess about with it. The info you need is here: http://mp.codeplex.com/ http://virtuallcd.codeplex.com/
Yes, you definitely could set it to do that, LCD Smartie is very programmable, bit of a steep learning curve on how to get it to...
This thread is for discussing lisag's lounge / bedroom set-up which you can see in the HTPC Showroom area of the MediaPortal Wiki...
Replies
Views
Possible - Ethernet over Mains? - works well in my house and it's lower cost than a wiring job if, unlike CodeMonkey, you don't have the detailed knowledge of where everything goes - or the skill to build a house in 1st place (guess what I don't have the skill to do :sneaky: - it IS subject to exactly how you house is wired, location...
Possible - Ethernet over Mains? - works well in my house and it's lower cost than a wiring job if, unlike CodeMonkey, you don't...
Hi Guys, Just a quick post to let you know that I have added my setup to the wiki "Showroom" section >>here<<
Replies
Views
I was just teasing you about the word 'ultimate' which in English means 'Representing or exhibiting the greatest possible development or sophistication." :P I am a big believer in choices. and I think it is great that every user can choose the movie plugin that suits them best. Moving Pictures and My Films are both great plugins...
I was just teasing you about the word 'ultimate' which in English means 'Representing or exhibiting the greatest possible...
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/Showroom/powermarcel10's_livingroom_(singleseat) I hope you like it! :)
Replies
Views
I did a small update.....
I did a small update.....
Been looking around and one thing I noticed we don't have here is a thread for people to show off their setups so I decided to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Completed My approach DE
Dear all, first of all great cheers to the entire MediaPortal Team for their continous effort in developing our favorite media software to cutting-edge level. After some months of trial & error and tinkering around my system now is suitable for daily use and runs stable for about one year now. Towards an all-in-one solution in terms...
Dear all, first of all great cheers to the entire MediaPortal Team for their continous effort in developing our favorite media...
Dear all, first of all great cheers to the entire MediaPortal Team for their continous effort in developing our favorite media...
Replies
Views
Amazing! Great project and very profesional.. Way more difficult to build than my mother fat case (<-------------------) :p Thanks for sharing this with us! :)
Amazing! Great project and very profesional.. Way more difficult to build than my mother fat case (<-------------------) :p...
Interesting? Wanna see inside? :D System Configuration: Intel Core i3-2120T (35W) CoolJAG DEN-7 CPU cooler Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H...
Replies
Views
Hi wiz Nice setup, easy dusting just the way I like it, cannot have the other half blocking the view to the TV when she should be in the kitchen getting the beer ;)
Hi wiz Nice setup, easy dusting just the way I like it, cannot have the other half blocking the view to the TV when she should be...
Just finished tearing down my living room and replastering, any questions please ask. i will try get some more photos of...
Replies
Views
Like I wrote, there is a lot of different theories about whether there really is any whine or not and whether it' only certain MoBos that trigger it or not... At the end of the day I'm happy with the PSU as the whine is not really noticable with case closed. It's really more a "principal" complaint about the PSU that is marketed as...
Like I wrote, there is a lot of different theories about whether there really is any whine or not and whether it' only certain...
So, I finally found some time to share a little bit about my latest build... For more background details and reasoning you can take...
Replies
Views
It's not full - currently a total of 6 TB is occupied - and with increasing number of movies > 4 GB well - it's filling up :) - plus Anime - downloading since 1999 and ever week there are about 10 episodes with approx 300 MB. Plus some online store for the family to have a backup of the local data.
It's not full - currently a total of 6 TB is occupied - and with increasing number of movies > 4 GB well - it's filling up :) -...
Also wanted to share my MP setup. The MP StandAlone itself is a Windows 7 64bit. The setup of teh HTPC is a OrigenAE S10V HTPC...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Completed My Magic Box DE
Thanks ! During august i replaced two 500go by a seagate 2to ! For the VGA card, it's the Intel's chipset which is doing the job ! (very well !) So no more warm and noise ... ;) For me it's enough for a pc which is only HTPC (no game etc...) Ok for Streamed MP, i'll try it....
Thanks ! During august i replaced two 500go by a seagate 2to ! For the VGA card, it's the Intel's chipset which is doing the job...
Hi all ! I decided to publish my photos of my "precious" lol I Bought Asus mobo and processor in december 2011,the Silverstone...
Replies
Views
Construction took about then months. Case: Bitefenix Merc Aplha visit on page Motherboard model: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P visit on page Processor model : CPU Intel Core i3-2100T-2.5GHz 1155pin 3M Box visit on page Ram memory : A-DATA DDR3 8GB 1333 (2 x 4 Gb kit) SSD Disk : 64 Gb SSD Hdd Disks : 1x 1TB + 1x 250Gb + 2x 500Gb Power Supply...
Construction took about then months. Case: Bitefenix Merc Aplha visit on page Motherboard model: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P visit on...
Construction took about then months. Case: Bitefenix Merc Aplha visit on page Motherboard model: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P visit on...
Replies
Views
WTF !!!!! Respect !!
WTF !!!!! Respect !!
Note: Since I've been building this server over the last year there is probably new hardware out that that is better then the one...
Replies
Views
As it is bit too fast/loud to my taste I would run it slower... but I have this tick when it comes to noise... Had a look on the case. The mesh in the side panels are self made? Great work!
As it is bit too fast/loud to my taste I would run it slower... but I have this tick when it comes to noise... Had a look on the...
Project Name “Silver spiders” Primary system: Case - Thermaltake DH 202 Power Supply - Thermaltake TR2 RX 550W Motherboard...
Replies
Views
Looks very good, i like the new htpc case.
Looks very good, i like the new htpc case.
A Thanks to my wife, who was so patient with me :* Had an old MediaCenter, which was in a horrible case. Goal in that time (last...
Replies
Views
Which Skin are u using Kosso? I'm using "Avalon" at the moment.
Which Skin are u using Kosso? I'm using "Avalon" at the moment.
Hello, I've wanted to get a HTPC for years, but 1 year ago I took the step and built one, I haven't felt its completed since...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom