HTPC Projects (4 Viewers)

In the process of building your own HTPC or did you complete one? Show them to other MediaPortal users!
HomeTheatreSolutions in wiki What is the biggest problem for someone, who is building his first HomeTheatre Solution? "Bloody hell! Which hardware should i buy?" :S We now have a quite huge community with very experienced users :) In the forums we have very useful informations allready. The problem is (as always) to find...
HomeTheatreSolutions in wiki What is the biggest problem for someone, who is building his first HomeTheatre Solution? "Bloody...
HomeTheatreSolutions in wiki What is the biggest problem for someone, who is building his first HomeTheatre Solution? "Bloody...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Ongoing My first HTPC build... (1 Viewer) DE
Actually, the 2250 is for Clear-QAM capture and one set-top box. (DirecTV receiver) The Colossus 2 is for my cable STB until I can figure out which streaming services give me the programs I want to watch. Once that's done, then the Colossus will do VCR capture and the 2250 will do LaserDisc capture - until I get my entire video...
Actually, the 2250 is for Clear-QAM capture and one set-top box. (DirecTV receiver) The Colossus 2 is for my cable STB until I...
While I've built my own PCs for years now, this is the first time I've built one to be a dedicated HTPC. Right now, the hardware...
Replies
Views
WOW, its been a couple years since i stated this thread. I think a Windows 10 update started causing problems. I've reinstalled Windows, updated all drivers and firmware, pulled out the HVR-1800 to test with Linux, and bought an WimTV HD Quad, and switch to all OTA. I'm trying to look at other optimizations and options before I get...
WOW, its been a couple years since i stated this thread. I think a Windows 10 update started causing problems. I've reinstalled...
So, I'm currently running a Windows XP MediaCenter, and I've been wanting to build an upgraded system that supported HD broadcasts...
Replies
Views
I installed win 10 pro - and MP2.1. Well so far Im pondering about atleast go back to MP1.16. - still not getting standby to work - TV guide unresponsiveGUI - missing teletext subs - Imagequality on TV seems to be not so good as in MP1.16 (Im using LAV - But using shark007 for my bitstreaming to work) - missing Radio - missing...
I installed win 10 pro - and MP2.1. Well so far Im pondering about atleast go back to MP1.16. - still not getting standby to work...
Hi All! Im thinking of upgrading my existing HTPC. So how about some advise , please! Today its on my OS win 7 64 ultimate. Is it...
Replies
Views
Its now 3.5 years later and this system is still going strong. No hardware or software changes except for updating MP whenever a new stable is released. On the latest 1.15 now (it didn't like the 1.14 one), and still on windows 8.1. I didn't bother updating to win 10 as its been working so well I didn't want to rock the boat with a...
Its now 3.5 years later and this system is still going strong. No hardware or software changes except for updating MP whenever a...
I will update this with photos and specs as I go along Hi, a quick intro- Ive been using a pc to run for main lounge TV for about...
Replies
Views
The free is free.
The free is free.
Hello guy's. i want make my own TVE Server. the goal is to make one system without screen / keyboard / mouse. and maybe can be...
Replies
Views
c'est le but, comme ca tout les acces se font sur la face avant, et rien sur la face arriere. oui, obliger euh, a vrai dire j'ai jamais regardé, et puis j'ai un nas, avec environ 10to donc ... je préfère assurer mes arrières.
c'est le but, comme ca tout les acces se font sur la face avant, et rien sur la face arriere. oui, obliger euh, a vrai dire j'ai...
Hello Men, For make an suite to this thread "Component Selection" i have decided to build my own TVE server Case. Voila the...
Replies
Views
I have the silverstone GD07B and I really like it. No front memory card reader. It takes 2x front 5.25" and a lot of 3.5" drives. The only bad point is the bottom mounted filter is a HUGE pain to remove for cleaning.
I have the silverstone GD07B and I really like it. No front memory card reader. It takes 2x front 5.25" and a lot of 3.5" drives...
Hello there, my amplifier is 171 mm (H): 435 mm (W): 393 mm (D) and I am looking for a HTPC case which is a similar width and depth...
Replies
Views
There is MPDisplay++, it doesn't do exactly what you want, but you might even like it better! https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mpdisplay-0-9-7.130252/
There is MPDisplay++, it doesn't do exactly what you want, but you might even like it better...
Sir/Ma'am Is there a feature for MP that sorts of display poster graphics in a separate monitor (say TV to be mounted vertically...
Replies
Views
Quick update on this, been playing with the Justop all evening. Absolutely love the hardware itself, plays everything ive thrown at it so far over LAN without any issue, however this has been my first outing with Win8.1 and I have to say it absolutely stinks. It's so unintuitive and installing MP has been am absolute nightmare. It's...
Quick update on this, been playing with the Justop all evening. Absolutely love the hardware itself, plays everything ive thrown at...
Hello all, We're just about to move home so ill be looking at an overhaul of our HTPC setup. We currently have a server that runs...
Replies
Views
A starting point would be here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/search/1732924/?q=colossus+and+directv&o=relevance
A starting point would be here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/search/1732924/?q=colossus+and+directv&o=relevance
I have just finished building my HTPC. I have downloaded the latest version of Mediaportal and have successfully hooked up my music...
Replies
Views
Few more things have arrived. Ordering 2 more to go on other walls! Really like these! Look darker than in photos. I haven't got proper brackets up yet so they're not level etc. More for reference right now!
Few more things have arrived. Ordering 2 more to go on other walls! Really like these! Look darker than in photos. I haven't...
Well the selling of the 330i had to be offset by something and this is it, a dedicated cinema room that I'm starting. Hopefully...
Replies
Views
Thanks Jay for stepping in and your suggestion! So it's possible that I create some kind of corridor by just 1 intake hole and 1 exhaust with fan and that in the rest of my compartment, the hot air is accumulated? With my previous desktop pc, I had closed the openings in the side panel in front of the CPU cooler and also closed other...
Thanks Jay for stepping in and your suggestion! So it's possible that I create some kind of corridor by just 1 intake hole and 1...
Inspired by this build I started my own DIY project: my antec case is to wide for the tv cabinet and I would like to make it less...
Replies
Views
Hi, If persuading your wife that 3D is the future to be able to buy a new TV set; I would like advice you not to use this as an argument. I have watched quite some people pay extra money for 3D features on new TV's and since: 1) 3D was a commercial hype 2) there is no standard for 3D 3) the extra cost to create/transport 3D content...
Hi, If persuading your wife that 3D is the future to be able to buy a new TV set; I would like advice you not to use this as an...
The Plan: Main MePo HTPC + MePo Server based on Asrock VisionX 420D (Haswell): http://www.asrock.com/nettop/Intel/VisionX Series...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Ongoing HTPC part 3 DE
As of august 2013 we've moved into our new home. And of course, the mediacenter moved with us. Lately I've been installing it. The idea is to have as much functionality with as less cable clutter in sight. To achieve said goals this is where it has been going: Front view I´m kind of done with the centerspeaker. My two floorstanding...
As of august 2013 we've moved into our new home. And of course, the mediacenter moved with us. Lately I've been installing it. The...
As of august 2013 we've moved into our new home. And of course, the mediacenter moved with us. Lately I've been installing it. The...
Replies
Views
ichessblumen (also here in the forum) did a test with his RasPi - and it does my flv files ... :-) so i think i will use one of those ... (just ordert @ amazon) if it is slow i don't care ... it is multi-media on long journeys ... always more than 3 hours ... so enought time ;)
ichessblumen (also here in the forum) did a test with his RasPi - and it does my flv files ... :-) so i think i will use one of...
Hi Folks - after a long time using MePo - time for something new. Two weeks ago - someone crashed in my loyal (parked) opel...
Replies
Views
I'm also concerned about EM radiation, so I need some sort of shielding for that. Everything will also have to be "earthed" to the power supply. One idea I had was to use 2mm thick aluminum panels (if I can find them) for the actual box. The book "covers" will have linen cloth applied to the outside surfaces with epoxy, and the...
I'm also concerned about EM radiation, so I need some sort of shielding for that. Everything will also have to be "earthed" to the...
Well, I finally have my new client working to my satisfaction, but I cannot stop there. I'm now designing a new DIY enclosure for...
Replies
Views
If I may give you some suggestions; if you use an serperate graphic card, go for an Intel i3 CPU. Much more performance and it uses less power as fas as I know.. Also, the CPU cooler is a bit to much in my opinion.. Maybe you can buy a cheaper one, and investigate it in a 128GB SSD, and a bit schraper 5400 rpm HDD. You should not...
If I may give you some suggestions; if you use an serperate graphic card, go for an Intel i3 CPU. Much more performance and it uses...
On PC Partpicker I've created http://pcpartpicker.com/user/OregonRider/saved/4jhl I already own a Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the offer... though, I haven't had hum since I removed the VCR from the equation. I edit and edit and edit like there's no tomorrow.
Thanks for the offer... though, I haven't had hum since I removed the VCR from the equation. I edit and edit and edit like there's...
I've been accumulating pieces for over a year ... mobo, cpu and OS are the last parts to arrive. Enclosure: Perfect Home Theater...
Replies
Views
cool case - cool hardware and cool passive cooled ... thumbs up ...
cool case - cool hardware and cool passive cooled ... thumbs up ...
hello folks, Since a htpc is never completed I post here in "ongoing htpc projects" ;) I was so inspired from this atom...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Ongoing Project HTPC DE
I know I know, Im afraid about future of this project because manufacturing price isn´t small at all and there´s a problem with buttons from china, but I´ll keep searching for some solution.
I know I know, Im afraid about future of this project because manufacturing price isn´t small at all and there´s a problem with...
Hi everyone Welcome in my thread called project HTPC. I just bought a new PC for work and HTPC stuff. Here is the component list...
Replies
Views
Hi. If you need TV on more places than you have Antenna available, a Client/Server setup is the only way to go. It always is possible to use the TV Server and one Client on the same PC and other clients on other PC using the TV Server on first PC... If you have TV available everywhere (IPTV as example) then you can use one or more...
Hi. If you need TV on more places than you have Antenna available, a Client/Server setup is the only way to go. It always is...
Hi all, I'm just about to set up my NAS before I start on a HTPC and was hoping for some advice. My ideal setup would be WHS 2011...
Replies
Views
Ok, I did it :-D Ordered these parts: case Fractal Design node 304 PSU 300W BeQuiet System Power 7 MoBo ASRock B85M-ITX 1150 M-ITX Cpu INTEL Pentium G3220 3,0 GHz ram 4Gb Kingston Technology KHX1333C9D3B1 hard disk SSD KC300 SATA-600 2 hard disk Western Digital Caviar Green 3Tb DVD Writer USB Samsung SE-208DB/TSRS Keyboard logitech k400
Ok, I did it :-D Ordered these parts: case Fractal Design node 304 PSU 300W BeQuiet System Power 7 MoBo ASRock B85M-ITX 1150 M-ITX...
Hi all! I'm going to replace my old Jepssen HTPC with a new one, which I'll use as NAS and Mule too... I just watch downloaded...
Replies
Views
Hello Yes. Yes, 4 tuners required. Size depends completely on the provider/channel. Lifetime of the SSD depends on how much writing you do and the rating of the SSD. Maybe refer to here for an example: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/things-i-have-learnt-from-using-mp-that-might-help-others.122355/page-3#post-1043016...
Hello Yes. Yes, 4 tuners required. Size depends completely on the provider/channel. Lifetime of the SSD depends on how much...
Hi! I want to replace my IPTV DVR with a MediaPortal HTPC. The IPTV service provide 21/1 ADSL, 5 terabytes of storage and ability...
Replies
Views
cool, ... thanks ... My Son-in-law doesn't have big plans for the system, just as a DVR and to catalog his CD collection. They already have a streaming box (don't remember the name) for online TV viewing and movies, but he needs local program recording since dropping cable. He will be setting up a RAM drive for time-shifting. He...
cool, ... thanks ... My Son-in-law doesn't have big plans for the system, just as a DVR and to catalog his CD collection. They...
MySon-in-law approached me about assembling a "low cost" HTPC to meet his essential functionality requirements. They already have a...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late photos, it took ao long because I forgot to post the photos :D https://plus.google.com/115864537260396175022/posts/fQMmcP7d6vv
Sorry for the late photos, it took ao long because I forgot to post the photos :D...
My Parents' MP Build A MediaPortal story. What's the problem? My parents want a 'one fits all' approach: they want to watch movies...
Replies
Views
Already found my answer on this part of the FAQ http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup/0_TV_Card_Features/1_CAMs Seems that the Alphacrypt has most decryption software. My cable provider uses Irdeto encryption, so the Alphacrypt module seems like a good choice.
Already found my answer on this part of the FAQ...
Hi people, Last year I attempted to build a HTPC. The tuners I use don't work on MP, long story, and now I am looking to get back...
Replies
Views
There is a performance difference in write speed between the pro vs non pro, but with running an HTPC write speed is not important. The read speed is essentially the same. TV-Server doesn't need that fast a write speed. The onboard memory on the pro version might be slightly more robust, but if you were worried at all about SSD...
There is a performance difference in write speed between the pro vs non pro, but with running an HTPC write speed is not important...
Hi Everyone I am currently researching components for my first HTPC build. With so many options out there i am a little...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Ongoing My firts HTPC DE
SO time for some pictures: INSIDE: SIDES: Only left fan connected as intake and set for aprox 800RPM This one is blowing hot air out from case and is working on full RPM (I can control only 1 SysFan) Front: SSD drive on top hot swap socket and WD green drive on the bottom one. Readings from MSI Control...
SO time for some pictures: INSIDE: SIDES: Only left fan connected as intake and set for aprox 800RPM This one is...
Hi all, What you thinks about my HTPC setup. Everything will be delivered to me tomorrow :) : CASE: Silverstone Gradia GD06B...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. Looking at replacing my WDTV box which I stream to from my PC with a dedicated HTPC. I'm primarily looking to manage and view my vast collection of blu rays and DVD's and use something like Mediaportal to access. I would also use it as the dedicated box for accessing Netflix which my PS3 is currently pointed at and then...
Hi folks. Looking at replacing my WDTV box which I stream to from my PC with a dedicated HTPC. I'm primarily looking to manage...
Hi folks. Looking at replacing my WDTV box which I stream to from my PC with a dedicated HTPC. I'm primarily looking to manage...
Replies
Views
The thing I really like about my Intel board for a HTPC is the fast boot option. I don't know if Asus has something comparable? VdR
The thing I really like about my Intel board for a HTPC is the fast boot option. I don't know if Asus has something comparable? VdR
I've bought a "new" house from some old people, and want to install a lot of electronics in it, not just a MP client :) There are...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom