Input/Output Interfaces (5 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
I have found JP1 compatible remotes to be ideal for this. I have a URC-7555 (5-in-1) and use it to control 5 source devices, an A/V receiver and a TV. No matter which of the 5 devices is selected, the volume up/volume down/mute buttons control the A/V receiver, the power button turns the TV on and off, and another button controls the...
I have found JP1 compatible remotes to be ideal for this. I have a URC-7555 (5-in-1) and use it to control 5 source devices, an A/V...
Good morning, For some time now, I've been happily using a standard MCE remote with Mediaportal and love it's functionality...
Replies
Views
After reading user comments about the other remotes, I would opt for the hauppauge as well, why people are complaing about the other make receivers causing input delay is unknown, but can see it being a complete frustration for any end user :(
After reading user comments about the other remotes, I would opt for the hauppauge as well, why people are complaing about the...
Hi all I have finally decided to get a remote for my MP set up. For background I am using Windows 7 64 bit premium as my OS...
Replies
Views
hey, i just got this dinovo mini and i had a quick idea, maybe someone already did it or knows how to do it as I am not very good at programming. i would like to use the touchpad (mouse activated) to scroll through the movies on the filmstrip, kind of what you would do on an iphone, it would be nice for it to have inertial...
hey, i just got this dinovo mini and i had a quick idea, maybe someone already did it or knows how to do it as I am not very good...
How to use the Dinovo Mini with MP : Enable the DiNovo Mini Media Keys with MediaPortal : Launch "Mediaportal Configuration" go...
Replies
Views
So you're saying, if I get a USB TVCard receiver, my Logitech Harmony may be able to connect to it in order to work with the PC?
So you're saying, if I get a USB TVCard receiver, my Logitech Harmony may be able to connect to it in order to work with the PC?
Hi all, I have a Logitech Harmony remote, which I want to use to control my soon-to-be-built HTPC. I understand that I will...
Replies
Views
Well, crud! Thx to the power company I've had to rebuild my "XP Home" HTPC. The IR reciever is giving me a LOT of grief. The device manager is misidentifying the IRRcvr and is installing a "USB Composite device" under the controllers instead of the IR bus. Placing and reg'ing the sys/inf files has done nothing and it doesn't appear as...
Well, crud! Thx to the power company I've had to rebuild my "XP Home" HTPC. The IR reciever is giving me a LOT of grief. The device...
Howdy all !! First timer here. I am building my 1st HTPC and need advice on a non-MCE remote control for Mediaportal. I am...
Replies
Views
Which one do you have? I found that there seem to be several different versions and different prices (although many sites dont specify which version they are selling). For example, I have found a90-00001, a90-00007, a90-00009 and more. Its hard finding detailed info on what the difference is. My crucial requirement is it works with...
Which one do you have? I found that there seem to be several different versions and different prices (although many sites dont...
Does MediaPortal Team recommend any particular remote that will work with Vista 64-bit, Mediaportal and the blu-ray plugin for...
Replies
Views
The reciever sits in the case. I am not sure where, but there is a good chance it's part of the LED-screen And you can connect it to the motherboard inside the case so that you don't have to pull a cable out the expansion slots ot fanholes. As you can see further down on that page there is alot of cables from the front that needs...
The reciever sits in the case. I am not sure where, but there is a good chance it's part of the LED-screen And you can connect it...
This is my first post here, so Hi All :thx: So, im planning to build a HTPC and already have all the needed hardware. My main...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Logitech Z-Cinema DE
Hi I recomend buying a Windows Media Remote for Mediaportal, I own a Windows media compatible remote so i just use the remote from Logitech just to turn the sound on and other sound stuff, so i never tried to make it work with MP, but on other forums i noticed that there has been some issues...good luck! :) But the sound from...
Hi I recomend buying a Windows Media Remote for Mediaportal, I own a Windows media compatible remote so i just use the remote...
Hi there. I'm thinking of buying this sound system from logitech and i am wondering if the remote which is Windows media center...
Replies
Views
I am having this same issue Windows XP HOME I finally just reinstalled drivers MCE REMOTE Everything worked fine.
I am having this same issue Windows XP HOME I finally just reinstalled drivers MCE REMOTE Everything worked fine.
Hi, I've got a MCE-Remote (the one on the left in MP Configuration, guess it is a pretty old one). With MP 1.0 everything...
Replies
Views
Hauppage MediaCenter IR set does the trick for me
Hauppage MediaCenter IR set does the trick for me
:S Hello i'm new to MP i have a Dual core antec slim pc / media center box / 1Tb Hard drive / 3gb memory / Xp pro Looking to buy...
Replies
Views
Here's a link: http://www.myelectronics.nl/contents/en-us/d116.html I did not built it in, I have it against the wall at shoulder level
Here's a link: http://www.myelectronics.nl/contents/en-us/d116.html I did not built it in, I have it against the wall at...
Hi all, looking to build a HTPC. Would like to have a touch screen. I've seen the uneed X15e http://www.iuneed.com/x15e.html...
Replies
Views
I re-tried to get it working yesterday with no success.... only curious thing is that it works when I set mp to "SHOW LAST ACTIVE MODULE WHEN RESUMING from standby" but when I do this my fanarthandler at the start screen doesnt load and no pictures shows - plus MP hangs at start for around 3-5 sec To me it seems that MP loses the...
I re-tried to get it working yesterday with no success.... only curious thing is that it works when I set mp to "SHOW LAST ACTIVE...
Hey guys. I already postet this in german forum but I try again to find help at this place. When my HTPC (P8h67-I Mobo , RC6 IR...
Replies
Views
Just trying to help here, but you are right, 19 euro is too high. The cheapest set (remote+receiver) I can find in the Netherlands however is still 20 euro, so you found a real bargain !
Just trying to help here, but you are right, 19 euro is too high. The cheapest set (remote+receiver) I can find in the Netherlands...
I have an MS MCE r/c but have lost the IR receiver for it during my house move. Is there a method of buying/building an...
Replies
Views
Great, Althought i've been reading about the bluray handler pluginn and the integration of native bluray player in MP 1.3 which makes me wonder if i should invest the money in a license of powerdvd or not. Cyberlink have the tendency of being very unresponsive whenever the end user requires support for a software that they paid for...
Great, Althought i've been reading about the bluray handler pluginn and the integration of native bluray player in MP 1.3 which...
So I have been setting up MediaPortal over the last few weeks to work in my Home Theater room and I believe I almost have it. I...
Replies
Views
have you got the cable from the botton on the front connected into the back of the VFD or is is directly in the motherboard?
have you got the cable from the botton on the front connected into the back of the VFD or is is directly in the motherboard?
Although there are a few threads on the Antec Fusion 430 case, I haven't found any concrete answers as to whether or not the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Which remote? DE
And new ones made no difference, dumb question to ask I know. Think I would go along with a half decent harmony as well if completely dead, at least they properly emulate a MCE remote, I have not seen a real new MCE remote for sale in the UK for a while now.
And new ones made no difference, dumb question to ask I know. Think I would go along with a half decent harmony as well if...
My MCE2005 Microsoft remote has just died (it's about 5yrs old, so probably about time!). Can anyone recommend a new remote that i...
Replies
Views
got a case now, not this one, went for the Antec NSK2480 will start a prgress thread, the reason i went for that is even though the micro fusion looks very slick and performs well, it only had space for 1hdd and 1 dvd drive, although you could say the dvd drive could be converted to hdd, but i need a minimum of 3 drives hdd that is.
got a case now, not this one, went for the Antec NSK2480 will start a prgress thread, the reason i went for that is even though...
basically, i was using my HTPC setup in my bedroom, and i was using one PC for everything including gaming MM, development and...
Replies
Views
You can also buy a Logitech Harmony remote, those can be programed to be just about any remote you want to use. Then all you need is a IR port for your PC.
You can also buy a Logitech Harmony remote, those can be programed to be just about any remote you want to use. Then all you need...
Hi! Noticed that it is hard to get the MCE remote here in Sweden lately. You can get the remote it self, but not with the IR...
Replies
Views
May be I'm a Tuna brain... May be I'm a Tuna brain... but I did not understand your last sentence! I bought an Harmony ONE and whant to use it to control MP (and other devices connected). I thought I could use the IR receiver of my TV card (Hauppauge NovaT 500 PCI). Before attempting to execute a disaster I was trying to...
May be I'm a Tuna brain... May be I'm a Tuna brain... but I did not understand your last sentence! I bought an Harmony ONE...
Hey everyone. I was hoping I could get some help with my remote if at all possible. I have a harmony one remote set up as a MCE...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys. I am located in USA.
Thanks guys. I am located in USA.
I havent get remote control with my TV tuner card, my card is PCI CAPTR HUPPAUGE|1042 PVR MCE 150. can some one suggest how i can...
Replies
Views
tabtab Does your IR receiver appear to windows as an 'ehome' device? I'm having a problem with a Harmony and Mediaportal (won't recognise any buttons). There is an other post about the issue, maybe you have the same problem?
tabtab Does your IR receiver appear to windows as an 'ehome' device? I'm having a problem with a Harmony and Mediaportal...
Hello everyone ! I bought a Logitech harmony 700 remote to control MediaPortal. I also bought an USBUIRT IR receiver to make the...
Replies
Views
Perhaps all you need to do is disable it?
Perhaps all you need to do is disable it?
I've a little Problem with my MCE V2 Remote and Mediaportal 1.02 ... in the past this Remote worked fine & without any problems...
Replies
Views
I have a harmony one I have just bought and am looking for a receiver that is less tempremental than my current Fractal Shape remote receiver. Would something like this do the trick? HP Media Center IR Infrared USB Receiver OVU400102/71 HP Media Center IR Infrared USB Receiver OVU400102/71 | eBay
I have a harmony one I have just bought and am looking for a receiver that is less tempremental than my current Fractal Shape...
Hi I have spent ages trying to search this forum for a fully compatible IR receiver for WME for my Logitech Harmony One. I had...
Replies
Views
I have 2 x DTV1000s cards in my setup, and interestingly as part of my upgrade to MediaPortal 1.2.0 Final, I also updated the LeadTek drivers to the very latest version available off their web-site. Suddenly, a whole bunch of buttons that had stopped working on the remote are now working again, so I'm back to having a properly...
I have 2 x DTV1000s cards in my setup, and interestingly as part of my upgrade to MediaPortal 1.2.0 Final, I also updated the...
Well I've had a good look around and hit up the search function and I can't see any feedback regarding Leadtek's new RC config...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have the same weirdness, I'm using a Fractal design remote, shown in tab 3 in remote config. This remote used to work fine when running mediaportal 1.0.2 but since upgrade to 1.1.0 Rx I have had this problem. I'm now running mp 1.1.0 R5 on Win XP SP2 Any one that can spread some light on this sticky/repeating key problem...
Hi. I have the same weirdness, I'm using a Fractal design remote, shown in tab 3 in remote config. This remote used to work fine...
Hello all - I have an old - perhaps 2-3 years old MCE Remote and this week it has started this wierd thing where it will scroll...
Replies
Views
not working.... dont get any results... can anyone send me the driver per pm?
not working.... dont get any results... can anyone send me the driver per pm?
i just installed windows 7 64 bit reduced media edition. Normaly he install with it the Mce Remote ehome infrared transceive...
Replies
Views
Hi Paranoid, I am aware of your proposed remote. Unfortunately it has no display to select music without switching the TV on.
Hi Paranoid, I am aware of your proposed remote. Unfortunately it has no display to select music without switching the TV on.
Hi there, I am looking for a remote for my MP running on Vista. I stumbled over the Philips SRM7500. What I like reading the...
Replies
Views
I can live without that feature.......... well my other half can. thanks ........ free software and using exsisting hardware. GREAT!! any other input also welcomed. thanks .
I can live without that feature.......... well my other half can. thanks ........ free software and using exsisting hardware...
I've bought a MCE remote from ebay and would like to build/buy an IR reciver that will work with it in media portal. I have an...
Replies
Views
Ah yes, ok that makes sense. Thank you.
Ah yes, ok that makes sense. Thank you.
I emailed Pulse-Eight but it seems they don't answer emails? I have a HDMI switcher. My HDMI cable from my grahics card goes to...
Replies
Views
it can but it won't work well. i have attempted for several weeks to use a logitech harmony programmed as an MCE remote with the imon software, but you can basically forget about it ever being a seamless solution. the inherent flaw is that the imon software has hard coded buttons that cannot be changed (exit linked to backspace, for...
it can but it won't work well. i have attempted for several weeks to use a logitech harmony programmed as an MCE remote with the...
Just built a new media centre using an Antec Fusion case. How do I get the IR receiver to work with MediaPortal? The supplied...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom