Mainboards / CPU / RAM (3 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
Hi, If i was going to do it again I probably would get something more powerful the ATOM ION (thats what I have now). At the end of the day if you get a 45w CPU your system will never use much more power then an ATOM ION because you will never be hitting 100% CPU. AMD for sure but to save power use a PICO PSU (150watt) with a dell...
Hi, If i was going to do it again I probably would get something more powerful the ATOM ION (thats what I have now). At the end of...
Hi! I am unable to decide which setup should I chose, please help me decide. I am aware of many pros and cons for both, but for...
Replies
Views
No... I will be going optical out from the mobo to the optical in on the amplifier.... hdmi out from the mobo to the tv
No... I will be going optical out from the mobo to the optical in on the amplifier.... hdmi out from the mobo to the tv
Hi all, I ended up buying the nmedia 2000b with the optional LED and am very pleased with it http://www.nmediapc.com/htpc2000.htm...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 help for new HTPC DE
tnx, I'll take a look Bye
tnx, I'll take a look Bye
Hi, I'm planning to build a new HTPC, to couple with my brand new TV, Samsung LE 46A756. I'm in doubt on the motherboard and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HTPC for TV (DVB-C) DE
Hello rsbrux, yes, you're right, but Radeon HD's DXVA will be enough for me. The tuner card is expensive, so I can not buy a separate VGA card too. Right now I have to build a new desktop PC, so I won't have money for this HTPC now... I'm still reading tests and reviews about these HW components. If I ever be able to build this, I...
Hello rsbrux, yes, you're right, but Radeon HD's DXVA will be enough for me. The tuner card is expensive, so I can not buy a...
Hello everyone, I looked at many threads, but I hardly found all of my answers for my questions. I would like to set up my first...
Replies
Views
What are you going to do for input? You'll need an encoder card to pull in at least one video signal. And with a lower end CPU like that you will need something with hardware encoding like a PVR-150. I started out like you with an older P4 2.4GHz machine. I knew I needed to spend the money on the encoder card($90). But once I...
What are you going to do for input? You'll need an encoder card to pull in at least one video signal. And with a lower end CPU...
I'm trying to build a media center with the old computer parts that I have, but I still need a decent CPU, and I don't know if my...
Replies
Views
AW: My odyssey to 5.1 digital surround sound Hello WhiteNinja, You're right. However these offers were rare (I remember scanning ebay during a month or so) and then they cost the same or even more than the new bracket from ASUS. In fact this was my planned fallback solution, should my DIY not work. Have a good time...
AW: My odyssey to 5.1 digital surround sound Hello WhiteNinja, You're right. However these offers were rare (I remember...
Hello all, I wanted to report from my odyssey and hope that it helps someone. The target: Enjoy digital 5.1 surround sound...
Replies
Views
I realize this is an old message your sever may be ready by now ;) I'm just finalizing the build of my new TV- & Media- server. I'm using an MSI P45 Neo3 - FR motherboard. It has 8 SATA ports, 4 PCI ports and gigabit ethernet. It also has on board RAID. I'm very happy with it. VdR
I realize this is an old message your sever may be ready by now ;) I'm just finalizing the build of my new TV- & Media- server...
Hi guys, Looking for a little advice, I am looking to build a Server to distribute my media around my house aswell as being a...
Replies
Views
On the Gigabyte website, you can find a list of compatible memory. Obviously, these won't be the only ones that work, but at least you'll know they've been tested together. Worth a glance usually before buying.
On the Gigabyte website, you can find a list of compatible memory. Obviously, these won't be the only ones that work, but at least...
I currently have a GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L motherboard which says it supports DDR2 1066 RAM, so I bought a Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2...
Replies
Views
Google for "hybrid sli" and "geforce boost". I haven't tried it myself but it might be what you're looking for.
Google for "hybrid sli" and "geforce boost". I haven't tried it myself but it might be what you're looking for.
Hi all, is there a Mainboard (best a AMD785 Chipset mainboard), that can disable the PCIe Slot? I cant find one. Maybe a another...
Replies
Views
ECS do a socket 754 version of the RS482 chipset, that could well be a good choice for you. Its has the features you require + the onboard DX9 capable graphics, would be more than enough for your media portal needs. :wink...
ECS do a socket 754 version of the RS482 chipset, that could well be a good choice for you. Its has the features you require + the...
Hi I am looking for a good m-atx board. The following is important Spdif good standby function socket a or 754 (AMDbased)...
Replies
Views
instead of the 4400+ i would take a x3 be-2300 or 2350. instead of 65w they have a tdp of 45w. i dont know the clockspeeds from memory but dispite from the number an heat these cpus should be the same (if there is a difference then it is no more than 200mhz).
instead of the 4400+ i would take a x3 be-2300 or 2350. instead of 65w they have a tdp of 45w. i dont know the clockspeeds from...
Ok, I am upgrading my current HTPC to a more modern and power/heat friendly version. Currently im using my old left over ATX AMD...
Replies
Views
I think the CPU idle power usage is the very important if you are building a HTPC that will be on 24/7, You can calculate te money that you save each year when you buy a low power CPU and then compare the two versions. Not making a decision based on only the price in the store... I agree with you if you where talking about power...
I think the CPU idle power usage is the very important if you are building a HTPC that will be on 24/7, You can calculate te money...
Have a look at this: 25W Athlon 260u shipping in Europe - Processors - Fudzilla
Replies
Views
Note that the Intel IvyBridge CPU model numbers with '5' at the end e.g. i3-3225 have the higher performance HD4000 GPU (16 EU instead of 6 EU) - this is worth having if you are going to use only the integrated GPU.
Note that the Intel IvyBridge CPU model numbers with '5' at the end e.g. i3-3225 have the higher performance HD4000 GPU (16 EU...
Hi everyone, I'm wanting some advice on a good HTPC rig. Basically I want a really stable setup - it doesn't have to be super...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys, I'm glad I asked now. The board is the Asus M4A785TD-M EVO, and it does indeed have ATI onboard graphics (Radeon HD 4200), so that's something I'll have to look into. Don't plan on doing much encoding on that machine. I do want to upscale SD video/DVDs and TV channels though. I also just saw that ffdshow has a new...
Thanks guys, I'm glad I asked now. The board is the Asus M4A785TD-M EVO, and it does indeed have ATI onboard graphics (Radeon HD...
Hi folks, simple question - which is better for MP use, more cores or more clock speed? I currently have a socket AM2 Athlon 2.6GHz...
Replies
Views
Depends on what processor you;re using and what you want to play. There's not a lot of discussion around about the 785G and MP because its so new, but there was a lot of talk about the 780g and its need for a fairly hefty processor in order to play 1080i. If you're not playing 1080i then maybe no need for the HD4550, however I dont...
Depends on what processor you;re using and what you want to play. There's not a lot of discussion around about the 785G and MP...
Well after 6 months of using my MediaPortal HTPC. My old Dell died. It was a Dell Optiplex GX280 The machine started getting a...
Replies
Views
I have a Asus MB with Nvidia. I would be happy to trade for an ATI. I am not sure what "reframe greater then 4" means but many folks are running HD with MP and ATI
I have a Asus MB with Nvidia. I would be happy to trade for an ATI. I am not sure what "reframe greater then 4" means but many...
At the moment my HTPC has a ASUS Motherboard with AMD CPU. The Motherboard does not have a PCIe slot, so i can not by a new NVIDIA...
Replies
Views
Hi again Kris As much as I hate to say it, you *might* have a faulty card there. Having said that, not all motherboards support x1 cards in x16 slots even though the standard says it should work - personal experience talking there. I wouldn't set the PCIe slot width to x1 - I would leave that at default. I'd also update to the latest...
Hi again Kris As much as I hate to say it, you *might* have a faulty card there. Having said that, not all motherboards support x1...
Hi everybody! First time poster, long time visitor. I recently decided to build a HTPC. Specs as follows: Mobo: BIOSTAR A880G+...
Replies
Views
Finally getting around to write the review… Hardware purchased to a total price of $461.94 (Breakdown below) ASROCK J3710 – ITX Mini ITX Motherboard - $179 Samsung 120GB 750 EVO SATA SSD - $69 Antec ISK 110 VESA Case $105 Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600SO-DIMM Laptop Memory $55 Shipping/Other Costs $55.94 Build Notes/Thoughts...
Finally getting around to write the review… Hardware purchased to a total price of $461.94 (Breakdown below) ASROCK J3710 – ITX...
I am looking for new MP Client as my existing Client starting from way back with MP version 0.9 has finally powered off for the...
Replies
Views
This is no comparission becuase you're comparing a non overclocked Q96xx to a overclocked Q6600. The 96xx can also be overclocked.... which then surpasses your overclocked q6600 Besides that the q6600 is 65nm based, the Q9xxx series is 45nm based, for the last one compared to the first, this means more overclocking headroom, less heat...
This is no comparission becuase you're comparing a non overclocked Q96xx to a overclocked Q6600. The 96xx can also be...
I am having a hard time choosing amongst these two processors.:bitch: The reasons the E8500 is compelling are Cost, Power (65w)...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that info guys... nice to get some recommended brand names to start looking at.
Thanks for that info guys... nice to get some recommended brand names to start looking at.
Hi all, Sorry if this question has been done to death... but about 3 years ago I started out messing around with MediaPortal and...
Replies
Views
^^^ Heh I can't tell if that is meant to be here or in a new thread of its own haha.
^^^ Heh I can't tell if that is meant to be here or in a new thread of its own haha.
Hey guys, seems that I just shot my system. Tried to add a fresh hdd and afterwards I dont get any picture on tv/lcd with onboard...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 RAM Usage DE
dualchannel 1-2% ? i think 10-20%
dualchannel 1-2% ? i think 10-20%
Hi there, what do you think, how much MB of RAM do I need for Mediaportal and a constantly running Emule or Bittorrent...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Have you heard any news? I am done with a huge project now, so I'm at home and my fingers are itching. Gonna look at projectors tomorrow. :-)
Have you heard any news? I am done with a huge project now, so I'm at home and my fingers are itching. Gonna look at projectors...
Hi! Now when everyone recommends Intel (E6300) I wonder if you can give me a hint of a good motherboard with built-in graphics? I...
Replies
Views
I don't think it's worth it yet. You get only 4 channels in HD. In my opinion, you only get extra interactivity and I don't need that. + There are no 'extra channels' I realy like. I'm pretty happy with the analog channels.
I don't think it's worth it yet. You get only 4 channels in HD. In my opinion, you only get extra interactivity and I don't need...
Hi all, My first time asking a question on this forum (and believe me, it won’t be the last) I want to build my own htpc but...
Replies
Views
Oh - I am talking dual tuner cards :-) The setup should be 4 x Terratec 2400i dt, 2 x KNC ONE DVB-C and 1 x Hauppauge PVR 500 in one TV server.
Oh - I am talking dual tuner cards :-) The setup should be 4 x Terratec 2400i dt, 2 x KNC ONE DVB-C and 1 x Hauppauge PVR 500 in...
Hello! I am looking for a suitable mainboard to set up a TV server. As I am planning on using a larger number of receivers this...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CPU DE
WishyWashy's suggestion to go for a Thunderbird 1.4Ghz is not such a good choice, since that is one of the most heat producing AMD cores. :o 1.4 Ghz should suffice though
WishyWashy's suggestion to go for a Thunderbird 1.4Ghz is not such a good choice, since that is one of the most heat producing AMD...
Which CPU is recommend for MP? I am thinking about a Athlon 64. Or is the performance of a AMD Semperon god enough for MP?
Replies
Views
I also use the Enlight case with a Asus A8n-vm-csm (AMD) motherboard and think it's ok for the price. The included p/s is pretty quiet but the fans was a bit noisy so I added a Zalman Fanmate 2 to lower the speed. There is a review here: http://www.caseclosed.co.uk/review_enlight_7473.htm
I also use the Enlight case with a Asus A8n-vm-csm (AMD) motherboard and think it's ok for the price. The included p/s is pretty...
Hello, I have now oficially chunked my Shuttle ST62k, because it would not wake up from hibernate/standby when a recording was...
Replies
Views
I'd repurposed a Feb 2008 ECS AMD690GM-M2 AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard & AMD Athlon 64 LE-1600 2.2GHz Socket AM2 45W Single-Core Processor w/ 1x2GB RAM build to run MP 1.2.2 client using HD6450 video card. Seems to run fine on .mkv but tends to drop frames on .ts recorded and live TV mpeg2 material. It's go Win 7 32-bit...
I'd repurposed a Feb 2008 ECS AMD690GM-M2 AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard & AMD Athlon 64 LE-1600 2.2GHz Socket AM2 45W...
Hi i am having problems with trying to view Tv from the server with the above cpu Mp runs okay till i select a tv channel to watch...
Replies
Views
I Also wait for the ION 2... Hope that the optical drive is then replaced bij a slot loader type. Otherwise I replace it myself bij a Samsung SN-T083A or similar. The one's currently used are so fragile.. My kids can breake it easily..
I Also wait for the ION 2... Hope that the optical drive is then replaced bij a slot loader type. Otherwise I replace it myself bij...
Hi Community, has someone an ION330 (dual atom) as MP standalone system in use? How is the performance? Is it possible to play...
Replies
Views
AMD Thanks this gone slve everything Cheers
AMD Thanks this gone slve everything Cheers
I have always used Intel cpu and gone build a new test computer and want to try AMD this time.. Need help to select the right...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom