Mainboards / CPU / RAM (11 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
I think the CPU idle power usage is the very important if you are building a HTPC that will be on 24/7, You can calculate te money that you save each year when you buy a low power CPU and then compare the two versions. Not making a decision based on only the price in the store... I agree with you if you where talking about power...
I think the CPU idle power usage is the very important if you are building a HTPC that will be on 24/7, You can calculate te money...
Have a look at this: 25W Athlon 260u shipping in Europe - Processors - Fudzilla
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Little CPU dilemma DE
if you want to keep things silent then you should consider an amd system based on a n athlon x2-be (45w tdp) and an asus m2a-vm motherboard. the athlon produces less heat than the c2d and which is more important produces less heat when there is no stress on the cpu. the same goes for amd motherboards. the onbaord graphics card...
if you want to keep things silent then you should consider an amd system based on a n athlon x2-be (45w tdp) and an asus m2a-vm...
Hello, I am building my first HTPC based on many recommendations, and for a mainboard I chose the Abit F-I90HD with socket 775...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Is this CPU Enough? DE
thanks for the replies guys, ended up going for the AMD 4600 x2. As for the GPU, i have had nothing but problems with the ATi catalyst drivers and mediaportal with silly crashes (using 7.2, 7.9 or 7.10) so have stuck in an Nvidia 6600GT and MP is running like a sweetheart now :)
thanks for the replies guys, ended up going for the AMD 4600 x2. As for the GPU, i have had nothing but problems with the ATi...
Hi All, I am looking at putting together a dedicated HTPC to run MP and be used for streaming x264 from my main pc over LAN...
Replies
Views
the X4 is definitely faster, although it probably consumes more power obviously. But I would probably gone for something like this too.
the X4 is definitely faster, although it probably consumes more power obviously. But I would probably gone for something like this too.
I was looking at the Athlon II X2 245e as a CPU for an HTPC I'm building for my brother, on a motherboard with IGP HD3200. Would...
Replies
Views
I Also wait for the ION 2... Hope that the optical drive is then replaced bij a slot loader type. Otherwise I replace it myself bij a Samsung SN-T083A or similar. The one's currently used are so fragile.. My kids can breake it easily..
I Also wait for the ION 2... Hope that the optical drive is then replaced bij a slot loader type. Otherwise I replace it myself bij...
Hi Community, has someone an ION330 (dual atom) as MP standalone system in use? How is the performance? Is it possible to play...
Replies
Views
Hi, If i was going to do it again I probably would get something more powerful the ATOM ION (thats what I have now). At the end of the day if you get a 45w CPU your system will never use much more power then an ATOM ION because you will never be hitting 100% CPU. AMD for sure but to save power use a PICO PSU (150watt) with a dell...
Hi, If i was going to do it again I probably would get something more powerful the ATOM ION (thats what I have now). At the end of...
Hi! I am unable to decide which setup should I chose, please help me decide. I am aware of many pros and cons for both, but for...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Ion 330 DE
Barebones and commercial HTPC's - MediaPortal Forum
Barebones and commercial HTPC's - MediaPortal Forum
Noob question. I've seen references to Ion 330 motherboards in various posts and signatures. Has anybody a good working setup...
Replies
Views
This guy managed to make an i3 go as low as 10w! i3 @ 10W - translated from dutch -> english with google
This guy managed to make an i3 go as low as 10w! i3 @ 10W - translated from dutch -> english with google
Every Watt Counts: AMD E-350 vs. Intel Core i3-2100T - X-bit labs Inspired by this article I exchanged my old Core2Duo setup...
Replies
Views
If its revision b it will fit Ninja Mini Rev B: CPU Kühler, Lüfter, Lüftersteuerung, PC Netzteile von Scythe
If its revision b it will fit Ninja Mini Rev B: CPU Kühler, Lüfter, Lüftersteuerung, PC Netzteile von Scythe
So ive heard that there is a problem with silicon degradation in the new generation of i-processors with their chipset on certain...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am just short of ordering some new HTPC components. As I'm pretty much pissed off by AMD the recent years (stability, durability) I want to switch to Intel. I wanted to order the following system (Socket 1155): Intel Media Sedries DZ68DB (Z68 chip..) Intel Pentium G630T (35W TDP) G.Skill Dimm DRR3-1333 (PC310600) (16GB of...
Hi, I am just short of ordering some new HTPC components. As I'm pretty much pissed off by AMD the recent years (stability...
Hi, I am just short of ordering some new HTPC components. As I'm pretty much pissed off by AMD the recent years (stability...
Replies
Views
Have you heard any news? I am done with a huge project now, so I'm at home and my fingers are itching. Gonna look at projectors tomorrow. :-)
Have you heard any news? I am done with a huge project now, so I'm at home and my fingers are itching. Gonna look at projectors...
Hi! Now when everyone recommends Intel (E6300) I wonder if you can give me a hint of a good motherboard with built-in graphics? I...
Replies
Views
Hi Felldin, please note that 10% is for a HD channel, 'normal' channels are much lower (max 5%) regards, Ruud.
Hi Felldin, please note that 10% is for a HD channel, 'normal' channels are much lower (max 5%) regards, Ruud.
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how my mediaportalsystem should look. I'm aiming for a cheep and power efficient server. I found the...
Replies
Views
I have an i3 3225 (with HD4000) and it is a great CPU, very impressive, even the dolphin emulator which is very CPU intensive works fine (though that is on another machine, was so impressed for the price I bought a second)... The HD4000 however is garbage, for me anyway.. It is actually reletively powerful overall probably equal to...
I have an i3 3225 (with HD4000) and it is a great CPU, very impressive, even the dolphin emulator which is very CPU intensive works...
Good day, I'm building my home setup. (link) I was wondering: will an Intel Core i3 3225 be sufficient to offer a perfect...
Replies
Views
Hi Vector adaptive is an AMD terminus. You won't find this in any Nvidia or Intel GPU. Didn't matter at all, as all modern GPU has adequate technique available. Probably the HD4000 is the best integrated GPU available today if it comes to Media stuff. It's more than twice as powerful as the biggest GPU, AMD has to offer in their A10...
Hi Vector adaptive is an AMD terminus. You won't find this in any Nvidia or Intel GPU. Didn't matter at all, as all modern GPU has...
Hi guys, i want give you a short overview i found out. Maybe it is interesting for anyone. Follow: I take a mini-itx board...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: I need a new small but capable client setup? definately! I am running MP on a eeeBox1501 (see specs below) with absolutely no problems....
AW: Re: I need a new small but capable client setup? definately! I am running MP on a eeeBox1501 (see specs below) with...
I'm moving to a bigger place in a few weeks and want to replace my current single seat m-atx setup to a multi seat one. What I'm...
Replies
Views
Last week I got an answer from Asus support. I should try to unplug the power supply, do a cmos reset and take out the bios battery. Unfortunately it didn't help. But the straight dope was that you can't exclude that the bios chip is defect. I ordered a new one from ebay with the lastet bios version to try it out and installed it and...
Last week I got an answer from Asus support. I should try to unplug the power supply, do a cmos reset and take out the bios...
My problem: It seems that my motherboard gave up the ghost. Since a while I had a problem that my htpc was shutting down itself or...
Replies
Views
... before the Kabini boards arrive, MSI are saying they'll have a Mini-ITX board available with a 10w Intel Bay Trail CPU (Celeron J1800). I'd expect this to be the real competitor to Kabini, with a weaker GPU and stronger CPU, should be more than enough GPU for offloading 1080p though. Details...
... before the Kabini boards arrive, MSI are saying they'll have a Mini-ITX board available with a 10w Intel Bay Trail CPU (Celeron...
Hi, I know there are numerous threads on the site, & the web about this. I can't locate specific information relative to my...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HTPC for TV (DVB-C) DE
Hello rsbrux, yes, you're right, but Radeon HD's DXVA will be enough for me. The tuner card is expensive, so I can not buy a separate VGA card too. Right now I have to build a new desktop PC, so I won't have money for this HTPC now... I'm still reading tests and reviews about these HW components. If I ever be able to build this, I...
Hello rsbrux, yes, you're right, but Radeon HD's DXVA will be enough for me. The tuner card is expensive, so I can not buy a...
Hello everyone, I looked at many threads, but I hardly found all of my answers for my questions. I would like to set up my first...
Replies
Views
Do you have multiple monitors? Even if you don't, ATI CCC might have you set up just in case. Disable the 2nd monitor and you should be good to go.
Do you have multiple monitors? Even if you don't, ATI CCC might have you set up just in case. Disable the 2nd monitor and you...
Hello, I have a PC configuration with: - Motherboard: M4A785TD EVO-M - Processor: Athlon IIX2 250 - Memory: 3 Gb...
Replies
Views
I need help, i want to build an htpc that is powerfull to serve my xbox 360 games library through ftp. The htpc would be used to play movies and series downloaded through torrent and watch netflix, youtube, etc directly to my 46" samsung tv, using hdmi. The xbox when jtag has the ability to play god format games through the network...
I need help, i want to build an htpc that is powerfull to serve my xbox 360 games library through ftp. The htpc would be used to...
I need help, i want to build an htpc that is powerfull to serve my xbox 360 games library through ftp. The htpc would be used to...
Replies
Views
Went with an ivy bridge 3240 instead. This also allowed me to upgrade to the 1600Mhz ddr3 memory :)
Went with an ivy bridge 3240 instead. This also allowed me to upgrade to the 1600Mhz ddr3 memory :)
Will be used for storage, TV server (recording, timeshifting etc) and streaming for 2 or 3 clients... Core i3 2120 Asrock B75M-GL...
Replies
Views
Thanks Spragleknas, I have just had a read of the link. I suppose 1333Mhz will have to do :rolleyes: - I'm using the large chunk of it for timeshifting. The memory is running in "unganged" mode to allow for the dual memory controllers and it is being reported as running at 1333Mhz. The performance is great, far quicker than the...
Thanks Spragleknas, I have just had a read of the link. I suppose 1333Mhz will have to do :rolleyes: - I'm using the large chunk of...
Hi Guys, I have now given up on my current server motherboard - it will not play nice with multicore processors. I need to get...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help to choose CPU DE
Thanks for all replies, now I know that I shall buy that CPU. /Juppe
Thanks for all replies, now I know that I shall buy that CPU. /Juppe
Hallo. I'm about to buy a CPU to my new motherboard, but I dont know what to buy. I have a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H motherboard...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 help me to pick cpu DE
Just a suggestion but for $0 you could overclock your E4300 & get a big performance improvement. I have an E4300 clocked to 3.4ghz with just a little tweaking & had it as 3.1ghz with no voltage adjustments at all. Your mileage may vary but this may be a good path to follow before you lay out the $$$ for the other cpu's you mentioned...
Just a suggestion but for $0 you could overclock your E4300 & get a big performance improvement. I have an E4300 clocked to 3.4ghz...
right now i am using e4300 . i want to upgrade the cpu . e8xxx or q6600? motherboard: abit ip35-e memory: Gskill 2 GB right now...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help for new MB/CPU setup (1 Viewer) DE
IIRC it is a PITA getting Intel IGP to work w/DXVA in some cases.
IIRC it is a PITA getting Intel IGP to work w/DXVA in some cases.
My current setup has died, I believe the motherboard has died, I didnt try a new power supply :S. I think the bios or northbridge...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 help for new HTPC DE
tnx, I'll take a look Bye
tnx, I'll take a look Bye
Hi, I'm planning to build a new HTPC, to couple with my brand new TV, Samsung LE 46A756. I'm in doubt on the motherboard and...
Replies
Views
I think that only applies if the disk uses the Image Constraint Token, which down samples the picture to 480i (or Standard Definition). At the moment the studios have backed away from ICT because of the number of people, especially in the US that have non-HDCP HiDef TVs.
I think that only applies if the disk uses the Image Constraint Token, which down samples the picture to 480i (or Standard...
I am about to start my second HTPC project, and was almost complete with chosing witch parts to use. The original conf. where a...
Replies
Views
I have already haha. I actually setup the mobo and CPU to suddenly find the PSU was the problem all along. Easter and a misorder meant I only wound up with the new PSU yesterday (Seasonic 360W G Series 80 plus gold). Absolutely zero issues with the Intel onboard. I didn't even reinstall windows/media portal, just had to reactivate the...
I have already haha. I actually setup the mobo and CPU to suddenly find the PSU was the problem all along. Easter and a misorder...
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7007/intels-haswell-an-htpc-perspective Lots of improvements in the new Haswell CPU, especially for...
Replies
Views
Yes you are right. I'm using one pci and three usb cards so I would loose perhaps one which is not so hard for me but it's really one no go when you have a larger amount of tv cards. But what I wanted to say is that it could be a good idea also to look for prebuild systems instead of building some own systems.
Yes you are right. I'm using one pci and three usb cards so I would loose perhaps one which is not so hard for me but it's really...
Hello community, I am thinking about setting up a homeserver running on WHS 2011 as OS. It should also be my TVServer, maybe...
Replies
Views
J
Yes renethx has done a fantastic job with that thread and has kept it pretty much meticulously up to date. He even takes the time to answer specific questions you have for him too on top of all of that. My last 2 HTPC's have been based off of his advice. Great guy right there.
Yes renethx has done a fantastic job with that thread and has kept it pretty much meticulously up to date. He even takes the time...
This is definitely a must read guide. Guide to Building a HD HTPC - AVS Forum
Replies
Views
Top Bottom