Newcomers Forum (58 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
"M card reader for a PC" is called a CableCARD tuner. As stated in our wiki/manual, Ceton, Hauppauge and Silicondust CableCARD tuners all work with MediaPortal.
"M card reader for a PC" is called a CableCARD tuner. As stated in our wiki/manual, Ceton, Hauppauge and Silicondust CableCARD...
I will start by saying that I have to install the Media Portal. I currently have a Tivo Bolt but I hate the amount they charge to...
Replies
Views
Thanks and sorry for myopia ;-)
Thanks and sorry for myopia ;-)
Hi - I have searched the forums, the Wiki, youtube and the web, but I can't find instructions for installing plugins and extensions...
Replies
Views
Hi people, I have a Windows 10 computer (desktop), and i want to stream PC contents and watch tv, on a TV with what i think it`s a Pace DCR 8151 or DCR 7151 (i`m not quite sure) tuner. I have also a router provided by my Internet Service Provider which connects to the TV tuner (for watching "normal" TV) and that`s connected also to...
Hi people, I have a Windows 10 computer (desktop), and i want to stream PC contents and watch tv, on a TV with what i think it`s a...
Hi people, I have a Windows 10 computer (desktop), and i want to stream PC contents and watch tv, on a TV with what i think it`s a...
Replies
Views
That's correct. Exactly :) OK, but I am not sure what exactly you were referring to. IMHO there is no issue left with the current importer. If sorting issues persist then I would be very curious to see the examples. So if you referenced a thread I could take a look at my side if things still apply or were fixed (and when). No need...
That's correct. Exactly :) OK, but I am not sure what exactly you were referring to. IMHO there is no issue left with the current...
I installed media portal 1 a few months ago and have been learning it slowly. I have only set up small sections of my movie and tv...
Replies
Views
Yes they can. I have MP and Kodi running on the same machine. MP I still use most, but my kids are swinging to Kodi, so I cater for both. Kodi and MP can run at the same time. Pressing the green button on the MCE style remote will always start MP or bring MP to the front.
Yes they can. I have MP and Kodi running on the same machine. MP I still use most, but my kids are swinging to Kodi, so I cater for...
I hope you can help me. I would like to have a look at Media Portal and see if I would like to change over from Kodi. The question...
Replies
Views
check if the path is valid/exist as a first step. Somethings wrong on thumbs...
check if the path is valid/exist as a first step. Somethings wrong on thumbs...
I can't delete an episode of 'The One Show' Recorded on 8 May 2017 The logs are attached- the file is quite large, but with the...
Replies
Views
Ok i think we can try to comment this line of code for now and see if it create another regression :)
Ok i think we can try to comment this line of code for now and see if it create another regression :)
In summary, when I have MediaPortal 1.16 showing Freeview TV (UK) it steals focus from other windows from time to time. This...
Replies
Views
Any reason why on 1.14? I was still on 1.12, because I don't like the new skin, but now online videos isn't working anymore with that version.
Any reason why on 1.14? I was still on 1.12, because I don't like the new skin, but now online videos isn't working anymore with...
My Hauppage IR remote suddenly stopped working after being fine for some time. I attache the log file, does this tell anything...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Update problem DE
Yes, I do have Avast antivirus software. So probably I was another instance of the problem.
Yes, I do have Avast antivirus software. So probably I was another instance of the problem.
I did no more than update from 1.16 pre-relase to 1.16 final. I have updated several times before. Everything was working fine...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Tvserver problem DE
You could have found information in the manual (wiki). ;) TV Server Configuration Fails To Start - get_Cards() error - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki
You could have found information in the manual (wiki). ;) TV Server Configuration Fails To Start - get_Cards() error - MediaPortal...
Windows 10 Media Portal 1.16.0. I've been using MP for 2 years now. With the update to 1.16.0 a problem comes up. When I start up...
Replies
Views
Thanks MM for your prompt reply - it fixed the problem. Someone from NZ helping an Aussie - Great!
Thanks MM for your prompt reply - it fixed the problem. Someone from NZ helping an Aussie - Great!
I have been using MediaPortal (version 1.12.0) for over a year without any problems. I am now getting a picture but no sound. In...
Replies
Views
Hi there Very likely that the new router caused the problem. The new router can assign a new address to the machine that TV Server is installed on. TV Server needs to be reconfigured to take the new address into account.
Hi there Very likely that the new router caused the problem. The new router can assign a new address to the machine that TV Server...
I had MP1 working on a Windows 10 Pro computer I use as my media center. I replaced the router and installed FoxTel Play, then...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Live TV buffers DE
TVE3 + my rework. Yes, of course. :)
TVE3 + my rework. Yes, of course. :)
Is it possible to have more than 1 live TV channel buffering at the same time. I would like to be able to be able to swap between...
Replies
Views
You are right! I have Win7 and it has this option. Thank you for the tip.
You are right! I have Win7 and it has this option. Thank you for the tip.
Today Daylight Saving Time moved the clocks of all my computers one hour towards the summer and MediaPortal stopped all the active...
Replies
Views
Log files?
Log files?
provo a collegare il mio pc al server, ma tutti i tempi, il name became red and the resuolt of the connection be offline and...
Replies
Views
Try Vader Streams
Try Vader Streams
I am having a hard time finding ANY ip tv stations that work in the U.S. Does anyone have any I can try? Single station or m3u's?
Replies
Views
I have 3 of these USB tuners working with WMC. All is well but I cannot stand the WMC interface much anymore. The name of my tuner is ATI Wonder External (black box with tuner card slot but I dont use it). The Win10 OS recognizes it as ATI Wonder opencard tuner USB. I wanted to try MediaPortal 2 for support with portable devices as...
I have 3 of these USB tuners working with WMC. All is well but I cannot stand the WMC interface much anymore. The name of my tuner...
I have 3 of these USB tuners working with WMC. All is well but I cannot stand the WMC interface much anymore. The name of my tuner...
Replies
Views
CyberSimian, Thank you for the reply and yes this is what I was trying to explain. You did help me out in guiding me in the direction that I needed to resolve my audio issue. After doing some searching I found the following program and it resolved my issue. SoundSwitch v2
CyberSimian, Thank you for the reply and yes this is what I was trying to explain. You did help me out in guiding me in the...
I just bought a Yamaha Aventage A860 receiver to replace my old one. All I did was switch out the receivers, reconnected the same...
Replies
Views
Well alrighty then. Guess ill download this and give it a shot. Thanks for the in depth reply, @ajs
Well alrighty then. Guess ill download this and give it a shot. Thanks for the in depth reply, @ajs
Ive been using VLC media player for years and i decided its time to find something a bit more visually....awesome. Also something...
Replies
Views
Hi, I installed MP2 yesterday, with SAF 6 (SAF 6 installed first as it finsihed downloading first). The system plays some test files I have, but the DTS HD Master Audio test file only outputs DTS, and the True HD test file doesn't play any sound at all. The system is a Asrock Core 100HT-BD, connected via HDMI to a Yamaha RX-V487...
Hi, I installed MP2 yesterday, with SAF 6 (SAF 6 installed first as it finsihed downloading first). The system plays some test...
Hi, I installed MP2 yesterday, with SAF 6 (SAF 6 installed first as it finsihed downloading first). The system plays some test...
Replies
Views
Yes. Yes... and if you post in the forum, provide full log files from the server. We won't be able to help without them. TVService.
Yes. Yes... and if you post in the forum, provide full log files from the server. We won't be able to help without them. TVService.
Hi, I have been using MP1 for a while now with a separate PC for the server with tuners (Win 7, home network, hardwire ethernet)...
Replies
Views
Anu: I forgot where I communicated with you about tvportal a couple of days ago. I have your app installed on an iPad mini 5 running iPadOS14.4. It is connected to Mediaportal Server 1.27 on Windows 2012 R2 Server via IIS and Mpextended 0.7. Live TV and recordings play, but: you can't skip forward or back. The time line appears at...
Anu: I forgot where I communicated with you about tvportal a couple of days ago. I have your app installed on an iPad mini 5...
Hello to everyone I hope I am posing this in the correct place, I have tried to find an answer but couldn't find one hence my...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Should I continue DE
Fooling around with DVBViewer Demo a little bit further, I saw that you can explicitly turn on and off Hardware PID filter support with it. And I see that it is vital for reception at least of some channels on 28.2 (e.g. all ITV HD channels). So I wait until TVE 3.5 and give MP another tries then.
Fooling around with DVBViewer Demo a little bit further, I saw that you can explicitly turn on and off Hardware PID filter support...
The "problem" is: I once got it working. This means: I had Mediaportal 1 TV-Server running on WinXP and did a full channel scan...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Recording Nothing DE
Thank you, Will give it a try. Dave
Thank you, Will give it a try. Dave
I have a situation wherein MP shows it is recording a 30min program from a few hours ago and is not recording what it was set to...
Replies
Views
Okay. From this information I gather you're using the title database view. Do those documentaries actually have a series name/title? The point of defining folders is simply to tell MediaPortal where your media is stored. If you store your media in one folder that's fine and you only need to define one folder. Otherwise you'd define...
Okay. From this information I gather you're using the title database view. Do those documentaries actually have a series...
Hi, Really impressed by Mediaportal now that I have it setup. I will definitely donate. One feature that I can't figure out is how...
Replies
Views
I have my tv server running on Virtualbox Windows 10 for a while now, mainly to make it easier to transfer to different hardware when it may crash, Running on Amd FX6300 with 8gb and networktuners only.
I have my tv server running on Virtualbox Windows 10 for a while now, mainly to make it easier to transfer to different hardware...
Is it possible to run MP or MP2 server in a Hyper-V VM? If so, are there any special considerations or requirements I should be...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your help, trying to scan TV channels now.
Thanks for your help, trying to scan TV channels now.
I have just installed MP2 on Win 10, however when I try to configure my tv tuners I get the following error.
Replies
Views
My Yamaha receiver status is showing "Version Error" after firmware updates failed. Tried to update firmware again,but after update status showing "S1-3: 0%", then a message on display showing 'System Error'. Restarted device but same problem. I even to restored default settings and update again, but Version status still...
My Yamaha receiver status is showing "Version Error" after firmware updates failed. Tried to update firmware again,but after...
My Yamaha receiver status is showing "Version Error" after firmware updates failed. Tried to update firmware again,but after...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV Tuner on PC DE
Thanks for the update. I think that Channel mapping is the problem and I will investigate further how to create mappings without a tuner. As I said I am only interested in EPG data. Regarding the big changes I was aware of this and my testing to date has used overseas (to UK) selections. Many thanks again for you help. Have a good one.
Thanks for the update. I think that Channel mapping is the problem and I will investigate further how to create mappings without a...
Noobie Question Alert. Is a TV Tuner card mandatory. I have just started looking at MP2 and trying to extract some TV scheduling...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Server or no server DE
Hello and welcome :) My opinion: it's definitely a good idea to have all your tuners in the server. As you've already identified, this is the best way to avoid double-recordings, re-recordings and having to move media around. Note that unlike WMC which requires one tuner per channel, MP is able to use one tuner to time-shift and/or...
Hello and welcome :) My opinion: it's definitely a good idea to have all your tuners in the server. As you've already identified...
Hi all, I have been using WMC for over 10 years, been looking for a replacement for some time but for some reason never saw any...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom