Remotes (10 Viewers)

For the multiple key presses thing... https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/remote-sending-multiple-commands-usbuirt-mp-v1-5.122087/ For anything else like crashes and buttons not working, please post log files: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files
For the multiple key presses thing...
Hi, I used to run a very old version of MP (maybe 1.1 or 1.2 - can't quite remember) and decided to upgrade my primary HDD to an...
Replies
Views
Hi Mr Viggo, Thanks for that, I have mapped 'Media to the menu button on the harmony shown as follows:- As you now see it greyed out, which means it is mapped to button 'Menu', then I synced as required and test it by pressing 'Menu', still no joy! Any ideas, as what to do next?
Hi Mr Viggo, Thanks for that, I have mapped 'Media to the menu button on the harmony shown as follows:- As you now see it greyed...
Hello, Having now taken up Harmony 650 remote to work with Mediaportal and PowerDVD, and followed various information the WIKI...
Replies
Views
In TV is the action "next channel" mapped...
In TV is the action "next channel" mapped...
I need some help... I'm using Win 7 Ultimate and MP1.7 pre release... After installing a new IR-RC6-Reciever for my logitech...
Replies
Views
Hi, I try to a map key pressed event to a MCE button. I tried ASCII key code for the first field (33 for !) and 27 (Esc) for the second but nothing happens. ! should activate the debug screen while watching tv or video and escape should go back. I see in the log that the event is received and mapped but the which action. [2014-02-23...
Hi, I try to a map key pressed event to a MCE button. I tried ASCII key code for the first field (33 for !) and 27 (Esc) for the...
Hi, I try to a map key pressed event to a MCE button. I tried ASCII key code for the first field (33 for !) and 27 (Esc) for the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Up one directory DE
I got used to using the MCE "Back" button to navigate in and out of folders for videos etc (sage, NPVR, etc). In MePo its previous menu which I'm not finding all that useful (hit green button for top level and go from there is usually faster). Add to that I have hundreds of files in videos and finding the two periods to go back up a...
I got used to using the MCE "Back" button to navigate in and out of folders for videos etc (sage, NPVR, etc). In MePo its previous...
I got used to using the MCE "Back" button to navigate in and out of folders for videos etc (sage, NPVR, etc). In MePo its previous...
Replies
Views
don't know
don't know
I have a HP IR USB receiver and using Harmony remote set as MCE. It installs for Win7 with the default drivers, IRSS is set up, it...
Replies
Views
I am not an expert in the matter since I am using a Harmony remote in combination with Imon which allows me to create buttons at wish. Is there maybe somebody else who could comment?
I am not an expert in the matter since I am using a Harmony remote in combination with Imon which allows me to create buttons at...
Hello all, I am using an MCE remote like shown on the "Microsoft MCE" tab in Mediaportal configuration. However when pressing the...
Replies
Views
I hate it to push, but am I really the only one? Should I try something? Should I attach something? Any other options or ideas? Is that a bug or simply a user error?
I hate it to push, but am I really the only one? Should I try something? Should I attach something? Any other options or ideas? Is...
Hello people! Clean install of MP1.6 Following issue: when watching TV or films like .ts, .mkv or similar, I can not use my X10...
Replies
Views
Hi megahorst, thank you for steppin' in! Ok, I will remove everything and unpack/install only the driver and cecremote plugin. EDIT 2: it's solved and works now! I removed the tray app and - I guess this was the biggest problem - connected the adapter to a USB2.0 instead of 3.0 port (Had not seen this yesterday evening in the dark) ;)
Hi megahorst, thank you for steppin' in! Ok, I will remove everything and unpack/install only the driver and cecremote plugin...
Hi guys, I have installed the USB CEC adapter from pulse eight but have some issues with it: in MePo, I get some navigation sounds...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 SerialUIR still working? (2 Viewers) DE
Hi, i just bought an IRman compatible IR receiver and got it working with WinLIRC+EventGhost. But i was hoping to get it to work directly with Mediaportal to not require 27 other programs, configurations, points of failures,... From what I understand, this is what SerialUIR is for, from the config text box it seems to work with the...
Hi, i just bought an IRman compatible IR receiver and got it working with WinLIRC+EventGhost. But i was hoping to get it to work...
Hi, i just bought an IRman compatible IR receiver and got it working with WinLIRC+EventGhost. But i was hoping to get it to work...
Replies
Views
Fixed! In a nutshell, apparently MP1.6 will not listen to Message Plugin (or EventGhostPlus either, if you use that). The fix is to use a patched MediaPortal.exe. Further discussion and patch download here; https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/eventghostplus.113463/page-19#post-1051142
Fixed! In a nutshell, apparently MP1.6 will not listen to Message Plugin (or EventGhostPlus either, if you use that). The fix is...
Hi My extended remote buttons have stopped working (e.g. MyTV, Guide amongst others). Up until a few days ago I had these working...
Replies
Views
I just moved from BTV and my current setup is almost complete. I used Firefly mini with the Firefly USB IR receiver. The directional keys and number keys are working. However, I am unable to achieve any functionality beyond that. I found a forum that was supposed to map the X10 other to Firefly mini. I changed the remote in Media...
I just moved from BTV and my current setup is almost complete. I used Firefly mini with the Firefly USB IR receiver. The...
I just moved from BTV and my current setup is almost complete. I used Firefly mini with the Firefly USB IR receiver. The...
Replies
Views
A little more info, exiting MediaPortal and the remote definitely work in Windows. The starting MP and volume worked normally for a brief time, then back to normal. Strange issue. I also upgraded to 1.6 to see if that solved it but no good. I saw another thread that mentioned removing the receiver and device then restarting and...
A little more info, exiting MediaPortal and the remote definitely work in Windows. The starting MP and volume worked normally for...
i've come back to MP after a few years so this is the first time i've installed it on this computer Win7 Pro 64 MP 1.5.0 clean...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 USB UIRT Standby DE
Thanks. I've started using power scheduler and it's working well enough. I might look at IRSS if I encounter similar remote related issues. :)
Thanks. I've started using power scheduler and it's working well enough. I might look at IRSS if I encounter similar remote...
I have an interesting problem. I have a USB UIRT and a Harmony One. I have the Harmony One configured as an MCE remote and use...
Replies
Views
Just checked for you :). Activating CapsLock on my HTPC remote keyboard yields the behavior that you described: pressing "1" on the remote is interpreted as "Shift-1" and I am getting the curves on the TV screen. Now I don't think that Soundgraph is to be blamed. From the programme logics Windows is indeed receiving a keystroke and...
Just checked for you :). Activating CapsLock on my HTPC remote keyboard yields the behavior that you described: pressing "1" on...
I use iMON in MCE mode with the built-in IR from my VF310 display. Thus I can use iMON manager to map some remote keys to keyboard...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am new to MP and I am puzzled. I am running Windows 8.1 64bit, the newest MP version (1.6.0 final). I got a Logitech Harmony Touch and bought an AEOne USB-IR receiver (OVU411000/00) using the "Microsoft Windows Media Center" profile. When I installed MP it worked quite well - even though some buttons where badly...
Hi everyone, I am new to MP and I am puzzled. I am running Windows 8.1 64bit, the newest MP version (1.6.0 final). I got a...
Hi everyone, I am new to MP and I am puzzled. I am running Windows 8.1 64bit, the newest MP version (1.6.0 final). I got a...
Replies
Views
I just had to do this for 1.6 Pre-Release...
I just had to do this for 1.6 Pre-Release...
I am using an SL-6399 remote as the MCE ones are no longer easy to come by. The Keyboardinputplugin v2 was workng perfectly with...
Replies
Views
Did know the trick, didnt think yo use it! Thanks for the reminder :) The remote does work so its time for plan B! Ill work around with my F710 & wireless keyboard on the HTPC for now, maybe by an actual Apple remote for the MacBook later (im still looking for other remotes confirmed working but no luck so far) Those threads on EG...
Did know the trick, didnt think yo use it! Thanks for the reminder :) The remote does work so its time for plan B! Ill work around...
Hello, I run a MP 1.5 TV client on my MacBook Pro (running Win7 x64) which has a built-in IR receiver (drivers installed). I also...
Replies
Views
Hi, this just worked for me as well, had the problem after upgrading the drivers. My issue was a little harder to solve though as I have a case IR receiver, and a usb keyboard and the blackgold IR, and my my is tiny, so unplugging them wasn't an option. What I did was randomly disable devices in device manager, then switched the...
Hi, this just worked for me as well, had the problem after upgrading the drivers. My issue was a little harder to solve though as...
Hello Today I bought a USB MCE Remote and had a bit of a kerfuffle getting all the buttons working (buttons like guide, back and...
Replies
Views
No prob - here you go. But I think it's more related to soundgraph but to MP. Also - just have seen the leg level was onyl informational - so doubt there is anything usefull there ...
No prob - here you go. But I think it's more related to soundgraph but to MP. Also - just have seen the leg level was onyl...
Aynone else having issus with 8.1 - MP - Soundgraph? since I have upgraded the Remote is not working anymore - well - partially it...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your detailed help there! I did finally get the Harmony to work with that receiver.
Thanks for your detailed help there! I did finally get the Harmony to work with that receiver.
Just bought an HP MCE remote on eBay because I thought it was one of the remotes recommended to work with MP "out of the box"...
Replies
Views
In case this helps anyone else. I downloaded WinPatrol and noticed that i had 2 instances of mptray in the startup menu. I removed both and then added a new entry and now MPTray opens on system reboot. Thanks to you guys for helping me out.
In case this helps anyone else. I downloaded WinPatrol and noticed that i had 2 instances of mptray in the startup menu. I removed...
Hi, i apologize up front for posting another of these threads but i'm stuck after reading loads of other threads. I have the same...
Replies
Views
I figured it out. For anyone else that wants to get this done here is what I did: Locate the Microsoft MCE.xml and open it in notepad <button name="My Pictures" code="73"> <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="WINDOW" cmdproperty="9811" sound="click.wav" /> </button> <button name="My...
I figured it out. For anyone else that wants to get this done here is what I did: Locate the Microsoft MCE.xml and open it in...
Is there a way to change what Mediaportal does when I press the MyVideos on my MCE Remote? I want it to take me to the...
Replies
Views
There used to be, but I could not find it this time. I added the Microsoft Windows Media Center and it works as expected:-)
There used to be, but I could not find it this time. I added the Microsoft Windows Media Center and it works as expected:-)
The last five years I have used a harmony 555 set up as an Microsoft Windows Media Center and it has worked perfectly. To day my...
Replies
Views
The power button on your remote will perform the action that is defined under control panel -> power options -> power button action. So if you make the computers powerbutton sleep, then the remote's power button will also sleep, etc.
The power button on your remote will perform the action that is defined under control panel -> power options -> power button...
Hi, Is there anyway to assign a single remote button command to immediately shutdown the computer from Media Portal? The ones I've...
Replies
Views
If you are using "audio pass through", then volume is not able to be controlled using the PC and must be adjusted on the audio receiver.
If you are using "audio pass through", then volume is not able to be controlled using the PC and must be adjusted on the audio...
Hei Just bought a used remote (original Microsoft) because the other chinese one that I had wouldn't operate the numerical buttons...
Replies
Views
I like the MePo option to have increasing step sizes if you press left/right multiple time but also miss the small backwards step. My workaround is doing the following left/right = 30, 60, 120, 180, etc up/down = 7 if I overshoot skipping a commercial, I press down to walk back -7 secs at a time
I like the MePo option to have increasing step sizes if you press left/right multiple time but also miss the small backwards step...
When I press the up and down arrows while I am watching a video it skips (forward or backward 5 mins or something). Is there a way...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to get the serial UIR interface to Work. But i have some trouble to make it work right. I use a UART <->USB cable connected to a AVR µP (Atmel ATmega16). I have tested the software I have made for the AVR in realterm and seem to send correct commands to the pc. During setup of serial UIR the learning process seem to...
Hi I am trying to get the serial UIR interface to Work. But i have some trouble to make it work right. I use a UART <->USB cable...
Hi I am trying to get the serial UIR interface to Work. But i have some trouble to make it work right. I use a UART <->USB cable...
Replies
Views
The thing was, the remote appeared to be working because the TV power (programmed) was working. The other buttons however weren't. I'd say it's a bug with these remotes as this isn't my first MCE RC6 remote that this has happened to. All working now thankfully. I'd been meaning to perform a reinstall at some point anyway so not all...
The thing was, the remote appeared to be working because the TV power (programmed) was working. The other buttons however weren't...
Hi All Is anybody else having issues with their MCE remote all of a sudden stopped working? Can put my finger on it, other than I...
Replies
Views
Well I guess ill just go ahead and use media portal so I can increase my chances of getting proper help.Could someone just post a link to a tutorial that will show me all I need to do to get irss setup with my hp wmc remote and receiver.http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/3_IRSS_(IR_Server_Suite)#Usage_Guides. Im gonna use this page to...
Well I guess ill just go ahead and use media portal so I can increase my chances of getting proper help.Could someone just post a...
I will b using this guide to setup my remote and receiver.http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/60/68/110/article.asp. I have a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom