Remotes (9 Viewers)

There has been a problem with WMC RC6 IR receivers for years. :eek: The problem that was consistently reported on www.TheGreenButton.tv was that of the IR receiver malfunctioning on wake from sleep or wake from hibernation. No one ever found a solution, but only some people encountered the problem. The cause may be due to some...
There has been a problem with WMC RC6 IR receivers for years. :eek: The problem that was consistently reported on...
my ir reciver stop working. i cant see it anymore in computer managment under USB controllers. i tried rear and front usb hubs. is...
Replies
Views
Review is up: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/flirc-mediaportal-review.135158/ Will add more if something comes to mind :) Should have placed it in this sub-forum instead of the parent one but oh well :P
Review is up: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/flirc-mediaportal-review.135158/ Will add more if something comes to...
Apolgies if this has been answered somewhere, but I can't find it, and the config gui is very confusing. Mother is visiting and I...
Replies
Views
Wiki updated.
Wiki updated.
Hi Everyone, I have my MP 1.13 installation setup to use an HID remote (Logitech Harmony 700 emulating a Microsoft Media Centre...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HID - Power Button DE
Thanks have tried this already and it does not work :-( System Specs updated now ;-)
Thanks have tried this already and it does not work :-( System Specs updated now ;-)
How to I found which key is mapped for my Harmony Remote "Power Button" inside the HID Mapping? If I open the Mapping I don't find...
Replies
Views
Confirmed, your rar files ain't opening dude, either with winrar or 7zip, if they're supposed to, it's got me stumped.
Confirmed, your rar files ain't opening dude, either with winrar or 7zip, if they're supposed to, it's got me stumped.
Hey i have a little problem... I'm not sure if it's related to newest Mediaportal or Windows 7 x64... But the problem is that all...
Replies
Views
Here are a few details regarding my recent success with using EventGhost to handle the IR input from my remote and eliminate unwanted key repeats. Hopefully this will prove useful to others with a similar issue: I recently upgraded my HTPC to an i5 after an number of years using MePo v1 on a Core Duo. Although this was a fantastic...
Here are a few details regarding my recent success with using EventGhost to handle the IR input from my remote and eliminate...
Here are a few details regarding my recent success with using EventGhost to handle the IR input from my remote and eliminate...
Replies
Views
So you expect MP to maximize when you hit the green button? It could be that it works when you are not abusing/testing it. I know Windows requires special capabilities for application to manipulate the UI at will. I already mentioned that in this other thread...
So you expect MP to maximize when you hit the green button? It could be that it works when you are not abusing/testing it. I know...
Hello Forum I use Windows 10, MediaPortal 1.13.0, Harmony Remote with profil Microsoft Remote Control 1040, RC6 USB reciever...
Replies
Views
Again, you're very welcome, and I'm happy we have a good outcome. :)
Again, you're very welcome, and I'm happy we have a good outcome. :)
Hi, I've just upgraded my Mediaportal from 1.12 to 1.14 and for some reason I cannot get the Info button to bring up the...
Replies
Views
So maybe the IRTrans server simply wasn't running. We'll never know. I do see what you mean, however the answer to your question is no. It couldn't be that. MP's IRTrans port setting definitely has not changed. At least it works now. :)
So maybe the IRTrans server simply wasn't running. We'll never know. I do see what you mean, however the answer to your question...
I need some help I have opgraded from an old 1.0.3 version (I think it was) on XP to an 1.14.0 version on Win7 and now my remote...
Replies
Views
Thanks All - family has been in the way of progressing this and I've had to downgrade to the previous version of Mepo (so glad that's supported!) to avoid Screaming-six-year-old-twins Syndrome. I'll revisit this at a later date when I can try an upgrade again with enough time to dedicate to getting it to work. So apologies for...
Thanks All - family has been in the way of progressing this and I've had to downgrade to the previous version of Mepo (so glad...
Hi All, Just upgraded from 1.12 to 1.14 and now a whole load of buttons aren't working on my remote :( This is one of the old...
Replies
Views
Galaxy S6 with ColorTigers AnyMote app. Runs IR commands (also via the Global Cache IP2IR for a no-IR tablet) and also drives my Home Automation using TCP/IP. What's not to like. Used to have a Home Theatre MX-500 for everything, but the contacts starting giving out so had to find something else - sticking it on the mobile seemed...
Galaxy S6 with ColorTigers AnyMote app. Runs IR commands (also via the Global Cache IP2IR for a no-IR tablet) and also drives my...
My last "Firefly" (RF) remote died. It seems like "MCE" remotes are scarse these days, also, I'd prefer not to have an ugly...
Replies
Views
That's what I thought. Many thanks for trying it out. I'm not sure how this was taken care of before in the legacy MCE handler. This functionality should be added back in MP Tray.
That's what I thought. Many thanks for trying it out. I'm not sure how this was taken care of before in the legacy MCE handler...
I start with MP1 minimised on my HTPC. With version 1.12.0 I can pick up my remote and press Recordings, Live TV, Guide etc and it...
Replies
Views
Okay, I understand. In that context a "time out" generally means that IRSS is receiving zero or invalid input from the receiver. These are all sensible things to try/check. (y) For learning, my understanding is that you should only have to press the remote button once. There should be no need to hold it down longer than you normally...
Okay, I understand. In that context a "time out" generally means that IRSS is receiving zero or invalid input from the receiver...
My Setup - Media Portal 1 (1.13.0) Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 HP OEM Windows Media Center HTPC MCE PC RC6 IR Remote Control &...
Replies
Views
Great. :) No, me neither. ...and actually, I thought the MP Control plugin should have worked with MCE remotes straight out of the box without mapping/whatever. It's almost like the remote is generating non-standard commands. Very, very strange. You're so welcome! :) I'm happy to have been able to help, and that you got a solution...
Great. :) No, me neither. ...and actually, I thought the MP Control plugin should have worked with MCE remotes straight out of the...
My MCE remote no longer works. Win8.1 MP 1.13 MCE remote. Was working, but suddenly stopped. I have checked MP 1.13 config and...
Replies
Views
I have test some things, i put the original one and it works, so i changed this... <HidHandler version="1"> <HidUsageAction UsagePage="Consumer" UsageCollection="ConsumerControl" HandleHidEventsWhileInBackground="true"> <HidUsageAction UsagePage="WindowsMediaCenterRemoteControl" UsageCollection="WindowsMediaCenterRemoteControl"...
I have test some things, i put the original one and it works, so i changed this... <HidHandler version="1"> <HidUsageAction...
Hello com, after the mp1.13 final some buttons won't worm like bevor. I habe for example To buttons on my touch remote, with this...
Replies
Views
As stated above you should be able to fix it yourself by removing actions from volume and mute buttons from HID mapping.
As stated above you should be able to fix it yourself by removing actions from volume and mute buttons from HID mapping.
Hi, Just installed new HTPC on Win 10 64 bit with MCE remote, IRSS blaster and MP 1.14.0 pre. All works well, except the operating...
Replies
Views
At least one of Inteset's remotes is actually made by One-for-All; I think that it is the INT-422: http://shop.inteset.com/ir_remote_control_device_setup_code_search The significance of this is that if you purchase a special cable, you can program the remote using the freeware RMIR tool available from www.hifi-remote.com. The...
At least one of Inteset's remotes is actually made by One-for-All; I think that it is the INT-422...
I need to pick up an MCE remote/receiver and was wondering if the Compro K300 was plug and play with MediaPortal . Does it work as...
Replies
Views
This is what "away mode" is intended to avoid. But I think that the default for a new installation of Windows is "disabled", so it needs to be enabled explicitly. (PowerScheduler probably does this.) Also, I don't remember what the default definition is for the sleep button in the power plan. If the default is "shutdown", that...
This is what "away mode" is intended to avoid. But I think that the default for a new installation of Windows is "disabled", so it...
Hi, i have a problem getting my logitech harmony touch fully work with mediaportal. up; down; left; right; select; channel up...
Replies
Views
Yes if you have the remote pictured above that is what you should do.
Yes if you have the remote pictured above that is what you should do.
Greetings to all, I have spent a few hours messing with MediaPortal, moving on from WMC due to loss of channel guide and removal...
Replies
Views
hi, thanks for the answers, especially CyberSimian. Enabling HID made the volume controls/mute/next/pause/prev work. actually most of the buttons do work except "home" Used my workstation (Linux) to test the kays, the "home" is detected as "homepage" , then the one above, detected as "menu" and the upmost centered button, with...
hi, thanks for the answers, especially CyberSimian. Enabling HID made the volume controls/mute/next/pause/prev work. actually...
Minix NEO A2 is a great remote, but there are a few bumps in the road, there are 3 more buttons I'd like to make use of - and maybe...
Replies
Views
Just wanted to say that I ordered a flirc (standard usb). I read that wakeup is possible (https://flirc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200904676-Getting-flirc-to-wake-up-your-computer) if your motherboard supports wake on usb. Most boards does this, I believe this is also the way iMon wakes up the PC (iMon is my current remote-solution).
Just wanted to say that I ordered a flirc (standard usb). I read that wakeup is possible...
Just wondered if anyone else had tried flirc.tv? Looks like an interesting programmable remote receiver, works across platforms...
Replies
Views
I have un-installed the iMon software and find the remote operates just the same as it did with the iMon s/w. The front view display does not show any information other than the current time in the (awful) default font - I can live without front view working. It would be good to get the full functionality using the RC6 remote (I have...
I have un-installed the iMon software and find the remote operates just the same as it did with the iMon s/w. The front view...
Hi Guys Took the plunge on the HTPC to go to windows 10 (was suffering bad tearing on win 7 and netflix) all was working well on a...
Replies
Views
5E is TeletextBlue and looking in the XML the default action is still "aspect ratio" but for TV fullscreen is does "autozap" whatever that is.
5E is TeletextBlue and looking in the XML the default action is still "aspect ratio" but for TV fullscreen is does "autozap"...
I noticed that the UP key on my Harmony One was changed from 'Aspect Ratio' to 'ZapChannel' for Fullscreen TV. Not sure if that's...
Replies
Views
So far we couldn't even find out which one shows up as ehome device. He has an inbuild receiver and put on an external usb receiver.
So far we couldn't even find out which one shows up as ehome device. He has an inbuild receiver and put on an external usb receiver.
Hi, i have a Problem with mediaportal 1.12 running with Windows 10 and an RC6 IR with MCE remote device It's a simple MCE remote...
Replies
Views
I'm adding place holders for the missing buttons so that they can be customized from the UI. It should be part of the changes for https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4658
I'm adding place holders for the missing buttons so that they can be customized from the UI. It should be part of the changes for...
Hi, Noticed that MCE IR is deprecated in favor of the new HID solution starting 1.12 however missing at least one mapping...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to configure my xbox360 controllers analog sticks? I can't seem to find the option, but maybe I'm just dumb...
Is it possible to configure my xbox360 controllers analog sticks? I can't seem to find the option, but maybe I'm just dumb...
Replies
Views
Great! :D Hmmm, odd. That shouldn't happen.
Great! :D Hmmm, odd. That shouldn't happen.
Hi all! I'm moving to MP due to MS screwing up my channels/guide in WMC. So far everything in MP has been a breeze to setup. I...
Replies
Views
I use this old driver and it's work fine !! http://www.medion.com/gb/service/_lightbox/treiber_details.php?did=4647&hgt=1285 file : remote_x10.exe
I use this old driver and it's work fine !! http://www.medion.com/gb/service/_lightbox/treiber_details.php?did=4647&hgt=1285 file ...
Just for information in MediaPortal 1.12 the link for x10 dirver are not avalable and it's very difficult to find
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Power settings DE
From my various experiences with standby issues: -check bios which devices are allowed to turn on pc (wireless mouse/keyboard?) -check energy setting of your network device (preferred only wakeup by magic packet) -disable EPG idle grabber at TVServer Setup (this prevents standby on my htpc)
From my various experiences with standby issues: -check bios which devices are allowed to turn on pc (wireless mouse/keyboard?)...
I've just installed MP on a home built HTPC and I'm not sure if I have configured the power options correctly. I'm running win8.1...
Replies
Views
As you may have missed, I said to the OP that I was interested in the support the OP got, and wasn't outright asking for support myself. I saw the OPs post and made a little comment on it, that's all. Many thanks, have never heard of that setting before. I must admit I did not believe the problem affected everything in MP, but...
As you may have missed, I said to the OP that I was interested in the support the OP got, and wasn't outright asking for support...
Hello, I have Comskip setup on my MP 1.9 client, along with Argus TV. When I press the skip button on my MCE remote it skips two...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom