General Support (164 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
MP1 MP2 Burning problems DE
I have a problem with the burning option on one computer(with two Pioneer dvd burners)i click on the burning tag but nothing happens. On my other pc where i have one burner (hp)i all works well. can onyone help me for this topic?THANKS
I have a problem with the burning option on one computer(with two Pioneer dvd burners)i click on the burning tag but nothing...
I have a problem with the burning option on one computer(with two Pioneer dvd burners)i click on the burning tag but nothing...
Replies
Views
You mentioned satellite set top box? Do you have a tv capture card in your computer or are you feeding signal from set top box to a video capture card. If the former go Setup menu->Television->Cature card->Auto tune. If the latter I think you can only feed in the signal you have tuned on your Set top box.
You mentioned satellite set top box? Do you have a tv capture card in your computer or are you feeding signal from set top box to a...
Hi, I have been spending some hours now trying to find channels, but I am unable to get either antenna signals or signals from my...
Replies
Views
A
{sorry for my english} Any update about Sweetspot with mediaportal. I cannot record the tv. Please, give me a hand. Thanks Carlo
{sorry for my english} Any update about Sweetspot with mediaportal. I cannot record the tv. Please, give me a hand. Thanks...
I am trying to use the PluggedIn.tv Sweetspot grabber-card, which should now be natively supported by MP. But, with no luck...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Is there a way to use Media Portal with the DCT6412 from Comcast? I have it correctly installed, I have a tuner and panel device under XP. I can use CAPDVHS and VLC and watch live TV on my PC but I would prefer to use Media Portal. Did anyone get it to work? TIA
Hi All, Is there a way to use Media Portal with the DCT6412 from Comcast? I have it correctly installed, I have a tuner and...
Hi All, Is there a way to use Media Portal with the DCT6412 from Comcast? I have it correctly installed, I have a tuner and...
Replies
Views
Have a look at PVR Scheduler - I think that will do all that you are seeking.... :)
Have a look at PVR Scheduler - I think that will do all that you are seeking.... :)
Umm... yeah.. so where does it save it? I tried looking in my video folders to no avail.
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DVD chapter jumping DE
Hi, when I watch a DVD, stored on the HD as ISO or extracted DVD files, it happens from time to time (after 20-40 min), that the chapter jumps to another one in future. Just before that the mouse pointer is shown for a short time. I didn't find any entry inside the log file. Any ideas how to find out why this happens? (Latest...
Hi, when I watch a DVD, stored on the HD as ISO or extracted DVD files, it happens from time to time (after 20-40 min), that the...
Hi, when I watch a DVD, stored on the HD as ISO or extracted DVD files, it happens from time to time (after 20-40 min), that the...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the reply wishywashy. I actually used the Setup program to get the Program Guide. I noticed that when you make the configuration file, it asks you for the offset not your timezone! So what I did was put 0000 for the offset and just went from there. Zap2it has your timezone set already and I think it sends your...
Thanks for the reply wishywashy. I actually used the Setup program to get the Program Guide. I noticed that when you make the...
Hi guys. I'm trying to setup the program guide using xmltv but for some reason it just doesn't work right. I followed all the...
Replies
Views
DVB-S2 uses different modulation than DVB-S to extend the bandwitdh of a channel. (e.g. 8PSK instead of QPSK) So it is very unlikely that an old DVB-S board will support DVB-S2. Unless you use a software demodulator :-) you have to wait until suitable boards are available. Michael
DVB-S2 uses different modulation than DVB-S to extend the bandwitdh of a channel. (e.g. 8PSK instead of QPSK) So it is very...
will the new HDTV Channels of Pro7 and Sat1, broadcast beginning this afternoon be Supported by the SkyStar 2...
Replies
Views
Hi, your HW should be enough. Tried different codecs in MP? You can set these in Setup->DVD, Setup->Movies. Try thos provided with MP (MPEG2Dec and MP2/AC3/...). Very strange problem indeed. You may run a memtest: http://hcidesign.com/memtest/download.html Flip.
Hi, your HW should be enough. Tried different codecs in MP? You can set these in Setup->DVD, Setup->Movies. Try thos provided...
I have no clue what is causing my problem, can anyone point me into the right direction?! I have installed PowerDVD6 and MP...
Replies
Views
Probably impractical to adopt your suiggestion as the Primary monitor is for my PC running at 1600*1200 whereas the TV as secondary monitor will only go to 1024*768 max. The TV is actually in a different room wired back to my PC so as to pick up digital TV from my TV Card onto a terrestial set. I've come to the conclusion that...
Probably impractical to adopt your suiggestion as the Primary monitor is for my PC running at 1600*1200 whereas the TV as secondary...
I am using a Radeon Sapphire 9550 Graphics card and Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T PCI with MP 0.2.0 RC2 and an external TV set connected...
Replies
Views
Hi, i am from germany so not much help from me here. :) Afaik DVB-T (digital / terestrial) is coming in sweden. There should be a homepage where you can see, if you can already receive DVB-T in your region. Try to google for e.g. "sweden DVB-T region". Often analog and DVB-T work parallel some time. Unfortunalty your current...
Hi, i am from germany so not much help from me here. :) Afaik DVB-T (digital / terestrial) is coming in sweden. There should...
Hi there! Sorry for the bad topic, but it is hard to explain. I've bought myself a Packard Bell Fast Media Remote control to be...
Replies
Views
Hi Orlroc, As I suggested it my be worth buying the real MCE remote. As it works without problems with MP and then you have the real remote if any extra button learning is required. Here in Switzerland they only cost CHF 42.-, which I don't think is very much for a remote, receiver and two IR blasters. Cheers, /James
Hi Orlroc, As I suggested it my be worth buying the real MCE remote. As it works without problems with MP and then you have...
Hi to all! I have installed mp some day ago, and now i've would to use my remote (a philips pronto 890) with an usb-irda...
Replies
Views
Hi, if you have the silver remote, you can use the small program listed in the following thread http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6574. It captures the keypresses of the silver remote and maps them to MP keypresses. The black USB remote will not work. It would be handy to continue this...
Hi, if you have the silver remote, you can use the small program listed in the following thread...
I can't get the Philips 7133/4 to work with Media Portal. I got it working for like a minute when pressing Next/prev channel...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Full screen TV? DE
Hi, on keyboard it is the "x" key. Flip.
Hi, on keyboard it is the "x" key. Flip.
Ok I might be stupid or something, but how do I get fullscreen image on My TV with Media Portal? I can't seem to enlarge it to max.
Replies
Views
Hi, I showed the list for supportet TV-Cards here and for DVB-C are not so much available, so i tuck the Twinhan VisionDTV Mini Cab Modell 2021. Now i have that card here, but i doesn´t works correct. Under the TwinhanDTV Software the channel scan found nothing. If i put the MHz and Symbolrate manualy in, then I found some...
Hi, I showed the list for supportet TV-Cards here and for DVB-C are not so much available, so i tuck the Twinhan VisionDTV Mini...
Hi, I showed the list for supportet TV-Cards here and for DVB-C are not so much available, so i tuck the Twinhan VisionDTV Mini...
Replies
Views
Many thanks *** archimede*** ...why didnt i think of winamp? That plugin works great, just like i want it. now its time to go further and configure my TV card :) Thanks for all help !
Many thanks *** archimede*** ...why didnt i think of winamp? That plugin works great, just like i want it. now its time to go...
Is there a way to just show the album cover art without the sliding in visualization when using WMP10 in Mymusic? If i turn off...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi all, After months of trying to purchase a copy of MCE I managed it, but then realised I prefer Media Portal, it rules!! I'm part way through setting it up and am really pleased with it. Obviously it is not possible to stream all the channels from my NTL set top box via an arial lead so it appears i'll have to run my cable...
Hi all, After months of trying to purchase a copy of MCE I managed it, but then realised I prefer Media Portal, it rules!! I'm...
Hi all, After months of trying to purchase a copy of MCE I managed it, but then realised I prefer Media Portal, it rules!! I'm...
Replies
Views
here is those mediaportal.log card1: pvr150 - prio 10 card2: pvr150mce - prio 8 25.10.2005 14:08:03 Mediaportal is starting up 25.10.2005 14:08:03 Set current directory to :C:\Programme\MediaPortal 25.10.2005 14:08:03 verify that directx 9 is installed 25.10.2005 14:08:03 verify that windows mediaplayer 9 or 10 is...
here is those mediaportal.log card1: pvr150 - prio 10 card2: pvr150mce - prio 8 25.10.2005 14:08:03 Mediaportal is starting...
Just wondering if this card will work with Mediaportal under normal Windows XP? (not XP MCE)? Also are there any issues with...
Replies
Views
Hello, First I wanted to start with the compliments, of this nice peace of software. But I try, for 5 weeks now, my sound working on the TV with my PCTV USB2.0. I run version with MP 0.1.3.0, the TV screen works fine, but as I said without sounds. I try to give much information as possible: I ran version 0.1.1.0 before and...
Hello, First I wanted to start with the compliments, of this nice peace of software. But I try, for 5 weeks now, my sound...
Hello, First I wanted to start with the compliments, of this nice peace of software. But I try, for 5 weeks now, my sound...
Replies
Views
A
Hello Did you get it to work?? If yes. then how. Regards René
Hello Did you get it to work?? If yes. then how. Regards René
but with green monochrome picture..... :cry: Tried different codecs including Intervideo, butt ffdshow is the only one that...
Replies
Views
No issues - will run like a champ. You may want to look thru the archives for the stress Test I performed which included at one point 2-150's 2-250's 1and2 500's in any and all combinations - ages - and have never had an issue. Try getting MCE to do that ;) Good Luck Critifer
No issues - will run like a champ. You may want to look thru the archives for the stress Test I performed which included at one...
I seem to remember a few posts on problems with mixing different hauppage cards, so i thought id ask whether or not using a 500MCE...
Replies
Views
You just enable it in the config program. Worth playing with some of the options there. I've not seen any menu options for it in the main MP app - you config it in the config app and it does its thing. You need to make sure that Window's own power management is set to never, or else you'll find windows putting your PC into standby...
You just enable it in the config program. Worth playing with some of the options there. I've not seen any menu options for it...
MP Version: 0.2.0 Skin: default Windows Version: XP SP2 CPU Type: P4 3.6 Memory: 512 MB Video Card: ATI X800 Pro Video Card...
Replies
Views
quite a lot :wink:
quite a lot :wink:
Area: EPG / XMLTV plugin MP Version: 0.2 Skin: Default Windows Version: XP Pro, SP2 CPU Type: AMD Athlon 2800 Memory: 512k...
Replies
Views
H
I hate to do a "me too" message, but I have encountered this problem as well, with a CVS from last week, and a 150mce card. It seems to happen about 15 to 30 minutes after watching TV. Funny thing is however, that yesterday we recorded a movie, almost 2 hours lenght, and that went without any problem. Also watching the recording...
I hate to do a "me too" message, but I have encountered this problem as well, with a CVS from last week, and a 150mce card. It...
Hi, Just downloaded the latest CVS mediaportal-cvs-08-19-2005--14-08 and seem to get a popup banner on My Tv saying "no signal...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 plugins DE
everything scoop said is correct, but... most of the plugins already ship with mp. All you have to do is enter setup (F2), go to plugins and activate it in order to see it in the home menu. Most of the plugin need to be set up themselves ( select. and press setup button) for example my recipies, my burner, my explorer, my news...
everything scoop said is correct, but... most of the plugins already ship with mp. All you have to do is enter setup (F2), go to...
hi as a new member,how are plugins added to mediaportal sheppy
Replies
Views
Anyone?
Anyone?
I have a Hauppauge TV card, which I use to capture the video from my topbox. Some channels are broadcasted via cable and not via...
Replies
Views
Ok, I will switch to version 0.1.3.0 to stay on the safe side. Thx Dman for your input. Keep up the good work. MediaPortal rocks !!
Ok, I will switch to version 0.1.3.0 to stay on the safe side. Thx Dman for your input. Keep up the good work. MediaPortal rocks !!
Does this tv card work with mediaPortal?
Replies
Views
Hi there! I own this "TV-Card": http://www.sunsway.com.hk/products/usb-tv-big-fm.html It is a box and not integrated as others are. I bought it cheap and I want to ask you if it works before I am going to buy a new one. Actually I dont really know a thing about the "card" but it worked OK. So.... does this work for Media...
Hi there! I own this "TV-Card": http://www.sunsway.com.hk/products/usb-tv-big-fm.html It is a box and not integrated as...
Hi there! I own this "TV-Card": http://www.sunsway.com.hk/products/usb-tv-big-fm.html It is a box and not integrated as...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Tearing and DVB EPG DE
Wouldn't you get a better respose by posting on the test forum? http://mediaportal.elite-squad.net/forum/index.php? If you can catch some of the lead developers on IRC maybe you could talk with them about it?
Wouldn't you get a better respose by posting on the test forum? http://mediaportal.elite-squad.net/forum/index.php? If you can...
Hi First off, Im very pleased with MediaPortal. However a few issues have snug up the last couple of months. I update and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 WebBrowser in MP DE
Cool beans! :D Mike
Cool beans! :D Mike
I just started using MP and wanted to know if there was a way to have a webbrowser in MP, thanks!
Replies
Views
Top Bottom