General Support (183 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
update: well after several tryes i've noticed that codecs are totaly screwed up in media portal... All another video players works well, but in mp i see a green screen.... At this point i'm very close to format this damn machine (hmm maybe it's time to test winx 64 bit :P ) Update n°2: oh well. i've installed winxp64bit so...
update: well after several tryes i've noticed that codecs are totaly screwed up in media portal... All another video players...
MP Version: 0.1.3/0.2.0 Skin: All skins Windows Version: WinXp pro sp2 CPU Type: Amd athlon 64bit 3200+ Memory: 1024mb ddr 400...
Replies
Views
I don't have the latest drivers installed. I will try that this evening and report back. Thanks.
I don't have the latest drivers installed. I will try that this evening and report back. Thanks.
I've just installed 0.2.0 RC1 and I have a pvr-150 with the 45 button remote. I've enabled the remote support option in the setup...
Replies
Views
I did make a copy so I have repalced it and it seems to be working fine now. I also did all the other steps you listed as well. The weird thing is it ran great for like a week after I applied the CVS and then it just stopped.
I did make a copy so I have repalced it and it seems to be working fine now. I also did all the other steps you listed as well...
Well I had MP all up and running for about a month. Then all of a sudden I don't have any picture when I go to fullscreen in TV...
Replies
Views
Glad to help.
Glad to help.
I accidently pressed the button to grab the music information from the internet. Now some of my music folders are replaced by the...
Replies
Views
At last I got it to work. Had to unregister all other codecs. Now playback of mpeg2 files uses about 30%-50% CPU. The nVidia codec really made a difference. 750MHz seems to be enogh if only the hardware is configured to be used.
At last I got it to work. Had to unregister all other codecs. Now playback of mpeg2 files uses about 30%-50% CPU. The nVidia...
Area: Other MP Version: 0.1.2.0 Skin: Blue 2 Windows Version: XP SP2 CPU Type: AMD 750MHz Memory: 500Mb Motherboard...
Replies
Views
once you rip, you'll also want to search the forum for daemontools, which auto-mounts the iso's for you to play. this seems to be the way the dev's have chosen to support this, although integrated iso file system support would be more optimal(ala the way video lan client does it)
once you rip, you'll also want to search the forum for daemontools, which auto-mounts the iso's for you to play. this seems to...
I'm looking ot use mediaportal to create a database of my DVD's and then also load them onto a hard drive. While browsing the...
Replies
Views
Cool it works now. Thx to all ^_^
Cool it works now. Thx to all ^_^
Hi is it possible to start media portal by pressing tv button on mce remote? (i'm using windows xp pro sp2) I've checked around...
Replies
Views
I've found a fix for this problem... I noticed from the mediaportal.log file that MP loads keymap.xml during startup. I checked keymap.xml and discovered it was empty (well, there were top-level xml nodes, but no actual keys). After copying a good version of keymap.xml back in, everything is fine again. I guess there is a...
I've found a fix for this problem... I noticed from the mediaportal.log file that MP loads keymap.xml during startup. I checked...
Hi, I'm using MediaPortal 0.1.3.0 with WindowsXP on a Duron 1300. Everything worked fine until I installed the deamontools...
Replies
Views
Got it working!! I made a backup from the Media Portal Directory. Then I uninstalled Media Portal, after that I removed the directory. Then I made a new "clean"install from Media Portal 0.1.3. Then I copied the db3 files (capture card televison and radio settings) fom the backup directory. After that I downloaded the latest...
Got it working!! I made a backup from the Media Portal Directory. Then I uninstalled Media Portal, after that I removed the...
Hello Media Portal users, Since the new version of media portal (0.1.3.0) the remote controle doesn't work anymore.... :( With...
Replies
Views
Anybody can help me? With winTV200, if i do click in menu in audio Type, i can select digital rec+live, but i MP i can do it. With sesamtv i can heard too. a lot of thanks, it is only what i need, i belive, in order to make it runs. thanks again
Anybody can help me? With winTV200, if i do click in menu in audio Type, i can select digital rec+live, but i MP i can do it...
I have to say that the hauppauge wintvusb works with MP. First I imported the list of channels with the epg and then I fitted...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to get hold of him. But as you say, he's a busy guy. I'm not using media portal at the moment so there is a risk that it can take some time between my tries. But i won't forget it! So if someone who is a frequent visitor on irc wants to take over please let me know. /Peter
I'm trying to get hold of him. But as you say, he's a busy guy. I'm not using media portal at the moment so there is a risk that...
I'd just like to suggest that some of the mediaportal users get together and donate some money for a technotrend premium/hauppauge...
Replies
Views
the wording "Auto Compress" is somehow misleading. I also thought that it would start converting automatically, once a recording takes place. That's the nice thing on the Burner plugin. But it looks like that it is only invoked when you enter the Auto Compress screen in Gui. Once you leave it, it'll start conversion. But the way...
the wording "Auto Compress" is somehow misleading. I also thought that it would start converting automatically, once a recording...
hi@all! i have 2 probs with the auto-compression function in the 0.2.0 beta. 1. auto-compression only works sporadic, when i...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm sorry if this question has been asked before and i have tried to search for the answer on this forum but i cannot seem to be specific enough with the keywords as it return 100's of irrelivant posts. Anyway, what i want to know if it is possible to play an audio cd (Yes, i know that this is possible ;) ) and have MP to...
Hi, i'm sorry if this question has been asked before and i have tried to search for the answer on this forum but i cannot seem to...
Hi, i'm sorry if this question has been asked before and i have tried to search for the answer on this forum but i cannot seem to...
Replies
Views
Finally, my cablestar works whith MP To see more detail go to : http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=59934#59934 Thanks for any help.
Finally, my cablestar works whith MP To see more detail go to ...
I know that this card have no BDA driver. But Skystar card is already implemented in MP with native SDK. CableStar is almost...
Replies
Views
Hi @ all i left parts of the template aside, as the problem is independet from the hardware-configuration. Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.2 Skin: bluetwo Windows Version: win xp prof incl. sp2 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- so,... the problem is that everytime...
Hi @ all i left parts of the template aside, as the problem is independet from the hardware-configuration. Area: Media Portal...
Hi @ all i left parts of the template aside, as the problem is independet from the hardware-configuration. Area: Media Portal...
Replies
Views
The odd thing is that I can enable ffdshow in Media Player Classic but the CPU goes to 100%. (compared to same settings for DVD, the CPU is 40-60%) Does not matter if i change frpm VMR9 to overlay... CPU still 100% and low fps. /g
The odd thing is that I can enable ffdshow in Media Player Classic but the CPU goes to 100%. (compared to same settings for DVD...
Hi, I have Media Portal 0.1.3, ffdshow (20051009) and a PVR-150. I have tried all the possibilities but there is no way i can...
Replies
Views
Hi Chili, Just tried out both your suggestions, unfortunally no change. If these things work for you guys, then I begin to suspect some very specific reason why it might not work for me ... Now just to find out what that might be then ...
Hi Chili, Just tried out both your suggestions, unfortunally no change. If these things work for you guys, then I begin to...
Area: DVD playback MP Version: yesterday's CVS Skin: mce Windows Version: xp sp1 CPU Type: 3200+ Memory: 1gb Motherboard...
Replies
Views
Hi, It is indeed a software encoder based card. For the moment I'm not too worried about the sound though, my main concern is getting rid of the image artifacts caused by interlacing. Therefore I would need to get some codec to work with a deinterlace filter but as you can see, no result so far and no clue what I'm doing wrong...
Hi, It is indeed a software encoder based card. For the moment I'm not too worried about the sound though, my main concern is...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.0.1.3 Skin: Blue Two or MCE Windows Version: WinXP Professional + SP2 CPU Type: AMD...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MSI MEGA PC 651 (1 Viewer) DE
Hello A girder plugin for the MEGA excists. this should get the remove to work Regards René
Hello A girder plugin for the MEGA excists. this should get the remove to work Regards René
Hi I am a new here and went trough the posts but could not find the answer to my question. I have a MSI Mega Pc 651 which I want...
Replies
Views
Califfo, It's great to hear that you are looking into this, it's a really exciting feature. Please keep us posted on the progress. Cheers, Downzy
Califfo, It's great to hear that you are looking into this, it's a really exciting feature. Please keep us posted on the...
I think this has been talked about here before, but I would like to open it up again. I was searching around the forums and found...
Replies
Views
O
I might have abeen a little too happy Since the video signal was so awful, I let it go before continuing to test it so much. You can give it a try if you like. Chris TV does a better job, but it seems that there is no escaping from MPEG-2 hardware decoder on the card after all. Please update with whatever you got.
I might have abeen a little too happy Since the video signal was so awful, I let it go before continuing to test it so much. You...
I finally got it set up, kudos to Media Portal for being the ONLY !! HTPC application where you can enable Live TV with a VIVO...
Replies
Views
O
I've been scanning this forum but could not find an answer. This is my current situation: At this moment I use MCE with 2 internal tunercards and connected to each a Topfield TF500CI topbox to get simultanues 2 independant satellite signals. One to watch, the other to record. These topboxes have an infrared link with the MCE, so with...
I've been scanning this forum but could not find an answer. This is my current situation: At this moment I use MCE with 2 internal...
I've been scanning this forum but could not find an answer. This is my current situation: At this moment I use MCE with 2 internal...
Replies
Views
This tip is able to 2.0 release, i think. but... change audio is not possible??? Sometimes, i have listened two audios (divx or xvid) together at same time.
This tip is able to 2.0 release, i think. but... change audio is not possible??? Sometimes, i have listened two audios (divx or...
I read than with Media Portal's OSD I could be able to change audio language / subitle, but I'm trying to change the audio...
Replies
Views
As far as I know this cannot be changed. I would like to see that feature. Right now you could probably set up a macro with your remote if you have that option.
As far as I know this cannot be changed. I would like to see that feature. Right now you could probably set up a macro with your...
Is there anyway to configure any settings related to the skip ahead (+15sec, +30sec, etc.) and skip back features in the TV/Videos...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 SLOOOOOOOOOOW (1 Viewer) DE
I was using that, and have now changed it as you say... Will see what its like ;) Thanks EDIT - that was it... now 3 mins in 3 seconds or something, and no chuggin :) Thank you so much
I was using that, and have now changed it as you say... Will see what its like ;) Thanks EDIT - that was it... now 3 mins...
When i go to fast forward with my remote... even at 16x it only goes about 4 secs at a time... any way to make it go faster ...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Twinhan DVB-S CI (so close!) (1 Viewer) DE
Still the same problem with the Twinhan. After zapping from channel to channel, it stops working. I decided to return the card to the shop, to get my €100 back. I couldn't get the card working properly with a few other programs like WinDVB, MyTheatre, etc. MediaPortal seems to be ready for it, but I think the hardware and/or BDA...
Still the same problem with the Twinhan. After zapping from channel to channel, it stops working. I decided to return the card to...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.1.3.0, 0.2.0RC1 and the latest CVS Windows Version: Windows XP SP2 Video Card: Nvidia...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Only preview video DE
i love this comunity :D :D :D :D :D :D
i love this comunity :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hi, can i preview a video file without i see in fullscreen mode? I want to preview a video file only when i select the item with...
Replies
Views
W
Nope the "slow" cpu isn't the problem... The problem is mediaportal is too heavy for the pc, i use Snapstream Beyond tv on a epia M10000N with a Hauppauge 500mce Without configuring the computer in any way besides installing the program the computer can "at the same time": Record 2 shows Show live tv on it's own screen...
Nope the "slow" cpu isn't the problem... The problem is mediaportal is too heavy for the pc, i use Snapstream Beyond tv on a...
Hi Folks, I use the MP 0.1.0.5.1 and 0.1.0.6 on an EPIA M10000 with a PVR350 TV Card. Ive read that many guys run the MP like...
Replies
Views
MP functions well. But since I have installed my UsbUirt to order my settopbox, when I leave MP, it posts me an error message saying that MP had to close. Before UsbUirt I did not have this message . It's rather tedious because I control all with the remote, and I must use to the mouse to delete this message.
MP functions well. But since I have installed my UsbUirt to order my settopbox, when I leave MP, it posts me an error message...
MP functions well. But since I have installed my UsbUirt to order my settopbox, when I leave MP, it posts me an error message...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Timechanger tool DE
Just thought I'd let folks know, in case anyone else is having the same problem I had.. if you live in a non-eastern state of Australia (SA, WA, NT) and are having problems matching your times up in Media Portal, I wrote a little app which changes the actual times of each program in the tvguide.xml. For some reason I couldn't get...
Just thought I'd let folks know, in case anyone else is having the same problem I had.. if you live in a non-eastern state of...
Just thought I'd let folks know, in case anyone else is having the same problem I had.. if you live in a non-eastern state of...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom